PokeBeach Album Club

So I listened to Vessel by Twenty-One Pilots, and I fell in love with it! When I heard the first minute of Ode to Sleep, the 1st song of the album, I thought it was something like a rap album, but I was greatly surprised that it was so much more than that. Each song had its own unique tone ans style to it, making each one equally likeable to my ears. Out of all the songs, my favorites were Ode to Sleep, Fake You Out, Screen, and Holding On To You. I just start jamming out to each on every time I listen to them. In fact, I liked the album so much that I decided to listen to their other album, Blurryface, and like it even more. This band is on fire and I can't wait for more from them.

Also, the more I looked into the lyrics (something that I fail to do at times, unfortunately), my appreciation for the songs got even stronger because they are just so thought-provoking and deep. Nowadays, many singers and bands are just trying to make that next big summer hit, but this band actually cares enough to make its listeners think.

Score: 9/10

Last edited:
I'm feeling a strong 7. Pretty solid pop songs and I appreciate the inclusion of subject matter into their lyrics although they aren't particularly masterful. I liked the rap sections for the most part, but I feel the singer's voice hurts them because his voice is much more fit for singing than rapping, imo, or at least the particular delivery he was giving. I definitely enjoyed the listen, even though I wasn't super impressed. Definitely better than Blurryface.

Last edited:
I know too many people that are obsessed with Twenty One Pilots and... yeah. I can see why. They make decent pop music. I'm just glad you chose Vessel over Blurryface because frankly, Blurryface was not great and was extremely overhyped. Vessel is probably the best and most accessible record they've made to date.

Anyway, on to the review.

The whole thing tends to keep an upbeat snappy mood, maybe with the exception of tracks like Car Radio. It's an easy album to dance and sing along and have fun to, especially in larger groups. The best memory I have with Vessel is being in a tiny, cramped hotel room with a bunch of friends and colleagues, filled to the brim with open suitcases and roll-in cots, cranking it up on the awful-sounding alarm clock speaker and having a tremendous amount of fun doing it. It's very enjoyable music.

I've listened to songs from this album more times than I should care to admit, and the one major "flaw" that I've noticed over anything else is the slight lack of replay value. It got old to me relatively fast in comparison to a lot of the stuff I've listened to. I go back to a few of the highlights of it sometimes, but other than that, I generally have little desire to go back through it as I do with so much other music.

Highlights: Ode to Sleep, Migraine, Car Radio, Fake You Out

Solid 7/10.

This is a very cool album. I have listened to singles by this band like "Tear in my Heart" which is one of my guilty pleasures. I expected more of a Pop Punk style from this band, and was very surprised to hear a very diverse album. That didn't mean I absolutely loved the album. It is a good listen, but I don't see myself ever listening to the album again. It had a lot of really amazing tracks like Car Radio, House of Gold, and Holding On for You, but at the same time their were really dumb songs like Guns for Hands. I am really torn with this album. I want to give it a 7+, but I really can't justify it with the lack of desire to listen to most of the album again.

At the moment a 6.2/10

Favorite song:Car Radio
Least Favorite:Guns For Hands

I decided to pick one of my favorite albums: Hold Your Colour by Pendulum. It is a Drum n' Bass band based in Australia (disbanded a few years ago). This is their first album so its a bit old, but its songs are interesting and captured my attention the first time I heard them. The full album can be found on Spotify and Youtube, so give it a listen; I hope you enjoy it.

My apologies for not responding earlier, was quite busy. Add me back to the rotation if possible.
Going for a review on this one for now.

I'm feeling a strong 6 to light 7. I like how it has a strong bass without it getting excessive for the most part like brostep tends to be, but there were multiple times I felt like they put all their work into the bass and percussion and not enough into the other aspects of their songs. There was a tendency to get too repetitive for my liking, but it wasn't nearly as much as some other electronic music I've heard. It was pretty enjoyable for the most part, even if some songs were a lot weaker than others.

Last edited:
This is not my type of album at all. It is definitely something I would not have listened to on my own. I am glad I at least widened my reach of albums to a new genre.

I did really like the sample of Willy Wonka on Through the Loop. That is pretty much all I remember from this album.

4.2/10 ;/

Not everyone did a review ;/ I will start taking people out after the next album. The last one is a little longer, so I will give a little slack.

The album I have chosen is Bon Iver-Bon Iver. One of the best albums of the 10's!

I didn't do a review primarily because I just didn't enjoy the album at all, I skipped through the tracks and nothing really drew me in, and thought giving a review like that would be unfair. Will review this one, listening to it now.

You are free to give your opinions on the album. Even though you should be finishing the album :C. I just like some kind of comment.

Crap, sorry. This is the first time I've done this. Will do my best to respond this weekend and update this post with the first album, and I'll make a new post for the second.

EDIT: Hold Your Colour by Pendulum
Interesting album. I don't really listen to much like this. It's good to have on in a background, and I got kind of into it while playing games. Kinda repetitive though and I'm not a massive fan of the genre as a whole. But what it does, it does well. I like it. 5.5-6/10

Favorite Tracks: Slam, Tarantula, The Terminal

Last edited:
Okay, so this review is for the Bon Iver album.

I actually really liked this album. It's different to my usual musical taste, but it's just so.. peaceful and pleasant.
Every track is really calm and soothing. it'd probably be really good for studying.
The vocals annoyed me a little bit in places but overall I really enjoyed the album. (I'm not excellent at putting things into words, I apologise)
8/10

Favourite track: Perth

Last edited:
If you miss once it isn't a problem, but if someone hasn't been posting for around 3 times I am just going to remove them.

6/10 I guess. I feel like the album gets progressively less interesting. For Emma, Forever Ago is better.

This is an album I think will be considered one of the classic albums of this generation. When hardcore music fans look back on the 10's this album will be on the list right up their with My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy by Kanye West, To Pimp a Butterfly by Kendrick Lamar, Modern Vampires of City by Vampire Weekend, and To Be Kind and The Seer by Swans. It is an album where I can listen to all the way, and feel as if I have only been sitting their for a minute. It just absorbs me every single time I listen to it. It is way harder for me to put this into words than I thought it would be.

Back