• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Rotation Deck Ideas

silver116

<(~__~)>
Hey everyone! As you know (probably before me) a rotation is upon us and some of the best cards such as PONT, dual ball, junk arm, and the special energies are leaving us. Here's where my problem lays, I ONLY RUN ROUGE DECKS, so I'm pretty much screwed when this rotation comes around. I can't run Durant, mew prime, and most of my decks. Here's where you come in, I recently traded for a full 4-4 line of Eelektrik and most if the cards needed in a zek-eel deck. Would love it if you could post some decklists for me to build on or just give me some tips on the deck. And if you have any other deck ideas, I'd love to hear em and start getting ready for rotation. Thank ya! :)

- Silver

Just make RayEels. It'll be the BDIF and will cost $50 to build because of the tins and cheap trainer line.

Check my RayEels thread for a list.

I beg to differ Milky. As you should base your opinion off Japan's current metagame, you can conclude that Garchomp can 1HKO Rayquaza, so the 1 against 2 prize exchange is invalid. With a built in search within the Garchomp line, Rayquaza can't stand.

You must enter a nickname said:
If you want a rogue try Durant/Aggron.

Sounds like an interesting concept, but tell me just how it is supposed to be consistent with the loss of Pokémon Collector, dual ball, junkarm, special metal, twins, and rotom? All of which are crucial to the deck.

Milky said:
Just make RayEels. It'll be the BDIF and will cost $50 to build because of the tins and cheap trainer line.

Check my RayEels thread for a list.

I'll be sure to check out your list. It sounds like a great concept and I'll BR sure to pull and trade them at prerelease. However, I will have to look into the garchomp matchup. ;)

silver116 said:
Sounds like an interesting concept, but tell me just how it is supposed to be consistent with the loss of Pokémon Collector, dual ball, junkarm, special metal, twins, and rotom? All of which are crucial to the deck.

I'll be sure to check out your list. It sounds like a great concept and I'll BR sure to pull and trade them at prerelease. However, I will have to look into the garchomp matchup. ;)

Aggron/Durant holds no weight. It is way too inconsistent, as you mentioned.

RayEels will NOT be BDIF at all. As said earlier, Garchomp destroys it in one hit and wins the prize race. For rotation I would consider playing any of the following:

Darkrai/Hydreigon
Garchomp/Altaria
Eels

or if you wanted to go with a more "rogue-ish" route, you could try Klinklang/Registeel.

*Moved to Competitive Collective*

In the future, please only post metagame decks in the Deck Garage. Thank you.

silver116 said:

Well every deck loses those great cards and you just gotta deal with it.
Now obviously Durant/Aggron plays very differently than a standard HGSS-on Durant list. You have a lot more options with Aggron. Since Aggron discards via its ability, you don't need to Devour each turn. Those turns could be used to Junk Hunt with Sableye (a nice card I would definetely play in the deck), getting back resources like Crushing Hammers and Catchers. Or you could send up Aggron and hope your opponent misses the catcher next turn (which is not too unlikely in a Junk Arm less format) and is unable to take a prize. The deck has a lot of options and you really gotta try to find out what works for you. As for consistensy issues, well all stage 2 decks are obviously not as consistenst as a stage 1 deck or a basic deck. But keep in mind Durant/Aggron has two main ways of discarding so if you're not able to get Aggrons into play fast enough, don't worry. Spend a few turns Devouring and you can still catch up when those Aggrons finally hit the field.

Now obviously Durant/Aggron plays very differently than a standard HGSS-on Durant list. You have a lot more options with Aggron. Since Aggron discards via its ability, you don't need to Devour each turn. Those turns could be used to Junk Hunt with Sableye (a nice card I would definetely play in the deck), getting back resources like Crushing Hammers and Catchers. Or you could send up Aggron and hope your opponent misses the catcher next turn (which is not too unlikely in a Junk Arm less format) and is unable to take a prize. The deck has a lot of options and you really gotta try to find out what works for you. As for consistensy issues, well all stage 2 decks are obviously not as consistenst as a stage 1 deck or a basic deck. But keep in mind Durant/Aggron has two main ways of discarding so if you're not able to get Aggrons into play fast enough, don't worry. Spend a few turns Devouring and you can still catch up when those Aggrons finally hit the field.

I have to hand it to you I completely over looked that fact: All decks are losing these basic staples. Thank you for bringing that to the light and I'll loook further into Durant/aagron. Any tips for an eels deck?

It actually has three. You can use NV Durant to discard/Aggron Ability/Lairon's second Attack.

Here's my list for the deck, it will probably be changed a bit after some testing.

4-3-3 Aggron DEX
4 Durant NV
2 Terrakion NV
Pokemon: 16

4 N
4 Cheren
3 Juniper
Supporters: 11

4 Catcher
4 Level Ball
4 Heavy Ball
3 Rescue Scarf
3 De-Evolution Spray
3 Crushing Hammer
Trainers: 24

8 Metal Energy
4 Blend Energy WLFM
Energy: 12

Lairon's second attack is incredibly useful in this deck. It can help mill even more than Durant.

Emopanda133 said:
It actually has three. You can use NV Durant to discard/Aggron Ability/Lairon's second Attack.

Here's my list for the deck, it will probably be changed a bit after some testing.

4-3-3 Aggron DEX
4 Durant NV
2 Terrakion NV
Pokemon: 16

4 N
4 Cheren
3 Juniper
Supporters: 11

4 Catcher
4 Level Ball
4 Heavy Ball
3 Rescue Scarf
3 De-Evolution Spray
3 Crushing Hammer
Trainers: 24

8 Metal Energy
4 Blend Energy WLFM
Energy: 12

Lairon's second attack is incredibly useful in this deck. It can help mill even more than Durant.

OMG thank you for the list! Will test when the set comes out and I'm looking forward to running both a mill deck and an eels deck. Durant gives me that rouge touch that I need. ;)

If you liked Mew Prime, I'm sure that the new (old) Mew EX that is coming out is sure to have some neat uses like it did before. I guarantee some wacky decks with it will come out eventually as more cards come out, but I don't think anybody has come up with anything crazy with it yet just because the low HP and bad Weakness are a hindrance for right now.

dmaster out.

Why does everyone hype Gabite? You're slowing yourself down with T3 Garchomp instead of Turn 2, and wasting valuable space in the deck.

Milky said:
Why does everyone hype Gabite? You're slowing yourself down with T3 Garchomp instead of Turn 2, and wasting valuable space in the deck.

I believe it is because of the fact that stage 2 decks are going to dominate after the release of the new set. Also, just as any hyped card, people don't fully know how the card will be in the meta game until it comes out. It's all speculation from Japan. Kind of like how everyone hyped Gengar Prime and the next week it became rouge! Lol

Milky said:

T1 Get 3 Gible.
T2 Evolve one Gible into Gabite, search for another Gabite and evolve another Gible, and then search for a Garchomp and Rare Candy the third Gible into a Garchomp.
T3 You have two more easy to get Garchomps.

His ability means a less drawn out Ball Engine, and quick set up. That's why he's hyped.

And not every Stage 2 deck needs a T2 Stage 2, there are one's like this that benifit from the Stage 1.

EliGagerNorris said:
Durant/Aggron is way too inconsistent to work. It's clunky and depends on unsearchable Trainers.
Wouldn't write it off the map completely. Juniper and Ultra Ball being played in most decks will definetely benefit mill decks a lot also keep in mind Rayquaza and Garchomp help Durant mill so I definetely think there can be a place for Durant/Aggron in the metagame. That and the format will be slower which obviously Durant benefits from (Remember cities?).

Back