Pokemon TCG Flip coins

The-Kaiser

Starfleet Captain and Pokemon Trainer
Is there a list or guide as to whichs ones were made and what Blister or other item there from? In case your wondering i mean the black plastic coin with shiny paint or hologram you get in some of those 3 pack blisters.

I think Bulbapedia lists which coin is given in a particular deck on the page for that deck, but outside of that, I've never seen a listing or anything.

Why do we need so many coins to play the TCG? I am not sure if this classifies under this thread since the Title basically talks about the coins. Anyway why not just flip 1 coin so many amount of times rather than say flipping 4 coins for an attack? Some cards say flip 4 coins on them. Why not just flip 1 coin 4 times rather than flipping 4 coins etc. All we have to do is count while we flip the coins. Just curious about this. Thanks XD. If I ever play TCG I am only using 1 coin. No need for more than 1 coin for coin flipping XD.:)

Edit: All theme decks have a coin and usually a 3-5 card blister pack does and sometimes a box does too. Usually if it costs more than $10.00 there is a good chance there is a coin in them XD. The only things that do not have a coin that costs over $10.00 is the tins and probably the display boxes XD.:)

xxashxx said:
Why do we need so many coins to play the TCG? I am not sure if this classifies under this thread since the Title basically talks about the coins. Anyway why not just flip 1 coin so many amount of times rather than say flipping 4 coins for an attack? Some cards say flip 4 coins on them. Why not just flip 1 coin 4 times rather than flipping 4 coins etc. All we have to do is count while we flip the coins. Just curious about this. Thanks XD. If I ever play TCG I am only using 1 coin. No need for more than 1 coin for coin flipping XD.:)

... /facepalm

I'm pretty sure no one ever uses 4 separate coins. I've been to a few league battles in my day, and I've always just used 1 coin for everything. So, I've flipped 1 coin 4 times for an attack. It would be rather wasteful to flip 4 separate coins.

Moves that say "flip 4 coins" doesn't mean flip 4 separate coins, it just means flip a coin 4 times. There's no need to change the wording...

It should say "Flip a coin 4 times" That is the correct wayit should be printed on the cards XD. Anyway just wanted to clear this up. Thanks man.:)

I mostly posted this cus i have alot of coins and was hoping someone has a good gallery or list of which all were made so i can see which ones im missing. :)

xxashxx said:
It should say "Flip a coin 4 times" That is the correct wayit should be printed on the cards XD. Anyway just wanted to clear this up. Thanks man.:)

I'm pretty sure that the wording doesn't suggest that you need to flip seperate coins :p. You would only need to flip one coin x amount of times that the card indicates!

The-Kaiser said:
I mostly posted this cus i have alot of coins and was hoping someone has a good gallery or list of which all were made so i can see which ones im missing. :)

I highly doubt that there is a list of coins out there, sorry.

But hey, look on the bright side: This may be your calling! Your chance to contribute substantially to the Pokemon collecting world! The same thing happened to me when I was looking for a complete Jumbo card checklist.

Daelum said:
I highly doubt that there is a list of coins out there, sorry.

But hey, look on the bright side: This may be your calling! Your chance to contribute substantially to the Pokemon collecting world! The same thing happened to me when I was looking for a complete Jumbo card checklist.

Id make a article but something like it i found out is on Bulbapedia but it doesnt show how many versions of each were made and i dont think i have any of the coins from Wizards era anymore =/ plus i got no scanner or decent Camra =/

The-Kaiser said:
Id make a article but something like it i found out is on Bulbapedia but it doesnt show how many versions of each were made and i don't think i have any of the coins from Wizards era anymore =/ plus i got no scanner or decent Camra =/

I have all the coins. Both English, and Japanese. I have a photo scanner. I could add this to ever growing to do list.

omahanime said:
I have all the coins. Both English, and Japanese. I have a photo scanner. I could add this to ever growing to do list.

Is there anything Pokemon TCG related that you don't have?!
Obviously, that's a rhetorical question, but I would still love to see your collection someday :)

Daelum said:
Is there anything Pokemon TCG related that you don't have?!

Oh yes, plenty of things.

Daelum said:
Obviously, that's a rhetorical question, but I would still love to see your collection someday :)

I may have to talk WPM into showcasing my:
Cards
Flip coins
Rule books
card lists
advertising

Daelum said:

omahanime said:
Cards
Flip coins
Rule books
card lists
advertising

I'd also love to see! :)

omahanime said:
Oh yes, plenty of things.

Cards
Flip coins
Rule books
card lists
advertising

Do you collect Pokemon TCG advertisements? What sort of items would that collection include? :D

Secret Pikachu said:
Do you collect Pokemon TCG advertisements? What sort of items would that collection include? :D

With Japanese promos sometimes, are advertising fliers the size of cards. I have kept those.

omahanime said:
With Japanese promos sometimes, are advertising fliers the size of cards. I have kept those.

Oh okay, that's neat. It would be cool to have some giant sized cards or signs (or something similar).

Secret Pikachu said:
Oh okay, that's neat. It would be cool to have some giant sized cards or signs (or something similar).

I have that too.

omahanime said:

Can I get a picture? Those seem interesting.

Also, do you have any cards that are larger than the normal Jumbo?

Back