[Project]Spriting Icon Game(SIG) - Turn your sprites into cards! (Fallen Glory, coming soon-ish!)

What do you think of my idea?=9

• Keep up the good work! This idea's one of a kind!

Votes: 21 70.0%
  • It's okay...

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Why waste your time on such a mundane thing?

Votes: 3 10.0%

• Total voters

Palmer

Innovative Roleplayer
sigbannerhj3.png

Welcome to SIG, a new game in the form of cards! This is led by me, Palmer. The basic concept is simple, make a sprite, turn it into a card, and battle! Even if you can't sprite, you can join us.
Below are most of the things you need to know to play!
------------------------------

-------------------------------
Sets:
1st: Eternal Legacy
2nd:Mortal Enemies
3rd:Shattered Silence
4th:Rising Justice

Battle Now!
Forum

Specials:
SIG Userbar ( Use this and put it in your signature to help us grow :D )

Card Guide/Stencil:
newstencilrx6.png

-----------------------------
Abilities:
SIGabilities-1.png

-----------------------------
People involved: (As of April. 17 2008)
Leader:
Palmer
Co-Leaders:
~Aura~
Riskbreakers
Boracay_Jason

Members:
Bulbasaur45
peterabb
Charizard88
abaxter94
sneaselflygon
Rocketmember77
Achmetha
pokemole
RavenFire
Lucario-Master
Kendo
pokemole
Sneaselflygon
blackness777
Kroko_Boy
Raintop
The_Conspirator
MK930
riskbreakers
Achmetha
Dannyboy

and many more...
---------------------------
General Gameplay Rules:
The vertical bar to the left is the health bar. The health marker begins at the top square, marking full HP. The numbers on the health bar show how much more damage it can do when the health marker is at that point on the HP bar. If a number is on the top square for example, you can do additional damage at the beginning of the battle. When the health marker goes beyond the red square, you're knocked out. The 6 square horizontal bar at the bottom right is the attack bar. To attack, roll a die or use a random number generator to get a number from 1 to 6. If you get 2 for example, you use the second square in the attack bar as your attack. For the attack, if you got a number "3" in a red background for example, this would mean that you are dealing 3 bars of fire type damage. The "+" and "-" on the lower right side symbolize your weakness and resistance. If it's a blue "+4" for example, that would mean that you take 4 more bars of damage from water type attacks, and a green "-4" would reduce 4 bars of damage from grass type attacks done to you. Some cards have "N" as their resistance, meaning that type doesn't do any damage to them at all. If you encounter a card with a white number block on the upper right of the card, that's the amount of damage it can reduce from attacks, sort of like a defensive count. If you see a crosshair(green circle with a cross) on the upper right of a card, it means that it can choose to attack your other pokemon instead of your current one. Easy enough?=F
More Rules
Card examples:
Common:
scofflepl0.png
chirlonem1.png

Semi-Holos:
sigvegantilterranrzi0.gif
charphlozinapelvul7.gif

Holos:
sigknightingaleecbf1.gif
canablastetcv3.gif

Ultra Rare:
empravoiranido4.gif
infernastanifq5.gif

Limited Stock/Special Event Cards:
sunarkeqoec1.gif

Omega:
sunarkeomegafinal.png
poofdraomega-4.png

RE: Spriting Icon Game(SIG) - Calling all spriters!

ReflectiveSplice.png

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s77/Abaxter94/ReflectiveSplice.png

I'd like to enter this in your contest. If you like, I can copy and paste one of your models and make one for this guy. It's name is Megadilachi.
He is a Metal/Grass type Pokemon. It's very weak to Fire, but very Resistant to Water. It's not very fast, but what it lacks in speed, it makes up for with Longrange attacks, and powerfull close ranges attacks.
It is bulky and has a lot of defense, so I guess It would have high health. It's attack Meter could look like this:
3 2 2 5 0 1
Note: Black = Metal Type Move. He could get 1 extra damage done when he has full health.

If you want, I can start working on this. If you want to make it, then that is fine as well.

RE: Spriting Icon Game(SIG) - Calling all spriters!

This isn't a contest yet, it's still an insight thread, to see what people think about it. Can you give it a background first before giving it to me?:D

Edit: Ah, you can do it yourself? Great then! I approve the stats since they aren't broken or anything.

RE: Spriting Icon Game(SIG) - Calling all spriters!(Turn your sprites into cards!)

descat.png

I present to thee.... Descat! It's a normal/electric type that lives in caves. It uses the the glowing ball on it's head to lead lost spelunkers out of caves. Miners use it's powerful electric attacks to rid minning shafts of Zubat, Golbat and Crobat. It's main weakness is fighting types so it tries to avoid and Makuhita or other cave dwelling fighting types. It can hold it's own in battle with it's amazing speed and powerful physical attacks (like Thunder Fang) and Special Attacks (likes Shock Wave). When trained well enough it has the ability to learn Volt Tackle.

Sadly I can't make the stats because it's being blocked on my computer. Is there another site to get the random numbers from?

RE: Spriting Icon Game(SIG) - Calling all spriters!(Turn your sprites into cards!)

Creativity FTW!:p I like, I like, looks pretty. The problem is, your background is too small for the cards. Why is it being blocked by the pc? You can make stats by posting them then I'll approve.

This is another site, haven't tried it though: http://www.mdani.demon.co.uk/para/random.htm

goldrakeccardhx8.png

It hits quite hard, but its weakness pretty much means a OHKO if it is attacked by Water, to balance it out. The grey in its attack bar is Dragon type.

Gray for you information means steel type, we limit our type combinations to the TCG. Mind changing it?:D Other than that, it's good.

Edit: Here's your new Goldrake:
siggoldrakeph5.png

I put Descat with a different background. I hope this one will do. Feel free to crop it if need be.

descat20.png

Your Descat has now been made a holo, and is in the first post. Only the first 10 cards will be made holographic.

Cool! That's exactly what I thought about it. Really high attack. I have a new one. It's call Drifcrab. It lives deep underwater and uses it's claws to capture small fish. It uses it's tentacles to push itself through the water and it's mortal enemy is Octillary. It have low defense but is very fast and has high Attack.

Drifcrab.png

Brilliant work! But can you give more details like it's weakness and resistance? Attack types?:D

Lickivile.png

A pokemon with High Defense and High Speed. It's name is Lickivile. It has high Defense, and High Speed. It's attack isn't much, but if lucky, could score a few hits.
0 2 61 3 5

This time, Black means Dark. Beige means collorless. It is an Ice/Normal type, yet can abuse Dark type attacks. It is +3 Weak to Fire, and - 2 Resistant to Psychic.
I'll be working on it's backround.
Make Sure to Highlight the Stats.
I could get added power when it is one two and three HP's from being Knocked Out. (+1). It should also have High HP.

It's so...CUTE!!!:D Take your time working on it, I'll be doing the dishes for around 30 mins since we don't have an automatic dishwasher.:p

PS: It's attacks are a bit too strong, I approve of the 6 damage thing but I think it should have a "0" or 2 on its attack bar, replace one of the "2"s with a "0".

I finished the picture, and PM'd you. I switch a 2 to 0.

Alright then. Just work on it okay?:D Can't wait. The more the merrier right?:p

I don't care if this one doesn't make Holo.
Dusctaria.png

It isn't very fast, and it's strength is not that high. It does however have amazing defense. It is a ghost/flying type. Here are the attack numbers:
2 2 2 3 3 4
Pink means flying, (which is converted to collorless). It is +1 Weak to Dark, and - 3 Resistant to Collorless.

Here is the Pic:
SIGDusktaria.png

001.png

Diglenat!

001-1.png

At your request I redid it and will now provide more information about Drifcrab.

Drifcrab: Drifcrab lives near the bottom of shallow sea's usually near the edge of sandbars. It uses it's claws to capture small fish to eat and it's mortal enemy is Octilary. It has very high speed and high physical attack/ special attack. However it's defense is rather low. It can learn attacks such as Bubblebeam, Crabhammer and Poison Sting. Though it has high attack it prefers to avoid fights if it can. Drifcrab are know to travel in groups of twelve or more and are very protective of their eggs and fellows. When one is weak it's friends will surround and protect it.

EDIT: New pokemon!

Granix: Granix looks a little bit like a rock type because it's partialy made out of rocks. When it hatches it uses the tentacles to crawl around the forest and gather rocks that has moss on them. Then it builds up it's massive body and then hibernates in a cave for one week. After hibernating it goes on a search for a mate. Granix will battle each other to impress a mate. Granix have very high defense and attack but is rather slow. It can learn moves like Rock Smash, Slam, and even Avalanche.

Granix.png

Attachments

• Drifcrab 2.png
    Drifcrab 2.png
    13.6 KB · Views: 10

Abaxter, it won't be a holo, just as you predicted. It'll be a semi-holo instead!:D That's better now Rocket member. Bulbasaur, that's the perfect candidate to be the first "common" card!:p Good work guys, I'll get to them as soon as possible.

That's cool.
For the sun on Bulbasaur, I'd recomend that you put some color for the sky.

Anyway,which is the last color?

Back