Finished PokeBeach Mafia 50: Fray at the Beach - Game Over - Claim Your Prizes and Vote!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a remainder that this will be the last Day Phase. One of the teams will lose today (or tonight), and the other will win.

Do remember that the majority is a mere 3 votes. This means that hasty voting could result in an early hammer!

Last edited:
Uh @bbninjas aren't we with 4 players left? Me, Mariano, Luispipe and Quakingpunch?

Well even if we have 1 more player we have to be extremely careful. No voting until we have thoroughly discussed who to lynch. I don't want this to end up like the previous Mafia game (Fight for the Falls) where I had carelessly put my vote on Megapod, I was so sure he was the only option, I didn't even question NinjaPenguin because I didn't see it coming that an indie got the win condition from the mafia added. All NP had to do was agree with me and place a vote.

@Mariano11887 @quakingpunch73 A full role claim is definitely required now.

I'm in possession of the Soul Dew and Focus Sash btw.

Here's my role:
You are Absol, and you’re aligned with the Innocent Beachgoers. You live way up in the mountains, and you don’t come down to the beach much. For some reason, people don’t like you much. Must be all those natural disasters you told them were going to destroy their homes and families.

Active Ability: Future Sight
You can see things that other Pokémon can’t, but not always at the opportune moment. Each Night Phase, you may PM me the name of a Pokemon. After two Night Phases have passed (including this one), it will be announced publicly in that Night Update whether or not that Pokemon exists in the game, and if so, what that Pokemon’s alignment currently is. If you use this Ability, you must wait until your results are announced before you may use it again.

Win Condition: Eliminate the Mischief Makers.

Ok, now that this is the last Day of the game, I can claim without drawbacks because I couldn't do what I wanted with my role. Here it is:
You are Wailord, and you’re aligned with the Innocent Beachgoers. People mock you a lot––not for your size, as some might expect, but from your strange habit of floating away for no apparent reason. Well, you do have a reason. It just so happens that you’re less dense than air, which thanks to those annoying laws of physics, means that you occasionally drift a bit. Truth be told, it can be a bit overwhaleming.

Passive Ability: Really Really Big
You’re really really big. It takes a lot more to kill you than it might for a lesser Pokémon. Once in the game, if you would be lynched or if someone would make an attempt on your life, you will survive the attack (and not die).

Win Condition: Eliminate the Mischief Makers.
I wanted to be night killed, so we could win more time to lynch scum and their night kill was wasted. Now you see the reason why I didn't want to claim before?

Another thing: I had the Focus Sash and passed it to Robin last night. That means lynching Robin is not an option today.

Wait, I just remembered this:
The skies open up to depict a vision, and somehow - mysteriously - the beachgoers know deep down that the vision is accurate and true. The Pokemon Absol is in the game, and is aligned with the Innocent Beachgoers!
bb confirmed that Absol is town, so that leaves only one option: Luis!

I wanted to be night killed, so we could win more time to lynch scum and their night kill was wasted. Now you see the reason why I didn't want to claim before?

If you wanted to be night killed why didn't you claim a powerful ability? I can see why you didn't want to claim before, your ability proves in no way that you are town.

I've gotten results from the Soul Dew, I wasn't sure if it was a good idea to share them but I don't want to hide anything either:

''This is Tapu Lele, I watched Robin tonight he targeted me and lord, good luck''

The REAL Tapu Lele here ^ this message is from Yog. I used my ability on Lorde last night but I have not gotten any results since we were both killed. Be cautious of any message that is supposedly coming from me, scum is using my name.
Quakingpunch is scum announcer

- The mole
PLEASE ignore everything the Soul Dew gives you

The second message sounds a bit crazy. I believe Quaking and Luis but I'm not sure of Mariano anymore. Luis what do you think?

If you wanted to be night killed why didn't you claim a powerful ability?
I said that I had a powerful ability yesterday, trying to convince scum to kill me. I could not claim a fake powerful ability because it wouldn't align with the "You sit around and do nothing", it was pretty obvious that I couldn't do anything.
I can see why you didn't want to claim before, your ability proves in no way that you are town.
I didn't claim because if scum knows that I'm unkillable, they will target someone else. And I never said "Look at my ability, it's very townie", but it's what I've got.

Regarding the Soul Dew messages, I think we can't trust them anymore. It was helpful at some moments, but not now.

Wait a minute.
I think I either nailed it or that I reminded @bbninjas of something, but... there's would be only one reason we're playing. BECAUSE THE LAST SCUM //CAN// BE KILLED TODAY.
But, think about it:
If Robin was scum, he'd survive the day no matter what, he'd kill 2 players and just win.
If Mariano's claim is true and he's scum, he'd survive the day, he'd kill 2 players and just win.
I know for a fact that I'm not scum, and I believe I've proven likewise.
And Quaking's claim is 99,9999% confirmed.

So, the only way Town can win is that Mariano's claim is FALSE.

If Robin is scum then we lost the moment Mariano gave him the sash and we shouldn't be playing at all.
I'm not going to question Quaking's claim, tbh... Only a Janitor role would have worked for him to be scum; but the Ability's result, that we know Absol is in the game early on, just backs up his claim.
AND I'M WELL AWARE THAT LEAVES ME AS AN OPTION and trust me, I don't like it. But I've proven my alignment enough times already.
So Mariano's lynch is the only way. I just don't see any other out.
And if Robin's mafia we just lost and bb should call game end ASAP.

##VOTE: Mariano11887
To me this is the only viable way for us to win; or at least until bb calls the game is over.

Let's hope I'm right. Otherwise I'm seriously confused as to how we can reach our win-con if Mafia is unkillable.

Wait a minute.
I think I either nailed it or that I reminded @bbninjas of something, but... there's would be only one reason we're playing. BECAUSE THE LAST SCUM //CAN// BE KILLED TODAY.
But, think about it:
If Robin was scum, he'd survive the day no matter what, he'd kill 2 players and just win.
If Mariano's claim is true and he's scum, he'd survive the day, he'd kill 2 players and just win.
I know for a fact that I'm not scum, and I believe I've proven likewise.
And Quaking's claim is 99,9999% confirmed.

So, the only way Town can win is that Mariano's claim is FALSE.

If Robin is scum then we lost the moment Mariano gave him the sash and we shouldn't be playing at all.
I'm not going to question Quaking's claim, tbh... Only a Janitor role would have worked for him to be scum; but the Ability's result, that we know Absol is in the game early on, just backs up his claim.
AND I'M WELL AWARE THAT LEAVES ME AS AN OPTION and trust me, I don't like it. But I've proven my alignment enough times already.
So Mariano's lynch is the only way. I just don't see any other out.
And if Robin's mafia we just lost and bb should call game end ASAP.

##VOTE: Mariano11887
To me this is the only viable way for us to win; or at least until bb calls the game is over.

Let's hope I'm right. Otherwise I'm seriously confused as to how we can reach our win-con if Mafia is unkillable.
I thought we were not voting anyone until we all discussed who to lynch, that's the only reason I haven't voted you yet...
I agree with all you are saying, but changing my name with yours and viceversa.

But I've proven my alignment enough times already.
You haven't proved anything. In fact, the days we mislynched town people, you happily joined the wagon.

Guys, I think the thing here is clear.
  • Robin can't be lynched and, as Luis said, if he is the last scum we should already lose the game because he is unkillable due to the Focus Sash.
  • quaking is confo town due to his Absol role.
Yes, the last scum is between Luis and me, so Robin and quaking, the game is in your hands. Unfortunately I don't think I'll have time to build a full case on Luis in these 48 hours (will try though), but I can answer all the questions you may have.

I thought we were not voting anyone until we all discussed who to lynch, that's the only reason I haven't voted you yet...

Well, my vote won't go on myself. I've no one else to vote assuming the game isn't over already.

I agree with all you are saying, but changing my name with yours and viceversa.

That's what I don't like.
My Ability has been proven a lot but that's not indicative of my alignment. But yay, a few players thought that me saying "poison" was a direct scumtell! [/sarcasm]

You haven't proved anything. In fact, the days we mislynched town people, you happily joined the wagon.

Literally speaking, only twice. Considering, of course, that Goomy was anti-town with all his gibberish. But tell me: haven't you?

Actually, let's look at both of us' final votes:

D1: Luis -> Pika (S), FAP -> Goomy (T). Tyler Lynched.
D2: Luis -> Goomy (T), FAP -> No vote. Goomy Lynched.
D3: Luis -> A_P (T), FAP -> No vote. A_P Lynched.
D4: Luis -> Simsands (S, 1352), Mariano -> Simsands (S, 1374) Sim Lynched.
D5: Luis -> Drac (S, 1682[+Unvote Sam]), Mariano -> Samwise (T, 1699). Sam Lynched.
D6: Luis -> Drac (S, 1753), Mariano -> Drac (S, 1789). Drac Lynched.
D7: Luis -> Pika (S, 1815) , Mariano -> Pika (S, 1809). Pika Lynched.
D8: Luis -> Dash (T, 1883), Mariano -> Dash (T, 1881). Dash Lynched.

S= Scum Flip, T= Town Flip, numbers are the post numbers, when relevant.
You'll have to deal with FAP's votes. There's no other way, it's "you" one way or another.

D1: Since Day 1 I stated I had a hunch on Pika. And eventually it turned out to be scum. FAP, in the end, voted for Goomy. There's your first town vote.
D2: I voted for Goomy for the reasons I stated A LOT on both him and triplemo: his anti-town behavior. And I'd do it again if I had. Unlike you, that casted no vote at all.
D3: A_P might have been my "wagon" vote you're hastily talking about, and of course I made a mistake. But also did the rest of the town players that voted for him. When you, like the day before, didn't cast a vote.
D4: We both voted for Simsands. However, my vote came at least a page before yours, and you only voted for him in the last instances because let's face it: you had no other choice.
D5: I first went towards Sam, but eventually I unvoted him and went for Drac instead. A scum. In the other hand, your final vote was actually on Sam, a townie.
If I was scum, why would I change my vote to one of my partners? And not only that, but also give away all of the Soul Dew's hints towards him? If they were forged or fake, we would have gotten a message already, warning that I framed him for townie points, but of course that didn't happen.
D6: Same case as Simsands. My vote was extremely early in comparison to yours. 36 posts apart, to be precise. You voted for Drac because the Soul Dew's hints were all against him and defending him would have been obvious.
D7: My vote on Pika was 6 posts later than yours... which was the first vote? Your only shot at winning was lynching Pika so you went ahead and threw him under the bus.
D8: We both voted for Dash, and my vote was also later than yours. And ohhh, look: another townie vote from you!

Talking raw numbers, we both "Lynched" 3 towns.
But considering:
a) one of my votes was pro-town by lynching Goomy
b) You didn't contribute with a vote on 2 straight days
Those 2 points shift the case towards you.

And this post is not really a case against you. But if you're going to point fingers at me then at the very least make sure your other hand is clean.

Unfortunately I don't think I'll have time to build a full case on Luis in these 48 hours (will try though)

Please do, I beg you.
Find something relevant about me.
Besides the voting patterns of course. And don't bother including the "poison" fiasco; I already said I'm done talking about it (and don't forget Yog was who first brought it up, so... >.>)

I'm going to tell you something Luis: you are a good player. And if you end up convincing Robin and quaking, and leading scum to victory, you will have all my congratulations :).

Let's try to respond to your accusations:
D1: Since Day 1 I stated I had a hunch on Pika. And eventually it turned out to be scum. FAP, in the end, voted for Goomy. There's your first town vote.
D2: I voted for Goomy for the reasons I stated A LOT on both him and triplemo: his anti-town behavior. And I'd do it again if I had. Unlike you, that casted no vote at all.
D3: A_P might have been my "wagon" vote you're hastily talking about, and of course I made a mistake. But also did the rest of the town players that voted for him. When you, like the day before, didn't cast a vote.
First of all, I'm not responsible for FPA's actions. And remember that the reason I subbed in was because of his inactivity, so you can't use the "you didn't cast a vote" as an argument to indicate I'm scum.

D4: We both voted for Simsands. However, my vote came at least a page before yours, and you only voted for him in the last instances because let's face it: you had no other choice.
D4 was when I subbed in. While a was a simple spectator, I was thinking that TE was scum and went after him as soon as we had the 24 hours extension. And guess what... You bandwagoned. I never opposed to sim's lynch, but I proposed TE because I was reading him scummier.

D5: I first went towards Sam, but eventually I unvoted him and went for Drac instead. A scum. In the other hand, your final vote was actually on Sam, a townie.
If I was scum, why would I change my vote to one of my partners? And not only that, but also give away all of the Soul Dew's hints towards him? If they were forged or fake, we would have gotten a message already, warning that I framed him for townie points, but of course that didn't happen.
Yes, my final vote was on Sam. Can you actually say that he wasn't behaving scummy? I don't think so. You are forgetting that when Sam said he was 100% sure Drac was scum, I stated that I'd choose Drac (and voted him) over Sam. I switched my vote back to Sam when he said it was because of that note signed by "The mole", which I found ridiculous at that moment. Yeah, he was right after all, I assume my fault here.

Sorry, I can't finish my answer right now, I need to head to university. I'll continue with this tomorrow.

I'm going to tell you something Luis: you are a good player.
Well, thank you! Hehe means a lot being my first game in a huge hiatus :p
And if you end up convincing Robin and quaking, and leading scum to victory, you will have all my congratulations :).
HAH. Saw what you did there. Not falling for it, mate. Reverse psychology at its finest.
I'm not responsible for FPA's actions. And remember that the reason I subbed in was because of his inactivity, so you can't use the "you didn't cast a vote" as an argument to indicate I'm scum.
I understand but, sadly, whether it's fair or not, you /are/ responsible.
Let's say triplemo wasn't modkilled but subbed out. He acted scummy af. So, when judging the sub, we wouldn't be able to pin scummy behavior to him?
When you sub in you literally step in the past players' shoes, regardless if they're minty-clean or outright muddy.
I was thinking that TE was scum and went after him as soon as we had the 24 hours extension. And guess what... You bandwagoned.
Agreed there. T_E's behavior was weird. But your vote towards simsands, now confo-scum, came later than most votes.
Can you actually say that he wasn't behaving scummy? I don't think so.
No, I cannot. But again, my main point from that post was to clarify that you were accusing me of something that you did as well; intentions clear or not.
I'll continue with this tomorrow.
Sure. Although it'd be better of earlier, so we can all see it with enough time :p

WAIT
Robin can still be scum, then, if he can die when targeted!
If he kills 2 people but he dies as well during the night, then we'd win because we'd have 1 player still alive, right?
That'd mean it's not over yet!

BTW, where was Robin's claim, now that I think of it?

Both the Mischief Makers and the Innocent Beachgoers have a chance to win this game still.

D9 Vote Count [#1]
Mariano11887: 1 | Luispipe8 [#1911]

No votes:
Mariano11887, quakingpunch73, Robin Aisaga

Majority: 3 votes
Hours remaining: 36 hours [countdown]
Past vote counts: none
Note: This vote count does not show decreased or increased vote weights, if any.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back