Pokemon Pokémon That Look Better Than Their Evolved Forms

RE: Pokemon That Look Better Than Their Evolved Forms

Lickitung - I HATE Lickilicky, from its stupid, derpy (even derpier than Lickitung) face to its awful name. I feel Lickitung needed an evolution by its base stats, but come on, something a little better than what we got.

Chansey - Blissey is boring and forgettable to me. It's basically Chansey wearing a skirt. Stupid.

Electabuzz - Kind of along the same lines of Lickitung, but to me, Electabuzz's design was perfection. Electivire reminds me too much of the Hamburglar. Really, I don't like any of the designs introduced in D/P that butchered some of R/B's designs: Rhyperior, Magmortar, Tangrowth, Magnezone.

Togepi - When I first evolved Togepi, I was very disappointed in Togetic's design (even more so when I evolved Togetic in D/P!). I sorta wish Togepi would've just stayed a baby, as a novelty type of Pokemon, like Plusle and Minun.

Gloom - In relation to Bellossom. I don't think Bellossom should evolve from Gloom. It should have been its own line.

Honchkrow - I love Murkrow's tiny bird design, then it's ruined by evolving into a fat crow.

Dewott - I wish it would have remained bipedal when it evolved into Samurott. It would have been more samurai-esque like that anyway. I also think this line should have been Water/Fighting, and Emboar's line just Fire.

Bunnelby - Diggersby... whhhhyyyyy? I just don't like it... at... all. Bunnelby is this cute little bunny and it evolves into a freak rabbit with arm-ear mutations jutting out of its skull.

CutePikachu said:
Shieldon over Bastiodon. 'Nuff said.

Nooo >: *huddles up and cries in a corner*

I never got how people don't like the dinosaur with a solid steel castle wall for a head. It's the one thing almost everyone seems to disagree with, and I always feel sad when Bastiodon doesn't get any love. Rampardos has little relevance to the title 'Head Butt Pokémon' when his rival's head is a wall made of horns and steel, I always laughed imagining them facing off and Rampardos just cracking its own head open trying to hurt Bastiodon. x)

But oh well, I hope there are more fans out there that feel the same way. :3

Fanmar said:
CutePikachu said:
Shieldon over Bastiodon. 'Nuff said.

Nooo >: *huddles up and cries in a corner*

I never got how people don't like the dinosaur with a solid steel castle wall for a head. It's the one thing almost everyone seems to disagree with, and I always feel sad when Bastiodon doesn't get any love. Rampardos has little relevance to the title 'Head Butt Pokémon' when his rival's head is a wall made of horns and steel, I always laughed imagining them facing off and Rampardos just cracking its own head open trying to hurt Bastiodon. x)

But oh well, I hope there are more fans out there that feel the same way. :3

I do prefer Bastiodon over Shieldon. Sure, the last is tiny and cute but Bastiodon just has that bulky but tender and gentle Pokémon like Grotle (I don't like to say this but it looks like a Bulldog dinosaur) and from its back it's like a miniature Tryceratops. The only thing I dislike about it the shield since those four "castle windows" remind me of eyes and its nose and eyebrows remind me of those natives with their noses pierces by some kind of stick.

Speaking of fossils, I think Cranidos looks better than Rampardos, mostly because of this last one's sprites caused me some confusion about its black portion above its eyes. I couldn't figure out if it was some kind of stripe or just flatened skull. I'm almost sure (yeah, I still have doubts) it's the last option and so it seems like Rampardos had its skull opened and the blue thing is a hardened brain.

Leaf_Ranger said:
I do prefer Bastiodon over Shieldon. Sure, the last is tiny and cute but Bastiodon just has that bulky but tender and gentle Pokémon like Grotle (I don't like to say this but it looks like a Bulldog dinosaur) and from its back it's like a miniature Tryceratops. The only thing I dislike about it the shield since those four "castle windows" remind me of eyes and its nose and eyebrows remind me of those natives with their noses pierces by some kind of stick.

Speaking of fossils, I think Cranidos looks better than Rampardos, mostly because of this last one's sprites caused me some confusion about its black portion above its eyes. I couldn't figure out if it was some kind of stripe or just flatened skull. I'm almost sure (yeah, I still have doubts) it's the last option and so it seems like Rampardos had its skull opened and the blue thing is a hardened brain.
Ah, I never related the image of those natives with the stick/bone trough their nose with Bastiodon before, I can understand why people don't find that appealing. Damn, now I can't unsee it! Oh well, it's still awesome to me. x)

I know exactly what you're talking about with Rampardos as I had the same confusion after seeing him first. But after looking at the official art you can see that the black part of it's head is indeed flat and the spikes are protruding from there. I don't think the Blue part is its brain though just a really tough skull, headbutting with your squishy brain doesn't sound like a fantastic idea. Why is that part protruding like that? No idea, but it does look kinda awkward when you pay attention to it.

Fanmar said:
Leaf_Ranger said:

Ah, I never related the image of those natives with the stick/bone trough their nose with Bastiodon before, I can understand why people don't find that appealing. Damn, now I can't unsee it! Oh well, it's still awesome to me. x)

I know exactly what you're talking about with Rampardos as I had the same confusion after seeing him first. But after looking at the official art you can see that the black part of it's head is indeed flat and the spikes are protruding from there. I don't think the Blue part is its brain though just a really tough skull, headbutting with your squishy brain doesn't sound like a fantastic idea. Why is that part protruding like that? No idea, but it does look kinda awkward when you pay attention to it.

Yup, even if I become blind I will see it in my head! When you look at the "shield" and don't look at the eyebrows it'seasy to see the castle " theme" and forget about the tribal.

I know the blue thing isn't brain exactly because it would made no sense headbutting with the brain (even if it were hardened), but since the head is flat it looks like someone removed the upper part that is now "missing", and with the red eyes it looks like some kind of Frankenstein's monster. At least Cranidos only has the upper part of its nose flattened.

I want to add Fletchling to the list for me. I don’t dislike Talonflame, but for another fire-bird, I was hoping for something really beautiful and for it to have some flames. I think Fletchling looks really nice and I like the design better than Talonflame’s.

I like the design of Eevee more then all the evo`s forms..Eevee is just cute and fluffy.. :3

Drohn said:
I want to add Fletchling to the list for me. I don’t dislike Talonflame, but for another fire-bird, I was hoping for something really beautiful and for it to have some flames. I think Fletchling looks really nice and I like the design better than Talonflame’s.

I agree with you but I prefer Fletchinder. This seems like a natural "evolution" for Fletchling mainly when looking at its body but it also has some spunk. Talonflame isn't quite fitting and from its artwork (not counting the DreamWorld) it looks somewhat quiet. The best comparison I can come up with is Staraptor and Staravia. Staraptor has the tough looking personality while Staravia doesn't have such think, looking at Letchinder and Talonflame it's the other way around. I was expecting Talonflame to be more like Braviary: great body but with revealing eyes; Talonflame also has a great body (the flames pattern is the best) but it's eyes, while not bad, are somewhat hidden and it needs a closer look.

Deffinetly Pidove and Tranquil. I remember back when BW came out, when I saw Unfezant, I was like... OMG hell no! Even nowdays... Unfezant is still one of ugliest Pokemon for me. Maybe that was because I loved Staraptor in DPt, and I expect gen V's bird Pokemon to be as equal as awesome. Well... it wasn't.

Even Tranquill looks like turkey. Unfezant just... No. Pidove <3

I like Dratini & Dragonair better then Dragonite.
Not that I don't like Dragonite at all.. the evolved form just never made that much sense to me in comparison to Dratini and Dragonair..

Gouka-no-Goukazaru said:
Deffinetly Pidove and Tranquil. I remember back when BW came out, when I saw Unfezant, I was like... OMG hell no! Even nowdays... Unfezant is still one of ugliest Pokemon for me. Maybe that was because I loved Staraptor in DPt, and I expect gen V's bird Pokemon to be as equal as awesome. Well... it wasn't.

Even Tranquill looks like turkey. Unfezant just... No. Pidove <3

I like (male) Unfezant and I just love Pidove (I dislike Tranquil) but I agree that they really don't look good in the same evolution line. That said, I couldn't see Pidove standing out without a three stage comparing to Pokémon like Braviary and Mandibuzz, and Pidove is just a pidgeon/dove so it would be really hard to make a three stage line by just following that look without adding anything to stand out.

Let's talk about omanyte (our lord Helix) and how it's so much cooler than the boogie dancing omastar...seriously cute little nautilus into syfy squid attack.

It seems like almost all the water starters (Minus Empoleon and Greninja) have cooler mid-evolutions then their final evolution. I prefer Wartortle over Blastoise, because I think it's wing-like ears are very cool. I like Totodile because of how cute and funny he was in the anime, but I don't like Croconaw or Feraligatr. Dewott is the best mid-starter of all though, and Samorott is my favorite gen. 5 starter because of the whole Warrior-theme.

Trapinch and Flygon

I think Vibrava and Flygon should have been their own separate evolutions.

How does something so cute, and mind you Salmon Pink in color. Suddenly change to something Green with Wings. They look like completely separate Pokemon, imo.

Trapinch should have never evolved or had a better evolution

Vibrava and Flygon should be their own thing too

Braixen. The concept is a fire type fox with witch elements, so they could have gone basically anywhere with it, yet they chose Delphox's design. Uh, why? It doesn't have the cuteness of Braixen or easily identifiable witch/mage flair. No staff, no hat, no cloak. Just a big dumb fox holding a burning stick. It fails to capture the essence of the concept and fails to evoke any sort of reaction other than "why did I evolve my adorable Braixen for whatever the hell this is supposed to be?"

also

"did you think Swampert couldn't get any more wack? think again lel" - game freak

Umbra said:
Trapinch and Flygon

I think Vibrava and Flygon should have been their own separate evolutions.

How does something so cute, and mind you Salmon Pink in color. Suddenly change to something Green with Wings. They look like completely separate Pokemon, imo.

Trapinch should have never evolved or had a better evolution

Vibrava and Flygon should be their own thing too

http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/On_the_Origin_of_Species:_Trapinch,_Vibrava_and_Flygon

Pumpkaboo and Gourgeist. Pumpkaboo is a cute Pokémon with a simple skirt/dipper/kind of overall and a ghost coming out of it (I'm still wondering if the black ghost is a plant or ethereal) and then it evolves and changes into a vegetable coming out like a candle and with hair (I know it's its arms), while the now black pumpkin is scarier than before (perhaps that' the point, to be distracted by the pumpkin while the upper part makes its victims sufer). Besides, the whole Pokémon reminds me of some onion! That said, I can't imagine another evolution for sweet (I wouldn't be calling this if it was real -_-) Pumpkaboo.

Vibrava looks so much cooler than Flygon. Why? Because with Vibrava they stayed with a Dragon/Bug look (a theme of the line), which imo is a cool concept, and then Vibrava evolves into a green lizard that doesn't really feel like it goes with the evolution line.

Starboard Driger said:
http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/On_the_Origin_of_Species:_Trapinch,_Vibrava_and_Flygon

The problem with this is that I still won't accept it much. Because its to ODD. Almost all evolutions in Pokemon share something with each other. And its just to weird.

Fennekin looked so good as a starter , but then came Delfox -__- , I honestly think that game freak could of done so much better with it but instead they gave a Fox.... a dress !!

Renegade Oreo said:
Fennekin looked so good as a starter , but then came Delfox -__- , I honestly think that game freak could of done so much better with it but instead they gave a Fox.... a dress !!

It's not a dress its a witch dress there is a difference.
I am okay with Delphox's design except for those huge red things coming out of its ears.
I thing they took it too far in that aspect.
And it is too bad that it is holding a stick.
I expected a cool long magician wand.

Back