Finished PokeBeach Mafia 50: Fray at the Beach - Game Over - Claim Your Prizes and Vote!

Status
Not open for further replies.
##Vote: Mariano

If you actually have the ability you claim to, you wouldn't be giving up now. I'm going to call your bluff here and now.

D9 Vote Count [FINAL/#3]
Mariano11887: 3 | Luispipe8 [#1911-#1921], Robin Aisaga [#1930], Luispipe8 [#1937], quakingpunch73 [#1941]
Robin Aisaga: 1 | Mariano11887 [#1940]

No votes:
Luispipe8, Mariano11887, quakingpunch73

Majority: 3 votes
Hours remaining: none - lynch by hammer!
Past vote counts: [#1], [#2]
Note: This vote count does show decreased or increased vote weights, if any.

Day 9 Ends!

"This is it. I know who the last Mischief Maker is."

"How can you be so sure?"

"Well, what are the other choices?"

"...You?"

The beach-goers collectively decided that Mariano1187 was to be lynched. But... they survived!

Night 9 Begin!
Night 9 ends in 24.5 hours, on 06:00 Tuesday, 8 April (UTC +0).
Click [this countdown] for the exact deadline end in your timezone.

I did say that Day 9 would be our last Day Phase. However, there is a chance - incredibly minute as it is - that we could proceed into a Day 10, and to be completely fair and unbiased on all accounts, it would be most appropriate for us to enter and process a Night 9. =P

If you have an action available to you, do please submit it still!

Night 9 ends!

Slowpoke, the lone Mischief Maker, lined up his final targets. Caution was absolutely necessary. Success depended on whether or not the innocent beachgoers had claimed their species truthfully, unlike him. Problem? There was no way that could be guaranteed. Perhaps he was wrong about this? Perhaps they were trying to make him feel cocky and relaxed? Perhaps this was nothing more than an elaborate setup?

Never matter. Slowpoke wasn't the one to overthink things, and now wasn't the time to start.

Mariano11887
was killed during the night. They were:

You are Wailord, and you’re aligned with the Innocent Beachgoers. People mock you a lot––not for your size, as some might expect, but from your strange habit of floating away for no apparent reason. Well, you do have a reason. It just so happens that you’re less dense than air, which thanks to those annoying laws of physics, means that you occasionally drift a bit. Truth be told, it can be a bit overwhaleming.

Passive Ability: Really Really Big
You’re really really big. It takes a lot more to kill you than it might for a lesser Pokémon. Once in the game, if you would be lynched or if someone would make an attempt on your life, you will survive the attack (and not die).

Win Condition: Eliminate the Mischief Makers.

quakingpunch73 had also been killed! They were:

You are Absol, and you’re aligned with the Innocent Beachgoers. You live way up in the mountains, and you don’t come down to the beach much. For some reason, people don’t like you much. Must be all those natural disasters you told them were going to destroy their homes and families.

Active Ability: Future Sight
You can see things that other Pokémon can’t, but not always at the opportune moment. Each Night Phase, you may PM me the name of a Pokemon. After two Night Phases have passed (including this one), it will be announced publicly in that Night Update whether or not that Pokemon exists in the game, and if so, what that Pokemon’s alignment currently is. If you use this Ability, you must wait until your results are announced before you may use it again.

Someone had scrawled “ABSOL” onto quakingpunch's body in shaky handwriting.

The beach was now in the Mischief Maker's control. But there was one more Pokemon to exterminate: Luispipe has been killed! They were:

You are Barbaracle, and you’re aligned with the Innocent Beachgoers. You may be all thumbs, but you can still be really handy to have around. You’re an old hand at this, with real firsthand experience at dealing with thugs like those darn Mischief Makers––plus, you know this beach like the back of your hand.

Active Ability: The Upper Hand
You’re very tolerant, but sometimes people just force your hand. Each Night Phase, you may PM me the name of a living player. If that player is holding an Item, you will take it off their hands for them. You will not steal an Item if you were holding it during the previous Night Phase, and you can’t steal more than one Item in this way. (Which Item you steal, if more than one, will be determined randomly.)

Slowpoke then revealed his true self, for the very first time. Robin Aisaga has survived until the end of the game! He was:

You are Slowpoke, and you’re aligned with the Mischief Makers. You kinda just wandered into that dim grotto by accident, and you’re not totally sure why you’re still here. Guess you’re in it for the long haul now, huh?

Passive Ability: Secret Chat :O
All you Mischief Makers decided beforehand that it would be good to set up a means of communication to discuss your plans with each other during all hours of the day and night. Good thing you did, eh? You will be sent that secret chat link in a separate post.

Passive Ability: Rain of Terror
There’s a belief in some regions that whenever a Slowpoke yawns, it rains. Most of the beachgoers probably don’t believe in it, but boy won’t they be surprised! If you are lynched, everyone will stay inside, out of the rain, and the next Day Phase will be skipped.

LOCKED Ability: Psychic Evolution
[Unlocks if you come into possession of the King’s Rock]

Win Condition: Achieve parity or better with the Innocent Beachgoers.

GAME OVER!
Congratulations Mischief Makers for winning the game! It was a tough and grueling battle, and a close one for that matter!

The Mischief Makers were: Anime Psyclone, GM Draclord, pikachuuuu101, Robin Aisaga, simsands and Yog

I'll be posting my thoughts on the game in a separate post, as well as details on the prizes distributions. For the meanwhile, have all the external chats and master documents that were part of this game:

Master Document (Roles): this one~ [this includes details on unused Items and locked Abilities]
Master Spreadsheet (Actions): click here! [sorry about the cryptic shorthand :p]

The Mischief Maker's QT: [part 1], [part 2]
Latios' and Latias' QT: [Bond of Eons]
Mimikyu's QT: [The Conversationalist]
The Dead Player's QT: [The Dead Place]

Last edited:
Do you know of that secluded beach in Pokémon Sun & Moon that is occupied by Slowpokes, this is that beach now!!!

288006_SLOWPOKE_BEACH.png

Formal thanks coming later :D I'm going to check the dead chat now!

btw, @simsands has not showed himself since April 13th, but let's not forget he was also a part of the scum team, I hope he's alright...

Congrats Robin, ... and sorry pikachu Im pretty much want to sacrifice you as long ad it could kept the others alive.

Well, congratulations, Mischief Makers! Wasn’t my best game in terms of my personal performance, but it was still fun to take part! Hey, I did help catch one scummer, anyways.

The flavor text was great, and I really liked my role not just for the functionality but also for the character Toxapex assumed. Now GET OFF MAH BEACH, YA GOSHDARN HOODLUMS!

Haha wow, good work Robin, it got very hairy toward the end but never doubted you would come through :cool: Nicely played.

Thanks hosts too, I've never played a game with quite this much stuff going on, but it all worked well together.

Have a last post count
0TqVywS.png

Also I freaking knew that there was something up with Robin... But Suspecision never really were strong enough.
Oh well. I guess that shows how well he played. Congrats from my side.

I'm still surprised that I lived as long as I did. Usually i get suspecious fast and just get lynched. One of the reasons I don't really enjoy Mafia anymore. But this game wasn't too bad i think. It was ok to be a bit low on activity because of the big player count. So that was nice.

@bbninjas @Jabberwock
I had a lot of fun, I think this was my favourite mafia game so far! I also would've said that if we lost last minute (but between a lot of rage and whining) Anyway you guys successfully hosted a game with 27 players! Also I can say in advance that I'm not interested in any of the booster packs or other prizes since I don't play the PTCG online.

@Camoclone
Thank you for advising us, there were a few instances where we would've strayed off the path without your help. Like me still not knowing what an announcer is xD

@NinjaPenguin
REVENGE FOR FIGHT FOR THE FALLS!! Just kidding but it crossed my mind :p Btw I would love to play against you and Camoclone again sometime, so I hope you won't always be in the advisor role.

@Yog @GM DracLord @pikachuuuu101
Thanks for playing team! I'm specifically mentioning you guys since you helped out until your dead and I really couldn't have done it without you. Yog this is the first time I played with you and I think you're a really great player! You post a lot but still managed to become one of the towniest players! If it wasn't for the revenge kill I think we might've ended this together.

Pika sorry for using your tricky tactic vote on myself, after all it wasn't really good for anything...

@Tapu Lele
Lol I was just waiting for someone else to hammer DashKing, that or for the day to be over. But then you came in and I was like sheeeeeeeeee this is getting uncomfortable! So I decided to hammer anyway and use my created claim trump card.

@Jadethepokemontrainer
It looks like just after sending your message stating that I was town you realized I could be the last scum. Lol

@town
Anyway I really want to thank everyone for playing and sorry for lying so hard in your face.... Also it appears that everyone was honest about the Triplemo fiasco and that deserves a pat on the head!

Last edited:
If it wasn't for the revenge kill I think we might've ended this together.

I woulda lynched you in a heartbeat to buy that extra night! :v

5Y3ZulE.gif

Also @town, did anyone even notice my accidental first-post role-claim? I really thought the game was going to be a lot more roleplay-ish whoops. I also had an Araquanid signature & sign-off line alol.

rHdnupv.gif

*bubbles*​

I am known in my circles for aggressive day-one poke votes but this amount of shrapnel flying around is a bit ridiculous. It is going to be very hard to read between the lines here at all. I am doing a tally before I put a vote anywhere tyvm. On the plus side, it takes a hell of a lot of votes to hammer so no fear of that.

I woulda lynched you in a heartbeat to buy that extra night! :v

5Y3ZulE.gif

Also @town, did anyone even notice my accidental first-post role-claim? I really thought the game was going to be a lot more roleplay-ish whoops. I also had an Araquanid signature & sign-off line alol.
Glad town didn't notice that early if not you would have been lynched earlier.

I still can't believe the crazy stuff that's been happening -
  • triplemo votes for his own team and goes kamikazee
  • AP votes for his own team and gives up
  • simsands investigates AP and finds that he's mafia, but doesn't share his findings prominently with his own team
  • Pikachuu indeed voted for himself on Night 7, and voted for his own team on Night 6!
What in the world! Shoutout to the mafia team for persevering through all of this!

The last one was probably the most elaborate trick so far - the vote place on you @Robin Aisaga was the thing that threw me off your track. Although I picked it back up on my last night, I forgot to unvote before I went back to work :p

I was hoping that maybe someone would pick up where I left off after my death :shrug:

Anyways, good job everyone! I've been rooting for the final town in the dead chat and frustratingly tried everything I could to help. Unfortunately, Robin came in possession of the Soul Dew on the last day, and faked the messages in from the chat. The one faked from me was pretty low tier -- I wouldn't reference messages that never existed!

What I really posted through the soul dew was:
"DARNIT MARIANO! WHY DID YOU KILL ME >>:mad:
HE SHOULD BE KILLED AND ROBBED OF HIS DIGNITY
AAAAARRRRHGHGH526F62696E3D5363756D!!!!!1!
NO MERCY!!!"

Blaming Mariano was my only possible way of getting a message through. But this was once again hex for "Robin=scum". It also detailed the instructions on how to kill him too, but Robin must have saw through it or just was set on posting no more messages from the dew that day.

I originally came in as a sub just to help make things better after the Triplemo Fiasco. I saw what trouble was caused, and I'd hate for a whole month of hard work to just go down the drain. That said, I never expected this level of gameplay

This has been the most fun I've ever had on a forum, hands down. Maybe too much fun - I got a little carried away on the posting and somehow posted more than any other person according to Mirdo's Post count. It's addicting - more than facebook, coffee, and sugar combined.

Anyways, thank you all for being such great players! This has been a great experience for me, and I hope to come back in the future!

@Tapu Lele
No haha I didn't see through that and I actually believed it was from one of my teammates! I planned to use it if I was about to be lynched and replace Mariano with my name ...then I would be like: even the dead chat thinks that I'm scum now :'(

That would've been a huge mistake though!

Anyway thank host, It's been so long since I played in this large game in PokeBeach.

To all the new players, I hope you guys stay around and play some more.
Please forgive us oldies if we simply voted you guys off early.

Woo what a game
First of all thank you to the hosts you ran this game amazingly
And second of all GG to the scum team you guys played really well and it ended up coming down to how you could pull off one final trick but i’d lile to know...
What was the name kill? I’m assuming it was a factional ability but I’d like to confirm that
And what was your reaction when I immediately called it
well done town we played well but clearly not well enough to get all of them
Thank you to the dead without you I probably wouldn’t have gone for Yog with my death ability and Tapu’s reaction when they first saw me post the command was hilarious
I’ll definitely be taking what I learned here into future games GG all good luck in future mafia games...see you soon Sim!

Woo what a game
First of all thank you to the hosts you ran this game amazingly
And second of all GG to the scum team you guys played really well and it ended up coming down to how you could pull off one final trick but i’d lile to know...
What was the name kill? I’m assuming it was a factional ability but I’d like to confirm that
And what was your reaction when I immediately called it
well done town we played well but clearly not well enough to get all of them
Thank you to the dead without you I probably wouldn’t have gone for Yog with my death ability and Tapu’s reaction when they first saw me post the command was hilarious
I’ll definitely be taking what I learned here into future games GG all good luck in future mafia games...see you soon Sim!

Name Kill is our factional kill not part of our actual ability
Personally for me, someone would notice either way I just hope no one really took it seriously

Hey town! I just want to give you some pointers for how you could have gotten them this time!

The first thing is pretty simple. You all figured out by Day 2 that claiming your role name could and would get you killed. Yet you still did it! It would have been so much easier to just censor your role name in your claims with XXXXX, but almost every single one of you committed this simple mistake which went a huge way towards dooming the town. (Also, it would have been great if one of you replaced the role name you claimed with a decoy just to mess up the scum. ;))

Secondly, and I've noticed this is a quite systemic problem on this site, nobody besides Mariano looked back through the thread with all the information we've learned! Posts that don't look scummy in this past take on a whole different meaning when you see how a player such as Robin buddied with scum so much and made light pushes on townies that you had completely forgotten about. You also had a town wagon that scum pushed through over a scum wagon, which is a really great way of revealing alignment. When the town loses on this site, the majority of the time it was because they went on a role hunt and tried to predict the host, instead of go on a scum hunt.

Thirdly, most of your mislynches were players that were acting strangely, but not scummy. Sure, Dash's actions in general didn't help the town very much, but how much did they hurt them either? Consider that Pikachuuu, with a very similar playstyle, still ended up on the lynches of tons of townies and never those of scum. I think in general Dash's lynch really destroyed you, as I would think the best location to look for a good lynch in that circumstance was on the Samwise wagon, where both Robin and Mariano ended up (Mariano really wasn't a bad lynch at all; he ended up being almost an honorary scum with his reads the whole game.)

Finally, there was a ton of sub-optimal role usage by players. For example, if Mariano had just looked back a bit earlier, he wouldn't have given that pesky Focus Sash to Robin, when almost surely one of them had to be lynched that day (Luis looked very townie for outing scum with the Soul Dew). Try to keep your actions consistent with your reads and use them in ways that can best catch scum. Often, a bit of creativity in your night action usage goes a long way towards winning the game.

I'm still really proud of you guys for taking it as far as you did, so congrats! I hope to see all of you again!
And mad props to BB and Jabber for excellent game design and hosting! You two really made this game shine, so congratulations!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back