• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

ReshiRayBoar

Frost Mage

Pegasususus
Updated list with Rayquaza EX.

Pokemon: 16
  • 3x Reshiram
  • 1x Victini EX
  • 3x Tepig
  • 1x Pignite
  • 3x Emboar (LT)
  • 3x Rayquaza EX
  • 1x Mewtwo
  • 1x Exeggute

Trainers: 32
  • 4x Professor Juniper
  • 4x N
  • 4x Rare Candy
  • 3x Skyla
  • 3x Superior Energy Retrieval
  • 3x Ultra Ball
  • 1x Heavy Ball
  • 1x Switch
  • 2x Bicycle
  • 2x Tool Scrapper
  • 2x Escape Rope
  • 1x Dowsing Machine
  • 2x Super Rod

Energy: 12
  • 9x Fire
  • 3x Lightning

StrategyOHKOs with Rayquaza, Reshiram for easy Virizion/Genesect knockouts, Emboar for Inferno Fandango, Tool Scrapper away the possible threat of Garbodor, and lots more.

RE: ReshiBoar 2.0

-1 Bicycle, just don't
-3 Fire Energy, for the Blend Energy

+1 Emboar, you know, having 4 gives you more chances of getting one.
+2 Blend Energy GFPD for Sygilyph, if you can use it, that's even better.
+1 Pignite, in case you can't use items

I can see taking out the Bicycle, but I really need a lot of energy for this deck. I could definitely see the benefits of being able to attack with Sigilyph, though. I'll think about putting a couple Blend Energy in, as well as a fourth Emboar; it's really just been a means of getting my hands on a fourth one. As for Pignite, I feel like that's just wasted space, since even if you can't use items, how likely is it that you'll draw a Pignite when you have only one in your deck?

Frost Mage said:
I can see taking out the Bicycle, but I really need a lot of energy for this deck. I could definitely see the benefits of being able to attack with Sigilyph, though. I'll think about putting a couple Blend Energy in, as well as a fourth Emboar; it's really just been a means of getting my hands on a fourth one. As for Pignite, I feel like that's just wasted space, since even if you can't use items, how likely is it that you'll draw a Pignite when you have only one in your deck?

0.0166~ Is the chance, as 1 being the whole deck.
10 - 0.166
100 - 1.66

Haha, right. So are you just proving my point then, or do you have a reason why I should add it?

Frost Mage said:
Haha, right. So are you just proving my point then, or do you have a reason why I should add it?

That's why you have supporters, think you can't use items, at least you have that minimum chance of getting it, without it.... well.... no way to get Emboar.

For example if you use a Juniper the chance of getting it is more than the 11%. -Being the whole deck 100%-
Colress with 10 benched it's the 16%.

It's very uncommon that that happens, but I see your point. I'm gonna add two Blends and an Emboar, and take out three fire energies, I think.

Tip:

If you have 4-0-4 Emboar and you use the S.E.R. look in your Discard Pile, if you have for example:
4 Fire Energy
1 Emboar
1 Rare Candy

And your hand:
1 S.E.R.
1 Tepig
1 Level Ball

You can discard the Tepig with no problem, as far as I know you won't use Emboar for attacking, Victini and Reshiram are for that.

That's what I do when I have to use the Ultra Ball with my Blastoise/Keldeo deck.

I will definitely consider that. Thanks for the tips, let me know if you ever think of any more.

y...you don't even have super rod..
h-how do you expect to win without super rod?
p-prize trade is still 3-6 on ex pokemon..

I-I can add some Super Rods to my deck helti-desu...
I-I actually have one on my dresser right now...
W-why are they so important...
P-please... don't leave me, Senpai...

Pretty much any deck should use super rod, barring some very odd exceptions. Super rod is just too good at keeping you in the game, since you may (and at some point most definitely will) have to discard either some key energies or key pokemon, and super rod lets you throw both of those back into a usable place. That's why :b

As a Virizion-Genesect deck player, following are some thoughts for your consideration:

• You will need 1-2 Stadiums to counter Frozen City.
  • Your Sigilyph's Safeguard provides littel/no protection - your benched Poké can be easily Red Signal'd and attacked/KOd. Even if I choose not to Red Signal (and you have a Sigilyph active), I want the energy attachment acceleration Emerald Slash provides; I do not care about any damage output onto your Sigilyph.
  • There are a variety of tech Poké many VG deck players run (e.g., Mewtwo EX); so your Reshirams can be easily 1HKOd without exposing any R-weak Poké. Eron's suggestion regarding including some P energy is a very good one...
Btw, you can use Skyla to get a Bicycle too. I find Bicycle to be quite useful in Stage 2 decks (I run 2 in my RayBoar deck).

Very good issues to bring up. God Red Signal is powerful. xD Any other counters that I could use on Virizion/Genesect? Also, I will be adding some Super Rods, but how many?

1-2 Super Rod is best, I find, but sometimes you may need 3. Play around with it!
As for VirGen counters, I can't think of anything Dx
VirGen is annoying, because Mirror falls to G Booster >.>
And that annoys me very much because it means that MirrorCune autoloses to it ;w;

OK, if you wanna up consistency here's what I'd do. If you don't have all the cards that's fine, but it should be relatively easy to get all the cards I suggest:

-2 Victini EX
-2 Sigilyph
-1 Victory Piece
-1 Bike
-1 Enhanced Hammer
-2 Switch
-2 Silver Bangle (math makes no diff.)
-3 Fire Energy
-1 Tool Scrapper (either go 2-3 or 0)

+3 Rayquaza EX
+1 Pignite
+1 Emboar
+3 Ultra Ball
+2 Escape Rope (or Float Stone)
+1 Sup. Energy Ret,
+3 Lightning Energy
+1 Dowsing Machine
+1 Super Rod

Options to consider:
-1 Reshiram or -1 Level Ball
+1 Exeggcute

Finding room for a Heavy Ball

That's just what I'd do, of course it is your deck so you can do whatever you want.
Hope I helped Frosty :p

[private]This should have been unapproved, Fletchling. ~Kecleon[/private]

Then it just turns into RayBoar and I'd pretty much have to change up my whole strategy and I'd have to take out Sigilyph so stalling is out of the picture...

Frost Mage said:
Then it just turns into RayBoar and I'd pretty much have to change up my whole strategy and I'd have to take out Sigilyph so stalling is out of the picture...

IDK why you'd wanna stall and what's wrong with Rayboar? It's better than just straight Reshiram, if you wanna focus on Reshiram more try just 2 Rays

Back