PokéBeach Create-A-Card: June 2014 - Hoenn (Congrats to the winners)

RE: PokéBeach Create-A-Card: June 2014 - Hoenn

In for text this time.
As much as I enjoy doing image, it is such a hassle with my jank computer.

RE: PB Create-A-Card: June 2014 - Hoenn

I'm looking for a partner in a gimmick Linoone (your the artist partner). Other uncommon normal types could also work. I have planned a concept that you will receive via PM if you choose to pair with me. BTW CMP I fixed it.

Lugia123 said:
I'm looking for a partner in a gimmick furret (your the artist partner). Other uncommon normal types could also work. I have planned a concept that you will receive via PM if you choose to pair with me.
Do you mean Linoone? Furret is a Johto Pokémon.

[C] Slaking 150 HP
Stage 2 (evolves from Vigoroth)
289.gif

Ability: Contagious Laziness
As long as this Pokemon is your Active Pokemon, your opponent cannot play any Supporter cards from his or her hand.

[C][C] Slack Off
Heal all damage from this Pokémon. This Pokémon is now Asleep.

[C][C][C] Giga Impact - 120
Discard all Energy attached to this Pokémon. This Pokémon is now Asleep.

W: [F] R: ___ Retreat: [C][C][C][C]
It is the world's most slothful Pokémon. However, it can exert horrifying power by releasing pent-up energy all at once.

In for text please! This is my favourite TCG generation so hopefully I'll have a decent idea.

Are MEGA's allowed btw? I've had 3 people so far ask for my super sized MEGA blanks and I've not completed them yet (textures etc giving me extreme annoyance).

I know Mega's are Kalos etc, so was wondering if I need to try and rush them out on DA.

aschefield101 said:
Are MEGA's allowed btw? I've had 3 people so far ask for my super sized MEGA blanks and I've not completed them yet (textures etc giving me extreme annoyance).

I know Mega's are Kalos etc, so was wondering if I need to try and rush them out on DA.
As long as it's a Hoenn Pokémon, I suppose. But for the sake of my sanity...please please please don't make Megas, guys. That's part of the reason I stopped judging after DNA took over.

So no rush on those blanks, asche! ;)

Sooo you'd rather them make cards that suit what you like, rather than what they like? :)

Surely Image based and EX/MEGA/whatever go hand in hand. And shouldn't you as a judge remain neutral and base it off what it should be, how the card looks?

In any competition there's oft an "appeal to the judges" standpoint, and for good reason: you're in it to win. Most members make their cards specifically for the CaCs, so no one is holding them back from creating other cards they like.

However, I've never let the type of card submitted affect my judging in any way; I'm as objective as possible when scoring cards. It's precisely that objective judging which causes me to take away Originality points from the cards submitted each month without interesting Abilities/attacks. I do it with both non-special cards as well as EXs/Megas -- it just happens that the power creep necessary to justify the two prize rule in those cards doesn't always lend itself to creativity. In a contest where the toughest competitors often score full marks in the other categories (in your words, how the card looks), Originality is what can really make the difference. That's a problem inherent in the Mega card style, too -- between the multiple rule boxes, there isn't much room for attacks that aren't "destruction powerhouse."

Long story short (as I have discussed numerous times), I have absolutely no problems with EXs/Megas/etc. in theory. I have not, nor will I ever, score those cards more harshly than others. Just keep cards creative and we're good!

This was a pretty obvious decision (and yes, I did put some time into it. Don't let the time of entry fool you, I just have almost the entire day for free time)

[Basic] Regirock HP100 [F]
regirock.gif

NO. 377 Rock Peak Pokémon HT: 5'07" WT: 507.1 lbs

[F][C] Braille Beatdown 10
Flip a coin. If heads, search your opponent's deck for a card, reveal it, and place it at the bottom of your opponent's deck.

[F][F][F] Rock Peak Punishment 50+
If your opponent's active Pokémon is a Pokémon-EX, this attack does 150 more damage.

Weakness: [W] x2
Resistance:
Retreat: [C][C]

This Pokémon was created by Regigigas. Scientists are still baffled as to how this happened.

CMP, so you left the CaC without telling us because of megas??? D:

Can I enter for text please? Never done this before but seems fun!
Behold! My first created card...
Stage 1 Shedinja HP80
20px-Grass-attack.png

[sprite]290[/sprite] Evolves from Nincada

292.gif

NO.292 Shed Pokémon HT: 2'07" WT: 2.6 lbs.

SF-Ability
Wonder Guard
Prevent all damage done to this Pokémon by attacks from your opponent's Pokémon. If this Pokémon would be damaged by an attack from your opponent's
20px-Fire-attack.png
Pokémon, this Pokémon is Knocked Out instead.

20px-Grass-attack.png
20px-Grass-attack.png
Silent Swipe
Put damage counters on your opponent's Active Pokémon equal to the amount of Energy attached to all of your Pokémon.

weakness
20px-Fire-attack.png
x2 resistance
20px-Fighting-attack.png

retreat

A discarded bug shell that came to life. Peering into the crack on its back is said to steal one's spirit

It was definitely an experience trying to work out all the code business... Haha!
Tricky but fun!

Both in!
Good luck, Squirtle Squad, you'll have fun! You have as much chances to win in your first Contest than in your last one, I assure you. ;)

And just FYI, since I use to keep you updated:
I have a Calculus test on Saturday afternoon, so I'll probably be judging Feathers' and Reggie's entry right when I come back from it. ;)

Stage 1 Shedinja HP80
20px-Grass-attack.png

292.gif

SF-Ability
Wonder Guard
Prevent all damage done to this Pokémon by attacks from your opponent's Pokémon. If this Pokémon would be damaged by an attack from your opponent's
20px-Fire-attack.png

20px-Grass-attack.png
20px-Grass-attack.png
Silent Swipe
Put damage counters on your opponent's Active Pokémon equal to the amount of Energy attached to all of your Pokémon.

weakness
20px-Fire-attack.png
x2 resistance
20px-Fighting-attack.png

retreat

A discarded bug shell that came to life. Peering into the crack on its back is said to steal one's spirit

It was definitely an experience trying to work out all the code business... Haha!
Tricky but fun!

Squirtle Squad said:
Stage 1 Shedinja HP80
20px-Grass-attack.png

292.gif

SF-Ability
Wonder Guard
20px-Fire-attack.png

20px-Grass-attack.png
20px-Grass-attack.png
Silent Swipe

weakness
20px-Fire-attack.png
x2 resistance
20px-Fighting-attack.png

retreat

Tricky but fun!

It's difficult to learn how to do it, but it's one of those things in life that makes you feel so accomplished when you finish! Besides, it's fun making Pokemon cards!

Here is my creation.. took me 15 minutes

Sceptile δ delta species 100 HP [P/M]
STAGE 2 - Evolves from Grovyle {This Pokémon is both [P], [M] type}

[Poké-POWER] Poison Ivy
Once during your turn (before your attack), when you attached a [P] energy card from your hand to Sceptile, you may put an Ivy marker on 1 of your opponent's Pokémon (excluding any Pokémon that has δ on its card). This power can't be used if Sceptile is affected by a Special Condition.

[P][C] Power Share 30
You may move an energy card attached to Sceptile to one of your Benched Pokémon.

[P][M][C][C] Forest's Redemption 50
Put 1 damage counter on each of your opponent's Pokémon that have Ivy marker on it.

weakness - [R]
resistance -
retreat cost - [C][C]

I would like to enter for image-based.

Sorry for the double post, but here it is:
Absol_Card.png
the fonts look a little wonky to me but whatever

9Tailz said:
Sorry for the double post, but here it is:
Absol_Card.png
the fonts look a little wonky to me but whatever

what era is this? EX series? Diamond and Pearl? HeartGold and SoulSilver?

Back