XY Pokémon VG General Discussion - Locked: Please Create A New Topic For Anything You'd Like To Discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Leaks / Rumors / Speculation Thread - Don't post topics that have their own thread!

You know what`s funny?....Everyone keeps saying,that the legendary birds are taking the place of a new trio.....but it is still interesting that there are excactly 3 spots left before xerneas and after hydreigon.....(in the local dex)...and as i understood,the complete dex is unlocked before the birds start roaming...this means there is a great possibility that there is indeed a trio to be found....;)...and it is just very well hidden....

RE: Leaks / Rumors / Speculation Thread - Don't post topics that have their own thread!

I'm kinda disappointed at the lack of legends so far.
Sure we might get some legends from prior games, but no offense I wanted to see what new trios await us in Kalos.

as i mentioned above....we might see them...josh or kanpachi are not GODS afterall......additionally,someone mentioned a theory about 151 pokemon in each dex earlier....so theoretically there could be another 2 additional legis...coming after zygarde and before the event legis....AAHH!!...THE WAIT KILLS ME!! ^^

Pegasus Trio, anyone?
This generation seems to be the Fairy Tale generation.
It would make a ton of sense if we got a Pegasai trio.

Like...My Little Pony?...PLEASE NOT!! ^^
....personally i find the idea of a trio based on northern mythology very appealing ^^...
....but an actual pegasus trio would be kinda cool i guess..;D

Uh...
I don't see Pegasai being restricted to one fandom.
They don't HAVE to be pony-like. They can be like Rapidash. Or something entirely different.
Considering how this generation is very Fairy Tale-ish, I would expect to have some fairy creatures. Not just based on one mythological legend.

No one actually saw all Pokemon in the regional dex, let alone caught them, right? Maybe there are more legendaries, or even regular pokemon, in a nature preserve like area? Maybe there are secret areas that unlock like Giratina's ruins in D/P? It's extremely unlikely, but with all the tradition breaking going on... they might have normal Pokemon after the region's mascot trio.

Anyway I think there is going to be at least a somewhat substantial reward for completing the dex, because 450 Pokemon is a lot of Pokemon and a lot of work!

Lanturnman said:
No one actually saw all Pokemon in the regional dex, let alone caught them, right? Maybe there are more legendaries, or even regular pokemon, in a nature preserve like area? Maybe there are secret areas that unlock like Giratina's ruins in D/P? It's extremely unlikely, but with all the tradition breaking going on... they might have normal Pokemon after the region's mascot trio.

Anyway I think there is going to be at least a somewhat substantial reward for completing the dex, because 450 Pokemon is a lot of Pokemon and a lot of work!

Your correct there are missing entries in the regional dex not yet found. But weve already seen the national dex entries for the new kalos pokemon and every spot from Chespin all the way to Zygarde has been found and recorded. Meaning that the remaining entries in the regional dex belong to old pokemon not yet found.

joshadshade125 said:
Lanturnman said:

Your correct there are missing entries in the regional dex not yet found. But weve already seen the national dex entries for the new kalos pokemon and every spot from Chespin all the way to Zygarde has been found and recorded. Meaning that the remaining entries in the regional dex belong to old pokemon not yet found.
Hm. Wait, I was under the impression that all Pokemon from previous gens would be available in the wild. I mean, not all of them, but at least the pre-evolutions. However, there are 3 dexes which each contain 150 Pokemon. That's 450 Pokemon total, about 70 of which are new. We can get the National Dex, and new areas open up after the game is "over," but does that mean that we'll then have access to the 200+ other Pokemon from previous generations? Can we catch them somewhere in the wild? Or must we trade for them?

Sorry if that's a bit difficult to understand. I'm tired and confused! lol

benni1994 said:
You know what`s funny?....Everyone keeps saying,that the legendary birds are taking the place of a new trio.....but it is still interesting that there are excactly 3 spots left before xerneas and after hydreigon....(in the local dex)...and as i understood,the complete dex is unlocked before the birds start roaming...this means there is a great possibility that there is indeed a trio to be found....;)...and it is just very well hidden....

We know the national Dex numbers, from Chespin to Zygarde. Every Kalos Pokémon has been in the regional 'dexes in he order of their national 'dex number. Why would they change that just for the trio?

Remember how in Black and White you couldn't capture old Pokemon until post-game?
Well, maybe that's how it is now... and as I recall the "flowers" do indicate which Pokemon can be found within it.

Maybe it's like the Natural Preserve in BW/2? You have to see/catch all the local Pokemon that is in Kalos and go to Professor Sycamore to unlock an otherwise, locked area where more variety of Pokemon that aren't able to be caught normally are found.

Otherwise, I have no idea.

joshadshade125 said:
Lanturnman said:

Yep, I am aware of that, can't wait to see what old 'mon fill up those spots. I understand I was a bit vague tough, I actually meant potential pokemon after Zygarde in the National dex and that certain areas may not have been accessed yet because there currently doesn't seem to be leaker with a complete regional pokedex. Much like how you only got access to the nature preserve in BW2 after you saw all pokemon in the regional dex :p. It is extremely unlikely tough :/.

I am the only one, who would be actually glad if Xerneas, Yvetal and Zygarde (or what's his name) were the only legendaries? It feels like GF is just spewing legendaries lately (I'm looking at you, gen 4 and 5) and they just don't seem so special anymore. I'll gladly have only three.

benni1994 said:
Could someone please drop a link for the national Pokedex?...Would be much appreciated ^^

650/??? - Chespin
651/??? - Quilladin
652/??? - Chesnaught
653/??? - Fennekin
654/??? - Braixen
655/??? - Delphox
656/??? - Froakie
657/??? - Frogadier
658/??? - Greninja
659/??? - Bunnelby
660/??? - Diggersby
661/??? - Fletchling
662/??? - Fletchinder
663/??? - Talonflame
664/??? - Scatterbug
665/??? - Spewpa
666/??? - Vivillon
667/??? - Litleo
668/??? - Pyroar
669/??? - Flabébé
670/??? - Floette
671/??? - Florges
672/??? - Skiddo
673/??? - Gogoat
674/??? - Pancham
675/??? - Pangoro
676/??? - Furfrou
677/??? - Espurr
678/??? - Meowstic
679/??? - Honedge
680/??? - Doublade
681/??? - Aegislash
682/??? - Spritzee
683/??? - Aromatisse
684/??? - Swirlix
685/??? - Slurpuff
686/??? - Inkay
687/??? - Malamar
688/??? - Binacle
689/??? - Barbaracle
690/??? - Skrelp
691/??? - Dragalge
692/??? - Clauncher
693/??? - Clawitzer
694/??? - Helioptile
695/??? - Heliolisk
696/??? - Tyrunt
697/??? - Tyrantrum
698/??? - Amaura
699/??? - Aurorus
700/??? - Sylveon
701/??? - Hawlucha
702/??? - Dedenne
703/??? - Carbink
704/??? - Goomy
705/??? - Sliggoo
706/??? - Goodra
707/??? - Klefki
708/??? - Phantump
709/??? - Trevenant
710/??? - Pumpkaboo
711/??? - Gourgeist
712/??? - Bergmite
713/??? - Avalugg
714/??? - Noibat
715/??? - Noivern
716/??? - Xerneas
717/??? - Yveltal
718/??? - Zygarde

Excuse the "???" They're there because I'm making a fake Neo card set which is set to continue indefinitely.

Is there a place where I can ask Josh to compile a list of where each of the new Pokemon can be found?

Oh, also, the guy who originally said that there would only be 70 new Pokemon ... what else did he say? Is there a screenshot somewhere? I can't find it.

Is anyone else a little upset at the lack of 3 stage evolution lines this generation? So many pokemon feel incomplete to me, especially Aromatisse, Avalugg, Kelfki, and Heliolisk. When I saw all of them I immediately envisioned them turning into something much greater later on, only to find out that they were it. I love evolving pokemon multiple times, and many of these designs feel to me like they have room to go farther.

So only 68 new Pokemon, and then whatever event legendaries remain.

SavvyJackal said:
Oh, also, the guy who originally said that there would only be 70 new Pokemon ... what else did he say? Is there a screenshot somewhere? I can't find it.

He was the one who mentioned a lack of post-game and the legendary birds as the Kalos trio. A screenshot is out there, but I'm on my phone and haven't had any luck...sorry!

CMP said:
SavvyJackal said:

He was the one who mentioned a lack of post-game and the legendary birds as the Kalos trio. A screenshot is out there, but I'm on my phone and haven't had any luck...sorry!
Ah, okay, that's good enough! Thanks! XD

As far as post-game, what have we heard? This is all I've got:

- Catching Zygarde
- "Friend Safari"
- Battle Subway sort of thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back