• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Tank Time (M Venusaur / Virzion EX / Cherrim)

RE: Tank Time (M-Venusaur / Sceptile / Floette)

Ok thanks I updated the list!

Since I don't need energy in my hand as much anymore (Because Virizion EX is the energy accelerator) I took out the Professors letter for Colress.

One thing I like doing with Mega Venusaur is using Celebi EX or Memory Shrine to use Jungle Hammer to heal an extra 30 on those times when you only need to do 90 damage or Poison Powder when you only have 3 Energy. Examples of when to use Jungle Hammer: Against Seismitoad, Jirachi EX, Groudon EX, and basics/Stage 1s of Stage 2 Pokemon; as your second attack against something with over 180 HP (Megas, particularly), and after something got hit for 150 after Virbank and switched out of the poison. If you use Memory Shrine, balancing when to use each stadium can be a challenge. Celebi is nice because while it is a potential "free" 2 prizes, if someone takes a turn hitting your Celebi, that's a turn they didn't hit your big bad Venusaur with 4 Energy on it. Either way, healing that extra 30 damage/turn can be brutal.

I like it!

So we could add 2 Celebi EX and take out a Colress and something?

What do you do against safeguard pokemon? You do not want to have to rely on cherrim. One sigilyph that is attacking can basically ruin this deck. 1 or 2 Tropius can ruin Suicune, though a sigilyph would take at least 2 hits to knock out.

Well to take out safe guard pokemon we use M Venusaur-EX's Crisis Vine attack which Paralyzes and Poisons the defending pokemon + virbank so they can't attack and they take damage from poison. I think thats a pretty good way of KO-ing them. Otherwise we could just Lysandre around them.

I thought safe guard pokemon were protected from all effects of ex pokemon. Including status effects.

Really? well then... Thats a problem. I guess we could use 2 Tropius or 2 Snorlax 80/106 Flashfire because with Virizion EX in play the snorlax won't fall asleep when he uses Sleepy Press and has grass energy on him + 20 heal power + 60 (if you have 3 on the bench) heal power from Cherrims Fair-Weather Heal ability which says:
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may heal 20 damage from 1 of your Pokémon that has any Grass Energy attached to it.

so technically he could be a second tank too.

what do you think?

Really? well then... Thats a problem. I guess we could use 2 Tropius or 2 Snorlax 80/106 Flashfire because with Virizion EX in play the snorlax won't fall asleep when he uses Sleepy Press and has grass energy on him + 20 heal power + 60 (if you have 3 on the bench) heal power from Cherrims Fair-Weather Heal ability which says:
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may heal 20 damage from 1 of your Pokémon that has any Grass Energy attached to it.

so technically he could be a second tank too.

what do you think?

I think that you can put some Silent Lab's. So, there will be no more abilities from Basic Pokemon.

Haven't read through all of the above posts, but have you thought of running Floette with the Grass Ability instead of Cherrim?
Just curious.

Back