Pocket Monsters X / Y Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Pocket Monsters XY Discussion

Been so busy the past couple days, and it's continuing on until the weekend, so I probably won't be able to watch this episode until Monday, unless I can sneak it in Saturday night. >.<

That said, I'm rather glad they're not rushing Serena into meeting up with Ash. Also, I can't wait to see James catch that Inkay. x3

Nothing like being chased by Beedrill to get even more in that nostalgic feeling! I just watched the third episode and it looks very promising. I enjoyed it a lot! It was very interesting so see Wigglytuff as the Nurse's Assistance as a change; I definitely didn't expect that to happen!

I get the feeling we're going to see much more of Clemont's inventions. I think it's funny and it's very different from the past comical aspects we had in the show.

Ash's team is great so far. I really do hope he's also getting a Chespin. I get the feeling Serena will go for Fennekin, since the starting theme also seems to hint at this. Inkay is a very nice Pokémon so I'm glad it got caught by Team Rocket. It fits them well and it will have some more screen time this way. It would be really nice if it evolved into Malamar and give Ash and his friends a really good challenge each time.

They really seem to focus on Ash and the bond he has with his Pokémon more than usual. This could be seen again in this episode where he catches Froakie and hurts himself in the process. Will Ash survive this season? :p

I am curious who will do the cooking now, though.. :p

@Pikachu19: I would also like it if Bonnie were to get Dedenne! I think she might since we saw it follow them near the end. :D

Drohn said:
Nothing like being chased by Beedrill to get even more in that nostalgic feeling! I just watched the third episode and it looks very promising. I enjoyed it a lot! It was very interesting so see Wigglytuff as the Nurse's Assistance as a change; I definitely didn't expect that to happen!

I get the feeling we're going to see much more of Clemont's inventions. I think it's funny and it's very different from the past comical aspects we had in the show.

Ash's team is great so far. I really do hope he's also getting a Chespin. I get the feeling Serena will go for Fennekin, since the starting theme also seems to hint at this. Inkay is a very nice Pokémon so I'm glad it got caught by Team Rocket. It fits them well and it will have some more screen time this way. It would be really nice if it evolved into Malamar and give Ash and his friends a really good challenge each time.

They really seem to focus on Ash and the bond he has with his Pokémon more than usual. This could be seen again in this episode where he catches Froakie and hurts himself in the process. Will Ash survive this season? :p

I am curious who will do the cooking now, though.. :p

@Pikachu19: I would also like it if Bonnie were to get Dedenne! I think she might since we saw it follow them near the end. :D

Now that you've mentioned Wigglytuff, that "singer" Jigglypuff could make a return in some 4 episodes (apart from each other) along this season or Bonnie could be the Fairy trainer of the group and capture it!

About Inkay, may someone read your words! Wobbuffet and Malamar would make an awesome combination!

How much you wanna bet that Clemont will have a cooking machine? Not only that but since his sister is trying to find him a fiancée, she might slave him into cooking to make him look more appealing to girls.

Leaf_Ranger said:
Now that you've mentioned Wigglytuff, that "singer" Jigglypuff could make a return in some 4 episodes (apart from each other) along this season or Bonnie could be the Fairy trainer of the group and capture it!
It would be really funny if Jigglypuff actually returned and used its song to put everyone asleep!

Leaf_Ranger said:
How much you wanna bet that Clemont will have a cooking machine? Not only that but since his sister is trying to find him a fiancée, she might slave him into cooking to make him look more appealing to girls.

I didn't think about that. A cooking machine would be interesting. They could even turn it into something comical where his machine messes up the food somehow each time due to some failure.

I don't really see Clemont as a cook, but having his sister force him could be hilarious. "Brother I'm Hungry; make me dinner!". How could he say no to that. :p

I could definitely see James getting a Phantump. I wonder if Serena will be getting a Flabebe or Spritzee? I just see her getting a Fairy-type Pokemon and I'm not sure which would work better. I could also see her get a Skiddo...oh well, we'll just have to wait and see I guess!

If Ash has Pikachu, Froakie, Fletchling, Chespin (probably)....then we can probably count out grass,fire, flying, water, electric, and maybe even dark or fighting (although that would mean Ash evolving both starters). That doesn't leave him with many other Pokemon to choose from, and since he doesn't usually have multiples of a type (there are exceptions), we can narrow it down from that!

Finally got around to watching this episode today, and I was once again impressed. It's nice to see Ash thinking and planning, and I love the personality we're getting from Froakie.

By far my favourite part of the episode was James catching Inkay, though. I'm rather liking Team Rocket so far this season.

That was quite awesome right? :D We got to see Ash thinking in the beginning of a season. It seems like he didn't forget everything and started over again, which makes me look even more forward to the rest of the reason! :D

Yeah, the more episodes I see, the less this seems like a reboot and more of a continuation. I really hope it continues and we see Ash doing well in this respect. There's plenty of growth for him to do without needing to forget everything he's ever learned, and it should hopefully continue on in that vein.

The only thing ash hasn't got yet is a good rival... Paul and Gary really made the leagues go really well, and hoenn and unova leagues just weren't as impressive... so yh i hope he gets one sometime soon

demisolia said:
The only thing ash hasn't got yet is a good rival... Paul and Gary really made the leagues go really well, and hoenn and unova leagues just weren't as impressive... so yh i hope he gets one sometime soon

Unless, his new rival is actually...Serena! :O I would actually like to see that to be honest. A companion that's also a rival hasn't been done before and since the writers seem to be breaking a whole list of traditions, I wouldn't be that surprised if it happens.

I think it actually would be really cool if Serena was Ash's rival. Have them traveling together but directly competing as they go. Would bring an interesting dynamic to things.

Artemis said:
I think it actually would be really cool if Serena was Ash's rival. Have them traveling together but directly competing as they go. Would bring an interesting dynamic to things.

I suppose you could say that May was the first rival that travelled with Ash, but once they reached the first gym, that idea crashed and burned :p

Ep 4 was pretty good, albeit predictible. We didn't learn anything that we hadn't already learned from the opening credits, but that's OK. Looks like next episode everyone meets Serena, so that'll be nice. Also looking forward to the gym battle with all these fancy animations we've been seeing.

Definitely agreed on the predictability, though I didn't realize that Serena getting Fennekin was confirmed by the intro until today *facepalm.jpg* because I usually don't watch it; I just have the music playing in the background (I do like the song) while I do something else and then switch back to the video window when they start going through the types again at the end of the song. >_> I do like the little nods to Pokémon-Amie, though; it's subtle but cute.

Kind of a shame that Serena's getting introduced to the group so soon into the show, but then they haven't really been giving her hardly any time while she's on her own, so maybe it's for the best. The Gym Battle should definitely be worth watching, and looks pretty cool from the preview.

I kinda wish the Prof. Oak segments were dubbed. Also, I want those figures they were advertising before the preview! :p

I was hoping to find out Serena's objective in this episode, but we didn't get more information about that. Fennekin was already obvious, but still a good choice.

I enjoyed watching the episode and of course we got to see one of Clemont's inventions explode! :p

I like that Inkay is getting some screen time and character as well. He's stronger than I thought, but I'm still waiting for it to grab on James' face with Suction Cups! XD

[split] Pokemon X / Y Anime: Animation and Storyline

One thing-
When Garchomp crashes through the bookshelves while being attacked by Rocket, he comes into contact with Garchompite. However, he does not Mega Evolve, just becomes enraged.

>:0

I moved your post to the relevant topic Reshiwott. It's an interesting point. It might be related to the fact t didn't have a trainer using the Mega Ring. Perhaps without the other requirement the Pokémon loses control.

Yeah, my thought was that it had something to do with the Mega Ring not being involved. Maybe the anime will delve deeper into Mega Evolution than we see in the games? That would be pretty cool!

Hmmmm, I probably missed it when it bumped into the Garchompite. But Drohn is right, a trainer needs to be there with the Mega Ring.

I was really surprised by the two episodes (watched it in dub) and I truly loved it (there was tons of actions and a range of emotions); it seemed like a mini-movie. I was afraid of how Bonnie and Clemont were going to sound, but it actually fit their characters nicely, and I was also fairly happy with their personalities.

Today I finally saw the four episodes.

In general and from what I've seen, I like it. After watching the first episode I was afraid that Ash would still be silly with the childish shouting when leaving the plane, falling from stairs, frightening people by looking like crazy at new Pokémon...Fortunately, it ended there and the other three apisodes were a surprise: I ended up liking Bonnie (though I dislike her name because I always remember of Bonnie & Clyde and when her brother's eyes become hidden behind the glasses' glare I just think they're pulling some creepy scheme like being full grown adults in the body of children!...Yeah, my imagination sometimes gets the best of me...), her relationship with Clemont is nice and not annoying like May and Max's, Clemont's exploding gag isn't too bad because one way or another the machines are somewhat useful.

The third episode was just hilarious, I haven't laughed so much since Emolga's debut. Man, I'm already imagining how sad will be the break up between Dedenne and Pikachu :(...that guy saw Pikachu as a big brother and I liked that but the end will be sad...(it was even better than Scraggy and Axew and Pikachu deserves some bonding with another Eletric rodent).

Glad to see Team Rocket being less dummies, namely having some devide to search for information about Pokémon instead of those cards James used to have.

Serena...yet to see how her relationship with Ash will end up. More importantly, how she herself will develop. How is she supposed to follow her mother's advice to train Rhyhorn racing if she didn't take Rhyhorn with her? Will she catch one, train with another or just give up on that and be Ash's rival.

Oh, judging from the opening, I'm thinking that Clemont will end up with Chespin. It'll be something like Hoenn starter division between the characters.

PS: Froakie seemed cool and I was glad to see Ash understand what how it felted.
I've also liked to see all Pokémon getting personalities (though Inkay's still has to be set apart from Cacnea's!).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back