Post - Next Destinies = SP Format 3.0?

Card Slinger J

Aspiring Trainer
Okay so we all know that Pokemon ex are signally the fact that the Modified format is turning back to the way it was in Majestic Dawn-On. But will HGSS-On Post- Next Destinies really be as bad as the format was in MD-On where mostly SP's were dominating the format like LuxChomp, Plox, Lady Gaga (Luxray/Dialga/Garchomp)? There's going to be too many Overpowered Basic decks in the format and there's already alot of them:

* Mewtwo ex/Celebi Prime
* CaKE (Cobalion/Kyurem/Electrode Prime)
* ZPST (Zekrom/Pachirisu/Shaymin/Tornadus)
* Overpowered Basic Haymaker (I've played against it and it's brutal)
* Reshiphlosion/TyRam (Reshiram/Typhlosion Prime)
* Shaymin ex/Electrode Prime/Tangrowth CoL
* KyuremGatr with KGL (Kyurem/Feraligatr Prime/Kyogre - Groudon LEGEND)
* Kyogre ex/Kyurem/Electrode Prime
* Regigigas ex/Reuniclus/Vileplume/Electrode Prime?
* Durant Mill (Self expainatory)

Does every thread you make have to do with whining and moaning? Of all the threads that you have whined about, the only one that I have a slight agreeing with you was during the "protect-IP" one and that wasn't even TCG related.

No. Just no. SPs and EXs have a very different playstyle. You should always take into account that SPs became so good because they were a self- sufficient engine. They had trainers and supporters that aid only them and no one else. These decks you mentioned are merely theorymon and some aren't even proven to be top contenders. You also have a bad definition of "overpowering basics". Notice how all of your decks have a reliance on a Stage 1 or Stage 2 to be even playable. I don't give a damn if the Stage 2 is just a support there but it is a fact that if you don't get that Stage 2 out, your deck is done for. So please for the love of God, spare the community of you always whining about the format and instead think of ways to work around them or ask around on how to work around them.

Bottom line is, these basics are crap if they don't have an evolved pokemon engine which SPs didn't need. Hell, even Zekrom/Tornadus/Eel is a better and more consistent deck that ZPTS. Durant Mill is a joke, KyuremGatr is far too risky, CaKE easily dies to TyRam, and the rest are untested in an "outside Japan" metagame.

Until I actually see these apparently OP cards win tournaments, I'm not going to jump to any conclusions. I honestly think Mewtwo will be somewhat good for the game, since if you're both running it (everybody will probably run/tech it at first), you have to be incredibly careful about stacking energy on it and such. Other than that, nothing has been very OP, past their HPs. Magnezone has little issue with that, and none of them do such huge damage to scare Gothitelle or Vileplume out of the format. I think the cards that would struggle most are the big basic dragons, honestly. Of course, I've done very little testing with the set, so this is mostly theorymon.

Celebi23 said:
Until I actually see these apparently OP cards win tournaments, I'm not going to jump to any conclusions. I honestly think Mewtwo will be somewhat good for the game, since if you're both running it (everybody will probably run/tech it at first), you have to be incredibly careful about stacking energy on it and such. Other than that, nothing has been very OP, past their HPs. Magnezone has little issue with that, and none of them do such huge damage to scare Gothitelle or Vileplume out of the format. I think the cards that would struggle most are the big basic dragons, honestly. Of course, I've done very little testing with the set, so this is mostly theorymon.

Only Reshiram and Zekrom EX can scare Gothitelle out of the format. I still don't see this format's resemblance to the SP format though.

Basically what everyone already said. and lol@half the decks listed. Shaymin ex? KGL? do you even know what you're talking about?

also @ Brisk mewtwo EX basically makes goth unplayable.

Brisk Cakers said:
Does every thread you make have to do with whining and moaning? Of all the threads that you have whined about, the only one that I have a slight agreeing with you was during the "protect-IP" one and that wasn't even TCG related.
This.

sapphirebirch said:
and lol@half the decks listed. Shaymin ex? KGL? do you even know what you're talking about?

And this sum up this thread, and all of the other threads I have seen you make in about the past year.

Another thing, I am tired of people giving the MD-on format such a bad reputation, SP and Gyarados were not the only viable decks. Some others worth mentioning:
  • Dialgachomp
  • Vilegar
  • Sablelock
  • Sabledonk
  • ZPS
  • Reshiboar
  • Steelix
  • Lostgar
  • Machamp Stormfront variants.
  • Machamp Prime Variants.
  • Magnerock
  • Regigigas
  • Palkia Lock
  • Charizard
  • Kingdra Variants
  • Arceus
Those are just sum of the high tier decks, as you can see, everything wasn't SP. Some cards are more powerful than others, that is how Pokémon works, it doesn't matter if they are basics or stage 2's, you just have to deal with it, and if you can't, stop wasting your time complain about Pokémon and find a new hobby.

Mewtwo EX is so overhyped.

Yes I said it. I really don't see the appeal of the card, especially depending on the translation. If X Ball does 20x energy attached to both active pokemon, then that's pretty bad, but if bulbapedia's translation is accurate, and it's 20x energy on the defending, well, that's pretty useless. Gardevior can't increase the damage output, and X Ball is probably looking at a maximum of 80 (four energy on an EX with no eviolite), an average of 40/60, and potentially zero damage against cards like Donphan, Yanmega, or a Reshiram that just blue flared and has eviolite attached. None of these are impossible or even terribly unlikely scenarios either.

This brings us to Mewtwo's second attack, which does 120 for (P)(P)(C) and discards one. It's not bad, but it's ultimately a slightly more discard efficient blue flare. In addition, Mewtwo has no acceleration to speak of outside Gardevior, which turns all (P) into (P)(P) on your side of the field. That's all well and good, but a Stage 2, something which has so so consistency as a rule in the first place, that has 110 HP hardly strikes me as a reliable tech. Any dragon, EX or not, can one shot it. Goth can do the same because of weakness (and while I believe it is a bad matchup for Goth, it still bears mentioning), Magnezone can one shot it, and either genie can two shot Mewtwo or Gardevior. Mewtwo EX also gives up two prizes, which is bad for the prize exchange given that Mewtwo really can't OHKO any of the real main attackers without help from pluspower, weakness, or some means of dropping a damage counter. Meanwhile, things that two shot it can get ahead on the prize race, and most of these decks have better recovery.

I know people are saying that Mewtwo EX is doing great in Japan, but these people are overlooking that there are more sets released in Japan that may help Mewtwo or hurt its competition. There's also a good chance that the meta is different there and more Mewtwo friendly, but from what I've seen of the western meta, I can honestly say I don't see much that Mewtwo has to offer that makes it worth the hype, certainly not in its own deck.

Even as tech to counter Gothetelle, without pluspower help, X Ball can't one shot Gothetelle unless it has four energy on it, and any intelligent goth player would probably have such a decked out Gothetelle on the bench to revenge kill Mewtwo EX, as four energy and weakness will barely do it. If someone can tell me why Mewtwo EX is so good, I'm all ears. Maybe I'm missing something, but I'm not seeing what it has over other pokemon in our current meta that warrants two prizes, and I really don't see anything special that if offers over either dragon EX.

Edit: Also, to reply to this:
Dialgachomp
Vilegar
Sablelock
Sabledonk
ZPS
Reshiboar
Steelix
Lostgar

Machamp Stormfront variants.
Machamp Prime Variants.
Magnerock
Regigigas
Palkia Lock
Charizard
Kingdra Variants
Arceus

To be fair, any of the bolded decks were either tier 2 or made obsolete by other decks (namely Sablelock vs Sabledonk) in most situations. Charizard had a weakish damage output for its setup. Arceus was interesting, but took a little time, too much time compared to SPs or Vilegar, and got rolled over by Champ SF. Magnerock didn't see much play, at least where I was. I don't know the whole story behind it, but a fighting heavier meta and slower setup speed were probably important factors. In MD on, Uxie was often enough and Magnetic Draw more or less compensated for Magnezone's energy demanding attack. It was playable, sure, but not in the league of some other decks. There was a definite pecking order as opposed to the rock > paper > scissors matchup we have now.

Both metas have had decent tier two decks, and admittedly, some of the tier two decks last format might have been closer than the tier 1/1.5 than the decks of this format, but the tier 1/1.5s of this format are still more numerous, with decks like Tyram, ZPST, Stage 1 Rush, Reshiboar, ZET, ZEM, Megazone, The Truth, and Gothetelle, Yanmega variants, Mewgar, and Mew box/Mewpluff. One thing that is certainly true, however, is that most of these higher level decks center on only a few pokemon, and just use different combinations of them.

Either way, because the format is so rock paper scissors, I see greater balance of each deck in tournaments, as opposed to the 55/20/5 SP/Champ (or Gyarados)/everything else split.

Getting back to the original topic, what the heck is the "Overpowered Basic Haymaker?" If you mean DnD, I'm pretty sure it's not overpowered, certainly with Eviolite out, and if you really mean the dragons and Cobalion I have to question how that's overpowered in any way. It has no way to damage the bench, so outrage is looking at a pathetic 40 a turn, maybe 60 if you stack two rainbow, and dropping one rainbow puts any dragon within the magic number before it can attack. That seems about as overpowered as Lostgar was.

I expect, as I have for a while, that Gothetelle will go down in flames upon the release of Next Destiny, but that's it. Tyram and ZPST get a new toy. ZEM variants have another tech to choose from, Vileplume does a dragon swap and may suffer a little due to new legend fragility, and Magnezone gets more popular due to draw and the rare ability to OHKO EXs.

That's not the reason mewtwo is overhyped. It just has too many straight counters. Ex ball does 20x the energy on mewtwo and the defending. It doesn't damage mewtwo. Also, gardevoir does increase the damage output. With it, you can do 120 for 3.
EDIT: I've never heard of Arceus (deck). What was the list?

pokemonjoe said:
EDIT: I've never heard of Arceus (deck). What was the list?
I never really played it, but it was something like:

16x Arceus
16x Energy
4x Beginning Door
24x Staple Trainers

I think.

It was IIRC. As long as you don't face Machamp SF but that's a topic for a different day. Now, I just want to see how BW:ND will make the format resemble the SP format.

Magnevire said:
Mewtwo EX is so overhyped.

Yes I said it. I really don't see the appeal of the card, especially depending on the translation. If X Ball does 20x energy attached to both active pokemon, then that's pretty bad, but if bulbapedia's translation is accurate, and it's 20x energy on the defending, well, that's pretty useless. Gardevior can't increase the damage output, and X Ball is probably looking at a maximum of 80 (four energy on an EX with no eviolite), an average of 40/60, and potentially zero damage against cards like Donphan, Yanmega, or a Reshiram that just blue flared and has eviolite attached. None of these are impossible or even terribly unlikely scenarios either.

This brings us to Mewtwo's second attack, which does 120 for (P)(P)(C) and discards one. It's not bad, but it's ultimately a slightly more discard efficient blue flare. In addition, Mewtwo has no acceleration to speak of outside Gardevior, which turns all (P) into (P)(P) on your side of the field. That's all well and good, but a Stage 2, something which has so so consistency as a rule in the first place, that has 110 HP hardly strikes me as a reliable tech. Any dragon, EX or not, can one shot it. Goth can do the same because of weakness (and while I believe it is a bad matchup for Goth, it still bears mentioning), Magnezone can one shot it, and either genie can two shot Mewtwo or Gardevior. Mewtwo EX also gives up two prizes, which is bad for the prize exchange given that Mewtwo really can't OHKO any of the real main attackers without help from pluspower, weakness, or some means of dropping a damage counter. Meanwhile, things that two shot it can get ahead on the prize race, and most of these decks have better recovery.

I know people are saying that Mewtwo EX is doing great in Japan, but these people are overlooking that there are more sets released in Japan that may help Mewtwo or hurt its competition. There's also a good chance that the meta is different there and more Mewtwo friendly, but from what I've seen of the western meta, I can honestly say I don't see much that Mewtwo has to offer that makes it worth the hype, certainly not in its own deck.

Even as tech to counter Gothetelle, without pluspower help, X Ball can't one shot Gothetelle unless it has four energy on it, and any intelligent goth player would probably have such a decked out Gothetelle on the bench to revenge kill Mewtwo EX, as four energy and weakness will barely do it. If someone can tell me why Mewtwo EX is so good, I'm all ears. Maybe I'm missing something, but I'm not seeing what it has over other pokemon in our current meta that warrants two prizes, and I really don't see anything special that if offers over either dragon EX.

Edit: Also, to reply to this:

To be fair, any of the bolded decks were either tier 2 or made obsolete by other decks (namely Sablelock vs Sabledonk) in most situations. Charizard had a weakish damage output for its setup. Arceus was interesting, but took a little time, too much time compared to SPs or Vilegar, and got rolled over by Champ SF. Magnerock didn't see much play, at least where I was. I don't know the whole story behind it, but a fighting heavier meta and slower setup speed were probably important factors. In MD on, Uxie was often enough and Magnetic Draw more or less compensated for Magnezone's energy demanding attack. It was playable, sure, but not in the league of some other decks. There was a definite pecking order as opposed to the rock > paper > scissors matchup we have now.

Both metas have had decent tier two decks, and admittedly, some of the tier two decks last format might have been closer than the tier 1/1.5 than the decks of this format, but the tier 1/1.5s of this format are still more numerous, with decks like Tyram, ZPST, Stage 1 Rush, Reshiboar, ZET, ZEM, Megazone, The Truth, and Gothetelle, Yanmega variants, Mewgar, and Mew box/Mewpluff. One thing that is certainly true, however, is that most of these higher level decks center on only a few pokemon, and just use different combinations of them.

Either way, because the format is so rock paper scissors, I see greater balance of each deck in tournaments, as opposed to the 55/20/5 SP/Champ (or Gyarados)/everything else split.

Getting back to the original topic, what the heck is the "Overpowered Basic Haymaker?" If you mean DnD, I'm pretty sure it's not overpowered, certainly with Eviolite out, and if you really mean the dragons and Cobalion I have to question how that's overpowered in any way. It has no way to damage the bench, so outrage is looking at a pathetic 40 a turn, maybe 60 if you stack two rainbow, and dropping one rainbow puts any dragon within the magic number before it can attack. That seems about as overpowered as Lostgar was.

I expect, as I have for a while, that Gothetelle will go down in flames upon the release of Next Destiny, but that's it. Tyram and ZPST get a new toy. ZEM variants have another tech to choose from, Vileplume does a dragon swap and may suffer a little due to new legend fragility, and Magnezone gets more popular due to draw and the rare ability to OHKO EXs.

1. it does 20x the energy on mewtwo and the defending. with a dce its 40 + 20 for each energy on the defending basically.

2. japan is playing hgss - next destinies right now so we aren't overlooking anything.

3. Mewtwo one shots goth with a dce and at least 2 energy on goth.

before you say something is overrated make sure your facts are straight rofl

1. Hey I did my research. My sources simply clash with yours stated.

2. I thought stuff like Darkrai and other cards were slated for the set after ND? Are we getting all the EX at once? I hadn't seen that here or there.

3. The statement was made based off the theory that X Ball only accounted the energy on the defending pokemon. I believe I stated that as a main basis to my argument. Pay attention.

Lastly, Gothetelle is only one deck. it counters what Reshiram and Zekrom EX already do. Big whoop. I hope the basic of your argument is not based solely on the Goth counter (and to specify, most of my commentary was based on the mewtwo/gard deck, I'm getting that out of the way now). If so, then I would say that an argument with conflicting information is better than incomplete information.

If you want 100% straight facts though, I remember back when people were discussing how incredible Lostgar was going to be, and had similar arguments, iirc, to Mewtwo, and how much potential it had.

Lostgar is almost never seen in competitive play.

Reshiboar was thought to be a BDIF...turned out to be mostly theorymon. As I said before, if X Ball did 20x each, then it would be a decent anti Goth tech, but that's it. It's still not that good in other matchups, and I'll believe its viability when I see it on the West Cost dominating like the theorymon said it should. Until then, I'm going to look at other theorymon greats, see how they did not succeed, and just wait until I see it for myself.

So with my facts straight to your satisfaction, Mewtwo EX is still overrated and warrants use as a one of tech only against a deck that probably won't see much play in the future.

We are getting all of Psycho Drive/Hail Blizzard's EXs in Next Destiny, as well as Reshiram and Zekrom. Probably nothing from Dark Rush, but we're always one set behind Japan (roughly) anyway.

Magnevire said:
1. Hey I did my research. My sources simply clash with yours stated.

2. I thought stuff like Darkrai and other cards were slated for the set after ND? Are we getting all the EX at once? I hadn't seen that here or there.

3. The statement was made based off the theory that X Ball only accounted the energy on the defending pokemon. I believe I stated that as a main basis to my argument. Pay attention.

Lastly, Gothetelle is only one deck. it counters what Reshiram and Zekrom EX already do. Big whoop. I hope the basic of your argument is not based solely on the Goth counter (and to specify, most of my commentary was based on the mewtwo/gard deck, I'm getting that out of the way now). If so, then I would say that an argument with conflicting information is better than incomplete information.

If you want 100% straight facts though, I remember back when people were discussing how incredible Lostgar was going to be, and had similar arguments, iirc, to Mewtwo, and how much potential it had.

Lostgar is almost never seen in competitive play.

Reshiboar was thought to be a BDIF...turned out to be mostly theorymon. As I said before, if X Ball did 20x each, then it would be a decent anti Goth tech, but that's it. It's still not that good in other matchups, and I'll believe its viability when I see it on the West Cost dominating like the theorymon said it should. Until then, I'm going to look at other theorymon greats, see how they did not succeed, and just wait until I see it for myself.

So with my facts straight to your satisfaction, Mewtwo EX is still overrated and warrants use as a one of tech only against a deck that probably won't see much play in the future.
Nobody said it wasn't overrated, but it does deserve some of the hype it's recieving. It has a lot of cards that pair nicely with it.
-Gardevoir
-Celebi
-Typhlosion
-Eelektrik

For the record, X ball does 20x each energy on both mewtwo and the defending. If you're going to use something as the main basis of your arguement, try to get reliable facts.

The X Ball correction was previously noted.

In any case, I can see it pairing well with dragons since Goth is a problem for them anyway, but like I said, I'm not sold on the Gardevior or Celebi engine. The former especially is too reliant on Gardeviors not being dragged out and killed. I guess that can be said about Eelektrik and Typhlosion too, but Gard is sort of the worst of both worlds since it is below the magic 120, like Eel, but is a stage 2, like Phlosion.

Perhaps my original judgment was harsher than I intended it to be. Mewtwo as a main attacker with Gard and Celebi could certainly be tier 2, maybe 1.5, but there's no way it's going to be tier 1 or BDIF, which some people were claiming early on, a claim that I ultimately rail against.

Mewtwo is trash, two prizes after you kill it? No thanks, if it ever gets played, Mew Prime techs say hi. Not to mention it has no solid source of energy acceleration, Gardevoir is ok, but Jirachi Shaymin and Electrode are both terribly inconsistent.

Brisk Cakers said:

You "slightly" agreed with the Protect IP thread? Oh so you're actually in favor of the U.S. Government regulating the Internet as they please shutting down copyrighted material from Gaming Sites and Social Media Sites that are protected under the FAIR USE Act (Freedom and Innovation Revitalizing United States Entrepreneurship Act of 2007). The Entertainment Industry doesn't know how to operate with current technology as well because they are refusing to adapt to it by still wanting to get paid for what they want while stripping 1st Amendment rights away from people in the U.S.

It pains me that I always have to get in trouble by people like you, I mean If I have problems with the Pokemon TCG why is it a problem to address those problems If they are at all? I don't mind debating about certain things but you make it sound like I'm doing it to be immature instead of getting to something that I feel needs to be addressed. Possibly not but hey that's part of why I'm here to debate on this. For better or worse I suppose.

Brisk Cakers said:
No. Just no. SPs and EXs have a very different playstyle. You should always take into account that SPs became so good because they were a self- sufficient engine. They had trainers and supporters that aid only them and no one else. These decks you mentioned are merely theorymon and some aren't even proven to be top contenders. You also have a bad definition of "overpowering basics". Notice how all of your decks have a reliance on a Stage 1 or Stage 2 to be even playable. I don't give a damn if the Stage 2 is just a support there but it is a fact that if you don't get that Stage 2 out, your deck is done for. So please for the love of God, spare the community of you always whining about the format and instead think of ways to work around them or ask around on how to work around them.

Well you have a good point about that actually, the comparisons explain:

What SP had:

* A means to cut down energy costs available only to SPs.
* A Supporter that can search for ALL of the necessary cards for an SP Pokemon to function.
* A Pokemon that can heal damage from all other SP Pokemon with a non-attack.
* A means to stop Powers/Bodies with no downside.
* Cheap Attackers with low HP.

What EX's have:

* High HP attackers with average attack costs.
* No proprietary card engine unique to just the EX's.
* The downside of giving your Opponent 2 prize cards when KO'ed.
* Eviolite (but it's not unique to the EX's)

Bottom line is, these basics are crap if they don't have an evolved pokemon engine which SPs didn't need. Hell, even Zekrom/Tornadus/Eel is a better and more consistent deck that ZPTS. Durant Mill is a joke, KyuremGatr is far too risky, CaKE easily dies to TyRam, and the rest are untested in an "outside Japan" metagame.

I still think ZPST is a solid deck but Eelektrik for Dynamotor isn't a bad consistent choice for Zekrom decks in general. The problem I see with Eelektrik in Zekrom is that it needs {L} in the Discard Pile for it to work on a benched Basic, it's not bad but I'm personally in favor of using Pachirisu and Tornadus with Zekrom.

Durant Mill isn't a bad deck, Casual wise it's amazing but Competitively it's kinda terribad now that I think about it and yes it does autowin against CaKE. KyuremGatr is kinda risky however it hardly has any Type Disadvantage other than being weak to Cobalion NV which Gatr can cover against for you, as for CaKE (again) yes it has an unfavorable matchup against TyRam but I think it can still work somehow. If you KO Electrode early to mid game to get energy accel going on your Basics you should be in smooth sailing.

I don't think Jirachi for Time Hollow is the best way to go cause in my testing with CaKE against Typhlosion/Reshiram/Magnezone I've rarely gotten any energies on Jirachi much less been able to use his attack due to the threat of giving my opponent a prize. Shaymin ex seems like the logical choice but even then it's at a Type Disadvantage. I'll do some more testing on it to find a logical answer. I've come too far with CaKE to tear the deck apart like I did with MewPluff because of Kyurem decimating it.

Magnevire said:

"Overpowered Basic Haymaker" (not the best name for it but hey I guess it fits) basically runs the 3 Dragons (Zekrom, Reshiram, and Kyurem) with the 3 Musketeer Pokemon (Cobalion, Virizion, and Terrakion from NV btw) to basically try to counter almost every deck in the game similiar to The Truth by google Cawthorn but with Reuniclus for Damage Swap to absorb damage to manipulate Outrage from the Dragons and Item Lock with Vileplume, it also runs Shaymin UL to transfer energies with Celebration Wind and Seeker If necessary.

lolwut? Did I hear right? The three musketeers? Except for Cobalion, those things are awful. Virizion-there's nothing weak to grass in the metagame anyway save for the obscure Feraligatr, and Virizion 2HKOs that anyway, same as Cobalion, Terrakion, Reshiram, and Zekrom. Terrakion is good for Zekrom and Magnezone but only runs even with Tornadus and Yanmega, the Pokemon they are usually paired with; then Terrakion's awful retreat gives you no option but to sit there and watch your energy disappear. Speaking of energy, I can't see how such a deck could be consistent. That's 14+ Pokemon for the Reuniclus/Vileplume lines, add a starter and a ton of basics, maybe a Blissey Prime line, and you have 25+ Pokemon easily. Add that to the fact that you would need 4 Rainbows and probably 3-4 of each kind of energy that the basics need, and you have no room for consisteny trainers. The only way to fix the deck in that scenario is to scrap half the basics, but then you've just got The Truth. Also, you are arguing that this is a basics only format, yet the deck you suggest has 2 stage 2s.

Anyway, lets go over the current top tier decks (I'm not including stuff from NV since they haven't had time to prove themselves yet:

ZPST
Reshiphlosion
G/R
Megazone
The Truth
Reshiboar

Those are the tier 1-1.5 decks imo, and all but one of them uses 1-2 stage 2s. There are plenty more in tier 2, though. So how can you say that the basics are making Stage 2s obsolete? Now I'll list some decks coming out in NV/ND:

Durant
Mewtwo EX+some energy accelerater
CaKE
KyuremGatr
Reshiram EX/Emboar? (not like the previous Reshiboar since it wouldn't need energy retrieval)

Again, those are the top tier ones. Sure, Gigas EX and Kyurem EX might fit into The Truth, but that's not a new deck. Gigas will probably be a good damage sponge in G/R if it survives the introducing of Reshiram/Zekrom/Mewtwo EX, but that's unlikely. Speaking of Reshiram/Zekrom EX, they will fit into some decks as G/R and The Truth counters, but again, that's not a new deck. I think CaKE is going to be another Gengar, there are too many Reshiphlosions here and Kyurem can't handle them that well, if at all. That means that there will be 1 deck introduced that doesn't rely on stage 2s (Durant) but that's soemwhat gimmicky and whether it works is still to be seen. So, G/R will probably die in Next Destinies and The Truth may take a hit (emphasis on may, it will enjoy using some EXes itself) and we get a host of new decks. One-sided trainer-lock was never very good for the metagame anyway, imo. So, there's nothing to complain about; in terms of diversity, our metagame is pretty good, and its only getting better.

Now to get rid of our current first turn rules...

I am seriously going to headdesk here. When I mean agree with you in the Protect-IP, I meant agree with your stand because agreeing with your opinion is extremely hard and rare to come by.

@DV, I've already pointed out that those "overpowered basics" are only "overpowered" if they have their proper Stage 1-2 support otherwise they are useless. Six Corners is actually playable I think.

Back