XY Pokémon VG General Discussion - Locked: Please Create A New Topic For Anything You'd Like To Discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Leaks / Rumors / Speculation Thread - Don't post topics that have their own thread!

Poison Master said:
If its the player's country of origin, and America doesn't get the continental one, I'm going to be pissed. That's my favorite so far.

Wondering what the color will be for the Netherlands, I think red-white-blue, could it be that it's flag related?

Edit: Are the colors continental or for every country?

RE: Leaks / Rumors / Speculation Thread - Don't post topics that have their own thread!

I wonder what the UK one is. Is it done by continent, so there are 7 different forms (including Antarctica)? Or is it done by how north/south you live?

I'll try to collect all the color versions (as females) and if I succeed, I'll gladly breed any of them if someone wants a specific variation of Vivillon :3
If it's country based, we should definitely help each other get all the variations. ^w^

Baktwerel said:
As to the colors, people are trying to collect info on the variations and whether they are tied to countries.
So far we know that the pink (meadow) one is from Japan, the polar one is from Canada, the light blue one is from France. Still not 100% sure if the countries have to do with the colors but tomorrow I'll try to see if I can get a Vivillon and what it will look like for Hungary.

Vivillon has been shown in English trailers with its (pink) Meadow Pattern, unless all the trailers were staged, I don't think it depends on your real life location (it would be an unique method though). The first gym leader using a Meadow Pattern Vivillon as well in the English games. It could be programmed to be the default form for trainers, but still.. some more research is definitely needed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVB2UsXEQRk (This has to be the best Battle theme among legendary encounters in the main series Pokémon games!)

don()shinobi said:
Not sure if this is common knowledge, but here, have a Mega Gengar stat screen.
1381352874470.jpg
Confirms its typing and ability.

So what were his stats before?

And Shadow Tag? Oh good god. He's going to be an absolute beast revenge killer.

Pokequaza said:
Baktwerel said:
As to the colors, people are trying to collect info on the variations and whether they are tied to countries.
So far we know that the pink (meadow) one is from Japan, the polar one is from Canada, the light blue one is from France. Still not 100% sure if the countries have to do with the colors but tomorrow I'll try to see if I can get a Vivillon and what it will look like for Hungary.

Vivillon has been shown in English trailers with its (pink) Meadow Pattern, unless all the trailers were staged, I don't think it depends on your real life location (it would be an unique method though). The first gym leader using a Meadow Pattern Vivillon as well in the English games. It could be programmed to be the default form for trainers, but still.. some more research is definitely needed.

Let's not forget that not only it's likely that all the trailers were recorded in Japan, but even if they weren't, the pink meadow variation is the only officially revealed look of Vivillon. Everything else we know from leaks so of course they'd use the pink one in trailers.

Featherwick said:
don()shinobi said:
Not sure if this is common knowledge, but here, have a Mega Gengar stat screen.
1381352874470.jpg
Confirms its typing and ability.

Sooooo, does that mean he can prevent the 3 legendary birds from fleeing?

I think:
Polar = In the Arctic/Antarctic circle (May also include Canada, because parts of Canada are in the Arctic Circle)
Meadow = Asia
Continental = North America/Africa
Light Blue = Europe
Garden = South America
Peachy one = Australasia

It could also be determined by Latitude, Longitude or the kind of place you live.
So the UK could be Polar, because its Latitude is similar to Canada, Light Blue, because its longitude is similar to Frances', or Meadow, because Japan and the UK are both a series of islands on opposite sides of a large continent.

Cresceda said:
Featherwick said:

Most likely, unless Shadow Tag normally lets them escape.

Also http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJIydIvSSQU
Weather from abilities now only lasts 5 turns.

Featherwick said:
Cresceda said:

And with that, GF has officially killed the ice type. One of the few things they had going for them, snow warning + snow cloak, is gone. Sure they have it for 5 turns, but on that 6th turn they're as good as done.

Ohman177 said:
Featherwick said:

And with that, GF has officially killed the ice type. One of the few things they had going for them, snow warning + snow cloak, is gone. Sure they have it for 5 turns, but on that 6th turn they're as good as done.

And didn't GF says they wouldn't patch XY? Because for some reason, they think competitive battles are completely even.
Someone should tell them Ice types say hi.

Ohman177 said:
Featherwick said:

I had a weird dream that mega articuno existed and had snow warning, and I used it on a rain dance/hail team with hurricane and blizzard as a surprise closer. When the rain stopped, I mega evolved it and caused hail. I had like 4 rain dance team pokemon (greninja, kingdra, vaporeon, and politoed) and 2 hail pokemon (articuno and glaceon). Probably not very viable in reality, but it was a nice thought.

Has anyone heard about what shiny Froakie looks like?

Freeze dry confirmed to be a 70 BP 20 PP 100 Accuracy special ice move that has a chance to freeze and is SE against water. http://images.4chan.org/vp/src/1381356650905.jpg

MetalPharoah said:

Nope, unfortunately there is no 100% legit picture of a shiny Froakie (same for almost every Kalos Pokemon).

But I'm willing to bet that within the first day of release at least two out of the three starters will have their shiny versions widespread on the internet, and if we are lucky it will be all 3. With all the people starting their adventures the same day, there surely will be a few lucky blokes to get one. And then we didn't even mention those players who will keep soft resetting until they get a shiny starter.

I'm also curious about them and also whether there are any gender differences among them. I think only Greninja is more of less confirmed to have some very minor gender differences but even that isn't 100% confirmed.

edit: Silly question but... I know that our rivals get their starters randomized too... But does this mean that they can also get a female or even a shiny starter?

Bloodronin said:
P.DelSlayer said:
MISMAGIUS YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY MY GORGEOUS WITCH GHOST IS A WITCH GHOST THAT KILLS DRAGONS I LOVE HER SO MUCH <3<3
AND MILOTIC

... I reacted in a bigger way than I should've.

I felt the same exact way. I was like OMFG I need to rip out my heart cause it will explode! Then I saw granbull was normal/fairy. It has been confirmed pure fairy unless its pre-evo was normal/fairy and it looses normal upon evolution. But as it is now... it seems like a fake list.

and wasn't it confirmed that Azuril was pure fairy and gains the water typing after evolution... or did i dream that? lol

Baktwerel said:
MetalPharoah said:

Nope, unfortunately there is no 100% legit picture of a shiny Froakie (same for almost every Kalos Pokemon).

But I'm willing to bet that within the first day of release at least two out of the three starters will have their shiny versions widespread on the internet, and if we are lucky it will be all 3. With all the people starting their adventures the same day, there surely will be a few lucky blokes to get one. And then we didn't even mention those players who will keep soft resetting until they get a shiny starter.

I'm also curious about them and also whether there are any gender differences among them. I think only Greninja is more of less confirmed to have some very minor gender differences but even that isn't 100% confirmed.

edit: Silly question but... I know that our rivals get their starters randomized too... But does this mean that they can also get a female or even a shiny starter?

I'll go the 8100 SR, but after that if I don't have a shiny froakie I'll surely be upset :p

Riomarz said:
Bloodronin said:
I felt the same exact way. I was like OMFG I need to rip out my heart cause it will explode! Then I saw granbull was normal/fairy. It has been confirmed pure fairy unless its pre-evo was normal/fairy and it looses normal upon evolution. But as it is now... it seems like a fake list.

and wasn't it confirmed that Azuril was pure fairy and gains the water typing after evolution... or did i dream that? lol

I honestly do not know.

Baktwerel said:
MetalPharoah said:

Nope. Opponent's Pokemon are shiny-locked except for a very few possible mistakes (Gen 3 battle tower) and most if not all of them have a set gender, too. Most of the time the gender matches the trainer, but with us having two female rivals they might mix that up a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back