Finished PokeBeach Mafia 50: Fray at the Beach - Game Over - Claim Your Prizes and Vote!

Status
Not open for further replies.
To add to the TE case, notice how after saying sim is 100% scum he later said it was just a joke.

But to help out
Sim is a good lynch for the next night
His interactions with AP would tell us whether he is scum or not
Sim is probably scum in the first place just based on how he’s playing
If I die tonight remember this I am now 100% sure Sim is scum
As I said I’m 100% sure Sim is scum i’d Bet many things on it
Before I was around 80% sure Sim was scum but when he accused me for tunneling over saying one thing that’s when I thought it had to be true
ngl most of the stuff at the end of day 2 regarding sim was me trying to set up for today (and yes some of it was a joke)

Also, this is a very weird timing. No one talked about sim since a few pages from that quote's page.. so I wonder what made him post the last quote at all.

I hate that all the exciting stuff happens at 3am my time :rolleyes: Trying to make sense of all this.

First things first,

@DFL, I have school and don't get home until 3:00. Many days I have very little time after school. I am also new to the game and don't I can contribute helpful insight. When I think I can contribute I stay silent.

Don't even worry about it Dashking. Any thoughts that occur to you, you should write them down. As an earnest townie, everyone knows you are never going to be 100% accurate or even helpful. If you die and we then *know* you are town, you have at least left a trail we can work with. Much better than not writing anything at all.

So the only real definite in this hubbub is that TE is not good under pressure. That doesn't make him *definite* scum. Potentially scum sure, but I don't think this is a locked-case that warrants this drastic tide of change.

I said yesterday how weird it was that if Sim was scum, isn't it odd that no-one is pushing a different direction. So alternate theory for y'all, Sim is scum, and Mariano is his scumbuddy protecting him by pushing us TE's way. Some of the extra votes that avalanched in on TE are also mafia.

Some evidence;
##VOTE: LordGoomy

At this point, I think he is the most scummy. Ignoring various questions asked and having an odd reaction to having be voted on makes him suspicious. I've seen newer scum players, and he seems to me like the type.
This was Flvrfl's only real post of substance on Day 1. It comes practically on the same page where triplemo appeared, posted a vote for Goomy and vanished. Flvrfl does the exact same thing except with kinda echo-ey reasoning like everyone else had. Only triplmo being so scummy at the time meant he didn't get too much focus for it. He's been on my scum-dar ever since but was not worth pursuing with no activity.

And obviously that is Flvrful and not Mariano so not expecting a defense there. but Mariano since he arrived;
- First post; (vote is already 8:1 on Sim) - says his scum reads are Sim & TE (but does not cast a vote)
- next posts; pushes an ultimatum "if Sim is town TE is Mafia for sure!", this has the (possible) desired effect of other people looking at TE more closely
- next posts; cast some doubt on the Sim vote but not pushing TE this time, just enough to make people doubt the locked lynch
- posts that come after the 24hr extension: immediately comes out the gates swinging hard for TE.
- is followed with a pile-on of people removing their Sim votes, and also jumping on TE

Pile-on: Mariano, Samwise, QuakingPunch, Luis
Removers: TLS, Yog
TE-pressure but no vote: Robin

Note some of these people were hesitant to cast a Sim vote but jumped at the chance to vote TE.

TL:DR Theory: Mafia were grudgingly settling for losing their scumbuddy Sim, but the minute we got 24hrs extension they upped their gears to save him and take out TE

edit: TE-pressure but no vote: Robin *& Scattered Mind*

@simsands please explain your abilities relating to AP, we got a 24 hour extension especially so we can.

I am here today to change my vote when needed but for a while I'd be interested to see if a ##VOTE: Mariano gains any traction.

Ok let me explain myself
1: When I said “some of it was a joke” I was referring to when I did a speech on how if I die that night you will still lynch him if you find the quote you will know
2: when I said “I doubt they would let town get a night kill” I misinterpreted what Luis said he said if town got a mafians ability it would be very powerful I assumed he meant gaining a night kill
3: it wasn’t meant to be OMGUS when I said what I said about Luis with the “potential slip right here” I was explaining how Luis was the one who originally said that town getting a scum ability would be powerful and that it was suspicious based on your previous logic of “he wouldn’t know it was an ability if he wasn’t scum” so I said “he wouldn’t know their abilities are powerful if he wasn’t scum” and then I said what he said to achieve emphasis
4: I wanted to end the day earlier at that time because I am an impatient person and wanted to move on with the game
5: the reason I seemed so jumpy at the first time when Mariano and Samwise voted for me it was because I didn’t check how much time had passed and I thought I was responding to something from maybe 3 hours before more than enough time for people to start taking it as fact (also when defending against something that I find makes no sense I get really upset and I don’t know why and it shows in those posts”

So the only real definite in this hubbub is that TE is not good under pressure. That doesn't make him *definite* scum. Potentially scum sure, but I don't think this is a locked-case that warrants this drastic tide of change.

I said yesterday how weird it was that if Sim was scum, isn't it odd that no-one is pushing a different direction. So alternate theory for y'all, Sim is scum, and Mariano is his scumbuddy protecting him by pushing us TE's way. Some of the extra votes that avalanched in on TE are also mafia.

Some evidence;

This was Flvrfl's only real post of substance on Day 1. It comes practically on the same page where triplemo appeared, posted a vote for Goomy and vanished. Flvrfl does the exact same thing except with kinda echo-ey reasoning like everyone else had. Only triplmo being so scummy at the time meant he didn't get too much focus for it. He's been on my scum-dar ever since but was not worth pursuing with no activity.

And obviously that is Flvrful and not Mariano so not expecting a defense there. but Mariano since he arrived;
- First post; (vote is already 8:1 on Sim) - says his scum reads are Sim & TE (but does not cast a vote)
- next posts; pushes an ultimatum "if Sim is town TE is Mafia for sure!", this has the (possible) desired effect of other people looking at TE more closely
- next posts; cast some doubt on the Sim vote but not pushing TE this time, just enough to make people doubt the locked lynch
- posts that come after the 24hr extension: immediately comes out the gates swinging hard for TE.
- is followed with a pile-on of people removing their Sim votes, and also jumping on TE

Pile-on: Mariano, Samwise, QuakingPunch, Luis
Removers: TLS, Yog
TE-pressure but no vote: Robin

Note some of these people were hesitant to cast a Sim vote but jumped at the chance to vote TE.

TL:DR Theory: Mafia were grudgingly settling for losing their scumbuddy Sim, but the minute we got 24hrs extension they upped their gears to save him and take out TE

Also, notice TapuLele defending sim.
Overall, that does make sense. I am going to keep my vote on sim. Also, at least TE defends himself and responds to each accusation without dodging.

Everyone about sim: Look into the full case and judge for yourself which option is the most probable. Remember, sim is town if:

He used his ability during N1 on AP from all the players and copied an ability that confirmed to him that AP was town, enough to defend him later on.*

He is scum if:

His scum buddy used an ability to get AP's identity during N2, realized AP was one of them and defended him during D3.

*Also consider: Sim claimed he had a special reason to believe AP is town while he was scum, AND while knowing that a player had turned to the dark side. Why would town sim still defend AP, if he knew he might be the one who turned?

If any of you still have questions regarding my defense or still have suspicions about me then I’ll be happy to clear them up

D4 Vote Count [#2]

simsands: 5 |
scattered mind [#1092], TOTAL_EPICNESS [#1096], Professor_Jplap [#1127], The Last Shaymin [#1137-#1219], Luispipe8 [#1138-#1173], Dusk Form Lycanroc [#1151], Acetrainer_Samwise [#1152-#1221], Yog [#1163-#1239], pikachuuuuu101 [#1165]
TOTAL_EPICNESS: 5 | Mariano11887 [#1218], Acetrainer_Samwise [#1221], quakingpunch73 [#1226], Luispipe8 [#1230], GM Draclord [#1241]
Mariano11887: 1 | Yog [#1264]
scattered mind: 1 | mirdo [#971]

DashKing: 0 | Acetrainer_Samwise [#1082-#1152], Dusk Form Lycanroc [#1115-#1151]
quakingpunch73: 0 | Yog [#1109-#1139]

No votes: DashKing, GekkisaiDaiNi, Megapod_781, Robin Aisaga, simsands, Tapu Lele, The Last Shaymin

Majority: 10 votes
Hours remaining: 14 hours [countdown]!
Past vote counts: [#1]
Note: This vote count does NOT show decreased or increased vote weights, if any.

Speaking of reaction did anyone else realize how as soon as another option other than Sim came up Samwise was all over it?
The only thing on me at that time was I accidentally said night instead of day but Samwise leaped on it as if someone just dropped a Grenade next to Sim I think this could be a tell

On why Sim defended AP I think it was cause he didn’t know AP was scum since he wasn’t in the scum chat thinking AP was town and that defending him would secure his townishness Sim said he trusted AP hoping that if AP was lynched he would flip town and he’d be able to say “I defended him so I can’t be scum”

Speaking of reaction did anyone else realize how as soon as another option other than Sim came up Samwise was all over it?
The only thing on me at that time was I accidentally said night instead of day but Samwise leaped on it as if someone just dropped a Grenade next to Sim I think this could be a tell
Right right, but not enough evidence just yet

Why would scum have an ability like that?

That's a good question actually. One example I can think of is an ability to open a QT with a chosen target, or simply an ability to investigate other abilities. It would not be a new thing. So it is enough for them to target AP and see his passive ability to know who he is.

Guys, the thing that you need to dispute if you think sim is town is what I said earlier- Why would sim defend AP, who was scum at that moment, knowing that even if he knew he was town earlier, that he might be the one turning to the dark side? It just does not add up. I mean, could be that he didn't pay attention, but with the number of posts people brought it up, it is unlikely.

My judgement is based on reaction i simply voted you based on how you react earlier, I would have love if simsand could appear soon and state his rebuttal. But for now my keeping my votes
I’ve explained my reaction in my big post
The reason why is because I thought it had been a long time since that was posted and that I had to get a defense out as fast as humanly possible so I was rushing didnt re-read anything and as I also explained in my post somewhat angry at the weird attack on me
If you look at my other defenses when I was active while people were attacking me I was much more relaxed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back