Team PokéBeach

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need to stay more active so I propose a new topic. I suggest we talk about why stall teams have been very successful. Discuss!

The new year gave many new strategies and moves to stall teams, and it even gave them one of my favorite stallers, Dusknoir. Many pokemon can be made into stallers, you just have to know how to do so. That's my personal opinion on it. I can't wait to see the new stall teams made for the new generation! (When the game finally comes out.)

In my opinion, Stall teams are sucsesful for having high defences. Always a counter, and of course just annoying the oppeonent to death. I remade Team TEEHHE my stall team if anybody wants to have a look. I will be posting it shortly.

Tbh I'm not the biggest fan of stall, nor do I see how it can be sucessful, other than ticking off the opponent and wasting an hour of his or her life. I've tried stall, never liked it, not as fun to use. Semi-stall is in the same boat, but also isn't something to write home about..

Stall is a efficient team, not only does it throw your opponent off game from annoyance but a lot of the time it renders your opponents moves useless. Stall is a very hard team to use and one incorrect move could be fatal.

Uh, dragonexpert, Chansey pretty much beats PoryZ one on one and it can switch into any of its attacks relatively well. Cresselia isn't that big of a threat with Kabutops and Absol. Smogon has made a proposal to ban Rain Dance.

Any thoughts guys?

@Plato: I said check because the Chansey doesn't provide any immediate threat of ko'ing it. Yes Chansey will still beat PorygonZ almost every time. Perhaps I used the wrong terminology, in which case you could correct me.

I've don't play UU that often so I am not the best judge of whether it should be banned from UU play or not. I really don't think the idea of banning Rain Dance from UU is a good one because it is still a strategy. Banning a move should only be done if it is glitchy on the server like how Heart Swap was on Smogon for a while. To my knowledge, there is no banned moves on the Smogon server right now, why change that? If Kabutops proves to be stronger than it should be for the UU tier in the rain, I would think a better idea would be to put Kabutops as a suspect to see if it should be BL. Swift Swim paired with high Attack and Speed can turn it into a ko'ing machine. Perhaps even try testing banning Damp Rock which increases the duration of rain.

Hm....well, any rain dance is strong. Kabutops, Raikou, Quilfish who really is underestimated. However, it depends what kind of Rain dance. Single or double. Anyway, since I don't want any N00Bs rating this, and I said I would post it, here you go, my Stall Team....which sucks.... :-/

Introduction
A long time ago, I started using and getting used to stall. Looking at RMTs, until I made my first stall team. It turned out to be ok. It worked well against most of the common metagame. This was Team TEEHEE! It had some things on it that I now disagree with. I still do love the ones that I replaced but now, it's for the sake of the team. To make it better I was on Smogon Day and night. Looking at the moves I made. Reacting them. Making them better. Getting my defences even higher. Having my team resist so many more types, having anti-spinners, everything a stall team should have.It still needs work, thats why I came to you, to rate it...to rate my very first Pro RMT!

The Team
407.png

380.png

227.png

479W.png

260.png

242.png

Bio-Scope

407.png

252 SPED/252 SP.ATK/6 DEF
Timid
Leaf Storm
Toxic Spikes
Sleep Powder
Hidden Power[Ice]
*Focus Sash*

Overview:
The new and improved lead. Theres nothing better than Sleep+Toxic Spikes. Rosarade, even though not Modest, reaches 349 SP.ATK. With Timid, it reaches 306. With the more bulky leads inhabiting the metagame now like Metagross and Swampert, it won't be to hard to find a place where Rosarade fits. HP Ice over HP fire incase they think Salamence walls the common HP Fire/Leaf Storm set. Now I won't be doing much to Scizor, but I have him covered. Rosarade's main purpouse is set up, then if you can murder the opponent. There are only 3 things that trouble this set, 4 if you count hax, 1:Lum Berry. 2:Trick. 3:Taunt when your faster. 4:Hax by Sleep Powder missing, which seems to always get the best of me. Before Rosarade dawned, I had Fortress seting up all 3 hazerds. I don't knwo what I was thinking with Rosarade avalible. So, I replaced him, now I can do much more than kill myself when I do get taunted. Besides, what woudl a stall taem be without Toxic Spikes? Better yet, unlike my previous lead, I can withdraw Rose and simply use him for when I need to KO a pesky Swampert, or a safe one layer set up on Toxic Spikes when the enemy has to switch out being threatened by HP or Leaf Strorm. Overall I can't think of a lead that would quite fit better. So, I guess enough is enough, thats Rosarade for ya.

380.png

252 SPED/108 HP/150
Timid
Dragon Pulse
Calm Mind
Surf
Recover
*Leftovers*

Overview:
This thing resists so many things my team is weak to. It covers pretty much everyone. Thsi spot was taken my Togikiss, but, it was weak to to many things that I can't handle. This thing resists them. I didn't put that big of a EV diffrence on it beacause I still wanted the same set that has good bulk. Thsi set dosen't have T-bolt like some of my others, but, it has Surf. It helps em kill Infernape, Heatran, or anything else that I can't hit hard with dragon pulse. Anouther thing is that it reaches 296 SP.DEF with no EVs. It make it a complete Special wall to anything that can't lay a Super Effective hit on it. I also considered an defencive non-CM set.
With HP Fire, Dragon Pulse, and surf to cover Scizor. However, I turned it down to this set. Sure, Scizor is a bigger threat, but, Dusknoir and Skarm can handle Scizor pretty good. It also does well against Celebi that don't have Perish song. Walling them on the switch. Leech seed is the bets it can really do before switching into something that gets damenge from SR Spikes or even Toxic Spikes. Then I can use whatever move seems like good choice. These are just a few reasons why I love Latias so much. It has great stats all around, it can stop set ups, and most importantly, it can take most of the hits in the intire metagame.

227.png

252 HP/252 DEF/6 ATK
Impish
Brave Bird
Spikes
Whirlwind
Roost
*Shed Shell*

Overview:
The big Metal bird that can beat any Psycical threat. Ahhh....good times. The reason why Skarm is on like every stall team is beacause he sets up Spikes well, whirlwinds them out well, and walls any Psycical ATK well. When a Scizor comes in Skarm is my first switch. 416 DEF pretty much walls Scizor. Superpower is the only real threat. I 4X resist bug making U-turn useless, and better yet, he can esacpe a Magnazones clutches. Shed Shell Frees him from Magnet Pull. Gving me my way. Once the needed amount of Spikes is out I can blow you away. Whoever comes in will take Spikes and Toxic spikes damenge. Unless they can fly or levitate of course. Skarm can also wall Dragonite who can still cause problums. Fire Pucnh being there common ATK limits them. Also, Skarm gives me the DEF needed to help resist T-Tar. T-tar only has 403 ATK, making 416 DEF superior. Having no STAB on Fire Punch hurts it badly. When I can I can make him switch. Or, if I don't have spikes up, set them up, roost then get him out of my way. When your locked into outrage, I can whirlwind you out. If you switch then 2 things are going to be damenged. This is why I love Skarm. It doe shis job as a hard as rock staller.

479W.png

252 HP/158 DEF/100 SP.DEF
Bold
Thunderbolt
Will~o~Wisp
Rest
Shadowball
*Leftovers*

Overview:
Used to be Dusknoir. I replaced him with Rotom. The most used ghost in the game. There are so many sets. Trick, Bulky, offencive, support. So, after awhile I came up with this. I want to do so many moves on this guy. Instead of Pain Split I put Shadow ball. Since any ground types will wall this guy. It's really made to stand up to Gyarados. T-bolt OHKOs it. If a Mence is out W-o-W is the choice. It also helps against Metagross and Scizor who annoy me so much. It takes care of them quite well. It has more speed than Dusknoir giving it more Gyara lead way. It also does ok against Lucario. It can survive Crunch them W-o-W. It has reast for restring the rest of it's health that has been lost. The rest is just easy to comprehend. The standerd Rotom. I really like him this way, the more stall to better. He's also a graet Bliss partner. Fighting not affecting him at all. He also resists Metagrosses and Scizors STAB ATKs giving him great coveredge all around.

260.png

Careful
252 HP/252 SP.DEF/4 DEF
Ice Punch
Waterfall
Curse
Rest
*Leftovers*

Overview:
I love this guy.Not only can it turn into a complete wall,but it can murder anybody after curse.With 306 SP.DEF this thing can tear through anybody after curse.Now Scizor get 2HKO'd after Curse Waterfall.Metagross won't be happy either.Curse raising DEF and ATK it can take any move that it can throw at it.Attack raising getting higher.DEF getting to an immence state.Soon its an all around wall.However he does have soem thraets.Mix-Mence can't be taken out easily.Luckly though,I have curse and Ice Punch.This is my own opinion can stop it pretty good.Now of course theres one more problum.Energy ball,or any grass move is its enemy.Even 306 SP.DEF isn't enough.However,this is why I made its SP.DEF some high.Swampert,however will never be able to be replaced.It holds a vital role.By becoming the greatest of all walls.Sweepers,and a hero for my team.There is no other Poke that can fufil this role.Being able to stall the best,while striking back is a reason why Swampert is one of the most used Pokemon in the game,and one of my favirotes.This time though Dragons are gonna pay.Ice Punch OHKOs Salamence and after Curse and Ice punch 2HKOs Latias after Curse.

242.png

252 DEF/252 HP/6 SP.DEF
Bold
*Leftovers*
Stealth Rock
Softboiled
Seismic Toss
Flamethower

Overview:
Bliss is Bliss.A Big fat epic staller :D .130 DEF helps him survive weaker Psycical ATKs that he can stall out.This set beats Weavile.Toxic-SB combo.I love it so much.It is the only thing that can stop Suicune/Cresselia/Latias from setting up CM.CM Jirachi is anouther threat.I never like it dealing with My teams.It's just annoying.However,Scarf is even worse.Blissy suffers from being unable to have Toxic/SB com bo due to large flinch and its dosen't affect.If SR and Spikes are both up then I can S-Toss.Since most carry U-turn they will be switching out often.Giving the hazerds a chance to do a good amount every turn.A great partner for Rotom.Blissy is weak to Fighting it's no affected by Fighting.Rotom is weak to Dark and ghost.Ghost dosen't affect Blissy.Dark can be covered by anouther Blissy partner.Skarm.It can outstall Weaviel easy.What can stop it?Scarf-Tran also falls.Explusion won't Kill Blissy making me able to beat it.It has always been a big problum.This time though,I can cover it.Overall Blissy Patches up this teams Special weakness quite nicely.There isn't any true SP.Problum with it unless you get up a Nasty Plot then Focus Blast...that isn't a problum at all.Overall there was no other choice but to include Blissy.It's the only Pokemon that can do It's job as a Fat epic SP.DEF Staller.

This is my team! Please rate!

The Assassin said:
Tbh I'm not the biggest fan of stall, nor do I see how it can be sucessful, other than ticking off the opponent and wasting an hour of his or her life. I've tried stall, never liked it, not as fun to use. Semi-stall is in the same boat, but also isn't something to write home about..

I use stall all the time now. Once you get the whole philosophy and how to play it, it requires basically no elements of prediction. Thus, for the most part, you're in control of the match. That is the prime reason that stall is the main driving force on the ladder, because it allows the user to not have to rely on lady luck for predictions to win. It also has the ability to beat the majority of play-styles out there.

Plato said:
Uh, dragonexpert, Chansey pretty much beats PoryZ one on one and it can switch into any of its attacks relatively well. Cresselia isn't that big of a threat with Kabutops and Absol. Smogon has made a proposal to ban Rain Dance.

Any thoughts guys?

They won't ban rain from UU. Hail already is growing in popularity, so even if it got to that extreme, people could always just change the weather. However, I don't even think rain has gotten to that point. The only reason rain might be to a degree successful is because people aren't prepared for it. It is not because the metagame is unable to prepare for it.

Limitless said:
I use stall all the time now. Once you get the whole philosophy and how to play it, it requires basically no elements of prediction. Thus, for the most part, you're in control of the match. That is the prime reason that stall is the main driving force on the ladder, because it allows the user to not have to rely on lady luck for predictions to win. It also has the ability to beat the majority of play-styles out there.

Well that I can understand. The thing is though, A lot of pokemon have began to run stallbreaker sets or mixed sweeper sets which can usually obliterate Stall teams, and even semi stall to some extent. Now i'll probably end up giving stall a second chance sometime soon, but I havent had nearly enough time to do any decent battling.

See, I don't do stall for this reason. Most teams will go with stall, so I will have to go on the offensive. Take Blissey for example. Although it seems like god, it cannot withstand some Pokemon. These would be the attackers. I am talking Gyarados, Salamance, and pokemon that physically attack. Blissey's defence stat is low, just like it's defense. The Defense EVs will help, but not by much. See what I mean PDC? You cannot rely on stall forever. People will find their way around it.

-_- Joey, who in there FLIPPEN mind would stay in with Blissy when Skarmory is there to wall it. Oh and Scizor is walled (even C-band) after it has Super Power. Even if you don't stay in. It's good if you have something that can stop those things like I did with Swampert and Latias. You have to know what your doing when your using Stall.

The Assassin said:
Well that I can understand. The thing is though, A lot of pokemon have began to run stallbreaker sets or mixed sweeper sets which can usually obliterate Stall teams, and even semi stall to some extent. Now i'll probably end up giving stall a second chance sometime soon, but I havent had nearly enough time to do any decent battling.

The reason why some stall teams are more effective than others is because certain ones can defend against stall breakers, while others cannot. It is the team-builder's job to make sure that those things won't break through.

Joeypals, no one leaves Blissey in a physical attacker. Blissey by itself is not a stall team. A team needs to have many specific parts to handle the different threats that are thrown at it. Stall teams are probably the most reliable play style when used right.

RE: Team PokéBeach - Join Now!

1) Competitive Battling Interests.
I take this clan SERIOUSLY!!!( im 100% to count on)
2) Post Your Team
my team is:
garchomp
zapdos
tyranitar
gyarados
regirock
dusknoir

il take on anyone thats up for a battle! my fc:1376-5068-2972
3) Battling Rules.
Yeah I use all the clauses listed.

i look forward to meet u;)

When giving your team, can you please provide us with their ev spreads and movesets? It will help us make it better. BTW, Garchomp is considered Uber so you will have to change that. Anyway, welcome to the clan.

May I be able to join this fine organization

1) Major intrest. Ive been doing this competitivly for a long time now

2) Alakazam- Timid - Wise Glasses
252 Sp. Att/ 252 spe/ 4 HP
-Calm Mind
-Psychic
-Focus Blast
-Signal beam

Gyrados- Adament- Life Orb
252 Att/ 252 Spe/ 4 HP
-Dragon Dance
-Waterfall
-Earthquake
-Stone edge

Jirachi- Bold- Leftovers
252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 Sp. Def
-Calm Mind
-Wish
-Psychic
-Thunderbolt

Torterra- Impish- Leftovers
252 HP/ 252 Sp. Def/ 4 Def
-Curse
-Leech Seed
-Synthesis
-Seed Bomb

Empoleon- Modest- Petaya Berry
252 Sp. Att/ 252 Spe/ 4 HP
-Agility
-Hydro Pump
-Ice Beam
-Gras Knot

Electivire- Adament- Expert Belt
252 Att/ 252 Spe/ 4HP
-Thunder Punch
-Ice Punch
-Low Kick
-Earthquake

3) I use the standard clauses that were listed

It makes it so it only shows the amount of damage needed for the ko. If an attack would do 80% and you only haad 20% left, it would say X lost 20% of its health instead of 80%.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back