Pokemon TCG Flip coins

Discussion in 'TCG News & Discussion' started by The-Kaiser, Aug 25, 2012.

1. The-Kaiser Starfleet Captain and Pokemon Trainer
    The-Kaiser

Is there a list or guide as to whichs ones were made and what Blister or other item there from? In case your wondering i mean the black plastic coin with shiny paint or hologram you get in some of those 3 pack blisters.

2. Athena Priestess of Dawn
    Athena

Forum Mod News Staff Activities Staff Chat Room Staff Member

I think Bulbapedia lists which coin is given in a particular deck on the page for that deck, but outside of that, I've never seen a listing or anything.

3. xxashxx "Pokemon Gotta catch em all Pokemon"
    xxashxx

Elite Member Advanced Member Member

Why do we need so many coins to play the TCG? I am not sure if this classifies under this thread since the Title basically talks about the coins. Anyway why not just flip 1 coin so many amount of times rather than say flipping 4 coins for an attack? Some cards say flip 4 coins on them. Why not just flip 1 coin 4 times rather than flipping 4 coins etc. All we have to do is count while we flip the coins. Just curious about this. Thanks XD. If I ever play TCG I am only using 1 coin. No need for more than 1 coin for coin flipping XD.:)

Edit: All theme decks have a coin and usually a 3-5 card blister pack does and sometimes a box does too. Usually if it costs more than $10.00 there is a good chance there is a coin in them XD. The only things that do not have a coin that costs over $10.00 is the tins and probably the display boxes XD.:)

4. Daelum Climbing the stairs to the top
    Daelum

... /facepalm

I'm pretty sure no one ever uses 4 separate coins. I've been to a few league battles in my day, and I've always just used 1 coin for everything. So, I've flipped 1 coin 4 times for an attack. It would be rather wasteful to flip 4 separate coins.

Moves that say "flip 4 coins" doesn't mean flip 4 separate coins, it just means flip a coin 4 times. There's no need to change the wording...

5. xxashxx "Pokemon Gotta catch em all Pokemon"
    xxashxx

It should say "Flip a coin 4 times" That is the correct wayit should be printed on the cards XD. Anyway just wanted to clear this up. Thanks man.:)

6. The-Kaiser Starfleet Captain and Pokemon Trainer
    The-Kaiser

I mostly posted this cus i have alot of coins and was hoping someone has a good gallery or list of which all were made so i can see which ones im missing. :)

7. Secret Pikachu Aspiring Trainer
    Secret Pikachu

I'm pretty sure that the wording doesn't suggest that you need to flip seperate coins :p. You would only need to flip one coin x amount of times that the card indicates!

8. Daelum Climbing the stairs to the top
    Daelum

I highly doubt that there is a list of coins out there, sorry.

But hey, look on the bright side: This may be your calling! Your chance to contribute substantially to the Pokemon collecting world! The same thing happened to me when I was looking for a complete Jumbo card checklist.

9. The-Kaiser Starfleet Captain and Pokemon Trainer
    The-Kaiser

Id make a article but something like it i found out is on Bulbapedia but it doesnt show how many versions of each were made and i dont think i have any of the coins from Wizards era anymore =/ plus i got no scanner or decent Camra =/

10. omahanime No strings on me.
    omahanime

I have all the coins. Both English, and Japanese. I have a photo scanner. I could add this to ever growing to do list.

11. Daelum Climbing the stairs to the top
    Daelum

Is there anything Pokemon TCG related that you don't have?!
    Obviously, that's a rhetorical question, but I would still love to see your collection someday :)

12. omahanime No strings on me.
    omahanime

Oh yes, plenty of things.

I may have to talk WPM into showcasing my:
    Cards
    Flip coins
    Rule books
    card lists
    advertising

13. PokePhD PokéBeach Verified Seller
    PokePhD

I'd also love to see! :)

14. The-Kaiser Starfleet Captain and Pokemon Trainer
    The-Kaiser

Id also love to see your epic collection Mr. omahanime :)

15. Secret Pikachu Aspiring Trainer
    Secret Pikachu

Do you collect Pokemon TCG advertisements? What sort of items would that collection include? :D

16. omahanime No strings on me.
    omahanime

With Japanese promos sometimes, are advertising fliers the size of cards. I have kept those.

17. Secret Pikachu Aspiring Trainer
    Secret Pikachu

Oh okay, that's neat. It would be cool to have some giant sized cards or signs (or something similar).

18. omahanime No strings on me.
    omahanime

I have that too.

19. Daelum Climbing the stairs to the top
    Daelum

Can I get a picture? Those seem interesting.

Also, do you have any cards that are larger than the normal Jumbo?

20. Secret Pikachu Aspiring Trainer
    Secret Pikachu

Of course you do! :p

Is your house entirely decorated with Pokemon related items? :p

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 0 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?