XY Re-Remakes of Red/Green

It's too soon for DP remakes. 4th gen hasn't quite aged enough yet, the gameplay hasn't progressed far enough for the originals to feel outdated, and the originals are playable on the 3DS. Sinnoh remakes are probably not happening until the NX, Kanto re-remakes are more viable in the meantime.

Bolt the Cat said:
It's too soon for DP remakes. 4th gen hasn't quite aged enough yet, the gameplay hasn't progressed far enough for the originals to feel outdated, and the originals are playable on the 3DS. Sinnoh remakes are probably not happening until the NX, Kanto re-remakes are more viable in the meantime.

It's interesting that DP (2006) are already half a year older than RG (1996) were when FRLG (2004) came out though ;O

But I agree. As much as I love and want to return to Sinnoh (I'm tired of copy/paste remakes though..), right now we need closure for Kalos, with some kind of Kanto-game being inevitable, even then we'd probably get to gen 7 first (well, hopefully... new games should be the focus after all.. the rest was supposed to just be nostalgia filler games).

I hope they don't remake Red/Blue/Green. If they do I hope it won't be on the 3DS (or maybe even new 3DS.) It's very difficult to place a finger on it, but to use the current engine for those remakes too, it would become very stale. Although ORAS received largely positive reviews and was a great game in general. It wasn't perfect, no game is of course, but ORAS could have been more. I like to think of it like this, we've just received a Hoenn remake, I doubt they will make another remake based on Hoenn, this is as far as Hoenn goes and it wasn't perfect. So for this reason maybe it is best keeping the first generation in the past, behind locked doors until one day when a truly amazing remake could be made - far exceeding our expectations rather than just matching them.

Hmmm... A second remake of Kanto isn't a bad idea, as long as they update Johto, Sinnoh, and Unova as well. And regarding the latter, only Cilan, Chili, and Cress would keep their old clothes as they're also waiters for their restaurant (except maybe remove the curves at the back of Cilan's hair), and combine Black City and White Forest into one and call it, say Monochrome Town, for example; ie have the city as a battle corner, and the forest as the Unova Safari Zone.

Back on topic though, it can be used as a way to permanently remove the Game Corner from Celadon City of Kanto, Goldenrod City of Johto, and Veilstone City of Sinnoh. It'll just be a case of choosing a location for finding and catching wild Porygon though for Kanto. And as a special 20th Anniversary Edition, a trip to Kanto is not a bad idea. The question is: will it be Koga and Giovanni, or Janine and Blue, as the Gym Leaders of Fuschia City and Viridian City respectively?

Kangaflora said:
Hmmm... A second remake of Kanto isn't a bad idea, as long as they update Johto, Sinnoh, and Unova as well. And regarding the latter, only Cilan, Chili, and Cress would keep their old clothes as they're also waiters for their restaurant (except maybe remove the curves at the back of Cilan's hair), and combine Black City and White Forest into one and call it, say Monochrome Town, for example; ie have the city as a battle corner, and the forest as the Unova Safari Zone.

Back on topic though, it can be used as a way to permanently remove the Game Corner from Celadon City of Kanto, Goldenrod City of Johto, and Veilstone City of Sinnoh. It'll just be a case of choosing a location for finding and catching wild Porygon though for Kanto. And as a special 20th Anniversary Edition, a trip to Kanto is not a bad idea. The question is: will it be Koga and Giovanni, or Janine and Blue, as the Gym Leaders of Fuschia City and Viridian City respectively?

Why the need to remove the Game Corners? I remember that being an issue in European versions of the games, but not anywhere else, if I'm not mistaken.

Edit: after searching, I found out that it isn't present in ASOR (nor in Kalos!...), probably due to PEGI according to the source! That's lame, they could do like they did with HGSS and replace it only in the European version.

As for Porygon, it could be like Rotom, but coming out of one of Silph Co.'s pc in Saffron. It would be nice to go down to the basement for Rotom and up to some floor for Porygon.

For the gym leaders, they could be reaplced after the first E4 victory...but then we would also need to see the Pokémon Tower converted into Kanto's Radio Tower, the House of Memories being built, Cinnabar's volcano erupting and Kanto's Power Plant being reoccupied.

Leaf_Ranger said:
Why the need to remove the Game Corners? I remember that being an issue in European versions of the games, but not anywhere else, if I'm not mistaken.

Edit: after searching, I found out that it isn't present in ASOR (nor in Kalos!...), probably due to PEGI according to the source! That's lame, they could do like they did with HGSS and replace it only in the European version.

Probably because it's easier and cheaper to keep things consistent internationally.

Also note that the Game Corner was also replaced in the NA version of HGSS, the original Game Corner was only in the Japanese version of HGSS (probably because it was already finished by the time this controversy started and/or didn't have time to fix it).

As for what to do about the Game Corner, I wouldn't mind seeing Voltorb Flip again.

Kangaflora said:
It'll just be a case of choosing a location for finding and catching wild Porygon though for Kanto.

In my view that was a flaw to begin with anyway.

There could be a small quest involving the creation of Porygon for example... rather than it just being a really strange prize at the game corner. It's design screams "backstory pls".

Similar case with Mewtwo. Well at least we have mysterious hints about it, which was cool in its own way...but a Mewtwo episode would make even more sense than the Delta episode did. And as with Deoxys, we could get to catch Mew in it.

There is several other gen-I pokes that could have gotten more fitting encounters.

Moltres shows up in Victory Road (and then changed to Sevii islands for FRLG), but would have been cooler in Cinabars volcano... if there actually was one this time.

Then there is gifts like Lapras, and ingame-trade pokes like Jynx and Farfetch'd...who would make sense to actually be possible to encounter in their native region.... however the explanation for why they're available through trades might very well be that they're actually Johto native (Lapras from Union cave, Jynx from icy path, Farfetch'd from Ilex forest etc..). The Hitmon line has no "origin" though, even in Johto.

Now that the question of whether we'd get a Tyrogue instead of having to choose an evolution showed up, that reminds me.... what would the pokedex be like?

FRLG - identical 151, evolutions are automatically prevented for consistency
HGSS - 251+5, the pseudo-levelup-evos are added, while all that can be kept out are out (by keeping their items/locations out), not 100% consistent anymore
ORAS - 200+9, all evos added, regardless if they could have been kept out. What's more, mega evolutions are added on top of that, further shattering the consistency.

By that progress, they'd at the very least include ALL cross-gen evos regardless of method. Which is 32 pokemon added (wow, gen-I has come a long way). That's 183.
But if the region is getting an overhaul anyway, and Johto is part of it and fully accessible too, aaaaand considering how several gen-II pokemon were actually Kanto-native in Johto-based games... it would make perfect sense to immediately merge a big part if not all of the gen-II pokes into it (81+12 cross-gen evos). That gets us to 276.

I could imagine it starting with a main Kantodex of 190, then being expanded to 275 when you go to Johto in the postgame, with that expansion consisting mostly of pokes that have nothing to do in Kanto, and the Johto legendaries.

Also, naturally getting into the Tin Tower would require the 3 beasts, and for the first time ever, the Whirl islands would require the legendary birds.

...this got long.
I think I'm really starting to like this idea.

There were originally supposed to be 190 pokemon in Red and Green anyway (before they decided to take 40 out and save for a potential sequel), and Gold&Silver were trying to be direct sequels to Red&Green, rather than a standalone set of games.

So why not make THE definite core nostalgia Pokémon game, while making Johto a permanent Kanto-postgame (rather than the other way around).

001 Bulbasaur
002 Ivysaur
003 Venusaur
004 Charmander
005 Charmeleon
006 Charizard
007 Squirtle
008 Wartortle
009 Blastoise
010 Pidgey
011 Pidgeotto
012 Pidgeot
013 Rattata
014 Raticate
015 Sentret
016 Furret
017 Hoothoot
018 Noctowl
019 Spearow
020 Fearow
021 Caterpie
022 Metapod
023 Butterfree
024 Weedle
025 Kakuna
026 Beedrill
027 Ledyba
028 Ledian
029 Spinarak
030 Ariados
031 NidoranF
032 Nidorina
033 Nidoqueen
034 NidoranM
035 Nidorino
036 Nidoking
037 Pichu
038 Pikachu
039 Raichu
040 Igglybuff
041 Jigglypuff
042 Wigglytuff
043 Cleffa
044 Clefairy
045 Clefable
046 Zubat
047 Golbat
048 Crobat
049 Ekans
050 Arbok
051 Sandshrew
052 Sandslash
053 Geodude
054 Graveler
055 Golem
056 Paras
057 Parasect
058 Venonat
059 Venomoth
060 Oddish
061 Gloom
062 Vileplume
063 Bellossom
064 Bellsprout
065 Weepinbell
066 Victreebel
067 Sunkern
068 Sunflora
069 Abra
070 Kadabra
071 Alakazam
072 Drowzee
073 Hypno
074 Meowth
075 Persian
076 Vulpix
077 Ninetales
078 Growlithe
079 Arcanine
080 Houndour
081 Houndoom
082 Murkrow
083 Honchkrow
084 Doduo
085 Dodrio
086 Psyduck
087 Golduck
088 Poliwag
089 Poliwhirl
090 Poliwrath
091 Politoed
092 Magikarp
093 Gyarados
094 Goldeen
095 Seaking
096 Horsea
097 Seadra
098 Kingdra
099 Tentacool
100 Tentacruel
101 Chinchou
102 Lanturn
103 Staryu
104 Starmie
105 Shellder
106 Cloyster
107 Grimer
108 Muk
109 Diglett
110 Dugtrio
111 Onix
112 Steelix
113 Machop
114 Machoke
115 Machamp
116 Mankey
117 Primeape
118 Tyrogue
119 Hitmonlee
120 Hitmonchan
121 Hitmontop
122 Cubone
123 Marowak
124 Kangskhan
125 Gastly
126 Haunter
127 Gengar
128 Munchlax
129 Snorlax
130 Happiny
131 Chansey
132 Blissey
133 Exeggcute
134 Exeggutor
135 Tauros
136 Rhyhorn
137 Rhydon
138 Rhyperior
139 Scyther
140 Scizor
141 Pinsir
142 Heracross
143 Dratini
144 Dragonair
145 Dragonite
146 Krabby
147 Kingler
148 Omanyte
149 Omastar
150 Kabuto
151 Kabutops
152 Aerodactyl
153 Mime Jr.
154 Mr. Mime
155 Slowpoke
156 Slowbro
157 Slowking
158 Seel
159 Dewgong
160 Smoochum
161 Jynx
162 Articuno
163 Magnemite
164 Magneton
165 Magnezone
166 Voltorb
167 Electrode
168 Elekid
169 Electabuzz
170 Electivire
171 Zapdos
172 Koffing
173 Weezing
174 Slugma
175 Magcargo
176 Magby
177 Magmar
178 Magmortar
179 Moltres
180 Ditto
181 Mew
182 Mewtwo
-----------
183 Lugia
184 Chikorita
185 Bayleef
186 Meganium
187 Cyndaquil
188 Quilava
189 Typhlosion
190 Totodile
191 Croconaw
192 Feraligatr
193 Mareep
194 Flaaffy
195 Ampharos
196 Hoppip
197 Skiploom
198 Jumpluff
199 Wooper
200 Quagsire
201 Lapras
202 Aipom
203 Ambipom
204 Smeargle
205 Natu
206 Xatu
207 Unown
208 Farfetch'd
209 Pineco
210 Forretress
211 Yanma
212 Yanmega
213 Bonsly
214 Sudowoodo
215 Misdreavus
216 Mismagius
217 Eevee
218 Vaporeon
219 Jolteon
220 Flareon
221 Espeon
222 Umbreon
223 Leafeon
224 Glaceon
225 Sylveon
226 Togepi
227 Togetic
228 Togekiss
229 Azurill
230 Marill
231 Azumarill
232 Snubbull
233 Granbull
234 Miltank
235 Stantler
236 Girafarig
237 Lickitung
238 Lickilicky
239 Tangela
240 Tangrowth
241 Remoraid
242 Octillerty
243 Qwilfish
244 Mantyke
245 Mantine
246 Corsola
247 Shuckle
248 Swinub
249 Piloswine
250 Mamoswine
251 Sneasel
252 Weavile
253 Delibird
254 Wynaut
255 Wobbuffet
256 Dunsparce
257 Gligar
258 Gliscor
259 Skarmory
260 Teddiursa
261 Ursaring
262 Phanpy
263 Donphan
264 Ponyta
265 Rapidash
266 Larvitar
267 Pupitar
268 Tyranitar
269 Porygon
270 Porygon 2
271 Porygon-Z
272 Raikou
273 Entei
274 Suicune
275 Ho-oh
276 Celebi

Bolt the Cat said:
Leaf_Ranger said:

Probably because it's easier and cheaper to keep things consistent internationally.

Also note that the Game Corner was also replaced in the NA version of HGSS, the original Game Corner was only in the Japanese version of HGSS (probably because it was already finished by the time this controversy started and/or didn't have time to fix it).

As for what to do about the Game Corner, I wouldn't mind seeing Voltorb Flip again.

Oh yeah, I forgot that the USA also didn't get it in HGSS.
I don't think they would have that (financial) trouble in making two versions and after all the Japanese are the ones that get most "candies".
I didn't liked Voltorb Flip and would like instead to see the Game Corner again but somehow without losing money ( roulette with money to start playing and just winning coins or not) or the Pokéthlon brought back because I found it amusing!

scattered mind said:
The fact that we already have Mega gen 1 starters and Mega Mewtwo plus the fact that the legandary birds were included in XY with Mewtwo ( In a cave much like in RGY) while up until now we don't have any Mega or Primal Gen4 legandary makes me think we are more likely to see DP remake. Also think about it. What brings more money? A remake of a remake of a nostalgic game or Mega Arceus ?
As for the 20 year anniversary they could simply make Pokemon Red and Blue available in the Eshop.

I would prefer gen4 remake over gen1 reremake
A sequel would be better for both.

Not to mention a Primal Giratina anyone?:)

I don't want another remake, I think FR/LG are one of the better Pokemon games.

I know that they're probably going to remake them for the 20th anniversary, but please don't remove the Sevii Islands and their plot :( Those areas are by far my favorites in any Pokemon game!

xxashxx said:
scattered mind said:
The fact that we already have Mega gen 1 starters and Mega Mewtwo plus the fact that the legandary birds were included in XY with Mewtwo ( In a cave much like in RGY) while up until now we don't have any Mega or Primal Gen4 legandary makes me think we are more likely to see DP remake. Also think about it. What brings more money? A remake of a remake of a nostalgic game or Mega Arceus ?
As for the 20 year anniversary they could simply make Pokemon Red and Blue available in the Eshop.

I would prefer gen4 remake over gen1 reremake
A sequel would be better for both.

Not to mention a Primal Giratina anyone?:)

Sounds scary :] though I'm not sure they would make a primal/Mega Giratina since it already has 2 formes.

If they do that, I'd like to see a Yellow remake. First of all, it would be just 1 game instead of a pair. Second, if they want to keep all regions fresh, instead of doing remakes of remakes, why not remake the 3rd versions from now on instead of the original pair... I know they're incorporating elements of the 3rd version in the remakes (Crystal plot things in HGSS, Delta Episode in ORAS), but it would be a slightly different thing, I guess. Another reason why I think a Yellow remake would be cool is because Pokémon's 20th anniversary is coming, so remaking the game with the frachise's mascot on the cover is logical...

If they do that, I'd like to see a Yellow remake. First of all, it would be just 1 game instead of a pair. Second, if they want to keep all regions fresh, instead of doing remakes of remakes, why not remake the 3rd versions from now on instead of the original pair... I know they're incorporating elements of the 3rd version in the remakes (Crystal plot things in HGSS, Delta Episode in ORAS), but it would be a slightly different thing, I guess. Another reason why I think a Yellow remake would be cool is because Pokémon's 20th anniversary is coming, so remaking the game with the frachise's mascot on the cover is logical...

I don't think anime plot elements and a slightly different distribution is really enough to warrant a separate game. New games have much more than that nowadays, things like dex expansions, side features, new areas, and larger differences in plot have more of an impact.

The whole point of Yellow was to tie in the anime and video games... but the anime isn't in Kanto anymore, so it doesn't make any sense to have a remake of Yellow. If there were to be a remake of Yellow, it would have to be in spirit rather than in letter, and star Ash in Kalos (or whatever region is the current region in the generation of the remake). However, even with that, there are issues. After all, Ash did get a starter (Froakie) from Prof. Sycamore in addition to his Pikachu and the other starters are with his traveling companions. Also, Ash is still fighting against Jessie, James, and Meowth from Team Rocket with Team Flare not even making an appearance (except for Lysandre in the Mega Evolution specials). If anything, they've been making the anime more like the games, so making a game like the anime is kind of meaningless.

I'm all for Red/Green re-remakes (I say that as opposed to FR/LG remakes because I want the music to be based more off the originals than off of FR/LG- I can't put my finger on it, but I just think that FR/LG's music didn't really feel like Generation I's music, if that makes any sense). I've actually had more than my fair share of ideas for it, too, though I won't go into too much detail on them here (unless anyone wants me to). So I'll just post some general ideas I've had regarding them...

*I think they should be called Pokémon Inferno Red and Pokémon Forest Green. They sound like upgrades from FireRed and LeafGreen, don't they?

*The storyline would be, for the most part, unchanged. However, the Sevii Islands plot after Cinnabar Gym would be expanded to include all seven islands in one go, basically incorporating the post-game storyline right after the original storyline. You'd get the National Dex along with the Rainbow Pass.

*The Kanto Dex would be expanded to include all evolutions and pre-evolutions of Kanto Pokémon. Incenses would be sold at Celadon Dept. Store, same floor as evolution stones (expanded to include all newer ones). Breeding would be possible at the Route 5 Daycare Center as well as the one on Four Island. The Moss Rock would be in Viridian Forest, the Ice Rock would be in Seafoam Islands, and any Magneton or Nosepass leveled up in the Power Plant would attempt to evolve. Items like the Magmarizer and the like would be purchaseable for Battle Points.

*The Game Corner would still look the same, but the machines would allow you to play Voltorb Flip or some other non-gambling game, if that's what it takes to make people happy... *grumbles* Anyway, you'd still be able to buy coins, which, IMO, is where HG/SS went horribly wrong. Several usually late-game Pokémon, such as Koffing and Staryu, would be buyable at the prize center in place of TMs (the other Game Corner prize Pokémon would remain the same).

*The PWT would be on Two Island, and would take the place of its Game Corner. It will not open up until you rescue Lostelle. You gain Battle Points for winning, and Heart Scales if you lose (the move maniac goes back to taking Heart Scales instead of Tiny/Big Mushrooms). It also has shops where you can exchange Battle Points for evolution items, EV training items, Ability Capsules, hold items, and the services of the various move tutors.

*Jessie and James would appear throughout the storyline and engage you in double battles every time. Jessie's team would eventually be Arbok and Lickitung, James's would be Weezing and Victreebel. After their Pokémon are defeated, Meowth jumps in to battle as well.

*Moltres would return to Victory Road. Articuno and Zapdos retain their original locations.

*After beating the game, you gain access to Johto. This is three years prior to HG/SS/Generation II, so there'll be some differences. The Radio Tower would still be under construction (so no radio in this game), Jasmine would still specialize in Rock-types, and no Pokéathlon yet. Kurt still makes Apricorn Poké Balls, and the Bug-Catching Contest still happens.

*After beating Johto's Gyms, you gain access to the Orange Islands. Once you beat all of the Orange Islands' Gyms, you can battle Drake, whose Pokémon have levels in the high 90s, his Dragonite being level 100. He's basically the final boss of the whole game.

*Raikou, Entei, and Suicune can be awakened in the Burned Tower, and will start roaming once awakened. Raikou roams Kanto, Entei roams Johto, and Suicune roams the Sevii and Orange Islands.

*Lugia can be found in the basement of Whirl Islands (whirlpools cannot be crossed, but none of them block your path, so there's no Whirlpool HM), but only if you have Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres in your party. Ho-Oh can be found at the peak of Mt. Ember, but only if you have Raikou, Entei, and Suicune in your party.

*If beaten in battle in Kanto, Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres respawn at their respective islands in the Orange Islands where they can be rebattled.

*The Safari Zone would implement a points system, giving you points for each catch, with the amount varying based on rarity- a Nidoran would net you one, maybe two points, whereas a Chansey's worth 25-30 points easily. Shinies are worth double their usual point value. You also gain some Safari Points along with the HM03 when you find the Secret House. You can use your Safari Points to buy special privileges, such as getting more Safari Balls upon entering, discounts on the entrance fee, more steps, improved catch rates, even new areas once you get the National Dex, containing Pokémon from subsequent generations. You can also buy a pass allowing you to buy items at a Safari Zone souvenir stand, including Safari Balls for use outside the Safari Zone.

*Bringing a Mew to Vermilion Harbor would allow you to re-enter the area where the S.S. Anne docked. If you use Strength on the truck, you will find a TM containing Truck Room, a move that makes large trucks drive in circles around the battle for 5 turns, with various effects on the Pokémon in battle. Only Mew can learn it, and knowing Truck Room is the requirement for Mew to Mega Evolve. Its Ability, Origenetics, works like Protean, but with added benefits that work with Truck Room (immunity to its detrimental effects, and extends the duration if used while having the Ability).

*After getting the National Dex, a new area opens up in Mt. Moon, allowing you to get to the peak of the mountain. Going there on a Monday night will cause a wild Cresselia to appear. Bringing Cresselia to Rock Tunnel at night will open up a new area containing Darkrai.

*Various NPCs will reference Missingno. A sailor on Cinnabar Island will tell you about his encounter with a "huge, L-shaped creature" while at sea, and how it somehow multiplied an item he had. He then gives you a Rare Candy, stating that even after twenty years, he still has too many of them.

*The Saffron City gatekeepers go back to accepting Fresh Water, Soda Pop, and Lemonade (and also Moo-Moo Milk), but only the east and west guards will actually take them, to prevent early access to Saffron.

...OK, that was a lot of general ideas, but I still left out quite a bit of detail.

Honestly, I'd love a full Kanto remake
Or at least, a new game altogether set 20 years later with Team Rocket coming back, and the games come free with FR or LG downloads depending on the version
It could add way more backstory like Mewtwo, and Johto afterwards, but with the full Johto league and different stories so it's like a reverse HGSS, not a remake or FRLG or HGSS, but also eradicates the need for either remakes.
I have a few ideas for PokéDex and gym leaders

Bulbasaur
Ivysaur
Venusaur
Charmander
Charmeleon
Charizard
Squirtle
Wartortle
Blastoise
Caterpie
Metapod
Butterfree
Weedle
Kakuna
Beedrill
Pidgey
Pidgeotto
Pidgeot
Rattata
Raticate
Spearow
Fearow
Pichu
Pikachu
Raichu (+Mega)
Sandshrew
Sandslash
Nidoran(F)
Nidorina
Nidoqueen
Nidoran(M)
Nidorino
Nidoking
Cleffa
Clefairy
Clefable
Vulpix
Ninetales
Jigglypuff
Wigglytuff
Zubat
Golbat
Crobat
Oddish
Gloom
Vileplume
Bellossom
Paras
Parasect
Venonat
Venomoth
Diglett
Dugtrio
Meowth
Persian
Psyduck
Golduck
Mankey
Primeape
Growlithe
Arcanine (+Mega)
Poliwag
Poliwhirl
Poliwrath
Politoed
Abra
Kadabra
Alakazam
Machop
Machoke
Machamp
Bellsprout
Weepinbell
Victreebel
Tentacool
Tentacruel
Geodude
Graveler
Golem
Ponyta
Rapidash (+Mega, mega stone given by the fan club chairman)
Slowpoke
Slowbro
Slowking
Magnemite
Magneton
Magnezone
Farfetch'd
Doduo
Dodrio
Seel
Dewgong
Grimer
Muk
Shellder
Cloyster
Gastly
Haunter
Gengar
Onix
Steelix
Drowzee
Hypno
Krabby
Kingler
Voltorb
Electrode
Exeggcute
Exeggutor
Cubone
Marowak
Tyrogue
Hitmonlee
Hitmonchan
Hitmontop
Lickitung
Lickilicky
Koffing
Weezing
Rhyhorn
Rhydon
Rhyperior
Happiny

Chansey
Blissey
Tangela
Tangrowth
Kangaskhan
Horsea
Seadra
Kingdra
Goldeen
Seaking
Staryu
Starmie
Mime. Jr
Mr. Mime
Scyther
Scizor
Smoochum

Jynx
Riolu
Lucario
Elekid

Electabuzz
Electivire
Magby

Magmar
Magmortar
Heracross

Pinsir
Miltank
Tauros
Bouffalant
Magikarp
Gyarados
Lapras
Pancham
Pangoro
Munna
Musharna
Azurill
Marill
Azumarill
Tropius
Aipom
Ambipom
Swablu
Altaria
Clauncher
Clawitzer
Skrelp
Dragalge
Goomy
Sliggoo
Goodra
Foongus
Amoongus
Audino
Skiddo
Gogoat

Ditto
Eevee
Vaporeon
Jolteon
Flareon
Umbreon
Espeon
Glaceon
Leafeon
Sylveon

Porygon
Porygon 2
Porygon Z

Omanyte
Omastar
Kabuto
Kabutops
Aerodactyl
Munchlax
Snorlax

Fletchling
Fletchinder
Talonflame
Durant
Heatmor
Rufflet
Braviary
Vullaby
Mandibuzz
Skarmory
Blitzle
Zebstrika
Slugma
Magcargo
Inkay
Malamar
Flabébé
Floette
Florges
Carvanha
Sharpedo
Hoothoot
Noctowl
Togepi
Togetic
Togekiss
Noibat
Noivern

Articuno
Zapdos
Moltres
Ho-Oh
Lugia

Dratini
Dragonair
Dragonite (+Mega)
Mewtwo
Mew

The new Pokémon other than the evolutions were just based on the idea of the Safari Zone being where exotic Pokémon are kept and
based on the Sevii Islands.
Leaders could be kids or siblings of the previous gym leaders, or just new people, maybe even have some original leaders age

I don't like the idea of having Kanto and Johto smooshed together in the same game, that limits how much content they can include and they won't feel like fully fleshed out regions (they'll feel more like two half regions). This already led to also sorts of design problems in GSCHGSS. I think it's better if they develop separately in different games.

Hm.... Time for my thoughts!

- BEFORE ANYONE READS THIS AND IS LIKE: "HOW IS THIS A REMAKE?! THIS IS NOTHING LIKE WHAT A REMAKE SHOULD BE AND THIS IDEA IS STUPID!", Seeing as Red and Green have remakes already, I'd love for these games to be the half-step between remakes and sequels, so somewhere in between FRLG and BW2. For any Genwunners reading this, you have been warned.

-I think they should be called Pokémon Blaze Red and Ocean Blue. Or, for green, Pokémon Forest Green.

-The story should reflect the minimalist story of R/G/B/FR/LG. So basically, it should be about the journey, not the evil team doing bad stuff/destroying the world/"Liberating Pokémon", but with a bit more emphasis on team rocket.

-I wouldn't mind if they used the character design from adventures, they look awesome!
th-4.jpg .th-3.jpgth-7.jpg

- Pokédex should only be updated to include Baby Pokémon [Pichu, Elekid, etc.] or evolved forms [Porygon2, Electivire, etc.]

- The story is set somewhat in the future, exactly 20 years after the original R/G/B.

- For Gym leaders, here's my idea:

-Brock
-Misty
-Lt. Surge
- Eliane [Erika's Daughter]
- Analox [Sabrina's Nephew]
-Janine [Koga's Daughter, already introduced in GSC/HGSS]
-Ashley [Blaine's Granddaughter]
-Ethan [Silver's son, Giovanni's Grandson]

- Where are the other 5 Gym leaders from gen 1?
- Erika: Tending to the Celadon meadow [A new place, more detail later]
-Sabrina: At Pokéstar Studios
-Koga: In the Jhoto Pokémon league [More detail later]
-Blaine: Lives in Pallet town.
-Giovanni: Too busy with leading team rocket too be a gym leader, delegated role onto his Grandson.

Major region changes:
th-9.jpg
- New area called "Celadon meadow" is to the north of celadon city. In it is Erika's house, where you can battle her after clearing the indigo plateau for the first time. Before that, Elaine will not let you through, citing the grass Pokémon in there to be very delicate.

You can find different Pokémon not native to Kanto like Budew, Petilil, Cottonee, Flabébé, Wurmple, and even Minccino and Buneary!

To the direct east of the Celadon meadow, and inaccessable until you beat Erika, is Shade forest. Shade forest is split into 6 different areas, and in each area, you can find a specific set of Pokémon from each generation.

List:
Kanto:
Eevee
Spearow
Clefairy
Pinsir
Pidgeotto

Johto:
Togepi
hoothoot
Pichu
Heracross
Houndoom
Skarmory

Hoenn:
Ralts
Roselia
Swellow
Delcatty
Mawile
Bagon

Sinnoh:
Sneasel
Bibarel
Staravia
Mime jr.
Shinx
Glameow

Unova:
Petilil
Rufflet [Red version only]
Vullaby [Blue/Green version only]
Zorua
Vanillite
Swadloon

Kalos:
Skiddo
Helioptile
Fletchinder
Pancham
Flabébé
Bergmite

To the north is a long path, which leads to Mt. Moon summit. On the first time you reach the end of the path, Elaine runs up to you from behind and tells you that there is an exceptionally powerful man living on the top of this mountain. That man turns out to be red. Red uses his team from HGSS, except with a mega stone depending on what starter you chose.

Bulbasaur: Venusaurite
Charizard: Charizardite Y
Squirtle: Blastoisinite

After defeating him, red gives you a mega stone, which is the one he just used. Red then leaves, claiming to go see a new region where his old rival blue went, and challenge him to a battle.

- Indigo plateau and route 27 were moved to north of Pewter city, due to a landslide that cut the original indigo plateau off from Kanto.

-E4 and champion:
Loreli: Ice
Bruno: Fighting
New trainer to replace Agatha: Ghost
Lance: Dragon
And of course, your rival as champion.

Just a disclaimer: the story is set 20 years in the future. This story makes a lot of points to 20 years ago, or specifically when R/G first released.

Also, all names will be going off of Red version, so, yeah.

The story:

The story begins with you, [the player] waking up. Your mom, comes in, exclaiming that it's your tenth birthday and you are now allowed to go on a Pokémon journey. She says today is extra-special because you get to start your journey on the same day that the legendary trainer red did 20 years ago! As you leave the house, Blue walks up to you and says he's going to be a much better Pokémon trainer than you, and he's going to defeat the indigo plateau and maybe even the legendary trainer from 20 years ago, and says he's not going to give you a town map, too. Then, Green comes up and says she'll give you a town map later, but that the three of you have to go get a Pokémon. You and Green go to Professor Oak's house.

[I'll consult the mods' permission to see if I could post the rest of this on the ruins of alph.]

New mega evolutions:
Starmie
Raichu [Raichu needs some love]
Vileplume
Bellossom
Slowking
Venomoth
Butterfree
Dragonite
Arcanine
Rhyperior
Mew
Articuno
Zapdos
Moltres

And that's really about it for my ideas for red and blue! I'd like to touch on yellow. I'd hope it was more in the spirit of yellow then the letter, but followed the Yellow series of adventures.

th-5.jpg

Hurray for legthy ideas! I'd hope it was like this, because, well, 20 years have passed, so the "Similar, but different" theme is something I'd like to see explored.

I dont know how I feel about another set of RB/G remakes. Part of me really wants to explore Kanto in its full 3D form on the new 3DS, but another part of me feels like its.... extremely redundant. I apparently wasnt as thrilled to play ORAS as I initially felt I was going to be before I played the game. I was very hyped for the game at the time of release, but the entire time I was playing it, it just felt like it dragged on, and I had that "deja vu" feeling. Even with all of the changes and added story they did. I played the game for months because it was mostly just off and on, picking it up and putting it back down. It just felt like Ive done this before, and it wasnt a new exciting experience. I think they payed enough homage to the Kanto region with generation 6, gen 1 starters are getting quite the fanservice this and last year.

Do I think DP deserve a remake more than FRLG? I cant fully answer that. In technical aspect, no, FRLG could use it more because of all the updates we've received since then, like you stated. But in terms of "whos next in line?", I think DP deserves it. BUT, at the same time, its been a lot longer since Ive played RB/FRLG than its been since Ive played DP. Im undecided on which I would rather play more, since its almost fact that at least one of them will be coming whether we like it or not.
We have to understand too, remakes are there for two reasons. One, the cashcow effect, for sure. They know old fans will be buying the game. Two, so new fans could experience the old stuff. Its a great way to get new fans into the series, especially since most new fans would be completely unable to play the original games since older systems and games are obsolete and hard to find. To Nintendo, anything behind 2011 doesnt exist anymore.

Personally, im more of a fan of the Yellow remake theory. Its something they haven't done yet, it would be made into a single game instead of two, and there are so many things they could do with Pikachu as your companion to make it comparable to an actual competitive Pokemon. I also like the thought on expanding Kanto to Johto in these games to avoid the need for ANOTHER re-remake, but mostly, to keep things different and interesting. I also really like the idea of it being a prequel, since GSC are already sequels, and the legendary birds getting Mega'd.

Would you prefer revisiting Kanto before any other next remakes? Eeeehhhhhh. Not really. Kanto has had its spotlight on more than one occasion.
If there was a new Kanto game, would you prefer if it was a remake or a sequel? Prequel. Or Sequel. But there would be a lot of loopholes if it was a sequel, because of GSC (they specifically say in-game story it was 2 years after the events of RB)

Last edited:
Hm.... Time for my thoughts!

- BEFORE ANYONE READS THIS AND IS LIKE: "HOW IS THIS A REMAKE?! THIS IS NOTHING LIKE WHAT A REMAKE SHOULD BE AND THIS IDEA IS STUPID!", Seeing as Red and Green have remakes already, I'd love for these games to be the half-step between remakes and sequels, so somewhere in between FRLG and BW2. For any Genwunners reading this, you have been warned.

-I think they should be called Pokémon Blaze Red and Ocean Blue. Or, for green, Pokémon Forest Green.

-The story should reflect the minimalist story of R/G/B/FR/LG. So basically, it should be about the journey, not the evil team doing bad stuff/destroying the world/"Liberating Pokémon", but with a bit more emphasis on team rocket.

-I wouldn't mind if they used the character design from adventures, they look awesome!
View attachment 7954 .View attachment 7953View attachment 7956

- Pokédex should only be updated to include Baby Pokémon [Pichu, Elekid, etc.] or evolved forms [Porygon2, Electivire, etc.]

- The story is set somewhat in the future, exactly 20 years after the original R/G/B.

- For Gym leaders, here's my idea:

-Brock
-Misty
-Lt. Surge
- Eliane [Erika's Daughter]
- Analox [Sabrina's Nephew]
-Janine [Koga's Daughter, already introduced in GSC/HGSS]
-Ashley [Blaine's Granddaughter]
-Ethan [Silver's son, Giovanni's Grandson]

- Where are the other 5 Gym leaders from gen 1?
- Erika: Tending to the Celadon meadow [A new place, more detail later]
-Sabrina: At Pokéstar Studios
-Koga: In the Jhoto Pokémon league [More detail later]
-Blaine: Lives in Pallet town.
-Giovanni: Too busy with leading team rocket too be a gym leader, delegated role onto his Grandson.

Major region changes:
View attachment 7960
- New area called "Celadon meadow" is to the north of celadon city. In it is Erika's house, where you can battle her after clearing the indigo plateau for the first time. Before that, Elaine will not let you through, citing the grass Pokémon in there to be very delicate.

You can find different Pokémon not native to Kanto like Budew, Petilil, Cottonee, Flabébé, Wurmple, and even Minccino and Buneary!

To the direct east of the Celadon meadow, and inaccessable until you beat Erika, is Shade forest. Shade forest is split into 6 different areas, and in each area, you can find a specific set of Pokémon from each generation.

List:
Kanto:
Eevee
Spearow
Clefairy
Pinsir
Pidgeotto

Johto:
Togepi
hoothoot
Pichu
Heracross
Houndoom
Skarmory

Hoenn:
Ralts
Roselia
Swellow
Delcatty
Mawile
Bagon

Sinnoh:
Sneasel
Bibarel
Staravia
Mime jr.
Shinx
Glameow

Unova:
Petilil
Rufflet [Red version only]
Vullaby [Blue/Green version only]
Zorua
Vanillite
Swadloon

Kalos:
Skiddo
Helioptile
Fletchinder
Pancham
Flabébé
Bergmite

To the north is a long path, which leads to Mt. Moon summit. On the first time you reach the end of the path, Elaine runs up to you from behind and tells you that there is an exceptionally powerful man living on the top of this mountain. That man turns out to be red. Red uses his team from HGSS, except with a mega stone depending on what starter you chose.

Bulbasaur: Venusaurite
Charizard: Charizardite Y
Squirtle: Blastoisinite

After defeating him, red gives you a mega stone, which is the one he just used. Red then leaves, claiming to go see a new region where his old rival blue went, and challenge him to a battle.

- Indigo plateau and route 27 were moved to north of Pewter city, due to a landslide that cut the original indigo plateau off from Kanto.

-E4 and champion:
Loreli: Ice
Bruno: Fighting
New trainer to replace Agatha: Ghost
Lance: Dragon
And of course, your rival as champion.

Just a disclaimer: the story is set 20 years in the future. This story makes a lot of points to 20 years ago, or specifically when R/G first released.

Also, all names will be going off of Red version, so, yeah.

The story:

The story begins with you, [the player] waking up. Your mom, comes in, exclaiming that it's your tenth birthday and you are now allowed to go on a Pokémon journey. She says today is extra-special because you get to start your journey on the same day that the legendary trainer red did 20 years ago! As you leave the house, Blue walks up to you and says he's going to be a much better Pokémon trainer than you, and he's going to defeat the indigo plateau and maybe even the legendary trainer from 20 years ago, and says he's not going to give you a town map, too. Then, Green comes up and says she'll give you a town map later, but that the three of you have to go get a Pokémon. You and Green go to Professor Oak's house.

[I'll consult the mods' permission to see if I could post the rest of this on the ruins of alph.]

New mega evolutions:
Starmie
Raichu [Raichu needs some love]
Vileplume
Bellossom
Slowking
Venomoth
Butterfree
Dragonite
Arcanine
Rhyperior
Mew
Articuno
Zapdos
Moltres

And that's really about it for my ideas for red and blue! I'd like to touch on yellow. I'd hope it was more in the spirit of yellow then the letter, but followed the Yellow series of adventures.

View attachment 7961

Hurray for legthy ideas! I'd hope it was like this, because, well, 20 years have passed, so the "Similar, but different" theme is something I'd like to see explored.

If Erika has an update, count me in! :D

Back