Finished PokeBeach Mafia 50: Fray at the Beach - Game Over - Claim Your Prizes and Vote!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok there have been some people who haven’t been active recently and I’m going to tag them (if you have been active then I apologize I wasn’t paying attention)
@simsands @DashKing @Luispipe8 @Professor_jplap
Who do you guys think are scummiest right now like top 3 or 4

While I never posted a top scum list, I think I made it pretty clear that my scum reads were PMJ, Goomy and Pika. Though with two of those flipped town, I will have to go back and rethink my reads...

Well i couldn't find anything else on him of consequence, But @simsands now that we know PMJ was town what are your thoughts?

I have to somewhat agree on the case made on mirdo yesterday - he was at multiple occasions asked to share his thoughts but refused to do so.

The TLS case was very weak.

Gekki ignoring the game seems out of character.

Leaning Mafia
Luispipe8 - Potential godfather backseat driver of maf-helpful lynches.

To be honest, I was thinking the same thing. He's been around, but I really haven't been able to get a good read on him. I'll have to go back and look through his posts when I have the time.

@Anime Psyclone You said you were going to make a case on Pika today. You did post some thoughts near the end of day 2, but are you planning on doing something in more detail today?

Guys, calm down. I'm a slow writer. You don't need to continously tag me to get me to answer :p

ISO on Simsands including his most recent ones
Welcome back Luis, haven't seen you around for a while!

##VOTE: the announcer Luispipe8

Don't worry, I don't eat seagulls.
However, town with important roles don't normally start off very aggressively and then quiet down, they tend to stay low from the start. His change is behavoir makes it seem more likely that he's been told to keep his head low.
I'll have to apologize for my lack of activity during day 1. I'll do my best to try to be a bit more active...

Since I wasn't around for the second half of the day, here's some thoughts on what went down:

Yesterday, most of the focus went on Dusk Form Lycanroc, Lord Goomy, Anime Psyclone and pikachuuuu101 (and Tyler).

Both DFL and Goomy, I'm reading as genuine newbie town. They don't seem scummy to me.

pika got some attention later on during the day for jumping on the Tyler wagon without any reasoning, but was able to provide some reasons when asked shortly afterwards. I don't necessarily see this as scummy, but it could be if A, Goomy is also scum, or B, one of his scum buddies started the Tyler wagon.

I also noticed that triplemo did the same thing after I had tagged him (voted someone without reasoning), so some pressure there could probably be useful.

There is also one other player who I'm reading as scum, who I want to look into. Today is probably not good, but I'll try to get the time to read back tomorrow.
##VOTE: @triplemo

Who do you think is scum?
He starts off the day in a regular PMJ fashion, "don't care who gets lynched as long as it isn't me".

He then follows up with a bunch of weak posts, mostly host related.

Towards the end of the day, he suddenly starts pushing for a new target. This strikes me as odd, as he was already voting Goomy, who out of all the players would've given the most amount of info going into day 2. Looking back at his vote on Goomy, it was mostly a push to get Goomy to start properly defending himself. The shift to Tyler looks like an attempt to steer votes away from Goomy, after scattered provided him with the opportunity.

And then we get to this contradiction/backpedal. This is where my scum alarm went off. He was called out for it, but never responded.

He has since been missing for the entirety of day 2, which is where he would usually start showing up for real. He has definitely been watching the thread, so lurking?

In summary:
  • Uncharacteristic pushing of new players
  • Looks to be defending Goomy
  • Contradiction/backpedal
  • Lurking?
I previously mentioned the possibility that pika moved his vote because he saw his scumbuddy do the same. This also explains the contradiction/backpedal on pika. My suggestion is a PMJ/Goomy/pika scumteam.

##UNVOTE
##VOTE: PMJ

You should only claim if the benefits of you claiming outweighs the downsides of scum knowing your role.

Both of the other two are scum reads based on the idea that PMJ is scum. I mentioned earlier in the day that I wasn't even considering Goomy being scum, only turning into a scum read after noticing the connections with PMJ.
This is so scummy, wth.

##UNVOTE
##VOTE: triplemo
At the time of the first post, I was reading Goomy as town. If you finish reading my thoughts on Pika, you can see me hinting at the fact that I suspected one of you two, who started the push on Tyler. I was at that point not thinking of the first scenario as likely, only listing it as a possibility. I was however considering the second scenario as a somewhat likely possibility.

It was first when I then posted my case on PMJ, that I noticed the connections linking PMJ with Goomy. This further strengthened my beliefs, as suddenly both scenarios explaining Pika's vote became probable.

Let me rephrase my thoughts on the chain of events:
  • PMJ was voting Goomy, since Goomy was likely to be lynched, and this is what town PMJ would have done.
  • His vote however, felt more like he was trying to get Goomy to defend himself, rather than actually wanting to lynch him.
  • An opportunity to lynch someone else, ie. Tyler is presented, and PMJ switches his vote.
  • Pika joins the bandwagon, and PMJ calls him out for the scummyness of his vote.
  • Other players think Pika is more scummy than Tyler and a wagon starts forming.
  • PMJ contradicts himself by calling out everyone who voted Pika, even though he apparently thought Pika was scummy.

@bbninjas Am I right in assuming that we can't lynch PMJ, since he's missing?

##VOTE: Lord Goomy

With his attitude, I don't see any other lynch happening today. It's a decent lynch, if he flips scum, we get some great leads, if he flips town, we still have leads going into day 3.

I disagree, he seemed to simply be voting whoever had the most attention at the moment, I could see one of the players he was voting for being his scumbuddy.
While I never posted a top scum list, I think I made it pretty clear that my scum reads were PMJ, Goomy and Pika. Though with two of those flipped town, I will have to go back and rethink my reads...

I have to somewhat agree on the case made on mirdo yesterday - he was at multiple occasions asked to share his thoughts but refused to do so.

The TLS case was very weak.

To be honest, I was thinking the same thing. He's been around, but I really haven't been able to get a good read on him. I'll have to go back and look through his posts when I have the time.

@Anime Psyclone You said you were going to make a case on Pika today. You did post some thoughts near the end of day 2, but are you planning on doing something in more detail today?
Guys, calm down. I'm a slow writer. You don't need to continously tag me to get me to answer :p

Ok, I finally caught up.
Well, after soe thinking and seeing how nothing in PMJ's role hinted at his dissapearance, I guess it's a plausible theory that PMJ saw triplemo's post throwing the mafia team in the bus and was a "default" nightkill? IDK, it's the only thing that could explain he was kinda silenced and now killed all of a sudden.

FOS on the people that went along with a Goomy lynch too obviously: TOTAL_EPICNESS [#672], Anime Psyclone [#675-#706], GM Draclord [#678], Dusk Form Lycanroc [#693], Luispipe8 [#695], simsands [#701]

Oh, easy there, I didn't "went along easily". The moment both him and triplemo started to act incompetent af (casually, literally one after the other) I jumped against them and my vote was on triplemo by the time his modkill happened. By the time I got back and saw the commotiong I just switched my vote to my other suspect. You can easily see my post tunnelling /both/ of them for their uselessness, that was of 0 help to us.

Leaning town
Robin Aisaga - 90% useful townie, 10% clever scummer
mordacazir - 90% town but needs to get back here and help out already.

mirdo - 80% probable town. Would like to see results of his spreadsheet tallies.
Dusk Form Lycanroc - 80% probable town, but new.
rainyman123 - 80% town. Needs to get back online.
scattered mind - 79% probable town. Although, bloody suspicious too. Most suss of set.
N.B. In this group of four^ If one Mafia, then the other three unlikely. Because ~reasons~, that's why.

GM Draclord - 70% town contributing a lot. Or vocal mafia.
Acetrainer_samwise - 70% Independent thinking and lack of herd-tactics point to town alignment.

Anime Psyclone - 60% newbie town and seems to be helping. Important role? Awaiting case on Pikachuu. Pika & AP aren't *both* mafia.
Megapod_781 - 60% town. Quite helpful. Quite independent. Nothing hugely beneficial.
The Last Shaymin - 60% town. Caught a triplemo vote. But useless without activity.
pikachuuuu101 - 60% newbie townie. Caught a triplemo vote. Although, only when things were hitting the fan.

I'm going to repeat myself as long as possible. Be REALLY careful with who you call a "Town read". Someone from our faction was moved to the scum, so even our towniest player could have been turned.

Agree on both of simsands' statements here. I'm tempted to wait and see if Gekki is even still playing the game to give him some sort of reply right, but ATM he's my top lynchee. His behavior from what I've seen before is nowhere near this.

Leaning Mafia
Luispipe8 - Potential godfather backseat driver of maf-helpful lynches.

Read my first reply. While I haven't built any cases myself, I have been pushing hard for those who contributed squat. And that triplemo ended up scum proves I wasn't half wrong in my philosophy of policy lynching those that helped nothing to /at least/ try to find scum.

##VOTE: Mega_Pod

He has been on almost every wagon that has lead to town being lynched, and he contributes just enough to fly under the radar.

Anyway trying to stay inconspicuous jumping on wagons all very scummy activity.

I'm going to repeat myself as long as possible. Be REALLY careful with who you call a "Town read". Someone from our faction was moved to the scum, so even our towniest player could have been turned.

Actually true true. But that was my reads up to end of yesterday on paper anyways.

Also this point scuppers my one-in-four theory too.

To post something: Sorry I’ve been busy IRL and stuff, but here are soem short thoughts:
Yog seems town
Simsands is weird and leaning scum
Why was Goomy lynched? It was (for me) pretty much obvious he didnt have a clue for what he was doing aka town.
Why was PMJ killed? He was kinda suspicious and we should check on who he has voted/pressured.
I’ll make a real post tommorow and I havent read all the posts so my opinions mught change.

Ok right now these are my reads for scum
Sim: playing similarly to previous game in which he was scum bandwagoning pretty often
Jplap: wasn’t killed by name guess killer (I could be wrong on this so please if you have another theory regarding the name guessing please tell me)

Alright, I'm here right now!
Well that was a long old night. A better result than Night 1 at least, that ability is far from a game-changer to lose.

I am mostly irked this morning that people continued to push Goomy when he was someone that triplemo had name-dropped as a target. I read the posts about how he could have been the one to join the dark side but we were still playing against the odds to pursue that, when there were other better routes to follow.
So? Even though I thought that the Goomy lynch is stupid, triplemo wasn't really playing the game, and even then, his advisor could have directed him to vote Goomy.
The day was pretty much ending. From my point of view it was either Goomy or TLS. With Goomy being more active I were hoping we could salvage something atleast. But I don't see he him trying to defend much, it was like he plainly let himself be lynched IMO.
##Vote: Drac
So, you thought that Goomy was town when you voted for him?

Why are people claiming I bandwagoned? I provided plenty of reasons for Goomy being scum before my vote. Him flipping scum would have strengthened the case on PMJ, which wasn't going anywhere.

Sim: playing similarly to previous game in which he was scum bandwagoning pretty often

Also, what game are you talking about? Last time I was scum, day 1 I was pushing hard for not lynching Gekki, day 2 I initiated the lynch on bbninjas, and day 3 we had the town vote themselves out. Never once did I bandwagon that game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back