Pet Peeves

Equinox said:
Wat. Internet Explorer is slower, and I've been finding Firefox to be quite fast.
In my neighborhood, it takes the whole time before school (25 mins) just to take a test on the computer with Firefox.

Spambots
Any random specks of dirt anywhere
Broken card sleeves
Gum smacking
When people get your orders wrong at fast food restaurants
Nails on a Nail filer (stole that one from Zorua)
Broken Pencil Tips
When people smoke around me

When Nigel misses his flights :l

Also, when people eat with their mouth open, or just make weird eating noises... I WANNA DIE!

When people bust into my room without knocking
When people just c/p a large chunk of people's list and put cml at the top
When people overvalue their own cards and undervalue everyone else's.
When my burger gets burnt at a restaurant.
When people ignore my PMs and profile comments and make me miss the deadline for a tournament.

When everyone is sitting down except for the person next to you who is six feet tall and standing.

When a person cuts my deck in a way that rips my sleeves and the yells at me for ripping my sleeves and I'm like >-<. When slow computers are slow. Any grating noises that send chills down my spine. Dog ears in books. I HATE that. Also people using Internet explorer when google chrome is on the computer

I hate people who purposely kiss somebody's ass with the hopes of getting to a higher social or power status. I see this a lot and it makes me kind of sick.

holy crap when did we remove the ass censor :0

Realizes that the censor is off. Still doesn't think to remove it out of decency.

Gistica said:
Realizes that the censor is off. Still doesn't think to remove it out of decency.

I thought about it, but 'butt' just doesn't show enough of the rage I feel lol.

People that use "strong" language because they think no other word can convey their feelings appropriately.

Here is my list:

1. When people scream at me for no reason

2. People barging into my room without asking

3. When a kid at my school is a jerk to me

4. When my gf is mad at me

5. And when I can't use the computer to email my gf

Zyflair said:
People that use "strong" language because they think no other word can convey their feelings appropriately.
This. And when they use it just like that. In every sentence. Like what.

And people smoking around me, yeah. My neighbours smoke on their balcony and then everything comes straight into our house.

Edit: And when people say "What's up?" instead of saying "hi" or "hello".

bacon said:
But the biggest one for me, hands down, is parents who swear in front of their children. I've even witnessed a mother confess in front of her 3 year old (give or take) daughter that she didn't "love her". I can't even begin to imagine the long term psychological effects exposure to that sort of influence can generate.
I honestly don't understand the issue people have with swearing in the slightest. Telling your child you don't love them is pretty awful, though.

My pet peeve would be stupidity in general.

It's not necessarily swearing that I assume most people have a problem with, it's just constantly cursing in almost every other sentence that irks them. I don't mind it as long as you're not just spewing out foul-mouthed nonsense just to look cool.

Equinox said:
I hate it when I'm talking to a girl (like talking before asking them out), and they always expect you to text them first. Ditch please.

^This, or when I am talking to a girl and my friends are like OOOOOOOOUU.

Teal said:
And people smoking around me, yeah. My neighbours smoke on their balcony and then everything comes straight into our house.

Edit: And when people say "What's up?" instead of saying "hi" or "hello".

For the first part once I was in a cheap motel room, and the smoke from people smoking underneath us was getting in the room

For the edit, you'd hate me.

I get confused and annoyed because I don't know how to answer that really. Should I explain my "current life situation" or just say hi? Are they even interested? Why should I tell them? Such a bother. lol

teegrun said:
Here is my list:

1. When people scream at me for no reason

2. People barging into my room without asking

3. When a kid at my school is a jerk to me

4. When my gf is mad at me

5. And when I can't use the computer to email my gf

Why on earth would you email your girlfriend...

On the subject however, does anyone not like spending time with their GF's friends? >.<

Back