• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Rayquaza Donk Deck???

MountainDrew

Wishes Mega Umbreon would exist
Hi me and friend came from league yesterday and were discussing deck ideas and he said about this and I was like thats a great idea so heres the decklist.
Pokemon (4)
4-Rayquaza EX
T/S/S (4)
4-Super Rod
Energy (52)
26- Lightning
26-Fire
Strategy is to use Celestrial Roar turn 1 to get A LOT of energy on Rayquaza to be hitting for 120,180,possibly 240 damage turn 2 to get the donk. I just have super rod to get back Rayquaza that I discarded and get the deck with energy. Im not sure if this is gonna be a competative deck, but If you guys have any advice plz comment>:p

RE: Rayquaza Donk Deck??

Why not use Revives for the Rayquaza's, Super Rods for the energies :p
Fun deck, doubt it will be that competitive but you never know.

If this becomes competitive, which it could, it would be a more troll deck then Troll is. This is why Rayquaza EX is great at prereleases.

Chances are, you are NOT going to be donking, so I'd ad Catchers, 4 of them, and drop one of the energy counts down. This allows you to have a very high amount of energy and be able to take out EXs and other bench sitters.

Tested. Crazy fun. I added 4 ultraball, i want at least 2 rayquaza on field. Taken 4 rods out in favour of 4 revive.

Koga7737 said:
Why not use Revives for the Rayquaza's, Super Rods for the energies :p
Fun deck, doubt it will be that competitive but you never know.
Now that I think of it I might just drop Super Rod for Revive

niccoide199cq said:
Tested. Crazy fun. I added 4 ultraball, i want at least 2 rayquaza on field. Taken 4 rods out in favour of 4 revive.
Im gonna take the rods out for revives

RogueChomp said:
If this becomes competitive, which it could, it would be a more troll deck then Troll is. This is why Rayquaza EX is great at prereleases.

Chances are, you are NOT going to be donking, so I'd ad Catchers, 4 of them, and drop one of the energy counts down. This allows you to have a very high amount of energy and be able to take out EXs and other bench sitters.
You make a good point Ill have to find room for catchers

I was using this deck today on playtcg and I beat a Raikou eelz and a Darkrai Variant im starting to think this is a legit deck

this deck is awsome i will add for my variant mabey eviolite and catcher

this deck is awsome

| |

\___/

yeah im gonna buy some rays off the internet i need 3 more

the only 1 prob is a lot and lot of mulls but with all energy and few trainer they're gona think whats going on here

| |
\___/

This is more like a prerelease deck to be honest.

It autolosses to any deck that has Sigyliph DE. Garchomp/Altaria once set-up will easily beat your current build. Ninetails/Amoongus will also have an advantage over this deck (Vulpix burn combined with Amoongus poison + confusion = 170 damage by Ninetails).

superpokemon321 said:
the only 1 prob is a lot and lot of mulls but with all energy and few trainer they're gona think whats going on here

| |
\___/
Yeah there like I have no clue what ur playing. They will think ur playing unlimited cuz of mewrhyperior

RobertBenjamin said:
This is more like a prerelease deck to be honest.

It autolosses to any deck that has Sigyliph DE. Garchomp/Altaria once set-up will easily beat your current build. Ninetails/Amoongus will also have an advantage over this deck (Vulpix burn combined with Amoongus poison + confusion = 170 damage by Ninetails).
Not many decks will run Sigilyph and Garchomp Altaria destroys every deck so yeah and Ninetails isnt that popular so I think ill just play this at battle roads and not a Major tourney like Regionals

Run 1 Regular Rayquaza. No more autoloss to Sigilyph and you can really donk. Drop a Rayquaza EX for it.

I saw another Thread very similar to this, and I actually do believe this is a competitive deck. While it could donk, I think it's much better trying to survive a couple of turns. With that, I'd probably make these changes:

+ 4 Max Potion
+ 3 Skyarrow Bridge
+ 4 Pokemon Catcher
+ 4 Eviolite

As for what to take out, I'm not really entirely sure and you've already touched on Revives. Probably just lower the Energy count or something.

RogueChomp said:
Run 1 Regular Rayquaza. No more autoloss to Sigilyph and you can really donk. Drop a Rayquaza EX for it.
The problem is I dont have $100 in my pocket to spend on a piece of paper so Ill probaply have to get a good trade for it so if I get ill put it in this deck

PokéCastXVll said:
I saw another Thread very similar to this, and I actually do believe this is a competitive deck. While it could donk, I think it's much better trying to survive a couple of turns. With that, I'd probably make these changes:

+ 4 Max Potion
+ 3 Skyarrow Bridge
+ 4 Pokemon Catcher
+ 4 Eviolite

As for what to take out, I'm not really entirely sure and you've already touched on Revives. Probably just lower the Energy count or something.
Why Skyarrow Bridge his retreat is only 1 but everything else I agree with Thanks :)

Siglyph will definitely see play. I would recommend a list more like :

4 rayquaza ex
3 terrakion

Pokémon : 7

2 skyarrow bridge
3 energy switch
4 catcher
4 N
4 pokedex

Tss: 17

4 blend energy ( lighting, fighting, etc)
4 lighting
4 fighting
14 fire

Energy :26

Since you're usually going to give up 2 prizes per KO, there is minimal reason for revives. The terrakion give you more pokémon. And you can either let it meatwall if it gets catchered, or just attack with it. Also, N does nice things for you if you're struggling in the prize race.

Blend Energy makes it like having 8 fighting or 8 lightning (but prism would be a bad idea here) While keeping 4 basic fighting and energy switch helps vs hammertime. Darkrai EX, siglyph, and boufalant are all dealt with terrakion. Everything else gets dealt with rayquaza.

Pokedex helps with rayquaza turn 1,to hopefully prevent milling trainers or pokémon. Catcher is, well, catcher.. No downside to that.

You might want to drop skyarrow bridge for 2 switch, or do a 1/1 split. Or 1 skyarrow, 2 switch, and 2 energy switch. That portion is highly situational, but each has its own merits

CarlosDuranJr said:
Siglyph will definitely see play. I would recommend a list more like :

4 rayquaza ex
3 terrakion

Pokémon : 7

2 skyarrow bridge
3 energy switch
4 catcher
4 N
4 pokedex

Tss: 17

4 blend energy ( lighting, fighting, etc)
4 lighting
4 fighting
14 fire

Energy :26

Since you're usually going to give up 2 prizes per KO, there is minimal reason for revives. The terrakion give you more pokémon. And you can either let it meatwall if it gets catchered, or just attack with it. Also, N does nice things for you if you're struggling in the prize race.

Blend Energy makes it like having 8 fighting or 8 lightning (but prism would be a bad idea here) While keeping 4 basic fighting and energy switch helps vs hammertime. Darkrai EX, siglyph, and boufalant are all dealt with terrakion. Everything else gets dealt with rayquaza.

Pokedex helps with rayquaza turn 1,to hopefully prevent milling trainers or pokémon. Catcher is, well, catcher.. No downside to that.

You might want to drop skyarrow bridge for 2 switch, or do a 1/1 split. Or 1 skyarrow, 2 switch, and 2 energy switch. That portion is highly situational, but each has its own merits
Thanks for the Idea I might go off of your list for now Thanks so much but since I have 10 free spaces what do u think I should put there.

Lol, guess the count was off. I'm tired =)

Umm.. 2 energy search, 3 switch, 2 tool scrapper, 3 potion or eviolite.

lol we all have those days when we cant count lol and what is ur opinion of Exp Share with Terrakion

Dweaver said:
Why Skyarrow Bridge his retreat is only 1 but everything else I agree with Thanks :)

Why not Skyarrow Bridge? Having free retreat all across the board would benefit you tremendously paired with Max Potion. Have to say though, I'm not a fan of Terrakion with Raquaza. Adding in {F} is messing with the consistency a little for my liking, especially given the fact you could unintentionally discard it. I personally would go with something that fits the energy you're playing such as normal Rayquaza or perhaps Zekrom.

PokéCastXVll said:
Why not Skyarrow Bridge? Having free retreat all across the board would benefit you tremendously paired with Max Potion. Have to say though, I'm not a fan of Terrakion with Raquaza. Adding in {F} is messing with the consistency a little for my liking, especially given the fact you could unintentionally discard it. I personally would go with something that fits the energy you're playing such as normal Rayquaza or perhaps Zekrom.
Yeah but cant I just retreat and then use Max Potion and Im not sure who pairs well with Rayquaza I like both Zekrom and Terrakion but im only gonna use one

Back