PokéBeach Create-A-Card November 2013! Nekoban Ryo, Four Arms, Luispipe8, winners are you!

RE: PokéBeach Create-A-Card November 2013!

[starts singing "Why Can't We Be Friends?"]

Anyway, why do people feel like they can't use a Pokemon if someone else uses it for the CaC? I've always been curious about that...

It's not that you can't, for me I just like to be original.
Aegislash is a cool pokemon, everyone wants to use him for their entry. :p
Even if I still made a Bisharp, Teal's would be so much cooler already.

Edit:
Right, right. Too short.

Aegislash (Blade Forme) 160HP [M]
Stage 2 (Evolves from Doublade)

Ability: Blade Of The Ruined King
This Pokémon cannot attack if you do not have a King's Rock is in the discard pile.

Subjugate [M][M][C] 100
Heal from this Pokémon the same amount of damage you did to the Defending Pokémon.

Damnation [M][M][P][C][C] 50x
This attack does 50 damage times the number of King's Rock in your discard pile.

Weakness:[R] Resistance:[P]
Retreat cost:[C][C]

R 1/1 Pokébeach CAC

King's Rock
Pokémon Tool
(Attach a Pokémon Tool to 1 of your Pokémon that doesn't already have a Pokémon Tool attached to it.)

The Pokémon this card is attached to can also use the ability on this card.

Ability: Pompous
If you have more prize cards than your opponent, your Pokémon's attacks do 30 more damage.

You may play as many Item cards as you like during your turn (before your attack).
[/hr]

Last edited by a moderator:

Damn, I should've done Aegislash instead.

Brock's Forretress - Stage 1 Evolves from Brock's Pineco [M] 70 HP
Bagworm Pokemon. Length: 3' 11", Weight: 277 lbs.
Pokemon Power: At Your Own Risk
When you play Brock's Forretress from your hand, you may flip a coin. If heads, the Defending Pokemon is now Confused; if tails, your Active Pokemon is now Confused.
[M][C][C] Rapid Spin 20
Flip a coin. If heads, if the Defending Pokemon tries to attack during your opponent's next turn, that attack does nothing. If tails, the Defending Pokemon is now Confused. Either way, Brock's Forretress is now Confused (after doing damage).
Weakness: [R]
Resistance: [P] -30
Retreat Cost: 3 [C]
LV. 34 #205
x/30 Rare

Can we stop acting like the CaC threads are chatrooms? There have been a lot of short, useless posts this month...again.

This bears repeating:

DNA said:
HdS04dW.jpg

Anyway, here's my entry~

7eLBMKf.png

Klinklang :>

There are some really nice Steel-types out there. I kinda wanted to use Mawile, but eh. It's harder to find good, usable artwork than you might think. Klinklang is a cool-ass Pokemon and deserves just as much representation as that newbie Aegislash. Gear Up is a wonderful pun, and Laser of Mystery is a solid attack. It's hard to balance when cards like Keldeoo-EX can just nullify any drawbacks you might include as an incentive to put powerful attacks. One for fifty is rarely, if ever, seen, so I think it adds to the originality department without being overly broken.

Weakness is pretty standard fare; Dragon Resistance is due to the silliness that is Xerneas-EX not resisting Dragon. Missed opportunity there. Retreat of 3 is also pretty standard...As far as fonts and placement go, everything is in the same locations as before so I'm hoping to be counted among the winners this month :>

PMJ said:
This bears repeating:

DNA said:

Anyway, here's my entry~

7eLBMKf.png

Klinklang :>

There are some really nice Steel-types out there. I kinda wanted to use Mawile, but eh. It's harder to find good, usable artwork than you might think. Klinklang is a cool-ass Pokemon and deserves just as much representation as that newbie Aegislash. Gear Up is a wonderful pun, and Laser of Mystery is a solid attack. It's hard to balance when cards like Keldeoo-EX can just nullify any drawbacks you might include as an incentive to put powerful attacks. One for fifty is rarely, if ever, seen, so I think it adds to the originality department without being overly broken.

Weakness is pretty standard fare; Dragon Resistance is due to the silliness that is Xerneas-EX not resisting Dragon. Missed opportunity there. Retreat of 3 is also pretty standard...As far as fonts and placement go, everything is in the same locations as before so I'm hoping to be counted among the winners this month :>

I'm really impressed with your entry. Klinklang is underappreciated yet a beast Pokemon. I'm rooting for you even though Asche is in this with his cool looking entry

Gear Up - I see what u did there

Back at home now. The OP has been updated as of PMJ's post.

How does that work? It's a mystery!

The original name was Parafusion Laser, but I wanted a better-sounding name the likes of Slurp Shakedown, Hundred Furious Lashes, and the upcoming Light of Ruin.

PMJ said:
How does that work? It's a mystery!

The original name was Parafusion Laser, but I wanted a better-sounding name the likes of Slurp Shakedown, Hundred Furious Lashes, and the upcoming Light of Ruin.

Parafusion laser sounds much better imho (but it probably won't affect the rating)

It was too obviously related to Hypnotoxic Laser. That's why I didn't use it.

Sorry for the lateness of this entry; I couldn't decide between this or another idea I had. I also had 2 other ideas that I really liked. I'll probably use the other one some other time, but for now, I give you, Bronzong. Actually, I'm very surprised I'm the only one who used Bronzong. I guess people were too busy with their Aegislash's.

Bronzong // HP100 [M]
Stage 1 (Evolves from Bronzor)
442.png

NO. 473 Bronze Bell Pokémon HT: 4'3" WT: 412.3lbs.

Ability Dismantling Chime
Each Pokémon Tool card attached to any Pokémon (both yours and your opponent's) now has the effect "Any damage done to the Pokémon this card is attached to by attacks is reduced by 10 (after applying Weakness and Resistance)," instead of their usual effect.

[M][C] Migraine 50
This Pokémon has no Abilities until the end of your opponent's next turn.

weakness [R] X2
resistance [P] -20
retreat cost [C][C][C]

When this Pokémon is happy, it swings itself back and forth to make a very loud chime. There are very few Bronzong left in the wild because they are both very easy to find and very annoying.

I really like this card. It's ability is powerful, but can also work against you sometimes. It can really change the outcome of the game, and Migraine can come in handy on occasions.

P.S. The idea behind Migraine is that Bronzong get's tired of banging it's head to make the Chime, in case you couldn't figure that out.

I didn't see any Mawile...
[M] Mawile 80 HP
Basic
Spr_3r_303.png

Ability: Huge Power
Each of this Pokemon's attacks do 30 more damage to the Defending Pokemon (after applying W and R).

[M] Play Rough 10
If the Defending Pokemon has Y weakness, this attack does 10 more damage.

[M] [M] [C] Guillotine 60
Discard 2 [M] energy attached to this Pokemon.

W: [R] R: [DRG]
Retreat: [C] [C]
These pokemon dwell in caves. They swing their giant steel jaws to attack.
Didn't want to forget. Busy month for me.

I should remind you guys that whoever hasn't turned in their entries has a few more days to do so.

Scizor HP 110 [M]

Ability Technician
Each of this Pokemon's attacks that does 60 damage or less now does 40 more damage(after applying weakness and resistence)

[M] [M] Suffocating Pinch 20
The Defending Pokemon can't retreat during your opponent's next turn.

[M] [C] [C] Last Ditch Effort 10
Before doing damage, count the remaining HP of the Defending Pokemon and this Pokemon. If this Pokemon has less HP than the Defending Pokemon, the Defending Pokemon is Knocked Out.

Weakness - [R]x2
Resistence - [P] -20
Retreat - [C]

"Its wings are not used for flying. They are flapped at high speed to adjust its body temperature"

You posted Heatran first Blui, surely that was your entry? Or am I missing something somewhere :)

Back