PokéBeach Create-A-Card: June 2014 - Hoenn (Congrats to the winners)

RE: PokéBeach Create-A-Card: June 2014 - Hoenn

GadgetJax said:
9Tailz said:
Sorry for the double post, but here it is:
Absol_Card.png
the fonts look a little wonky to me but whatever

what era is this? EX series? Diamond and Pearl? HeartGold and SoulSilver?

Pretty sure it's HGSS judging by the blank :x

GadgetJax said:
9Tailz said:
Sorry for the double post, but here it is:
Absol_Card.png
the fonts look a little wonky to me but whatever

HGSS but the first blanks made in that style weren't very accurate. Not that 9Tailz's score would be affected because of it, of course, just thought it was worth the clarification.

CMP said:
GadgetJax said:

HGSS but the first blanks made in that style weren't very accurate. Not that 9Tailz's score would be affected because of it, of course, just thought it was worth the clarification.

Thanks for the tip. The card itself looks really unique, and the art is really good! Pokemon hipsters be like: "Top props on dat sketch, for realz, cinna-MON!" Sorry, I got a bit goofy.

It's Xous's art; I just added the yellow and red to Absol and made the background. But I'm glad you like it.

GM DracLord said:
Here is my creation.. took me 15 minutes
Sceptile δ delta species 100 HP [P/M]
STAGE 2 - Evolves from Grovyle {This Pokémon is both [P], [M] type}

[Poké-POWER] Poison Ivy
Once during your turn (before your attack), when you attached a [P] energy card from your hand to Sceptile, you may put an Ivy marker on 1 of your opponent's Pokémon (excluding any Pokémon that has δ on its card). This power can't be used if Sceptile is affected by a Special Condition.

[P][C] Power Share 30
You may move an energy card attached to Sceptile to one of your Benched Pokémon.

[P][M][C][C] Forest's Redemption 50
Put 1 damage counter on each of your opponent's Pokémon that have Ivy marker on it.

weakness - [R]
resistance -
retreat cost - [C][C]

Oh, Drac, you sure want to give me a hard time checking for references on Stone Age-era cards, do you...? u.u

Hoenn pokemon fit for its era.. The era i started playing tcg and wasted a lot of money.. To it kinda carved in my mind

GM DracLord said:
Hoenn pokemon fit for its era.. The era i started playing tcg and wasted a lot of money.. To it kinda carved in my mind

Well, I suppose you're right... u.u Pre-BW cards are to me like EX's are to CMP, I believe. :p

And since I'm done studying and my Calculus course is probably lost by now I'll get judging the first entries. But I've got to tell you, you took my word seriously, the Contest went live in Tuesday and by now(at least for Text-Based), 6 out of the 10 contestants have posted their entries already! And also the fact that there are more people this month! Let's keep this going and hope there is a time where you actually have to rush to get admitted because of the amount of people eager to participate!! :D

I am interested in entering for image but would I be allowed to do megas for Gen 2 starters? Or is it all strictly Hoenn exclusive Pokemon?

MrSquarepants said:
I am interested in entering for image but would I be allowed to do megas for Gen 2 starters? Or is it all Hoenn exclusive Pokemon?

You said it, Hoenn exclusive. Besides, AS I RECALL(CMP, help me here), Fakemon are not allowed(No Gen II Megas=Fakemon) as of now, specially in this month.

Hmm...guess my Gen 2 megas will go in a separate thread, but I will enter for Image to make full arts of Primal Kyogre and maybe some holos...

MrSquarepants said:
Hmm...guess my Gen 2 megas will go in a separate thread, but I will enter for Image to make full arts of Primal Kyogre and maybe some holos...

HoloS? You can only post one entry, FYI. And also, applying the same that was applied last year with Megas, it's better to wait for more information about the TCG's Primal Groudon/Kyogre, because we don't know how that mechanic will be, not even in the VG.

Oh haha, I am getting carried away here. I just got back into drawing and am interested in showcasing. Very well. I think I will refrain from entering at the this moment.

MrSquarepants said:
Oh haha, I am getting carried away here. I just got back into drawing and am interested in showcasing. Very well. I think I will refrain from entering at the this moment.

You CAN showcase your art, just not here. See, this is a monthly Contest, so, well, you participate with only one entry, but in the Fan Fakes or Artist's Studio you can make a Thread (depending on what you want to do, Fan Fakes is more TCG and Pokémon oriented while Artist's Studio is more general art, banners, avatars, etc) and post what you like! :D

Ps.: If you'd like more info or help about it, contact [smod]Ice Arceus[/smod], the Art Super Mod. *(the name is a link)*

I would like to enter for the text-based category. This will be my first submission to CaC.

Am I allowed to post my entry right away, or should I wait until my username is added to the original post? Thank you.

You don't have to wait for your username to be added; you're free to post it whenever you'd like (before the submission date that is :p).

Best of luck!

Okay. Here is my submission:
Stage 1 Grumpig HP90
20px-Psychic-attack.png

Evolves from Spoink
grumpig.gif

NO. 326 Manipulate Pokémon HT: 2'11'' WT: 157.6 lbs.

SF-Ability
Manipulation Burn
As often as you like during your turn (before you attack), you may discard an Energy card attached to one of your Pokémon. If you do, move an Energy attached to one of your opponent's benched Pokémon to another of his or her Pokémon

20px-Psychic-attack.png
TCGWhite
Magic Dance
Your opponent may attach up to 2 basic Energy cards from his or her hand to his or her Pokémon in any way he or she likes. For each Energy card your opponent attaches in this way, attach a basic Energy card from your discard pile to 1 of your benched Pokémon.

weakness
20px-Psychic-attack.png
×2 resistance
SF-None

retreat
TCGWhite
TCGWhite

Wording is based mostly off of BW- and XY- era cards (e.g. the ability is mostly from Aromatisse XY). The wording for the attack is somewhat awkward, as I was unable to find any card (recent or not) with a very similar effect. The first part is based off of Terrakion-EX DRX, and the second part is based most off of Yveltal XY. Hope that helps.

Well, I guess I'm ready to post my card...hopefully it'll go over all right.

SunnyCastformPromoCAC03_zps1da18785.png

Because who says legendary Pokémon aren't allowed to have a day off?

Auride said:
Okay. Here is my submission:
Stage 1 Grumpig HP90
20px-Psychic-attack.png

Evolves from Spoink
grumpig.gif

NO. 326 Manipulate Pokémon HT: 2'11'' WT: 157.6 lbs.

SF-Ability
Manipulation Burn
As often as you like during your turn (before you attack), you may discard an Energy card attached to one of your Pokémon. If you do, move an Energy attached to one of your opponent's benched Pokémon to another of his or her Pokémon

20px-Psychic-attack.png
TCGWhite
Magic Dance
Your opponent may attach up to 2 basic Energy cards from his or her hand to his or her Pokémon in any way he or she likes. For each Energy card your opponent attaches in this way, attach a basic Energy card from your discard pile to 1 of your benched Pokémon.

weakness
20px-Psychic-attack.png
×2 resistance
SF-None

retreat
TCGWhite
TCGWhite

Wording is based mostly off of BW- and XY- era cards (e.g. the ability is mostly from Aromatisse XY). The wording for the attack is somewhat awkward, as I was unable to find any card (recent or not) with a very similar effect. The first part is based off of Terrakion-EX DRX, and the second part is based most off of Yveltal XY. Hope that helps.

Thanks, Auride! I'll add it to the draft as soon as I can get back to judge you guys. Scorched Feathers' and GadgetJax's entries are judged and drafted already.

mawile_zps41a9610b.png

Ok, this one keeps my theme of [M] Pokémon milling. I went for Fairy on the attack cost because it kinda "helps" your opponent, while slightly pressuring/misleading them to self-mill. Intended power level: DPt era.​

Back