Post - Next Destinies = SP Format 3.0?

Hey, do you think Kyogre EX/Kyurem would make a new deck? I really want to use Kyogre.

I know this is probably going to sound crazy coming from me but I think that Post-Next Destinies, TyRam and ZPST could see a dramatic drop in playability due to the popularity of some of the Pokemon ex in the new set. Mewtwo ex will see play without a doubt, Regigigas ex has potential, especially Darkrai ex but that doesn't come out till the next set after unless they include it in.

I don't agree because Reshiram EX fits in with TyRam, and ZPST can knock out the support the EX's need.

True you got a point, I still don't see how Reshiram ex will replace regular Reshiram in TyRam, perhaps Entei ex fits the role alot better. I still think ZPST is going to have a rough time taking down Pokemon ex's with their 170+ HP but you're right unless they aren't going against Item Lock with Vileplume they can still Catcher whatever Support those Pokemon ex are running.

Card Slinger J said:
True you got a point, I still don't see how Reshiram ex will replace regular Reshiram in TyRam, perhaps Entei ex fits the role alot better. I still think ZPST is going to have a rough time taking down Pokemon ex's with their 170+ HP but you're right unless they aren't going against Item Lock with Vileplume they can still Catcher whatever Support those Pokemon ex are running.

170 HP fire type that can hit 150 will fit in TyRam quite nicely I assure you of that.

Brisk Cakers said:
170 HP fire type that can hit 150 will fit in TyRam quite nicely I assure you of that.

Oh sir, you are mistaken. 180 HP fire type that can hit for 150 will fit in TyRam quite nicely :p

That, and eviolite in TyRam becomes a lot more playable, considering the reduction of self damage it brings. Reshi EX doesn't even need to discard energy, so ReshiBoar might actually see a comeback in the NA metagame thanks to Reshi EX, considering you just need to power it up once (i.e. catchering out and killing boar doesn't mess up your damage output over the next few turns, so you don't want to damage yourself if you don't have to). Just imagine a ZekEel deck, but with fire, and you attach from hand instead of discard.

What's the correct translation for Shaymin EX? If it's bulbapedia's where it does 30 + 30 if they took a prize last turn it is pretty horrible.
However, if it's like pokebeach's where it is 30 + (30x number of prizes they've taken) then it is a great revenge card, better than terrakion even.

I have no clue which translation is correct, but it really doesn't matter. Shaymin EX is never going to see play even if they removed the EX rule. Grass is the worst type in the game because it hits nothing for weakness, and it deals minor damage until very late game, in which case giving your opponent easy prizes (110 hp for a late game attacker is awful) is terrible. Its not a good energy accelerator either since Tangela does the same thing but doesn't give up 2 prizes. Comparing it to Terrakion is laughable because Terrakion has the best offensive typing in the game, more hp than Shaymin and no EX rule, the best weakness to have (no good grass types in the meta, nothing else weak to grass doesn't encourage their use anyway) and hits 90 reliably from the first prize lost.

FearZeCrawdaunt said:
Oh sir, you are mistaken. 180 HP fire type that can hit for 150 will fit in TyRam quite nicely :p

That, and eviolite in TyRam becomes a lot more playable, considering the reduction of self damage it brings. Reshi EX doesn't even need to discard energy, so ReshiBoar might actually see a comeback in the NA metagame thanks to Reshi EX, considering you just need to power it up once (i.e. catchering out and killing boar doesn't mess up your damage output over the next few turns, so you don't want to damage yourself if you don't have to). Just imagine a ZekEel deck, but with fire, and you attach from hand instead of discard.

Reshiboar will be better for Reshiram EX than Reshiphlosion I think. While it's only theorymon, two ABs puts you in range of a Lost Burn, Strong Volt, Brave Fire, or even a straight X-Ball with a pluspower (assuming Mewtwo only has two energy on it) KO. As all four attackers are probably going to be common in the next metagame, that's a pretty big problem for Reshiram to deal with. To make matters worse, one AB and a failed Brave Fire flip puts you in range of a Frozen Wing KO. Recovery is also slower than Emboar, and since Reshiram EX doesn't discard, Typhlosion loses its recovery merits to a degree. Reshiboar is the better play imho.

I hope this doesn't constitute necro-posting. >_>

Back