XY Pokémon Playthrough Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Pokémon X / Y : Questions and Answers

where can i get ID card to get into the power plant, that the flare grunt dropped?

Jade said:
where can i get ID card to get into the power plant, that the flare grunt dropped?

Use the dowsing machine and you'll find it. It's in a rock that is somewhat bigger than the others around it and is very close to the grunt who dropped it. It's not to hard to find. Also, if I remember correctly it's against an edge or wall or something if it helps. You don't need the dowsing machine to find it but you can't see it so it helps. Remember to look for a rock near the grunt that's a bit bigger than the other rocks near it (Around the size of the player).
Hope I helped :)

Nintenderek said:
Do you remember how to get to the specific rock that you smashed? I'm having a hard time finding old amber

There is no specific rock for it. Instead, its randomised. Just keep smashing rocks, and eventually you'll find it.

-----

If my evee evolved into sylveon @ lvl 21 and not 20 when sylveon learns draining kiss, can I still get draining kiss back through a move tutor?

The move relearner will teach it. I haven't gotten up to the relearner yet, but I assume you still need a heart scale...

Random question: Whenever I battle with my Frogadier, it says it gains "boosted" experience points, just like the text for traded Pokémon. Does anyone know why that's happening? >_>

Hello everyone, I am new to this place and i got a question.

Where can i find a shellder in pokemon y?

And can i make my machamp learn the elemental punches in y?

Please help me :3

Artemis said:
Random question: Whenever I battle with my Frogadier, it says it gains "boosted" experience points, just like the text for traded Pokémon. Does anyone know why that's happening? >_>

Are you using the Experience Share? The gives experience to your entire team, and overlaps the XP give to the battling pokemon. Meaning, it gains the XP from the battle, and the shared Experience.

EDIT: Someone said there was a Dbz reference in the game... It may not have been in this thread, but I just found the reference :p

James86134 said:
Artemis said:

Are you using the Experience Share? The gives experience to your entire team, and overlaps the XP give to the battling pokemon. Meaning, it gains the XP from the battle, and the shared Experience.

I'm occasionally using it (depends on my team and who I'm leveling at the time), but I don't think it would be the Exp Share because it's only happening to Frogadier, not any of my other Pokémon, no matter which one is fighting. For example, I have the Exp Share on now and fighting with Tyrunt, and he doesn't get the "boosted" Exp message.

Artemis said:

The effect comes from doing Pokémon Amie. If any of your team members has atleast two levels of affection (two hearts) or more, you get boosted exp for those Pokémon. I should know. Once I had two hearts myself I got the effect as well.:)

You should take advantage of this, and give all your team members that you plan to keep in your team, two hearts of affection atleast to trigger the effect.

Oh, awesome! Thanks! That makes a lot of sense, I just haven't seen "bonus exp" listed under the effects of Pokémon Amie. Frogadier is the only Pokémon I've done Amie with yet, so it makes sense that he's the only one getting that benefit.

Artemis said:
Oh, awesome! Thanks! That makes a lot of sense, I just haven't seen "bonus exp" listed under the effects of Pokémon Amie. Frogadier is the only Pokémon I've done Amie with yet, so it makes sense that he's the only one getting that benefit.

No problem. If you want the others to benefit, doing Pokémon Amie is recommended. Can speed up the training for your team partners.:)

Natures increase one stat by 10% while decreasing another stat by 10%

IV's determine how much each stat will grow by the time you reach Lv.100 / Each Lv.
There's no way to check these figures, but somehow they can be approximated.

EV's are bonuses. At Lv.100 every 4 EV's equates to 1 stat. You have a total of 510. The maximum EV bonus for one stat is 252.

I was of the impression EV's affected what stats increase upon leveling up. So, how does one approximate IV's then?

Guradon said:
Does anyone know where I can buy Honey?

I know Combee can gather it when you have it in your team. I don't know if it's sold in shops or not.

Has anybody worked out how to get the discount for the clothing store in Lumoise City? I would really appreciate it.

Does anyone know where/when Helioptile/Heliolisk learns Earth Power? Thanks!

Im stuck. After i have 7 badges im supposed to go to lumios city. But where in the city?

WitherSnow said:
Im stuck. After i have 7 badges im supposed to go to lumios city. But where in the city?

It's the big city in the middle of the map shaped like a Pokeball. During this point in the story, you have to...

Go to the Flare cafe in the middle of the city. Fly to Luminos City to the CENTER of the Pokeball shape (the tiny circle), and look for the Flare grunt. Behind her will be the cafe. Beat both of the people inside, and then interact with the bookcase in the back of the cafe.

Rusty Sticks said:
WitherSnow said:

It's the big city in the middle of the map shaped like a Pokeball. During this point in the story, you have to...

Go to the Flare cafe in the middle of the city. Fly to Luminos City to the CENTER of the Pokeball shape (the tiny circle), and look for the Flare grunt. Behind her will be the cafe. Beat both of the people inside, and then interact with the bookcase in the back of the cafe.

Thannk you!

Griseous, Adamant, and Lustrous Orbs are available post-game in Terminus Cave, in the same place you catch Zygarde.

Several mega stones are available post-game, and only at night.

The mega stones of the Kanto starters you did not pick are for sale by an old guy in Luminos City. The stone will change every three days, and the price will drop significantly after beating the game.

Is it possible to obtain a Pawniard before you beat the Sixth Gym? In other words, is the path to Route 15 / Lost Hotel locked until the Gym in Laverre City is beaten?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back