PokéBeach Create-A-Card November 2013! Nekoban Ryo, Four Arms, Luispipe8, winners are you!

Nod3 said:
Nekoban Ryo said:
I sure hope so! I love Ice-types and I already have an idea in mind... I just need to be motivated enough to make it.

But there's no ice type in the TCG!

Hey CMPer, what defines "getting your point accross" with lv X, etc. Like for example, level X can draw attacks from its previous level, and that's a mechanic that I need...

The "point across" statement was DNA's words, not mine...but for me, it's all about keeping cards within an acceptable power level with high creativity while not trying to distract from a subpar card with fancy visuals. Obviously in image-based the appearance is important, but not at the expense of "HEY WOAH SO COOL AND SHINY, but the attacks are bland and overused!" Look no further than deviantART as a great example of this; the cards that get the most attention from non-fakers/non-players are the cards with the most glitz and glam, regardless of how "meh" the rest of the card may be.

Cards can be wonderful without holos, foils, and glow balls.

CMP said:
The cards that get the most attention from non-fakers/non-players are the cards with the most glitz and glam, regardless of how "meh" the rest of the card may be.

Cards can be wonderful without holos, foils, and glow balls.

This is too true. There's just loads of cards getting way more recognition than they should (well, rather, I feel good for the artist that they get all the views and whatnot, but people that actually try to make interesting cards are left in the shadows.)

Back