Pocket Monsters X / Y Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Pocket Monsters XY Discussion

lovandra said:
Yea... they always make beedrill look bad since first season. Beedrill and Spearow actually!!

All Beedrill need just a little bit of love!!!

* lovandra hugs beedrill
Buzzz-buzzz
Aaaaaaarrrggghhhh!!! What are you doing!!! Aaaaaaaaarrrgghhhhh!!! @&'^#*@;"^!82*-;sn2#,1

At least now they don't end up all toasted and fried by Pikachu's attacks. I've always hated when humans would be the ones disturbing Pokémon and then attacking them like they were acting in some kind of self-defense.
One of the main reasons and why I've started paying more attention to Breedril and Spearow was exactly their bad reputtion and portrayal namely when comparing them with the popular Pidgeot and Butterfree.

New episode!!! Still raw too -.-.

But I can't wait
[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=It9xKqhvcqY[/video]

In your post, fixin' your tags ~Athena

Thanks Thena :).

Edit: Old Episode to be compared:
Also have an epic pokemon battle *in totally different way though ^^;*
[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEInloyZgi4&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

lovandra said:
(...)

Athena said:
Yeah, they had that trailer at the end of the last episode before new years. I think I mentioned at the time. I'm looking forward to th Malamar episode the most. :D

Me too, it seems cool!!! They never have an strong individual nemesis before, as far as I concern.

While not being a nemesis per se, Hunter J was pretty strong, confident and capable. I was secretly hoping that J will be the hooded lady, oposing the evidence that suggested that she died at the lake (I don't know which lake was it).

Leaf_Ranger said:
While not being a nemesis per se, Hunter J was pretty strong, confident and capable. I was secretly hopening that J will be the hooded lady, oposing the evidence that suggested that she died at the lake (I don't know which lake was it).

The Sinnoh's pokemon hunter, that have Salamence?? SHE IS AWESOME!!

I surely forgotten about her, till you remind me.

I loved episode 17! It reminded me of DP's when Turtwig evolved into Grotle and Torterra teached him how to deal with slowed-down speed. But I don't know did Froakie learn Quick attack in the end? He did learn Double team, but Quick attack seemed kinda unfinished :/

lovandra said:
Leaf_Ranger said:
While not being a nemesis per se, Hunter J was pretty strong, confident and capable. I was secretly hopening that J will be the hooded lady, oposing the evidence that suggested that she died at the lake (I don't know which lake was it).

The Sinnoh's pokemon hunter, that have Salamence?? SHE IS AWESOME!!

I surely forgotten about her, till you remind me.

The one and only. Seeing her Drapion smashing Ash...:D Malamar just fits her or the other way around too.

Please don't tell me Froakie now has an inferiority complex against its evolved form. >_< We don't need ANOTHER Water-type starter who refuses to evolve.

This episode reminds me more of that ep where Scraggy learnt High Jump Kick from Scrafty more than Ep 4.

I think (or rather I hope) that Froakie is inspired by Frogadier to keep going forward with training, until it can one day evolve (again hopefully) into Frogadier itself and then (once more, hopefully) into Greninja.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=lfNbP8z4xAU[/video]

That little girl remind me to Rumika. I forget the english name. A red-haired Lady who is James' fiance and look a lot like Jesse.

Finally got to see last week's episode and now the new one is already out! T_T Raws only, though; I wish they would be faster with the subtitling. >.>

The Frogadier episode was a fun filler! The best part for sure was Eureka, Pikachu, and Dedenne running around as ninja (or kunoichi!) in the background, but it was really nice to see Ash actually working with and training Keromatsu, too. The Meowth Ninja Mecha was also pretty great. I didn't really get the impression that Keromatsu was affected one way or the other by being around his evolution, unlike, for example, Bulbasaur back in the first season, so I still have some hope for it to evolve.

It looks like we're finally making some progress moving along to Cyllage in the next (current?) episode, since Parfum Palace appears. I knew it would be a while before Ash battles his second gym (especially given how long it is between gyms 1 and 2 in the game), but I can't help wanting them to go faster, even if I'm enjoying the filler episodes along the way, too. >.>

EDIT: Because I derp and forget what English Pokémon are what. I should just start calling them by the Japanese names in this thread. >_< I already do with some anyway...

Athena said:
Finally got to see last week's episode and now the new one is already out! T_T Raws only, though; I wish they would be faster with the subtitling. >.>

They have, what is the english word, commitment, I guess, to not release the english sub video before at least 5 days after the episode run in japan.

I remember read it somewhere in post/comments, forget where.

Ah, ok. That's kind of weird, since earlier episodes were done the next day or so, and so was one earlier in January, but oh well, I can live with it. :p Thank for sharing! <3

I also just finished watching the subtitled episode.
The things I disliked were, in first place, the battle screen at the beginning showing Pikachu on Ash's shoulder when Pikachu wasn't even there and it was Froakie who was going to battle. The second was that it was obvious it would lose: the foe's great speed and attack's power coupled with Ash's lack of a startegy to compensate that was just a no brainer.
The episode was good on showing Froakie's training and now we have two ninjas: Froakie and Eureka (she was just so cute, namely using the leaf concealment!!)
I loved the new version that played during the battle with T.Rocket.
Venusaur used by a ninja? Interesting, the only grass Pokémon I could think of becoming a ninja, besides Shiftry, was Sceptile (it could be also a samurai since Leaf Blade used to be it's signature move).

I'm really wanting to see what will be of Serena.

lovandra said:
That little girl remind me to Rumika. I forget the english name. A red-haired Lady who is James' fiance and look a lot like Jesse.

Jessebelle. :)

Such a fun episode with Snorlax and the Palaces! :D I must admit, I actually liked this storyline better than the Camphier/Parfum/Snorlax story in the actual game, and the princess having a Furfrou was a nice touch. :p On the road to Ambrette, now! :D

And next episode is the cool Malimar one! Semi disappointing that it seems in the preview that Madame X/Malimar is going after PIkachu because, come on, it's just a Pikachu and it's already had way too much value associated to it by random characters in the anime, but I'm excited for the episode nonetheless. :3 We'll have to wait an extra week, though, since there's no new episode this week. :<

It was a nice episode.
I agree with lovandra about the princess being somewhat like Jessebelle, though it's the same old spoiled princess character (for example, the Japanese version of Powerpuff Girls (the only version I saw) has a character like that). Perhaps this isn't the last time we're going to see her!

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9v-Wq5OmOM&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

I want to see it in ENGLISH SUB!!!

The most awesome episode sooo far.!!!

Btw, just my bad eyes, or Serena is actually somehow shorter and have wider *face*. Where is the balance!!!!

I caught up with some of the episodes now. I enjoyed the Froakie and Frogadier episode! It was fun watching them train and Froakie got a new move too. Although Double Team didn't seem like the move that would require that much work. >.> It's something at least. :p

I'm still waiting for Ash to catch another Pokémon! I believe Ash caught his 7th Pokémon (Sewaddle) in the 17th episode of BW and we're at 19 now. I'm not saying BW is an exemplary season, but I liked that he finally caught many different Pokémon and that many of them were caught early in the series.

I wonder whether he'll stick to 6 or get more again. Since the current Fire-type starter is taken I want him to finally get Torchic>Combusken>Blaziken. Yea.. I don't see it happening either.. Maybe Lucario, though! That would be amazing as well. Especially if it will Mega Evolve. :D

I quickly fast forwarded Episode 19 (thanks for the link lovandra!) and it seems like a nice episode. Malamar looks good in the anime too. I'll have to catch up with the episodes fast!

[video=youtube]http://youtu.be/VZovmX8DOtE[/video]

Now I find formula when Serena or Ash who use Dex to describe pokemon. Serena will use dex to pokemon that Ash already encounter in earlier Season. Smart!!!

In your post, fixing your tags ~Athena

Been busy with my kitty's troubles the past few days, but finally got to watch the Malimar episode today. Super good! :D This is definitely my favourite episode of the series thus far, and I really hope Malimar makes more appearances throughout the show. I really love spooky/mysterious episodes, and also situations that force TR and Ash's group to be on the same side for something, and this episode hit up both of those things nicely.

Also, I so called Madame X as being Junsa-san as soon as we got a decent glimpse of her (those locks of hair hanging down kind of gave it away, even before you can see her face), though the motorcycle confirmed it.

Seems like next/current episode features the Battle Chateau and also introduces Grant. Probably still a while to go before Ash gets to the second gym (Zubat Roost and Ambrette City will likely make appearances first, and probably with some more things here and there in between), but it looks like a potentially cool episode nonetheless. :)

YES, YES, YEEEEEEEEES. Oh wow, what an amazing episode. Finally something worth of the eerie and somber feeling of Ghost of Maiden's Peak, Ninetales and Mewtwo, all together. I agree with Athena, this was the best of the series but not only of XY but one of the best in all of the anime.
Even before this episode I was wondering how could a Pokémon with such power take orders from a human, unless a character of great strengh but I didn't got it right about Madame X being either Hunter J or a member of Flare but it was better that way since now we have a Pokémon master villain! I still hope Hunter J returns because they would've make an awesome combination.
Also, the end was just sweeeeet! Meowth's note of Inkay's evolution chain and the innocent smile it gave while everyone else was freaked out (Wobbuffet's expression was just the best)...:p
By Gengar, can you imagine Malamar, J (ghost perhaps!), Dr. Zeiger and the mighty of Team Rocket together. Muahahahahahah!

Nobility...it isn't was it used to be. :rolleyes: Yes Ash you're now a Baron. Guess what, you can now pretend you're a ghost. Ash's opponent was just plain useless but Ash as a Baron isn't great either. He won't set foot on the castle again so...I would love to see the old Gary, Paul and Trip showing up as Dukes and shatter Ash's hopes of climbing the ranks.
Speaking of climbing, the Gym Leader was just lame...another stain for nobility. A country club full of elegant and refined people and then a monkey climbing walls who can't wait for someone to take a picture and a rap fat joke. Judging by the preview video I was expecting some class from the Gym Leader but it ended up as horrible.
Oh wow, Ash pulls out his team to cheer Viola. I can't believe I'm quoting Iris but: "you're such a kid".
And once more, Clemont s a Gym Leader but doesn't know who are the others. Either they have to start throwing some parties or they already exist but Clemont is never invited.
After such amazing episode we get this filler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back