XY Pokémon VG General Discussion - Locked: Please Create A New Topic For Anything You'd Like To Discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Rumors & Speculation

I'm thinking it'll probably be Orotto, seeing as it hasn't been 'revealed' yet. Hopefully I wrong :p I'm all for a Helioptile evolution!

AdamLambert said:
I'm thinking it'll probably be Orotto, seeing as it hasn't been 'revealed' yet. Hopefully I wrong :p I'm all for a Helioptile evolution!

So are we guessing Orotto is an evolved Poke then?

AdamLambert said:

I would love for Oorotto to finally be revealed officially, but the tweet said that an evolved Pokemon would be revealed, so I'm guessing it'll be the evolution of a Pokemon we already know.

I think Oorotto is a stand-alone Pokémon, like Absol and Pinsir.

Reggie's Rumor Recap

With the new rumors out (these guys dads are obviously Junci Madusa and Ken Sugimori) I have decided to recap these rumors and confirm if they are real, fake, or undecided, so yeah.

WPM (Reggie's Comments in Red!) said:
A lot of people have been e-mailing me to ask where all our rumors are, so since they were posted across a couple of posts, I’ve decided to compile all of them here in one place. I’ve also included some clarifications and explanations about what went on.
Saturday, May 11th (the day May’s CoroCoro came out) – I posted the first wave of leaks because CoroCoro revealed Parabolic Charge, which matched the effect of a move the source told me about back in February. This was the first of any of his info that matched something official. Since it was too coincidental and he had shown me credentials that made me 99% sure he was the real deal, I decided to post some of his information.
Fairy will be a new type. It is weak to Poison and Steel, immune to Dragon, super effective against Dragon, Dark, and Fighting, and Fire and Psychic-type Pokemon take half damage from it. (WPM Note: Fairy is confirmed, super effectiveness against Dragon is confirmed.)
Sylveon is Fairy-type. Some older Pokemon will be reclassified to Fairy, such as Mawile (Steel/Fairy). (WPM Note: Sylveon being Fairy and old Pokemon being reclassified is confirmed.)
This is confirmed, no matter how unhappy I may be about it.
Note: Mawile is unconfirmed to be Steel/Fairy but Mega Mawile is confirmed.

Mewtwo has two new formes, not just one. Both are activated via items.

True, the items are Mewtwonite X and Mewtwonite Y

The professor’s English name is Patrice.

Confirmed Fake, the name is Augustine Scyramore. Besides, who would name their son Patrice? Then again, who would name their boy Augustine?

The Starter final evolutions are Fire/Psychic, Grass/Dark, and Water/Fighting.

This is unconfirmed, but it seems to be true.

The first Gym is Bug, the second is Fairy, and the fourth is Fighting. (WPM Note: First Gym being Bug is confirmed.)

Still unconfirmed, but most likely true as we've seen Bug, Fairy and Fighting type gym leaders.

A few attacks will be dual-typed. (WPM Note: Many people are interpreting this as an attack shooting out two types at once, but it could just be that the attack switches types under certain conditions or something like that.)

Unconfirmed, probally false, but who knows?

There will be a new type of battling style that Flying-type Pokemon and Pokemon with Levitate can participate in.

Confirmed true. This is actually pretty cool, but Eelektross will be the ultimate troll in this kind of battle.

You will be able to see a Pokemon’s EVs at a certain in-game facility. You will be able to boost the EVs through mini-games. It will take about two hours to get one stat to max EVs. (WPM Note: Gamefreak confirmed there will be greater visibility of EVs.)

Yup, this is right. I frogot the name of the place where you can look at EVs though :p

Monday, May 13th – He sent me these names on Saturday after CoroCoro leaked. After waiting a bit and thinking about it, I posted them on Monday so we could all see whether he was the real deal or not, as Pokemon would likely be revealing the English names sometime that week. The next day, all of the names were confirmed by Pokemon (minus a typo we had in Pancham’s name since he was spelling them off memory).

CoroCoro Pokemon X and Y
The goat, Gogoat -> Gogoat. It’s a goat that goes. No need to change the name I guess?

Correct. A Goat that goes indeed.

The panda, Yancham -> Panchum. Obviously “punch ‘em,” with the “punch” starting out as “pan” because it’s a panda.

Confirmed True despite the error in spelling. Gotta spell them all!

The bird, Yayakoma -> Fletchling. Fletching or fledgling + hatchling?

Correct again.

The “lizard,” Elikiteru -> Helioptile. A heliophile is any organism attracted to sunlight, so that + reptile?

Helioptile is awesome, and so is this correct rumor.

Saturday, May 18th – At this point, the source had been discovered by Nintendo and shut down. Below is a collection of the rest of the information he had sent me since February and up until a few days before that post.
Pancham evolves into Pangoro in the early level 30s. In order to evolve Pancham into Pangoro, you need to have one other Dark-type Pokemon in your party. Pangoro’s type is Fighting/Dark.

Pancham does envolve into a Fighting/Dark Pangoro, but the method of evolution is unconfirmed.

A Pokemon named Inkay evolves into Malimar. To evolve it, you have to hold your 3DS upside-down when it levels up (the 3DS has an accelerometer and gyroscope, so it can detect that). Malimar’s type is Dark/Psychic.

Correct again, although the evolution method is unknown again.

A Psychic-type Pokemon named Espurr (ESP + purr) evolves into Meowstick (Meow + mystic?). (Sounds like Psychic-type cats. Meowstick’s name sounds too similar to Meowth to me though.)

Unconfirmed but Meowstick is confirmed true.

Like in B/W you have two rivals – one is friendly and the other is competitive. Your rival that is more friendly gives you his/her fully evolved starter Pokemon after you beat the game.

Confirmed- False! We have 4 rivals in the game, Serena/Callum, Tierno, Trevor, and Shauna

Another professor named Sycamore gives you either Bulbasaur, Charmander, or Squirtle.

Correct, but Sycamore is the only professor (unconfirmed, but most likely)

Even though it shows the player riding on a Gogoat in the new trailer, players can’t ride on their own Pokemon. What was shown is just an alternate way of getting around Lumiose City and it only works with Gogoat.

This is a pretty sad rumor. It is a rumor with information that stinks and it's confirmed fake, as Gamefreak released a video of a player riding a Rhydon.

HMs still exist but there’s a lot less of them.

Unconfirmed.

Players will be able to see their Pokemon’s EVs (probably through the same in-game facility mentioned in the other post).

Ka-Ching, confirmed! Super Training is the name of the game.

A new move, Belch, is a Poison-type attack that has a base power of 120. The user must consume a held Berry to perform it.

Unconfirmed, but this would be a cool attack if true.

Draining Kiss is a Fairy-type attack that heals the user for the same amount of damage performed. It has a base power of 60.

Confirmed true, Sylveon can learn it.

If the previously revealed forme of Mewtwo can be said to look roughly similar to Mewtwo’s original design, the second supposed form of Mewtwo can be said to look roughly/vaguely similar to Mew‘s design.

Wrong, it does not look at all like Mew besides the pale skin. However is is just my opinion

My guesse for the new pokemon round town is Mega Kangaskhan. I mean he has been around for quite some time but never officially revealed.

Inb4 Fighting Evo for Braixen

*gets home from school*
*sees that Game Freak is revealing a new pokemon*
*also sees that there are new rumors*

Guys.

You're gonna kill me.

Yeah, I'm hoping for a Heiloptile evolution.
That scaly monster better be who I hope he'll be.

Hmmm, I'm hoping the to be announced pokemon is an evolution to a pre-existing pokemon that's NOT mega. I hope sylveon's not our only one.

RE: Reggie's Rumor Recap

Reggie McGigas said:
With the new rumors out (these guys dads are obviously Junci Madusa and Ken Sugimori) I have decided to recap these rumors and confirm if they are real, fake, or undecided, so yeah.

WPM (Reggie's Comments in Red!) said:
A lot of people have been e-mailing me to ask where all our rumors are, so since they were posted across a couple of posts, I’ve decided to compile all of them here in one place. I’ve also included some clarifications and explanations about what went on.
Saturday, May 11th (the day May’s CoroCoro came out) – I posted the first wave of leaks because CoroCoro revealed Parabolic Charge, which matched the effect of a move the source told me about back in February. This was the first of any of his info that matched something official. Since it was too coincidental and he had shown me credentials that made me 99% sure he was the real deal, I decided to post some of his information.
Fairy will be a new type. It is weak to Poison and Steel, immune to Dragon, super effective against Dragon, Dark, and Fighting, and Fire and Psychic-type Pokemon take half damage from it. (WPM Note: Fairy is confirmed, super effectiveness against Dragon is confirmed.)
Sylveon is Fairy-type. Some older Pokemon will be reclassified to Fairy, such as Mawile (Steel/Fairy). (WPM Note: Sylveon being Fairy and old Pokemon being reclassified is confirmed.)
This is confirmed, no matter how unhappy I may be about it.
Note: Mawile is unconfirmed to be Steel/Fairy but Mega Mawile is confirmed.

I think Mawile is confirmed in the coro coro it's mega was revealed.
Mewtwo has two new formes, not just one. Both are activated via items.

True, the items are Mewtwonite X and Mewtwonite Y

The professor’s English name is Patrice.

Confirmed Fake, the name is Augustine Scyramore. Besides, who would name their son Patrice? Then again, who would name their boy Augustine?
Sycamore is only the guy who gives charmander we don't know he sends the kalos mons.
The Starter final evolutions are Fire/Psychic, Grass/Dark, and Water/Fighting.

This is unconfirmed, but it seems to be true.

The first Gym is Bug, the second is Fairy, and the fourth is Fighting. (WPM Note: First Gym being Bug is confirmed.)

Still unconfirmed, but most likely true as we've seen Bug, Fairy and Fighting type gym leaders.
who's the fairy gym leader clemont is electric.
A few attacks will be dual-typed. (WPM Note: Many people are interpreting this as an attack shooting out two types at once, but it could just be that the attack switches types under certain conditions or something like that.)

Unconfirmed, probally false, but who knows?

There will be a new type of battling style that Flying-type Pokemon and Pokemon with Levitate can participate in.

Confirmed true. This is actually pretty cool, but Eelektross will be the ultimate troll in this kind of battle.

You will be able to see a Pokemon’s EVs at a certain in-game facility. You will be able to boost the EVs through mini-games. It will take about two hours to get one stat to max EVs. (WPM Note: Gamefreak confirmed there will be greater visibility of EVs.)

Yup, this is right. I frogot the name of the place where you can look at EVs though :p

Monday, May 13th – He sent me these names on Saturday after CoroCoro leaked. After waiting a bit and thinking about it, I posted them on Monday so we could all see whether he was the real deal or not, as Pokemon would likely be revealing the English names sometime that week. The next day, all of the names were confirmed by Pokemon (minus a typo we had in Pancham’s name since he was spelling them off memory).

CoroCoro Pokemon X and Y
The goat, Gogoat -> Gogoat. It’s a goat that goes. No need to change the name I guess?

Correct. A Goat that goes indeed.

The panda, Yancham -> Panchum. Obviously “punch ‘em,” with the “punch” starting out as “pan” because it’s a panda.

Confirmed True despite the error in spelling. Gotta spell them all!

The bird, Yayakoma -> Fletchling. Fletching or fledgling + hatchling?

Correct again.

The “lizard,” Elikiteru -> Helioptile. A heliophile is any organism attracted to sunlight, so that + reptile?

Helioptile is awesome, and so is this correct rumor.

Saturday, May 18th – At this point, the source had been discovered by Nintendo and shut down. Below is a collection of the rest of the information he had sent me since February and up until a few days before that post.
Pancham evolves into Pangoro in the early level 30s. In order to evolve Pancham into Pangoro, you need to have one other Dark-type Pokemon in your party. Pangoro’s type is Fighting/Dark.

Pancham does envolve into a Fighting/Dark Pangoro, but the method of evolution is unconfirmed.

A Pokemon named Inkay evolves into Malimar. To evolve it, you have to hold your 3DS upside-down when it levels up (the 3DS has an accelerometer and gyroscope, so it can detect that). Malimar’s type is Dark/Psychic.

Correct again, although the evolution method is unknown again.

A Psychic-type Pokemon named Espurr (ESP + purr) evolves into Meowstick (Meow + mystic?). (Sounds like Psychic-type cats. Meowstick’s name sounds too similar to Meowth to me though.)

Unconfirmed but Meowstick is confirmed true.

Like in B/W you have two rivals – one is friendly and the other is competitive. Your rival that is more friendly gives you his/her fully evolved starter Pokemon after you beat the game.

Confirmed- False! We have 4 rivals in the game, Serena/Callum, Tierno, Trevor, and Shauna
Not confirmed or fake Look at Dawn/Lucas and Lyra/Ethan.
Another professor named Sycamore gives you either Bulbasaur, Charmander, or Squirtle.

Correct, but Sycamore is the only professor (unconfirmed, but most likely)
All but hoenn and kanto games plus DP not including platinum have two proffesors.
Even though it shows the player riding on a Gogoat in the new trailer, players can’t ride on their own Pokemon. What was shown is just an alternate way of getting around Lumiose City and it only works with Gogoat.

This is a pretty sad rumor. It is a rumor with information that stinks and it's confirmed fake, as Gamefreak released a video of a player riding a Rhydon.

It said only can ride Gogoat in lumiose and it isn't yours plus it's rhyhorn not rhydon.
HMs still exist but there’s a lot less of them.

Unconfirmed.

Players will be able to see their Pokemon’s EVs (probably through the same in-game facility mentioned in the other post).

Ka-Ching, confirmed! Super Training is the name of the game.

A new move, Belch, is a Poison-type attack that has a base power of 120. The user must consume a held Berry to perform it.

Unconfirmed, but this would be a cool attack if true.

Draining Kiss is a Fairy-type attack that heals the user for the same amount of damage performed. It has a base power of 60.

Confirmed true, Sylveon can learn it.

If the previously revealed forme of Mewtwo can be said to look roughly similar to Mewtwo’s original design, the second supposed form of Mewtwo can be said to look roughly/vaguely similar to Mew‘s design.

Wrong, it does not look at all like Mew besides the pale skin. However is is just my opinion
True tis opinion.

My guesse for the new pokemon round town is Mega Kangaskhan. I mean he has been around for quite some time but never officially revealed.

My comments not in red. Also forgot to release oorotto officially too.

I swear, if it's not a Blissey Audino, a new Rout 1 Rodent, a mega for Scrafty (so he has a belt) Haxorus, or Ōrotto, I'm gonna flip some tables like an Inkay on crack.

By the way, here's some guesses as to what Ōrotto's English name might be:

Carillow (Willow/Hollow, French for Decay)
Foriture (Forest, French for Rot)
Aberroot (Aberrant, Root)
Phantimwood (Phantom, Timber, Wood)
Malacre (Acre, French for Evil)
Maliciner (Malice, French for Evil, French for Uproot)

The source may have known that some moves may be super effective against a type it would normally be neutral or not effective against (such as Freeze Dry). They may have then interpreted this as a dual type move. Just my thoughts.

zappy800 said:
Reggie McGigas said:

0. Oorotto is not (most likely not) an envolved Pokemon.

True. Sorry, I had a brainfart on that one.

Sycamore is only the guy who gives charmander we don't know he sends the kalos mons.
Well, Tierno gives you the Kalos Starters, Sycamore is the official professer, gives you the Kanto Starters, and you do get to battle him post game.

Clemont's Type is not confirmed at all infact, he just looks alot like a fairy user (big glasses, etc.)

What... Actually yes it is confirmed if you've even bothered to look at some of the older trailers...

All but hoenn and kanto games plus DP not including platinum have two proffesors.
Uh... not true. Black and White and Black and White 2? Juniper Sr and Bianca don't count, because Juniper Sr is (most likely) retired and Bianca is an assistant.

FloodBadge said:
Phantomber/Phantimber/Phantember would actually be a cool name, Phantimwood without the wood.

I think the reason why there are two sets of starters in XY, is because you get given 2, your rival gets the Kalos starter that's good against your Kalos Pokémon, Trevor gets the Kanto Starter weak to yours, Shauna gets the Kalos Starter weak to yours and Tierno gets the Kanto Starter strong against yours.

Reggie McGigas said:
zappy800 said:

0. Oorotto is not (most likely not) an envolved Pokemon.

True. Sorry, I had a brainfart on that one.

Well, Tierno gives you the Kalos Starters, Sycamore is the official professer, gives you the Kanto Starters, and you do get to battle him post game.

Clemont's Type is not confirmed at all infact, he just looks alot like a fairy user (big glasses, etc.)

What... Actually yes it is confirmed if you've even bothered to look at some of the older trailers...

Uh... not true. Black and White and Black and White 2? Juniper Sr and Bianca don't count, because Juniper Sr is (most likely) retired and Bianca is an assistant.

FloodBadge said:
Phantomber/Phantimber/Phantember would actually be a cool name, Phantimwood without the wood.

0. Haven't officially revealed oorotto yet and I meant that for your kanghakhan comment
2. I meant who sent them to tierno
3. How does he look like one.
4. Serena and Calem are confirmed fightable I meant the others...
5. Juniper senior is still technically a proffesor.

FloodBadge said:
Hauntree, grimmwood.

I think there's pretty much a 0% chance the Pokémon revealed on Wednesday will be Orotto since the page says:

"Heads up, Trainers! A new evolved Pokémon will be revealed exclusively on our Facebook page on Wednesday, September 25! Can you guess which Pokémon we'll be showing next?"

Why would they ask us to guess it if it weren't related to something we already know?

jynxed said:
I think there's pretty much a 0% chance the Pokémon revealed on Wednesday will be Orotto since the page says:

"Heads up, Trainers! A new evolved Pokémon will be revealed exclusively on our Facebook page on Wednesday, September 25! Can you guess which Pokémon we'll be showing next?"

Why would they ask us to guess it if it weren't related to something we already know?

I agree. I don't think it will be a pokemon that has been leaked but not officially confirmed.

I do think it could still be an evolution to a new pokemon, such as Helioptile or Dedenne, or an evolved pokemon that hasn't had any of its evolution line revealed. Or counterpart to Sylveon.

EDIT
So who's hoping for a dragon, poison, or steel eeveelution?

Me. Particularly Poison, like I stated earlier.

I'm upset that Froakies final evo will be bulky :/ I wanted a slick frog.

zappy800 said:

I'm hoping for a Dragon Eeveelution. It's name could be Draceon. It could learn Draco Meteor.

This is 100% fanmade by me!

EDIT: This post has been modified to reflect the patterns that Blob55 informed me about.
Name: Draceon
Size: 1 meter (height) 22 centimeters (width) 120lbs (weight)
Type: Dragon
Image: It's a blueish-green dragon with a 2 meter wingspan. It's an Eveelution. It's chest is a darker blue than the rest of it. The tail has a spike at the end of it. Other than that, it looks like your typical Dragon.

Shiny: Colors are reversed. Dark blue body and blueish-green chest.

Species: Dragon Pokemon

Egg Group: Field and Dragon

Pokedex Entry: The spike on it's tail is used for defending itself as well as hunting. It flies around at speeds of up to 300 mph.

Ability: Levitate

Base Stats: HP-95, Attack-65, Defense-65, Sp. Attack-110,Sp. Defense-60, Speed-130 Total:525

Protection System: None

Gender Differences: None

Evolves from Eevee when you level it up at night while holding the dragon scale)

Moves by Level Up:
Level
-- Tail Whip
-- Tackle
-- Helping Hand
8 Ember
15 Dragon Rage
22 Quick Attack
29 Bite
36 Flamethrower
43 Crunch
50 Dragon Breath
57 Extremespeed
64 Crunch
71 Draco Meteor
78 Outrage

TM and HM moves
Roar
Frustration
Sunny Day
Hidden Power
Return
Ice Beam
Blizzard
Hyper Beam
Protect
Flamethrower
Thunderbolt
Fire Blast
Thunder
Sky Drop
Giga Impact
Dragon Tail
HM 02 Fly
HM 04 Strength

Egg Moves:
Charm
Flail
Endure
Curse
Tickle
Wish
Yawn
Fake Tears
Covet
Detect
Natural Gift
Stored Power
Synchronoise

grassdragon said:
zappy800 said:

I'm hoping for a Dragon Eeveelution. It's name could be Draceon. It could learn Draco Meteor.

Image: It's a blueish-green dragon with a 2 meter wingspan. It's an Eveelution. It's chest is a darker blue than the rest of it. The tail has a spike at the end of it. Other than that, it looks like your typical Dragon.

Egg Group: Monster and Dragon

Pokedex Entry: The spike on it's tail is used for defending itself as well as hunting. It flies around at speeds of up to 300 mph.

Base Stats: HP-80, Attack-80, Defense-70, Sp. Attack-80,Sp. Defense-70, Speed-120 Total:500

Evolves from Eevee when you level it up at night while holding the dragon scale)

Moves by Level Up:
Level
-- Tail Whip
-- Tackle
-- Helping Hand
12 Ember
22 Quick Attack
29 Bite
36 Flamethrower
43 Crunch
56 Dragon Breath
68 Extremespeed
76 Outrage
100 Draco Meteor

TM and HM moves
Roar
Frustration
Sunny Day
Hidden Power
Return
Ice Beam
Blizzard
Hyper Beam
Protect
Flamethrower
Thunderbolt
Fire Blast
Thunder
Sky Drop
Giga Impact
Dragon Tail
HM 02 Fly
HM 04 Strength

Egg Moves:
Charm
Flail
Endure
Curse
Tickle
Wish
Yawn
Fake Tears
Covet
Detect
Natural Gift
Stored Power
Synchronoise

First of all, all Eeveelutions have stats like this: 60, 65, 65, 95, 110, 130 re-arranged.
Second, all Eeveelutions have a base total of 525.
Third, the tallest Eeveelutions can be is 1 Meter, or 3'3".
Fourth, all Eeveelutions are in the Field Egg Group.
Fifth, they all have 14 moves through level-up and they learn them all at the same levels, including Eevee. (Eg: at level 9 Vaporeon will learn Water Gun, while Flareon would learn Ember).

I know that it's fan made, but I like to know people care about the details.

Blob55 said:
grassdragon said:

Egg Group: Monster and Dragon

Base Stats: HP-80, Attack-80, Defense-70, Sp. Attack-80,Sp. Defense-70, Speed-120 Total:500

Moves by Level Up:
Level
-- Tail Whip
-- Tackle
-- Helping Hand
12 Ember
22 Quick Attack
29 Bite
36 Flamethrower
43 Crunch
56 Dragon Breath
68 Extremespeed
76 Outrage
100 Draco Meteor

TM and HM moves
Roar
Frustration
Sunny Day
Hidden Power
Return
Ice Beam
Blizzard
Hyper Beam
Protect
Flamethrower
Thunderbolt
Fire Blast
Thunder
Sky Drop
Giga Impact
Dragon Tail
HM 02 Fly
HM 04 Strength

Egg Moves:
Charm
Flail
Endure
Curse
Tickle
Wish
Yawn
Fake Tears
Covet
Detect
Natural Gift
Stored Power
Synchronoise

First of all, all Eeveelutions have stats like this: 60, 65, 65, 95, 110, 130 re-arranged.
Second, all Eeveelutions have a base total of 525.
Third, the tallest Eeveelutions can be is 1 Meter, or 3'3".
Fourth, all Eeveelutions are in the Field Egg Group.
Fifth, they all have 14 moves through level-up and they learn them all at the same levels, including Eevee. (Eg: at level 9 Vaporeon will learn Water Gun, while Flareon would learn Ember).

I know that it's fan made, but I like to know people care about the details.
Wow. I do care about details. It's just that I had no idea there were patterns like that.
I wonder if Sylveon will follow the same trend.
At least I got the height right!
I edited my original post of Draceon to reflect the patterns. Thank you Blob55!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back