Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Starry Trails

Status
Not open for further replies.
OOC:Just pointing out, King's bio says he is very limited in magic. Some of the things he's done don't seem possible to someone very limited in magic.

IC:Alex turned to the Myer. "It's quite dark down here. Do you have any way of lighting it up a bit? My night vision is good enough that I won't bump into any walls, but not a whole lot better than that. Also, I'd prefer to have warning of a trap or enemy beforehand."

Ooc: limited to strength based magic. I'm sorry I forgot to right that. I thought it was specific enough. The Earth Magic King has used all requires lifting. He can't breathe fire, or shoot lightning, and is very poor at using certain earth magic.

King has been using Earth Magic the whole time, which in his style is similar to Earthbending. If King is in an earthen tunnel, logically, he has better use of his magic. I know how my character operates.

I'm not god modding. I do not want to god mod, and if I did, I'd simply destroy the whole tunnel instead of search it.

...strength-based magic? I don't think that King was doing any Earth magic that wasn't offensive.
And still, for someone that is limited in magic, like Dark Void said, it seems like he can do a heck of a lot.

"Hmm..." Myzer asked. "Oh, sorry, my bad. I don't need light to see." He muttered a few words, but nothing happened. he tried this a second time, and got a small flame to lit on his left index finger. "No good at magic..." He muttered.

(Just keep in mind what you have stuck yourself with, patrick.)
The small flame revealed cracks along the ground. Large cracks.

"My superior was the one that was in charge of the spell making and was also the one that successfuly captured the Vaporeon. From the looks of her expression in the brief battle, she is unfamiliar with the magic here," the Ampharos said. "It should be able to keep her at bay for at least a few more hours."

The cracks were slightly dulled, meaning there was enough time for the humid air to smooth out the edges for at least a few days.

Ooc: I will only keep it at the level I have been, since clearly you didn't mind that.

King moves down the for about 30 minutes.

Alex glanced around and did some quick calculations. "According to my analysis, the most likely cause of these cracks would be an earthquake shaking the ground loose or water eroding the ground away. As I don't see any water in the area, an earthquake seems very likely. An earthquake in an underground tunnel-I think it would be wise to proceed quickly and get it over with."

Ooc: I forgot to mention that of course, if King goes on some epic journey of self discovery, he will become stronger.

Myzer nodded, and then stood up again. "Then let's get going." He started off again, at a brisk pace.

Ranald nodded, taking that in.
"So in a few hours, she could easily get used to the magic and break out of her prison?"

(I didn't post yet, patrick. XD)
"Provided she figures out how it works," the Ampharos replied. "The spell doesn't look like it's wearing down in power over power, but there's a loophole in it that's created to keep the spell stable. This loophole won't be be for another few hours."

As King walks, he gets noticeably deeper underground. Probably at this time, he was fifty feet below sea level, the oxygen supply still constant. However, unlike areas as low as this, something felt amiss. The ground feels too soft, almost like the ground back above, not solid rock that would hold strongly against blows.

The cracks continue on and split around, widening until Myzer was forced to stay on one side of the tunnl to keep himself from slipping into the abyss. There were no problems keeping Alex from levitating over. It was only a matter of time before Myzer's path stops, columns of earth availble at least six feet apart each, only three visible to the flame. At the same time, the tunnel has widened out and sloped down into the bottomless black.

Myzer frowned. "I can probably jump to the next pillar, but I might end up being stranded in the middle, if they don't continue."

"So this loophole...if she finds out what the loophole is and how to take advantage of it, then she can break out. Can is the keyword here, fellas."
He turned his head towards them.
"Should I stay here to help guard?"

King says, "Odd. You'd think the rock got harder once I passed the bedrock, with all of this pressure coming down." King continues down the tunnel.

Ooc: Darn my impatience!!!

"To hell with that!"
"If he wants to stay, he can," the Ampharos answered, completely ignoring the Tyranitar, who stared at the other guard in shock.

And the ground below King collapses, breaking apart at his feet at an alarming rate.

King scrabbles back towards the edge, trying to build a solid platform out of earth. He (hopefully) pulls himself out and starts running back down the tunnel, earthskating when he can, until eventually he reaches Myzer and Alex.

Ooc: From now on, as a general reference, whenever I post hopefully, that's what I hope will happen. Kind of derp to say, but just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back