PokéBeach Create-A-Card November 2013! Nekoban Ryo, Four Arms, Luispipe8, winners are you!

RE: PokéBeach Create-A-Card November 2013!

Reggie McGigas said:
Text as usual, ho hum

inb4

'Congrats to Teal and PMJ'!

Teal has won - 60% of the time
PMJ has won - 40% of the time

You should congratulate delta nite too, he's also come out shining 40% of the time

In for image based.

Heavenly Spoon said:
PS: Keep in mind that metal was not a basic Energy at the time, it's sort of important.
PPS: This post was only edited to add this PS. And again to add this one. Can't change that much in 5 minutes.
You should've waited until someone pointed it out, or posted the PS later. Also, 5 minutes is plenty of time - I could easily throw in some balance changes.

Nod3 said:
Heavenly Spoon said:
PS: Keep in mind that metal was not a basic Energy at the time, it's sort of important.
PPS: This post was only edited to add this PS. And again to add this one. Can't change that much in 5 minutes.
You should've waited until someone pointed it out, or posted the PS later. Also, 5 minutes is plenty of time - I could easily throw in some balance changes.
I guess I should've, but I realised a bit too late that editing the post would count as editing the original image (hence the second PS). Could've also just deleted and reposted it, be glad I was honest/stupid enough not to, you might get a 2 points head start out of it!

Just for the record (though I doubt this'll do me much good), here's the Imgur link: http://imgur.com/vR1z4dV
Imgur apparently shows a timestamp when you hover over the "X hours/days/whatever ago" text, it should indicate that it was uploaded a minute or two before posting the post in question.

anabel1406 said:
In for image based
Same attack high-five! It's sort of weird to see that with all the power creep an attack I stole from a delta species Pikachu might still be sort of valid. I guess Rapid Spin makes up for it on your card.

Spoiler: I think my card will include an attack that requires [C][M], does 10 damage and flips a coin for every [M] attached and does 20 more for each heads.

in for image

Ok, here's my entry!!

Stage 2//Empoleon//HP140\\[M]
Evolves from Prinplup

Spr_5b_395.png

Dex Number: 395/Emperor Pokémon/Height: 1.7m/Weight: 84.5kg

Ability Powerful Leadership

Once during your turn (before your attack), you may use this Ability. Discard the top 2 cards of your deck. If you do, your Pokemon's attacks do 30 more damage to the Defending Pokémon until the end of your turn (before applying Weakness and Resistance). You may not use an Ability with the same name during your turn.

[M][M][C] Divide and Conquer

This attack does 40 damage to a number of your opponent's Pokémon equal to the number of Empoleon you have in play. If you only have 1 Empoleon in play, this attack does nothing. Flip a coin. If heads, during your opponent's next turn, any damage done by attacks to each Empoleon you have in play is reduced by 20 (after applying Weakness and Resistance).

Weakness:
[F] x2

Resistance:
[Y] -20

Retreat:
[C][C]

Given their immense pride, Empoleon are surprisingly social creatures. They live in colonies led by a leader, which is the Empoleon that has the largest horns on its head.​

I wanted to do a Galladeon card on the beginning, but ended up doing Empoleon because I wasn't sure if I had to ask permission and all that stuff... I wanted to input the Height and Weight is Meters and Kilograms because here in Costa Rica we use those, and wanted to be original and having them different from the rest(the only thing this affects is Cedric Juniper... XD). About the attack, A little explanation for those who wouldn't understand: Let's say you have 3 Empoleon in play, so it would do 40 damage to 3 of your opponent's Pokémon. And the weakness was something I don't see being used on [M] Pokémon, and I wanted that something could resist Fairies, so I placed those in there.

Hope you all like it!!!

Ps. Had to re-post it because it said I edited it when I tried to Reply to Anabel's entry, and I didn't wanted it to say that. :p It was a minute later anyways, but I'd rather be cautious about edits.

Here's my entry:

magneton_card_pb_zpsfcfc785e.png

It's one of my older fakes with some very slight alterations.

For the first time since 2012 (and in total only entered once, real life can be a cow right?) count me in for image based :)

aschefield101 said:
For the first time since 2012 (and in total only entered once, real life can be a cow right?) count me in for image based :)

Yay! I approve of this!

scizorcoacutepia_zps4ed09acb.png

Submitting it early so that I don't lose the deadline again.

Welcome back to contests asche! Also, thanks a bunch for making blanks that fit my favorite Pokémon artwork ever <3 (tip: it is this one)

Announcing now that I will use Aegislash. Don't be a suckah and use the same Pokémon [in text]. :>

Pokebeach CAC Nov.13

I was thinking of doing Genesect or Aegislash, but I would be stupid not to chose my homie, Registeel. I think this is the first time I've done an EX for text based in a while too, and the first time I've added a new 'marker' into the TCG. My entry will be divided up into 2 parts - The Card and an explanation of the marker

Letz do dees

[Basic] Registeel EX HP 180 [M]
379.gif

[Ability] Extra Recoil
If this Pokémon is Knocked Out by damage from an attack, put 1 Recoil Marker on the Defending Pokémon.

[M][M][C] Metallic Destruction 140

>asch is in

welp. Better start trying for silver!

Image.
I'll try to put together my own artwork again and not make it look horrific.

PMJ said:
>asch is in

welp. Better start trying for silver!

lol :p

I've got a shiny XY EX incoming - cards about 40% done and the art I'm doing for it is prolly about 30% done too.

Back