• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Tank Time (M Venusaur / Virzion EX / Cherrim)

Plasma Dragon

Until the end of time
Pokemon(15):
  • 3 Venusaur EX
  • 3 M Venusaur EX
  • 3 Virzion EX
  • 3 Cherrim
  • 3 Cherubi
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums (33):
  • 3 Virbank
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 4 N
  • 2 Colress
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 1 Lysandre's Last Resort
  • 1 Skyla
  • 3 VS Seeker
  • 1 Professor's Letter
  • 2 Jamming Net
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 2 Hard Charm
  • 2 Energy Switch
  • 1 Escape Rope
  • 1 Switch
Energy (12):
  • 12 Grass Energy

Strategy:
The Strategy in this deck is to set up a M Venusaur Which has 230 HP and "Tank" with him by using cards like jamming net on opponents EX's and hard charm on M Venusaur to reduce damage dealt to him and use healing cards like Cherrim to heal M Venusaur to keep him going. So if you had a jamming net on your opponents active EX and a hard charm on M Venusaur and with 3 Cherrim on the bench it would reduce damage by 40 then heal 60 for a 100 damage buffer! But who said he is going to get attacked? when you use M Venusaur Crisis Vine it does 120 damage and Your opponent's Active Pokémon is now Paralyzed and Poisoned! So if they can't use a switching item card or get rid of the Paralysis then they will receive 120 + 30 Virbank Poison + 30 Virbank Poison on the return trip for 180 wich will knock out all 180 or lower pokemon + it will be your turn again to start the process all over again!

Any suggestions would be greatly welcomed :D Thanks

OPoShmo

Forever wishing Flygon-EX was more usable...
RE: Tank Time! (M-Venusaur, Sceptile, Floette)

Training Centre doesn't give the buff to Mega Venusaur; only to Stage 1&2 pokés (megas ARE evolved, but not classed as a Stage 1/2)

On that notes:

-3 Training Centre
+1 Ultra Ball (consistency)
+2 Robo Substitute (whilst M Venusaur is tanky, robo sub helps with the whole "no spirit link" thing and save on unnecessary damage to any of your pokés that you have to waste your 1 energy attachment for the turn to heal back off)

Plasma Dragon

Until the end of time
RE: Tank Time (M-Venusaur / Sceptile / Floette)

to bad about training center...
I think with Sceptile you can attach more the one energy cause its ability says:
Ability
Nurture and Heal

Once during your turn (before your attack), you may attach a Grass Energy card from your hand to 1 of your Pokémon. If you do, heal 30 damage from that Pokémon.

so you could attach one normaly but not get the effect or you could play one normally and then use Sceptiles ability to play another energy and heal 30 from that poke.

Updated!

OPoShmo

Plasma Dragon said:
I think with Sceptile you can attach more the one energy cause its ability says:
Ability
Nurture and Heal

Once during your turn (before your attack), you may attach a Grass Energy card from your hand to 1 of your Pokémon. If you do, heal 30 damage from that Pokémon.

so you could attach one normaly but not get the effect or you could play one normally and then use Sceptiles ability to play another energy and heal 30 from that poke.

Whoops, totally missed that part about it's ability! In that case, Robo Subs aren't 100% necessary (still nice to have the option though) but I don't know what else you'd want to put in those 2 spare slots. The only things that come to mind are just adding extras of current cards to improve consistency i.e. an extra Rare Candy etc

Plasma Dragon

Until the end of time

I think I will stick with the Robo Subs for now.... (wish training center would work :( ) Maybe I could put in some evo sodas too.

Plasma Dragon

Until the end of time

Another tank deck I could try is by switching M Venusaur, Venusaur and some other cards for: Heracross EX and it's Mega... its just a interesting idea I came up with....

OPoShmo

Mega Heracross is a fun deck to run; but Mega Venusaur is MUCH tankier - as with any deck, it's up to your own playstyle and (more importantly) what you'll have fun with!

appleatingoat

Aspiring Trainer

Mega venasaur is the best card in the world!!! (except they didn't give it a spirit link :() but if you play virbank city gym with this then your KOing every EX out there because the paralyze effect stops retreat and attack, so the damage hit's 180 in-between their turn and yours. And when the turn comes back to you, they are forced to bring up the next victim (I mean Pokémon) heh heh. Then you can repeat for continuous KOs.

I would switch flote and fablebe for Verizon so you can accelerate energies onto mega venusaur faster

Plasma Dragon

Until the end of time

appleatingoat said:
Mega venasaur is the best card in the world!!! (except they didn't give it a spirit link :() but if you play virbank city gym with this then your KOing every EX out there because the paralyze effect stops retreat and attack, so the damage hit's 180 in-between their turn and yours. And when the turn comes back to you, they are forced to bring up the next victim (I mean Pokémon) heh heh. Then you can repeat for continuous KOs.

I would switch flote and fablebe for Verizon so you can accelerate energies onto mega venusaur faster

You right about Virizion-EX being faster but what about Sceptile (he kinda gets replaced) also the deck would not be a "tank" deck anymore because he would not have huge amounts of HP.

But... if I was going towards that then I would make these changes:
-3 Sceptile 8/160 PRC
-2 Grovyle
-3 Treecko
-3 Floette 64/106 FLF
-3 Flabébé
-2 Rare Candy

+4 Virizion EX
+3 Virbank

spots open: 6

what to fill the spots with...

appleatingoat

Aspiring Trainer

Wait a minute back up a little, why/how is this a tank deck? I don't see the purpose of a tank deck that does not have a proper method of healing and does not have a 300+ damage buffer... No, the Sceptile does not count as a way to heal, because it does not heal your attacking Pokémon every turn, only when you have energies in hand. So without a way to circulate the energies, there is no way for Sceptile to be an effective source of healing. Right now a better way to tank is to use Wailord-EX, Aurorus, and rough seas. That way you have 100-120 damage buffer plus a 30 damage per turn heal, add a second Wailord on your bench and switch the hard charm with float stone and you have an 80-100 damage buffer stacked with a 60 damage per turn heal. so in total 1 Wailord can take up to 360 damage. (You get where my #s are coming from right? Ok, I'm assuming were on the same page then)

Vom

livin' in a lonely world
Forum Mod

Zekrom
Hey, I think you could drop the Energy Retrievals for 2 Wally and a Professors Letter.

appleatingoat

Aspiring Trainer

Vom said:
Zekrom
Hey, I think you could drop the Energy Retrievals for 2 Wally and a Professors Letter.

Wally has been released? Huh? Really?

Plasma Dragon

Until the end of time

appleatingoat said:
Vom said:
Zekrom

Wally has been released? Huh? Really?

No it has not been released yet...

Well Wailord-EX would be a better tank deck... I like this deck better what I forgot to tell in the strategy is that M Venusaur-EX's Crisis Vine attack does 120 damage and Paralyzes and Poisons the defending pokemon so it does 120 + poison virbank 30 + opponent can't attack (unless they use something to switch or remove the Paralysis) then + poison virbank 30 on the return tripr does 30 more = 180 = OHKO
So that was my strategy. So I did not think it would be to to bad on damage cause they could not attack.

So thats my argument and I am sticking to it ;)

appleatingoat

Aspiring Trainer

um... what you just said right there is almost exactly what I posted earlier when giving you a suggestion... but I had the feeling you didn't like what I said because it would turn it around from a tank to a lock. Sooo I tried to explain how Wailord would be a better tank since you seem to want to stick to a tank deck. But now your saying that what I said before is your real strategy... So now I'm really confused because in your deck list I don't even see a single virbank, even though your saying the virbank strategy I suggested to you was your real strategy all along.

Plasma Dragon

Until the end of time

O.... I though that OPoShmo said that.... How embarrassing.... (also about the virbank thing I forgot to add it :( )

appleatingoat

Aspiring Trainer

Well ok, but since you've decided on the lock and virbank I would think you would really want to play Virizion. For faster energy acceleration and for to stop them from using your own virbank against you.

Plasma Dragon

Until the end of time

true. Ok then should I take out Sceptile because he takes up alot of room and his energy acceleration is not as useful any more. And if we did that what kind of healing would we use? (if any)

appleatingoat

Aspiring Trainer

Hmm I guess you could use Cherrim PLS 7 for healing. It heals 20 damage from one of your Pokémon that has any grass energy attached to it. So if you did a 3/3 line of them then it could heal you 60 damage per turn, much better than Sceptile. And if you attached a hard charm to mega Venusaur EX and a jamming net to the opposing Pokémon then that's a 100 damage buffer right there.

Plasma Dragon

Until the end of time

Yeah that could work! I so:
-3 Sceptile
-2 Grovyle
-3 Treecko

+3 Cherrim
+3 Cherubi

2 spots left.... any other idea's?
(will edit list after the spots are filled)

appleatingoat

Aspiring Trainer

I would take out the energy retrieval for 2 hard harm and then the other 2 spots for jamming net. (you have trump card in so energy retrieval shouldn't be a problem) Oh yea and to make room for 3 Virizion I would take out those Flabébé and Floette and 2 rare candy, then the other 5 spots for 2 energy switch 1 escape rope 1 switch and 1 Skyla. Maybe you could also take out a professors letter for another Colress.