Writing PMD: Explorers of Time - PokéBeach Edition! Final Chapter! Help Me Decide The Next One!

We hardly have any members left for post-game. I do suggest playing it, however you'd probably have to use replicate members or just not use members and go for Pokemon instead. Post-game however is, as I said, really Part Two, so if you want a complete story go for it. Warning though: filler dungeons. A LOT of them.

Oh boy, filler dungeons! That's where I'm a viking! :U

And, yeah, lack of members to continue nominating is definitely a concern. I might just play & write it and keep Pokémon species. We'll see what other people think, too.

Keeper corrected me on SF being Spoink and not Spinda. I honestly have no idea how I misread that. So I guess we have seen all the assigned NPCs after all.

How many extra characters are there in post game? I didn't think there was many in the series before, Red and Blue, but that may have changed in your version.

Chapter 20: This playthrough is really going places!

Meanwhile, back in the Guild...

<MtC> Everyone, the Guildmaster is here!
<peer> Is Tails going to be okay?
<IA> Yep! He just needs to rest a bit, but he'll be right as rain in the morning. ^_^
<Everyone> Hurray! :D
<Teal> So, uh, Guildmaster.... feel like telling us the story of how Tails saved you before?
<IA> Sure! Those vicious outlaws attacked us from the ceiling when we were exploring the cave, but Chatot jumped in front of them to save me. I was able to beat them on my own, but Tails was KOed. And then PMJ showed up!
<WPM> PMJ? :O
<IA> PMJ is a Lapras, and he saved Tails....​

Meanwhile, back on the sea resting comfortably on PMJ's back....

<Keeper> ... so, that's how you met IA, PMJ?
<PMJ> Yeah, I usually don't show myself, but I had to help that little guy.
<Keeper> Awwww. :3
<PMJ> But I did have to make IA promise me something...​

<Luis> Wow, this back-and-forth storytelling thing is cool! So, what was the promise?
<IA> He made us promise that we wouldn't mess around with the weird symbol thing on the wall.
<MtC> Did you accept?​

<PMJ> IA was happy to agree to my request because I helped Tails.
<Keeper> Yeah, IA's a pretty nice guy. But why didn't you want them investigating the pattern in the first place?
<PMJ> Well, you know about the Hidden Land and that the Temporal Tower is there... CJ hid the Land in a gap of time so that it would be protected from intruders and almost impossible to reach.
<TGK> "Almost" impossible?
<PMJ> Well, it couldn't be completely impossible, otherwise you wouldn't be able to get there now! There is, in fact, a single key to get through to that place... the Relic Fragment.
<Keeper> My treasure rock :3​

<IA> When I heard Rusty's tale and saw Keeper's treasure rock... that was when I realized the connection to the Hidden Land. So I went to Brine Cave on my own to talk to PMJ. I explained everything to him and asked for his help.
<Teal> And....?
<IA> He said that the treasure rock itself will choose who will go to the Hidden Land.
<AUS> The rock... it actually picks who goes itself?
<IA> Yep! And it chose Keeper, I guess.
<Luis> Why Keeper? >_> I mean, not to diss the little guy or anything, but...
<IA> I have no idea! ^_^ But it probably has to do with him being so optimistic or something.
<Zyflair> Oh. :U
<IA> Anyway, it's their task now. We're just the side characters and our part to play in this game is done.​

<Keeper> Man, PMJ, you've been swimming for ages now. Wanna take a break or something?
<PMJ> Nah, I'm cool. We're almost there anyway.
<Athena> You mean that shiny glowy sparkling blue thing on the horizon?
<Keeper> Ohwow. What is that?
<PMJ> That's the gap in time I told you about. We'll swim through that and then we'll be there. Here we gooooooo!​

PMJ sped up his swimming and then he slowly lifted up until he was above the water in the air!

<Keeper> Sweet! We're flying. :D
<TGK> No, this isn't flying!
<Keeper> ... are you sure? It really looks like flying from here. >_>
<TGK> We're crossing the sea of time!
<Keeper> Oh, right, yeah, of course, that. <_<
<PMJ> We're going in. :D​

Suddenly, an island floating in the sky magically appeared in front of us. PMJ not-flew up towards it and dropped us off on the edge.

<Keeper> So, uh, I guess this is the Hidden Land then.
<PMJ> Yep! And that over there is the Temporal Tower.​

He pointed with his flipper off in the distance in front of us where a large tower rested on a pile of crumbling rocks floating in the air above the island. I was surrounded by yellow clouds and a large, angry-looking red vortex swirled above it.

<Athena> Welp, that looks like a final dungeon if I've ever seen one.
<TGK> That's where we're headed, then.
<Keeper> But it's floating in the sky! How are we supposed to get up there? o_o
<PMJ> You get to take the Rainbow Stoneship! There's some old ruins up ahead; you'll find the ship in there and it can take you up to the Tower.
<Athena> Wooo, new dungeon. :3
<Keeper> Sweet, thanks!
<PMJ> Anyway, floating in the air like this is kind of rough on my back, so I'mma head back to the ocean now. Good luck you guys, okay?
<Athena> Thanks, PMJ! <3​

We used the magic storage statue to swap up our gear a bit and then we were on our way. The dungeon was filled with a wide variety of different types of enemies, all of them rather strong. Thankfully between the 3 of us, Keeper, TGK, and I had a rather diverse move-set, so they didn't give us all too much trouble, though the occasional Hail and Sandstorm effects were annoying.

Finally, after several floors and one mid-way save point, we made it to the end of the dungeon and to the ruins. The ruins themselves were very pretty, filled with old murals of Legendary Pokémon. We walked along, looking at the artwork, and eventually came to a large staircase leading up to a temple. A tablet held the place of honour at the base, and on the floor was an inscription of the same symbol that was on Keeper's treasure rock.

<Keeper> Hey, look! It's the same pattern that's on my treasure rock!
<Athena> You'd almost think that it was some kind of meaningful pattern or something. *rolls eyes*
<TGK> Huh, there's a small hole in the middle of the pattern that's suspiciously the same size as Keeper's rock.
<Keeper> I wonder what it means. :O
<Athena> We'll have to put your treasure rock there at some point obviously, but first check out this sweet tablet! *points*
<TGK> Ooooh, Unown letters, I can read those. Let's see.... oh, huh, it looks like this place itself is the Rainbow Stoneship.
<Athena> Oh. I was expecting something a bit more... rainbowy. This is all just grey stone. :<
<Keeper> Can we put my magic rock in the hole now?
<TGK> Sure, go for it. According to the tablet, that should start the ship up so we can ride to the Tower.
<Keeper> Sweet! I call dibs on driving then.​

Before Keeper could put his rock in place, however, we were interrupted by a familiar voice.

<???> That's quite enough of that.
<Athena> Oh, geez. I should have figured there'd be a boss here...​

Suddenly, a large group of Sableye converged on us from all exits. We were trapped!

<TT> Mwahahahahahahahahahaha. *enters and twirls mustache*
<Athena> You don't even have a mustache.
<Keeper> It's TT! :O
<TGK> How did you even get here?
<TT> Pfft, this whole place is under the control of CJ. It was a simple matter for me to warp in. We knew you'd show up eventually, so it seemed easier than chasing you around. And now, you're coming back with me. Grab them!​

For some reason, we let the Sableye drag us to the timey-wimey hole rather than fight back. I figured we must have just decided to wait to fight until the appropriate time came. Plus, fighting in front of a cool-looking time portal does make for a pretty sweet boss battle location, I supposed.

<TT> Alright, Sableye, now toss them into the hole, just like we practiced.
<TGK> That means it's the plot-appropriate time to fight! Yah!​

All together, we forced the Sableye back, giving us some space to maneuver and setting the stage for our boss battle.

<TT> *sigh* I was hoping it wouldn't come to this.
<Athena> Well, I was hoping it would. I can't wait to beat your punk ass!​

With that, the battle was on. I focused myself on keeping TT under control with Smokescreen and damaging him occasionally while Keeper and TGK took the Sableye down. Eventually, the Sableye were defeated and it was just TT left, but he did some kind of weird Counter thing that made it difficult for us to damaging him without getting damaged back. It took all 3 of our Reviver Seeds and 2 of our Oran Berries, but we finally took him down.

<TT> Took me down? Hell no! I refuse to lose! Remove that sentence immediately! *smack*
<Keeper> Dude, man, that's totally not fair. x_x;
<TT> Not fair? Hah! You guys never had any chance of defeating me.
<TGK> Don't give up guys! If we can't defeat him in battle, maybe we can defeat him in plot!
<TT> Yeah, right. *opens stomach mouth*
<Keeper> Oh, god... that is really disgusting....
<TGK> He's going to unleash his ultimate power!
<Athena> Not if we, uh, all of us rebound his attack back into his stomach?
<TGK> What? That doesn't make any sense.
<Athena> Just shut up and try it.​

TT was building more and more power into his black sizzling ball of death, but as soon as he unleashed it at us, we rebounded it back at him right in the stomach mouth. He started smoking and fell over in pain, then finally collapsed to the ground, KOed for good.

<Keeper> Hurray! :D
<TGK> We beat TT! :D
<Sableye> Ohshi- *flee into the time portal*
<TGK> Ahahahahaha, TT is such a loser than even his servants ran off.
<Athena & Keeper> *high five*
<TGK> Anyway, Keeper, go start up the ship engine. Athena and I will keep an eye on TT and make sure he stays down.
<Keeper> Kk. *walks off*
<TGK> Man, I hope that thing works. >_>
<TT> Uggggh....
<Athena> Shut up you. *kick*
<TT> Athena, TGK... is this what you really want?
<Athena> Of course it is, stfu.
<TT> But if history is changed, then all of us from the future will disappear. That means both of you will go bye-bye, too.
<TGK> As much as I'd love to say he's lying through his teeth, he's telling the truth. I think. Time travel is weird. But we gotta do it anyway. Both of us were willing to take that risk when we came back before... but of course you don't remember that now, I guess. >_>
<Athena> Oh well, can't be helped.
<TGK> But still... things have changed for you. I mean, back in the past it was just you and me and boring frozen nothingness, but now you've got Keeper. And, if I'm being perfectly honest, that kid needs you. He'd probably have killed himself at least a couple dozen times by now if it weren't for you taking care of him. He's going to be crushed.
<Athena> *sigh*​

Meanwhile, up top at the fancy alter thing...

<Keeper> Alright, there's the hole, and here's my rock. We got this, magic treasure rock. *places rock*
<Rock & Pattern> *merge together into a cool glowy thing*
<Keeper> Whoa, cool! Now it's all glowy and stuff. :D​

Meanwhile, back with me and TGK...

<TGK> Ohhey, I heard a suspicious sound. Keeper must have the thing going now.
<TT> Nooooooooo!!! *smack*
<Athena> Ooof. x_x;
<TT> I will not allow you to change history!
<TGK> *epic blocking jump!*
<TT> Heh, so you want to die first, TGK? Sure, I don't mind another fight with you.
<TGK> Nope, not a fight...​

TGK gathered his strength and shoved TT over to the edge of the portal.

<TT> Wait, what?!
<TGK> I might not be able to fight you again, but I can at least take you back to the future with me!
<Athena> :O!
<TGK> Athena, catch! *tosses Time Gears*
<Keeper> Hey guys, we're ready to leave! :D *runs in happily*
<Keeper> Ohshi-
<TGK> I'm not going to be able to make it back after this, so you guys will have to finish up yourself. Good luck!​

With one final shove, TGK and TT disappeared into the portal, which then closed, leaving Keeper and I alone.

<Keeper> I guess we'll need these, then. *grabs Time Gears* Boy, I bet TGK will be happy when we save the world, right? :D
<Athena> Yeah, I bet he will.... >_>
<Keeper> Alright, let's go!​

Keeper took my hand and led me back up the stairs to the temple, where the pattern on the floor was all blue and glowy, and now also have a nice ring of light rising up around it. We stepped inside and the circle rose up out of the ground, the pattern now glowing in all colours. It left a rainbow trail behind us as we flew towards the Tower.

<Athena> Oh, hey, I guess it was rainbowy after all.
<Keeper> Look, there's the Temporal Tower up ahead!​

Sure enough, the Tower on its pile of rocks was growing closer and closer. Eventually, the platform ship dropped us off and we began our trek up the rocks together.

<Keeper> Ohboy, ohboy. Final dungeon! I can hardly wait!​

Team Awesome:
Athena:
Lv. 45 Charmander (Ember, Smokescreen, Scratch, Flamethrower)
Keeper: Lv. 45 Totodile (Ice Fang, Scratch, Aqua Tail, Bite)

Available Teammates: Sandslash (24), Oddish (11), Paras (13), Venomoth (1), Psyduck (10), Poliwag (9), Machop (6), Geodude (7), Doduo (10), Krabby (12), Rhyhorn (24), Hoothoot (13), Spinarak (10), Mareep (21), Hoppip (13), Wooper (11), Phanpy (20), Larvitar (23), Zigzagoon (15), Lotad (11), Nincada (24), Ninjask (27), Mawile (25), Cacnea (23), Cacturne (24), Seviper (36), Barboach (1), Shinx (18), Budew (12), Cranidos (26), Shieldon (27), Wormadam (26), Pachirisu (14), Cherubi (14), Gastrodon (East Sea) (13), Hippopotas (27), Skorupi (25), Carnivine (24)

Player Notes:

Another restart when I ran into a Monster House with enemies that refused to stay petrified because Hail. :U I probably still could have handled it, but I had used up a bunch of Reviver Seeds that I had been hoping to save for the probable boss, so I just restarted. At least it was only on like the 3rd level or so of the second part, so it was only a minor setback.

TT was definitely the worst boss fight I've had so far, partially because of the Sableye swarm, and partially because of the stupidity of Keeper and TGK. When TT did the Counter thing, they just kept attacking him hard, which caused at least one KO, possibly two, I don't specifically remember. We ended up getting through in the end, though.

Seems like we're approaching final boss time, so I have a feeling that the next chapter will be the end of the pre-credits portion of the game. I've decided I'm going to go ahead and write the post-game stuff, too, but I won't be specifically opening up a vote for member assignments. If you're familiar with the game and you have a certain member you'd like to suggest for a certain post-credit 'mon, feel free to suggest, but otherwise I'll just stick to species.

I swear, if I had known about the post-game being included, I'd have definitely applied for Darkrai.

But regrets apart, it's good that you had such a hard time, oh yes it is. Wait till you get to the Tower. It's a pretty nasty dungeon.

And kudos for TT mustache.

Well, no one knew if post-game would be included before, not even me. :p You'll just have to deal with being the final boss.

And I am officially done my part in this story. *Bows*

I guess I'll have to apply for a different character in the post-game.

You can't be 2 characters in the same story; that's just confusing. :p You'll have to wait for the next playthrough.

You should most definitely do the postgame, athena; its story is much more interesting and dark than the first half, and even if there are a lot of filler dungeons, it's also where you can find the legendary pokemon to catch, and where having trained your recruits pays off.

As for the casting, maybe you could recast all the characters who appear only once? the guild members show up during the postgame frequently, so do the store owners, and a few others, but beyond them, they're all new characters. If you do:
Can I be team charm's gardevoir? and P can be lopunny or medicham, if he wants.
First the torture, next the style.

You should most definitely do the postgame, athena; its story is much more interesting and dark than the first half, and even if there are a lot of filler dungeons, it's also where you can find the legendary pokemon to catch, and where having trained your recruits pays off.

As for the casting, maybe you could recast all the characters who appear only once? the guild members show up during the postgame frequently, so do the store owners, and a few others, but beyond them, they're all new characters. If you do:
Sorry light.
You can't be 2 characters in the same story; that's just confusing. :p You'll have to wait for the next playthrough.
I got the same thing. :/

and where having trained your recruits pays off.

Except I, uh, haven't trained a single recruit. >_>

I don't want to have the same names given to two different characters, but...

... I actually think it would be pretty hilarious to have you and Palutena as regular, living Pokémon in the past to reference your past lives before your spirits were sucked together into Spiritomb. So I'll probably do that. Assuming post-game does actually take place in the present and not in the future, that is.

Except I, uh, haven't trained a single recruit. >_>

I don't want to have the same names given to two different characters, but...

... I actually think it would be pretty hilarious to have you and Palutena as regular, living Pokémon in the past to reference your past lives before your spirits were sucked together into Spiritomb. So I'll probably do that. Assuming post-game does actually take place in the present and not in the future, that is.

Training recruits is helpful then, especially if you don't particularly like the starter pokemon (and really, of 65-something pokemon, you get a forced choice between 15 or so? you'd complain even if you like all the starters); the postgame lets you:
change the leader to anyone and evolve any of your recruits
So, that's where the real "pokemon experience" of the game is found.

Now I can't help but thinking of spiritomb as the product of team charm's corrupted consciousness, so thanks for that. Oh, and yes, the postgame does happen in the present.

Sorry light.

I got the same thing. :/

You just need to know how to ask, darling.

Last edited:
Which pretty much means that if it's professorlight, you'll let her do as she wants if you know better.

But yeah, cast light as Gardy please. Medicham would have been the best pick though.

What I really want about the post-game is an appropriate Darkrai, but since only I would have been the appropriate Darkrai, I can't think of anyone else. And I don't want a recast, so I'll have to make do with Darkrai as Darkrai.

Last edited:
Which pretty much means that if it's professorlight, you'll let her do as she wants if you know better.

But yeah, cast light as Gardy please. Medicham would have been the best pick though.

What I really want about the post-game is an appropriate Darkrai, but since only would have been the appropriate Darkrai, I can't think of anyone else. And I don't want a recast, so I'll have to make do with Darkrai as Darkrai.

Oh, you have no idea.

Medicham is hardly the best pick, though. I think P would be a good medicham.

And you should be darkrai. Who cares about dialga? The battle music is the only thing good about that (but, what battle music that is).

Chapter 21: *insert final boss music here*

Keeper and readied our inventory one last time before going into the Final Dungeon. Like most good Final Dungeons, it was full of offensively powerful Pokémon that were difficult to beat easily, so Keeper and I mostly focused on getting through as quickly as possible. Towards the middle, we found a save point so we rested for a bit before continuing on. The tower continued to rumble around us, deteriorating, so we pressed on quickly.

Finally, we made our way to the top of the Tower to confront CJ. Broken columns raised towards the sky and lightning flashed down around us.

<Keeper> Whoa, look at that red vortex thingy, Athena. That's some mad crazy storm.
<Athena> Yeah, we really cut this close.
<Keeper> Yeah, the tower feels like it could fall down any second... *gulp* Do you think if it collapsed while we were up here, that rainbow ship thingy would fly up and save us?
<Athena> I think that if the Tower collapses again, falling to our deaths will be the least of our worries.
<Keeper> Yeah, true, the whole world paralysis and all... I guess we better hurry up and beat the final boss then.​

We moved forward, though there was no boss in sight, just a stepped dais leading to a cool glory pattern on display.

<Keeper> Huh, I wonder what this is?
<Athena> I have no idea, but if you look around the edge, you'll see 5 indentations that are suspiciously the same shape and size as Time Gears.
<Keeper> Ohsweet!​

But before Keeper and I could climb the steps and place the Time Gears, we were knocked back by a bolt of lightning! We shook our heads and stood up to get our bearings, but the area had gone completely dark and it was difficult to see.

<???> GRRRRRRR....
<Keeper> Ohshi-
<???> So it's you. You see the destruction of MY Temporal Tower!
<Keeper> Oh, no sir. We just want to prevent time from stopping.
<???> Time.... stopping.... time..... GRRROUGH!​

With another flash, the lights rose up and and Chaos Jackal himself stood before us. He had already regressed to his Primal Forme, his body dark with glowing orange stripes and glowing eyes.

<Keeper> It's CJ!
<Athena> I hadn't noticed.
<CJ> GRROOOOOUUUUGH! You DARE bring ruin to MY TOWER.
<Keeper> No, sir, you see, we jus--
<CJ> SILENCE. All those who THREATEN my TOWER shall receive my HOLY WRATH. GRRRROOOOOAAAAAR!
<Keeper> Why won't he listen.... ;~;
<Athena> His mind is already slipped from the tower's coming destruction. He's not completely gone yet, but, well, he might as well be for as much as we're able to reason with him. If only we could jus--
<Keeper> Well, we can't! He's attacking! ACK!​

With a rush, the battle was on! We didn't have much time to think, so we just acted on instinct, using our typical battle techniques. I kept CJ in a fog with Smokescreen while we both plinked at him with our strongest attacks. Eventually, he was knocked down on the ground.

<Keeper> Ohgod, did we really beat him? o_o;
<CJ> GRR... RRRRRR....
<Keeper> Well, uh, I guess I'll just sneak around him quietly and go put the Time Gears in place...​

Before Keeper could move much further, though, the storm intensified! Lightning crashed down every second, the winds blew everywhere, and chunks of the Tower were deteriorating. It was beginning to collapse!

<Keeper> The Tower is--
<Athena> I know! Hurry up!​

I followed Keeper as he ran for the dais and struggled to get the Time Gears in place while the floor cracked and shook beneath us. Finally, they were in place and the pattern glowed once and became whole. Keeper was knocked back from the platform and... the collapse continued.

<Keeper> What the $%!&?! I put the Time Gears in place, shouldn't this be stopping now?!
<Athena> I dunno, we'll just have to let the plot take its course...​

The storm reached its crescendo with a huge flash of light that knocked both of us out. When I awoke, I rushed to Keeper's side.

<Keeper> Ohgeez, what happened? Where are we?
<CJ> This is...Temporal Tower.​

We both turned around, prepared for the worst. CJ stood behind us, back on the stage where we'd fought, but he was different. His colours had gone back to normal, and his eyes no longer had that evil look to them.

<Keeper> Ohgod, not again! *covers his eyes&
<CJ> Dude, chill, I'm back to normal now.
<Keeper> Oh... cool. >.>
<CJ> Sure, the Tower's taken some damage, but it'll be okay. Here, use my magical psychic powers to look at your puny world and see that the flow of time has reverted back to normal.
<Keeper> Oh, sweet, everything's good! :D
<CJ> Yep. You saved the world.
<Keeper & Athena> *high five*
<CJ> So, yeah, thanks for taking care of things. That was pretty embarrassing, losing my chill like that and all.
<Athena> It's cool.
<CJ> It'll take some time for the Tower and the Hidden Land to recover, but oh well, I've got plenty of time.
<Keeper> We should probably get home anyway.​

Keeper and I waved goodbye to CJ and began our walk back to the place where we left the rainbow ship. As we walked, my body began to feel heavier and heavier. I feared the time for my own disappearance was imminent. Keeper was rambling on about something ahead of me on the path but I could hardly pay attention to him. Soon, lights started appearing around my body and floating up towards the sky.

<Keeper> Hey, Athena, you're lagging beh-- huh? What's going on with the weird glowy things?
<Athena> I guess I probably should have told you this before, but I didn't want to see you upset. Because we changed history and I'm from the future, I'm going to disappear.
<Keeper> Wait, what?! D':
<Athena> Don't worry, Keeper, I'll never forget you. <3
<Keeper> But but but.... you're my strength ;~; Without you, I don't think I can...
<Athena> Nah, you'll be just fine on your own. You're Level 47 now! And, besides, we need to make sure everyone understand what happened so we can prevent it from happening again.
<Keeper> :\
<Athena> I had a really fun time with all the cool stuff we did together, even the filler dungeons. Thanks for being a cool partner. <3
<Keeper> ;~; <3​

With a final flash of lights, my body disappeared and Keeper was left without me, alone.

<Keeper> Atheeeeeeennnnnnaaaaaa.... ;~;
<Keeper> *sigh*
<Keeper> Well.... I guess I need to move on.... tell everyone about what happened and all, just like Athena wanted. It was her last wish after all....
<Keeper> Man, am I going to start talking to myself like TGK did? I wonder if he started doing that after he was split up from Athena, too...
<Keeper> Well, there's the ship. At least that wasn't destroyed; I'd hate to have to jump down from here....
<Keeper> Man, the Tower looks really messed up from down here. I hope CJ will be able to get it fixed up okay....
<Keeper> ... goddammit, I miss Athena... ._.;;​

Keeper eventually made his way back to the bottom of the Hidden Land and signaled PMJ To come back up to pick him up. The two rode back to the mainland and Keeper traveled back to Treasure Town and the Guild. He was greeted at the door by all of the guildmembers and even IA, and he told them the story of everything that happened since they parted at the cove. And he didn't stop there, either. To fulfill Athena's last wish and make sure time was never messed with again, he shared the story all over everywhere.

Months passed, and eventually life returned to normal... at least for most people. Keeper was still despondent about the loss of his friend and had a difficult time returning to old routines. One day at sunset, he took a walk to the beach, enjoying the site of the bubbles in the air.

<Keeper> Wow, this is beautiful. I always forget how pretty it is until the next time I see it.
<Keeper> It's been a while, too. The last time I was here for this was when.... was the day I met Athena... ._.; *sigh*
<Keeper> I guess it's a fitting denouement, you know, cycling back to the beginning of the story and all.
<Keeper> I could even sit around and reminisce about our times together...
<Keeper> Of course, Athena always hated it when I sat around reminiscing things... *chuckle*
<Keeper> Well, she's not here to scold me... I can indulge in a bit of reminiscence.... so many good memories... like this one... and that one.... ooh, that was a nice one, too...
<Keeper> *sigh* I wish she wasn't gone... ;~; *sobs*
<Zyflair> Keeper? You still out here?
<Keeper> *bawling his eyes out*
<Zyflair> Uh, there there, buddy. *pat pat*​

Meanwhile, at the Temporal Tower...

<CJ> Keeper... wow, man, it's been a whole month and he's still really depressed. Athena would probably be feeling the same... if she weren't completely removed from existence, anyway. Since the credits have rolled, I guess this would be a good time for me to thank them and bring Athena back, since I'm such a cool dude and all and I have all these sweet powers.​

Meanwhile, back on the beach...

A ball of light materialized over the sand... it was me, I was the light! You didn't seriously think this story would have a depressing ending, did you?

THE END.... or is it?

Team Awesome:
Athena:
Lv. 47 Charmander (Ember, Smokescreen, Scratch, Flamethrower)
Keeper: Lv. 47 Totodile (Ice Fang, Scratch, Aqua Tail, Bite)

Available Teammates: Sandslash (24), Oddish (11), Paras (13), Venomoth (1), Psyduck (10), Poliwag (9), Machop (6), Geodude (7), Doduo (10), Krabby (12), Rhyhorn (24), Hoothoot (13), Spinarak (10), Mareep (21), Hoppip (13), Wooper (11), Phanpy (20), Larvitar (23), Zigzagoon (15), Lotad (11), Nincada (24), Ninjask (27), Mawile (25), Cacnea (23), Cacturne (24), Seviper (36), Barboach (1), Shinx (18), Budew (12), Cranidos (26), Shieldon (27), Wormadam (26), Pachirisu (14), Cherubi (14), Gastrodon (East Sea) (13), Hippopotas (27), Skorupi (25), Carnivine (24)

Player Notes:

And then we were done with the pre-credits portion of the game, hurray!

Primal CJ was a pushover, sadly, but I more or less expected it. >_> Smokescreen for best OP move.

The tower itself was pretty difficult, though. Many of the enemies have strong defenses and took a lot of hits to kill while also doing strong damage against us. Porygon's Discharge in particular was brutal due to its paralysis potential and hitting Keeper for effective damage, and the Lunatone and Solrock were fond of pumping their speed stats to the max and then hitting with a flurry of moves. Most Pokémon could also attack from range which put us at a disadvantage. Because our bag was easily filled (I stocked up on a lot of items for long dungeon and final boss >_> <_<) and we didn't really need the exp anyway, we really did mostly power through straight to the stairwells with a minimal amount of exploration.

The ending to the main plot was overall well-done and very sweet. I don't really understand how CJ had the power to bring Athena back, nor why he waited a few months to do so, but oh well, we all knew it was going to happen somehow because there's no way they'd end the story on a depressing note like that, Plus, post-game.

And so, starting tomorrow probably, I'll begin my exploration of post-game content. No idea how long that'll take me, but it should be fun. :3

Since I kind of have no idea what I'm doing, but I've heard there are lots of filler dungeons involved, I'd appreciate it if people more in-the-know than me would be willing to share some tips and pointers about how to trigger conditions for various parts of the post-game stuff so that I can time things properly. Ideally, I'd like to be able to do filler dungeons in the evenings or whenever and save the plot-related parts for when I'm at the computer since it's easier for me to write it up that way.

Anyway, thanks for reading, and I hope you enjoy the rest of the story! :D

I suspect that with all the time-control power and stuff, overcoming a measly paradox and bringing back something that shouldn't exist isn't that hard for Dialga.

Also, yeah, Dialga is actually too nice deep inside... wish I could have picked Darkrai.

And don't think for a moment that I would actually bring you back if I had control over it. Not for free, at least.

I can pay you with the 4 Reviver Seeds I dragged along and didn't have to use once. :p

You're still a scrub to me :p.

Pay me by finding a way to make me Darkrai. Otherwise I'll use my temporal powers to delete you.

Back