XY Pokémon Playthrough Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Pokémon X / Y : Questions and Answers

Does the Exp. Share give non-battle participants EVs? I'm pretty sure that it doesn't but I just wanna make sure.

safariblade said:
Does the Exp. Share give non-battle participants EVs? I'm pretty sure that it doesn't but I just wanna make sure.

Well, I have a level 9 baby Eevee that's never been in battle and I hatched him, but he's got his EVs raised just from EXP share, so I suppose so.

if anybody wonders way later on, I found out where to get genesects disks, where to change deoxys forms and the kami trios forms. of course it wont matter till December 27th.u get genesects disk/s in the fossil place, same goes for deoxys form changes (I think) and in order to change the kami trios forms theres a women at the end of reflecting cave that talks about the mirror. but im only guessing for deoxys and the kami trio.

now I have a question. how do I get sycamore to upgrade my mega ring? ive beaten the elite 4 and ive gone to the station where he gives you the pass to go to kiloude city but I didn't fight my rival there at all and it says on serebii.net that you have to do that before sycamore upgrades the mega ring/ sends you to the sun dial. im at a complete lost here. can anybody help me out?

safariblade said:
It does give EVs, just like in previous gens. If you don't want a pokemon to get EVs via Exp share, just super-train it first (takes about an hour and a half to fully train at a casual pace)

legend-tamer said:
now I have a question. how do I get sycamore to upgrade my mega ring? ive beaten the elite 4 and ive gone to the station where he gives you the pass to go to kiloude city but I didn't fight my rival there at all and it says on serebii.net that you have to do that before sycamore upgrades the mega ring/ sends you to the sun dial. im at a complete lost here. can anybody help me out?
Yes. complete at least 1 battle in the Battle Maison first. Then your rival will appear at the bench near the top right of Kiloude city. The rest is correct as you heard.

Is there any possible chance that the Friend Safari type your FC has is influenced by the profile question, "What your favorite type?" on the PSS?

nope. otherwise FCs that were not used with X or Y wouldn't work.

Anyone know what times the Girl in Anistar City gives out TM 90 and forgot the other TM but what time of day do I need to get those 2 TM's? Thanks XD.:)

So, I've asked for you guys to see if my Piss-You-Off Furfrou idea was good but it ended up ignored. I just wanna know if it will be beneficial in battle. It will be hatched soon and will have HP, Attack, and both Defenses raised as high as possible. Special Defense will be 1/3 higher than regular Defense.

I did not see that post but yeah sounds like it will be. Try to use it in the Battle Maison Single or Double Battles to see if it will work XD. Yeah I have not gotten much help either. Not too many people know everything yet I guess because they have only been out a week.:) This is my first ever release that I got the games within the first hour they came out. The downloaded version will tie me over for now.:)

I spent hours soft resetting yesterday and the day before. I got a modest Yveltal, but I'm wondering if I should have gone with a Mild or Hasty nature so I didn't get the 10% deduction to the Attack stat. The stats I went with in the end; HP 201, Attack 133, Defense 115, SP.A 166, SP.Def 114, Speed 119. I believe I could have gotten 135 in Attack and 118 in SP.Def but I got fed up.

Sorry for being a little bit derpy, but what exactly is Friend Safari, and how do you use it? I've just tried to find every feature of the game myself without googling etc, and it has not even once been mentioned during my progress of the game.

Also, does Kalos have a regular Safari Zone?

Pineapple X said:
Sorry for being a little bit derpy, but what exactly is Friend Safari, and how do you use it? I've just tried to find every feature of the game myself without googling etc, and it has not even once been mentioned during my progress of the game.

Also, does Kalos have a regular Safari Zone?

Friend Safari is a feature where every friend you have has a specific type that they use; they have 3 Pokemon of that type, and if the friend is online then they can have their hidden ability.
The type is determined by the player's FC.
For them to actually come up, you need to a) have the friend registered and b) the friend has registered you.

The Kanto and Kalos starter Pokemon are both available in their second forms, and can have their hidden abilities (for the Kalos ones, Frogadier has a new ability called Protean, Quilladin has a new one called Guardian, and Braixen has a new one called Magician).
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

I've received a Modest Magician Braixen over the GTS; is that worth deleting the EVs and training up in Super Training? If so, what EV spread is worth using?

I've been hoarding pearls, star pieces, and other valuable items expecting there to be a collector in a latter town but haven't come across one yet.

Is there any point in keeping these items, or should I just sell them now?

P.DelSlayer said:
I've received a Modest Magician Braixen over the GTS; is that worth deleting the EVs and training up in Super Training? If so, what EV spread is worth using?
well, you could always breed for a Timid (since both male and female can pass the ability now), but modest is decent. I'd personally go 4HP / 252SAtk / 252Spe on Delphox.

In Pokemon X and Y, what is the best way to teach a Pokemon Fire Punch if they can't learn it through breeding or leveling up? Is there a TM for it that I'm just not seeing or is there someone that teaches it to them or what?

Customization Sounds

Anyone notice that per costume change there is some sort of sound effect when you click "change"? Does that have any effect it the game whatsoever?

How do I migrate my Dream Points into Pokemiles? Thanks XD.:)

Has anyone encountered an abnormal amount of shiny pokemon? I picked up the game opening day, have about 70 hours logged, and have caught the following shiny pokemon this week:

Amoonguss (Pokemon Village)
Pawniard (Lost Hotel)
Electabuzz (Pokemon Safari)

This is more shiny pokemon I have encountered in a week than in a decade of playing the series. Thoughts?

No$tradamus said:
Has anyone encountered an abnormal amount of shiny pokemon? I picked up the game opening day, have about 70 hours logged, and have caught the following shiny pokemon this week:

Amoonguss (Pokemon Village)
Pawniard (Lost Hotel)
Electabuzz (Pokemon Safari)

This is more shiny pokemon I have encountered in a week than in a decade of playing the series. Thoughts?

It's currently believed that the shiny encounter rate has been lowered, though it's not known how much. We do, however, have a whole thread dedicated to discuss XY shinies that you can read here. :D

Alright, I have a question. Terribly sorry if it's already been answered.
Does anybody know what egg moves Noibat gets and, if so, what Pokemon it gets them from? Or have egg moves been removed entirely?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back