• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format Repurposing Gardevoir GX for Post Rotation (WIP)

I'd opt for at least 2 Tapu Lele GX in a list of your structure. You're running a very wide spread of Supporters, and in my own playtesting, I almost always use 2 Tapu Lele GX throughout the game, and I do use all 3 copies that I run on occasion, partially because this deck doesn't need much on the bench to operate anyway.

That's true, but playing on lele you are lot more likely to start with eevee and relay on magical ribbon. I could also reduce the range of supporters

In pre rotation format is way better

##Pokémon - 12

* 4 Eevee SUM 101
* 3 Sylveon-GX GRI 92
* 2 Ralts BUS 91
* 2 Gardevoir-GX BUS 93
* 1 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60

##Trainer Cards - 36

* 2 Guzma BUS 143
* 3 Cynthia UPR 148
* 3 Team Flare Grunt GEN 73a
* 3 Enhanced Hammer GRI 124
* 3 Crushing Hammer KSS 34
* 4 Puzzle of Time BKP 109
* 2 Rare Candy GRI 165
* 2 Pal Pad UPR 132
* 1 Choice Band BUS 162
* 3 Nest Ball SUM 158
* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 161
* 1 Diantha FLI 130
* 1 Counter Catcher CIN 120
* 1 Float Stone BKT 137
* 3 N FCO 105a

##Energy - 12

* 9 Fairy Energy BUS 169
* 3 Double Colorless Energy GRI 166

It's up to you really.

I don't think disruption Sylveon has much value post rotation, personally. It loses some good cards, and there's a lot of Pokemon who can play actively out of the discard pile when it comes to getting energy or accelerating energy. I think disruption Sylveon is an interesting deck, but it only works if it...you know. Disrupts.

That's why I'm going the Necrozma GX route. You have tons of single target damage with Gardevoir GX, then you have tons of spread damage with Necrozma GX, and Gardevoir/Sylveon doesn't have any damage dealing GX attacks that it overlaps with, so this just gives you match up coverage.

I am rethinking the 2 copies of Judge and thinking about just getting back the 1 ralts and the 1 rare candy I cut to make room for it to increase the constency of getting Gardevoir GX out without needing supporters & searching specifically for the parts, but I'll see how I feel about that after I playtest.

I'll be slamming this updated list against Naganadel GX/Stakataka GX when I've got a little more free time.

I followed your suggestion and adjusted the list to make it less disruptive and more an attacking deck

****** Sylveon/Gardevoir ******

##Pokémon - 12

* 3 Eevee SUM 101
* 2 Sylveon-GX GRI 92
* 1 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60
* 1 Oranguru PR-SM SM13
* 3 Ralts BUS 91
* 2 Gardevoir-GX BUS 93

##Trainer Cards - 35

* 4 Cynthia UPR 119
* 4 Guzma BUS 115
* 4 Nest Ball SUM 123
* 4 Ultra Ball SLG 68
* 3 Choice Band GRI 121
* 1 Field Blower GRI 125
* 2 Switch SUM 132
* 3 Max Potion GRI 128
* 2 Pal Pad UPR 132
* 4 Judge FLI 108
* 2 Rare Candy SUM 129
* 1 Gladion CIN 95
* 1 Energy Recycler AOR 72

##Energy - 13

* 9 Fairy Energy BUS 169
* 4 Double Colorless Energy GRI 166

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by DeckBox ******

4 Judge seems pretty overkill to me, especially because you aren't running Zoroark GX.

Judge is somewhat of a tricky card IMO since it depends completely on timing and educated guesses. Judge is fantastic when you'll be using Magical Ribbon with Sylveon GX anyway, but it's not so hot when you're looking to attack for damage with Gardevoir GX and you're short a few energy in hand to do that.

Zoroark GX is very easy to set up with Magical Ribbon and Pokemon Fan Club/Nest Ball, and Zoroark GX also gives you draw power to draw out of your own Judges without needing to use your attack for the turn on Magical Ribbon to compensate.

I personally think Zoroark GX is a mandatory inclusion for Sylveon/Gardy, also partially to cover Steel weakness, but you are of course entitled to your own opinion. I'm just saying what's on my mind.

As you can see the deck has lots of ways to reduce the number of cards in hand, thus I relay on oranguru to not being overcome by judge effect, it would be a central card in my strategy

Back