• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Rotation Deck Ideas

Cake101 said:
no, wait until skyla comes out.

Skyla will not be that good. I would say it's a 1-of at most. Its status as a supporter really makes its effect not worth it. Most people just Juniper or something for that certain trainer they need anyway.

Ursus said:
Skyla will not be that good. I would say it's a 1-of at most. Its status as a supporter really makes its effect not worth it. Most people just Juniper or something for that certain trainer they need anyway.

Yes but remember that since we are loosing a lot of our draw supporters it may result in a meta game that revolves around trainers. This fact makes skyla a possibility. People will want to fit it in to cover as a supporter.

Milky said:
Why does everyone hype Gabite? You're slowing yourself down with T3 Garchomp instead of Turn 2, and wasting valuable space in the deck.

This is CLEARLY theorymon. Seriously, If you have used the deck, you would understand that you would have a Garchomp and a Gabite out T2-3, while you keep streaming Gabites/Gibles/Garchomps to keep the consistency on. W/o Gabite, Garchomp would be terrible as it would be inconsistent and slow(er).

You must enter a nickname said:
Wouldn't write it off the map completely. Juniper and Ultra Ball being played in most decks will definetely benefit mill decks a lot also keep in mind Rayquaza and Garchomp help Durant mill so I definetely think there can be a place for Durant/Aggron in the metagame. That and the format will be slower which obviously Durant benefits from (Remember cities?).

Durant loses Twins, Dual Ball, Collector, Rotom, Recover Energy, Junk Arm. I guess Aggron is a gain, but not enough to replace the use of Junk Arm. Now it only gets 4 Catcher, 4 Crushing Hammer flips, and 4 Enhanced Hammer. And as far as I know, it loses Special Metal (for now, at least). And Garchomp hits the magic 100 mark either way, so it automatically OHKO's Durant. And with 2 Altaria, Garchomp OHKO's without the top 2 discard. Although with Blend Energy becoming popular, it might stand a chance, but I extremely doubt it.

I wouldn't totally rule out Durant yet. I'm not going to just give up on it until I have played a few games against the top tier.

what do you think of aggron/sablye heres my list so far

4 sableye dark explorers
4-4-4 aggron dragon exalted
4 devolution spray
4 rare candy
2 revive
4 pokemon catcher
4 n
4 juniper
3 cheren
4 level ball
3 ultra ball
2 crushing hammer
2 enhanced hammer
10 dark energy

the strategy is to use sableye's junk hunt to get devolution spray/rare candy/level/ultra ball/level ball/pokemon catcher back
and to use devolution spray/rare candy to evolve aron or lairons into aggrons to mill you opponents deck you can mill 12 cards if you evolve 4 aggrons

GHJamesGH said:
I wouldn't totally rule out Durant yet. I'm not going to just give up on it until I have played a few games against the top tier.

It loses Rotom. That single card makes Durant unplayable. But on top of Rotom, Durant loses Collector, Twins and Special Metal, all three of which Durant depend on immensely. Durant is not playable now, Durant will not be playable after the rotation.

sonicboom said:

4 sableye dark explorers
4 devolution spray
4 rare candy
2 revive
4 pokemon catcher
4 n
4 juniper
3 cheren
4 level ball
3 ultra ball
2 crushing hammer
2 enhanced hammer
10 dark energy

the strategy is to use sableye's junk hunt to get devolution spray/rare candy/level/ultra ball/level ball/pokemon catcher back
and to use devolution spray/rare candy to evolve aron or lairons into aggrons to mill you opponents deck you can mill 12 cards if you evolve 4 aggrons

The best place for this post is the deck garage. Consider posting there.

Durant by it's self is dead just by losing Junk Arm, I've been testing Durant/Aggron for the past few days, and aside from one terrible game (bad shuffling cause me to have a starting hand of Terrakion and nothing but energy, and I did't get a supporter for three turns, but by then I was too far behind anyways.) I've been doing decent with it. The main problem I'm having is prized Aggron's, it hurts this deck quite a bit, but if you keep up the disruption, you can still win.

Milky said:
Just make RayEels. It'll be the BDIF and will cost $50 to build because of the tins and cheap trainer line.

Check my RayEels thread for a list.

RayEels is far from being the BDIF. Garchomp, which is already getting much hype, can OHKO a Rayquaza before it even gets an attack off. Trading 1 prize for 2 prizes isn't very good for decks BW-on.

sonicboom said:

4 sableye dark explorers
4 devolution spray
4 rare candy
2 revive
4 pokemon catcher
4 n
4 juniper
3 cheren
4 level ball
3 ultra ball
2 crushing hammer
2 enhanced hammer
10 dark energy

Max Potion? That's like the key card for Devolution Spray.

@OP- I think you can try something with Mew EX. If you play Prism + Blend Energy you can essentially use any of your opponent's attacks. My favorite would be Mew with Fighting to copy Garchomp, then Max Potion + Eviolite to make it hard to kill.

alexmf2 said:
It loses Rotom. That single card makes Durant unplayable. But on top of Rotom, Durant loses Collector, Twins and Special Metal, all three of which Durant depend on immensely. Durant is not playable now, Durant will not be playable after the rotation.
It makes straight Durant a risky play (you really only auto-lose if you prize 2 Durant or more), but there are other ways to run Durant. Think outside the box ~

You must enter a nickname said:
It makes straight Durant a risky play (you really only auto-lose if you prize 2 Durant or more), but there are other ways to run Durant. Think outside the box ~

The only other card that uses Durants purpose is Aggron. And Aggron is bad.

So what if you auto lose if two Durant are prized? The odds of that are less than 1/100! To anyone that thinks Durant is garbage next format, please play me with proxies on Playtcg.

GHJamesGH said:
So what if you auto lose if two Durant are prized? The odds of that are less than 1/100! To anyone that thinks Durant is garbage next format, please play me with proxies on Playtcg.

I was talking about if you prize 1 Durant, which is bad enough...

And prizing 2 is definitely not 1/100. It is a LOT lower than that.

^It is about a 1/10 chance. But I would definitely say that you should play a Flygon/Dusknoir combo. Spread and destroy!

Guys I was thinking of building RayEels but now I'm thinking more Garchomp. Can you post any Garchomp threads or just give me some tips on Garchomp. You can compare garchomp and rayquaza here. Anyways my thoughts on Durant is that straight Durant has no chance as it is way to risky and has lost most of its techs. Durant/Aagron still has a chance though.

Mudkip711 said:
RayEels is far from being the BDIF. Garchomp, which is already getting much hype, can OHKO a Rayquaza before it even gets an attack off. Trading 1 prize for 2 prizes isn't very good for decks BW-on.

If you're play testing and Rayquaza can't get an attack off you're playing it wrong. Rayquaza can OHKO your Turn 2 Garchomp after it has done either 120 or 160 (no energy accel, no 2 energy in 1 turn) or perhaps even the gabite/active before it can evolve if the Ray player goes first, it then proceeds to get KOd provided they did damage the second turn, or then takes damage if not. If not, it KOs the second garchomp. If it did die, the second Ray steps up and takes a prize, that's two prizes already, even prize trade so far. The other player responds with his third Garchomp, does damage, gets revenge KOd. By then I have a Raikou on the bench ready to kill off your Altarias, IF you even had any set up, usually my friend gets 0-1 using PikachuMafias deck list (slightly modified).

People shouldn't bash Theorymon either. Everything begins with an idea, once you have the theory down you're ready to begin testing; thorough testing. If you'd like, I'll post draw statistics in a while.

Back