Pokemon is a money stealing scheme. Have no cash? Playing pokemon? Connection!!!

Do you agree with this article?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I play because I want to do something competitive. There are a whole sect of people out there that I know are better than me at pTCG. I play because this is the only thing I really do that pits me directly against another person. I play music, I have a studio, I record music, I've spent sickening amounts of money playing shows, making music, buying gear to do all that stuff, and it doesn't hurt a bit because I LOVE IT. I do it because it makes me happy, and I do this because it makes me happy too. I don't have any guilt or buyer's remorse. I do spend money on cards, but I budget myself. There's a fine line between gambler, and gambling addict. That being the metaphor, I'm like the crotchety old man who comes in every other sunday and blows 20 bucks to have a cheap laugh.

mlouden03 - That was merely an example. Society's fail will be another day's discussion. And a shotgun and a pole are one-time costs. Yes, I have to buy ammunition. But it is legal in my state to hunt whatever you like (that has fur) on your own land whenever you like, so long as you can prove it's a nuisance. Not hard to do when you grow a garden. And fishing in private ponds is a private affair. I don't really care about being banned, seeing as I knew it would probably happen. But I knew it was a healthy choice that I wanted to lock in, to prevent any temptation to go back. And now that I've adjusted I can efficiently see the flaws in it, while I believe players' judgement is clouded with biased thoughts.

Cris - The absolute first thing you should look at is cost. Tell your friends to hoof it to your house for a movie night. Or just bike to theirs.

mlouden03 - Wait your turn. You'll get talked to when I'm good and ready. And you tripled it by chance. But what happens more often is that somebody thinks something is good, buys into it, and it flops.

Cris - I was using a grammatical device. Sarcasm.

i didnt think you would respond rikko....and really your points arnt valid. you care about trees while other dont. you dont care about pokemon but others do. sure you could go on a walk but going on the same route or walking alot can get boring...and again people not like nature walks or fishing or hunting or any other thing you may bring up...where was i going with this...

ANYWAY it can pay for itself. if you go buy 10 boosters for 40 dollars then get home and pull a lux x then you just almost (maybe) doubled how much you spent so you just got payed back and then made 40 dollars while you are at it.

amunition.....what? that is a necessity and really we were talking about EXCESSIVE amounts of clothing do you really need 30 different shirts....no you dont. yes if you are a fire man and are going into a burning building then you would need a flame resistant vest but...most of us arnt fire men so we dont need that.

and some people dont like killing animals....or eating meat.....think for once.

now excuse me...im going to go buy a tangrowth theme deck :p

AdrianSkyline - You didn't really make a direct point there that I need an apologetix defense for.

Also, bringing me to another thought. Have any of you noticed that I have been solely using an aplogetix defense, while you use.... how to put it.... an ill-prepared offense.

Welcome to Capitalism.

Everything costs money. All hobbies cost money and if you want to argue that, I honestly don't care. We spend money on things that make us happy.
Not all of us care about spending so much money on a single card either. To me, there's no point in spending $90 on a single card but $4 for a random assortment now and then? There's nothing wrong with that. ALL trading card games are like that. Every. Single. One. Of. Them. It's hilarious how you're pointing that out to just Pokemon when they're not the only ones doing it.

I'm late to the party so my points have already all been stated so I suppose there's no point in rambling on about the idiocy of the points you brought up.

You're looking like a troll more than anything sir looking to laugh at us with our answers.

catutie - What is more likely to happen is that you'll buy 40 bucks in packs, go home, and pull garbage you'll sell for bulk. Sounds a lot more probable. And I also believe vegetarians are.... unwise. They don't make use of all their resources and often lack in protein, leading to very frail bodies, improper development, and other illnesses, because many do not know how to properly substitute meat in their diets. Nor are they using their money for food wisely.

Your right cost is the first thing you should look at. Except your not going to buy it if you know you can't afford to or if you know you shouldn't get it at that moment, again it's all about self control. You won't get buy it if you can't afford to get it. BTW were "hoofing" at my for movie night lol.

Kraai - Do not explain capitalism to me. I have already talked to a recruiter and will be a United States Soldier. I know the system well. I realize most things cost money. (MOST. Not all.) But you don't need to waste it. (Pokemon) and get nothing back. Use your allowance to buy some seeds. Plant the seeds and buy a bike from the money you get from the fruit. Get a paper route with the bike. Save your money and buy a car from the paper route money. Then graduate, use all leftover money to go to college, go off scholarships and savings, then get a real career. That's the smart thing. But no, you'll still sit in the same spot, play pokemon, and avoid financial progress.

Please clarify your last sentence. "Hoofing it" is an expression for walking somewhere instead of using an alternate method of transportation.

It was skill not luck that led me to make a profit. I knew Uxie X would increase as the only consistent draw engine after claydoll was rotated after they announced md-on format. I got a near mint uxie x, 20 psychic energies, 10 other random psychic holos and 50 some commons/uncommons (Including an Unown R and Q) for $35 Shipped on ebay..Also got a tin to hold them in.

its not that hard to pull at very expensive card...and yes every hobby will cost money...everything costs money in some way...and i forgot to mention....planting costs alot. the seeds (sure 10 cents but hey you usually have to buy alot) fetalizer, water, food, land.

Haha. Oh god. Really? So you're saying there's no point in having a hobby in life and I should focus completely on getting an education, that in my country, doesn't tend to matter towards anything from my own personal experiences?
(A friend of mine who never even graduated High School is making just as much as another friend of mine who has a college degree.)

Haha. Say it all again. It amuses me so Mr.Troll.

Somebody please, ban this hypocrite. After reading his points it's obvious that he's only spewing the same things over and over to try and annoy people and prove his skewed point and reality.

Azelf Master - I addressed these types of posts in the original post and are therefor not worth my time to re-answer.

mlouden03 - Oh, yes. I believe you. I don't think you just made a lucky buy. *Sarcasm, for those who cannot identify it.*

catutie - I own a private pond, stream, field, and ditch. Plus 20+ acres of land with areas of dense woodland and a few with open terrain. And we get a lot of precipitation. Last time I checked, I don't feed my trees. They get nutrients from the soil, and the shift of the natural soil due to washout, dead organisms, etc. keeps the soil fertilized. I think I got it covered, using only the natural environment.

Looks like my work is done here. Rikko145 can't give me anymore counters! :p

AdrianSkyline - Last time I checked, the earth hasn't changed its cycles since the 50's. And believe it or not, not all of us are afraid of hard work.

Kraai - No. I'm saying have inexpensive hobbies that don't sap your finances like pokemon does. It's nothing but a leech on your wallet, so to speak.

....yes....and how far back did those acres of land and ponds and stream put you back....exactly....

#1Weavile - I've made my money for the day. But yes, actually. I've got another window pulled up on which I'm selling items.

Cris - I've answered the exact thing you said last a few times now. I don't make it a habit to repeat myself, contrary to what many incompetant minds think.

They've been paid for. They were a very wise investment. The land is rich because I border two fields, woods, and a wildlife park.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back