XY Pokémon VG General Discussion - Locked: Please Create A New Topic For Anything You'd Like To Discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Leaks / Rumors / Speculation Thread - Don't post topics that have their own thread!

Oblivion_Wing said:
Digicola said:
Seriously ? Because battle revolution was really cool woth all the 3ds animations ... You can get better than that in X and Y ?
*Crosses fingers* "please amazon you don't need to send it to me the 12th ... 10th would be fine ...*

Well.. By preference.. I love the cell-shading in x and y. It adds a lot of excitement for me. Because the BR models look TOO real for pokemon.. While i love BR on the Wii, i think being able to look at x and y outside of home also gives it a +1. Regardless, you will not be disappointed i can assure you.

Trust me on this one, there's only two ways to do good looking pokemon in 3d, one is cel-shading, but it makes them look too flat; it's basically a self-refreshing drawing (not in a negative way, of course, I'm just comparing them with the photorealistic quality present in most modern games). The second one is not using textures, just flat colors, and very few highlights, but that makes them stand out if you introduce them into any kind of realistic setting.
If you make 3d pokemon with proper, real-world, animal-like textures, they look horrible.

So, this is close to the limit of 3d quality realism we can get from pokemon.

Chespin777 said:
professorlight said:
Has it occured to you that some people did not want the gym leaders spoilered?

Thanks a lot...

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that I had caused. You do realise that I'm new to Pokebeach's forums. Therefore when I came, I decided to post my own thread about information leaks. I hadn't noticed that there was another thread that was comprehensive to relevant things such as leaks, rumors, and Pokemon X&Y news. The moderator decided to move my post to this thread. Even though I did state in my post's headline that it contains major spoilers! I amended my post, I included spoiler tags to my post now. ;)

No problem, didn't noticed it came from a merged thread. So I guess it wasn't your fault. But, for the next time, saying "spoilers ahead" is only useful when the spoilers are in a single, easily avoidable paragraph. If the spoilers are words, big pictures and take several moments of scrolling down, then it's just like trying to stop artillery rounds with a bulletproof vest.

RE: Leaks / Rumors / Speculation Thread - Don't post topics that have their own thread!

For those of you who are discussing a possible gen 3 remakes, I came across these references of the Hoenn region in pokemon X&Y games.

tumblr_mudz42UFgN1s5h76do1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mudz42UFgN1s5h76do2_1280.jpg

Notice the elderly couple in the second screenshot, they mention a famous place located in Slateport city of the Hoenn region, "The Oceanic museum". The couples are the same you can meet in R/S/E!

So could these references be a hint for a gen 3 remake?

Chespin777 said:
For those of you who are discussing a possible gen 3 remakes, I came across these references of the Hoenn region in pokemon X&Y games.

Notice the elderly couple in the second screenshot, they mention a famous place located in Slateport city of the Hoenn region, "The Oceanic museum". The couples are the same you can meet in R/S/E!

I think that entirely depends on one thing: if they referance the other generations or not. No leakers would show any references to Kanto or Johto because they don't expect them to be made into remakes again, but if they are bringing up phrases and people from all previous generations, then it's just nostalgia. It's not meant to "troll" or "tease", it's just meant to amuse people who have followed all the games.

If they don't reference anything but Hoenn and gen 3 (or referance mostly hoenn), then it's definitely a sign of something, and visiting the region is the only thing that makes sense weather it's a post game DLC, a remake, or whatever else they decide to do!

Is it true that Goomy's line is that of a Pesudo Legendary as many people claim to say? I have read the article on another site and while its possible, the Goomy line still needs one criteria to full fill:

Every Pesudo Legendary Pokémon line was always adjacent to Legendary Pokémon trios within their respective regional Pokédex. I just looked up the current version of the Pokedex that was complied by people through the help of leaks, and surprisingly, the Goomy-line is nowhere near the Legendary trio of the games within the dex, that being Xerneas, Yveltal and Zygarde. Adding to that, there's still three empty places right next to them.

Now I'm not saying this might be another brand new evolutionary line of some sort, and it could still be filled in by a old line of Pokémon that is yet undiscovered or anything, but its something that I noticed just now. Perhaps this is the spot for the Salamence like, who knows, for he hasn't been discovered yet within the dex, unless he's exclusive for some reason.

Then again, Gamefreak has broken so many trends, that this is likely the case.

Aerodactyl said:
Chespin777 said:

I think that entirely depends on one thing: if they referance the other generations or not. No leakers would show any references to Kanto or Johto because they don't expect them to be made into remakes again, but if they are bringing up phrases and people from all previous generations, then it's just nostalgia. It's not meant to "troll" or "tease", it's just meant to amuse people who have followed all the games.

If they don't reference anything but Hoenn and gen 3 (or referance mostly hoenn), then it's definitely a sign of something, and visiting the region is the only thing that makes sense weather it's a post game DLC, a remake, or whatever else they decide to do!
I would love for it to be DLC! It would be a great idea for them to make money and still please the fans.

Hoenn was an amazing region. I liked the first two generation, because of their Japanese inspired design, generation 2 even made this more apparent due to better graphics. It was such a foreign and mysterious region. I like Hoenn for the same reason, it still had this very natural feel to it, yet it was based in a completely different setting. The fact that it was released along with Mario Sunshine and Wind Waker made it even more amazing, it was the generation of sun, ocean, and tropics. The following generation went for a more industrial look, bigger cities, roads, cars, even though it's normal in our world, I always had a hard time imagining traffic in a Pokémon game. I prefered the more quiet, and rural look of it. I'm glad they take a step back with this generation (Kalos reminds me more of a big garden, the same feeling a had with Pikmin 3).

I've seen some gameplay now, and it's great. The music reminds me of Hoenn, the battle music reminds me of Colosseum. The 3D models just look fantastic. I'm still not a big fan of the 450 Pokémon. I think 300 would have been more than enough, but since the music is very Colosseum-esque, it reminds me of those games, were the amount of Pokémon was huge as well. In that sense, the music makes up for the unexplained large amount of Pokémon.

And Vivillon, that Pokémon gets better every time I see it.

G-Panthera said:
Is it true that Goomy's line is that of a Pesudo Legendary as many people claim to say? I have read the article on another site and while its possible, the Goomy line still needs one criteria to full fill:

Every Pesudo Legendary Pokémon line was always adjacent to Legendary Pokémon trios within their respective regional Pokédex. I just looked up the current version of the Pokedex that was complied by people through the help of leaks, and surprisingly, the Goomy-line is nowhere near the Legendary trio of the games within the dex, that being Xerneas, Yveltal and Zygarde. Adding to that, there's still three empty places right next to them.

Now I'm not saying this might be another brand new evolutionary line of some sort, and it could still be filled in by a old line of Pokémon that is yet undiscovered or anything, but its something that I noticed just now. Perhaps this is the spot for the Salamence like, who knows, for he hasn't been discovered yet within the dex, unless he's exclusive for some reason.

Garchomp wasn't near a legendary Pokémon either. It just depends on where the Pokémon is found, usually very late in game, but Gible wasn't, neither is Goomy I guess. If it's a 3-staged line, and the final evolution has a BST of 600, it's a pseudo-legendary.

Pokequaza said:
Hoenn was an amazing region. I liked the first two generation, because of their Japanese inspired design, generation 2 even made this more apparent due to better graphics. It was such a foreign and mysterious region. I like Hoenn for the same reason, it still had this very natural feel to it, yet it was based in a completely different setting. The fact that it was released along with Mario Sunshine and Wind Waker made it even more amazing, it was the generation of sun, ocean, and tropics. The following generation went for a more industrial look, bigger cities, roads, cars, even though it's normal in our world, I always had a hard time imagining traffic in a Pokémon game. I prefered the more quiet, and rural look of it. I'm glad they take a step back with this generation (Kalos reminds me more of a big garden, the same feeling a had with Pikmin 3).

I've seen some gameplay now, and it's great. The music reminds me of Hoenn, the battle music reminds me of Colosseum. The 3D models just look fantastic. I'm still not a big fan of the 450 Pokémon. I think 300 would have been more than enough, but since the music is very Colosseum-esque, it reminds me of those games, were the amount of Pokémon was huge as well. In that sense, the music makes up for the unexplained large amount of Pokémon.

And Vivillon, that Pokémon gets better every time I see it.

G-Panthera said:
Is it true that Goomy's line is that of a Pesudo Legendary as many people claim to say? I have read the article on Bulbapedia and while its possible, the Goomy line still needs one criteria to full fill:

Garchomp wasn't near a legendary Pokémon either. It just depends on where the Pokémon is found, usually very late in game, but Gible wasn't, neither is Goomy I guess. If it's a 3-staged line, and the final evolution has a BST of 600, it's a pseudo-legendary.

Alright then, that clears some things up. Has it already been confirmed if Goodra has a BST of 600?

Zoroark can be found in the wild during post game

http://instagram.com/p/fPakGDIBa4/

I wonder why they didn't do this in gen 5

Yveltal knows Shadow Force (Giritina's Signature Move). It is renamed Phantom Force

http://instagram.com/p/fPmM1KoBSV/

Hey im new here! New member long time lurker (ive read the whole fourm since the beginning but just never posted :p) anyway im here for some Move speculation!
Based on the animation for Yveltal's move Oblivion wing you can see there is a short shimmer around his body after the move is finished similar to when using Giga Drain or Draining Kiss. Because of this I believe Oblivion wing restores the users HP equal to half (or equal too) the damage delt to the opponent similar to Giga Drain or Draining Kiss.
Xerneaslight.jpg
Another Theory I have as the move that Xerneas is using in this screen shot is the TM given out by the Fairy type Gym leader, the move Dazzling Gleam.

Reggie McGigas said:

Yveltal knows Shadow Force (Giritina's Signature Move). It is renamed Phantom Force

Not quite, Phantom Force is not strong enough to be Shadow Force which has about130 power, This appears to be a weaker version, like Psystrike and Psyshock.

Reggie McGigas said:

I think that's an entirely new move.
It's not Giratinas sig. move.

if Zoroark is only catchable during post-game,it means that there are different and new areas other than just the "battle tower" or that kind of stuff ^^.

MuhFugginMoose said:
Reggie McGigas said:

30 less power and 5 more PP. It's definitely a new move

leecario said:
MuhFugginMoose said:

30 less power and 5 more PP. It's definitely a new move

That sounds pretty cool. Hmm... I can think of one other Dark-type legendary who ought to be able to learn such a move... Heh heh heh... Cresselia is done for...

Speaking of which, have any previous legendaries' locations been uncovered? I really do not want to have to transfer my Darkrai - and wait for a while before I can even do so.

I know you can't believe what is b on 4chan, but someone said misdrevious n mismag are x exclusive and retyped ghost/fairy. Can anyone confirm this?

The only thing I hate about the new move similar to shadow force is that it doesn't affect normal type Pokémon. What, why?

I moved some posts asking simple questions about the game that are not related to rumors or speculation to this thread.
If you have questions about the game that are not speculative (such as "where do I find Goomy"), please post them there instead of here!

Level 11 dragon type in the wild? Huh, makes raising a pseudo much easier (even if not the pseudo of Kalos, who seems to be near the end).

Edit: This is what one of the reviews apparently says, anyway.

Bloodronin said:
I know you can't believe what is b on 4chan, but someone said misdrevious n mismag are x exclusive and retyped ghost/fairy. Can anyone confirm this?

Oh please, oh please, oh please tell me they are fairy now. pleaaaaaase. this is the only thing that could make want to buy X after yveltal's awesome moves.

Wait a minute... gardevoir, mismagius, glaceon and allegedly, articuno... YES! the old gang is back! I'm gonna tear this game a new one!

If it's true that Misdrevious is X exclusive, won't that mean Murkrow would be exclusive to Y, also?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back