Pet Peeves

safariblade

Video Gamer
Advanced Member
I figured this would be the best forum for this type of topic.
Consider this a "least favorite thread".

What are some of your pet peeves?
PET PEEVE - A minor annoyance that an individual identifies as particularly annoying to them, to a greater degree than others may find it.

One pet peeve of mine is when people put on the toilet paper roll backwards. Sure, its easy to flip it around, but its annoying because if someone changed it, they probably did so because they needed to use it. So.. why didn't they notice it was backwards!?

Dry Erase Markers on a white-board
Chalk on a chalkboard
Nails on a nail filer
When people don't read directions/instructions/rules

Ugh I agree with anything to do with nails. I hate cutting my nails right before I have to play guitar because it feels weird. And if my nail scrapes something just right it sends chills down my back, ughgughggu I hate that haha.

When my parents walk back and forth down the hallway to the kitchen back to the bedroom all day. Sounds stupid, but UGH it's annoying since I have to keep putting my games away everytime they get close! (they're anti-video games. I got them from other people). To tell you the truth, they're doing it right now!!! And I can never relax!
I also hate it when people burst into my room without knocking.

This is more of a moral code, really, but cheating people out of money. Now of course I don't like people pirating stuff, sneaking into movies, etc. But you can't even bring an outside food or drink into a movie theater without me yelling at you.

HypnoticLuxray said:
This is more of a moral code, really, but cheating people out of money. Now of course I don't like people pirating stuff, sneaking into movies, etc. But you can't even bring an outside food or drink into a movie theater without me yelling at you.

This is even more true because of the fact that the only revenue movie theatres bring in are from concessions. Movie ticket money goes straight back to the producers/distributor.

Okay, I'll agree with that, but up to a point.

When they make me throw away WATER, its STUPID. They want me to buy THEIR water... but guess what? A cup of water is free, so they don't even get any profit. Leave my water in peace sir. Besides, why would you throw away water, that's precious to some.

safariblade said:
Okay, I'll agree with that, but up to a point.

When they make me throw away WATER, its STUPID. They want me to buy THEIR water... but guess what? A cup of water is free, so they don't even get any profit. Leave my water in peace sir. Besides, why would you throw away water, that's precious to some.

Never seen a movie theater do that before, but that's pretty ridiculous. When people try to sneak in a bucket of popcorn tucked under their jacket though, that's beyond stupid.

I used to always bring a date with me to the movies just so I could smuggle food in her purse. ;)))))

and then ignore her for over an hour rofl

ComfortEagle said:
I used to always bring a date with me to the movies just so I could smuggle food in her purse. ;)))))

and then ignore her for over an hour rofl

Man purses are extremely stylish. Go for it.

When my parents tell me something completely obvious as if I was a little kid.

Haha in Finnish movie theatres it's absolutely fine to bring your own snacks. I don't approve of snacks in movie theatres, though. It's kinda annoying when people eat and make me concious of the space I really am in.

HypnoticLuxray said:

I hate expensive movie food.

I hate it when places don't give you free tap water. I asked for tap water, and said water is free. She said the cup was $1. I asked her if I could put my head under her water faucet multiple times in the next half hour while I eat my food, and she says that I will have to pay next time ^_^.

I also don't like it when people burst into your room without asking.

I also also hate it when candy gets stuck in vending machines, and even worse when another kid gets it out, and then takes half of your Spree. Then when you get your candy back it was a waste of a dollar. That guy is annoying -__-. But I reported him so it's all good.

I hate it when Seniors have to sit on the ground at Pokémon events.

I hate it when the current meta sucks.

^that all is a lot of hate.

Stupid people.
Overpriced food.
Lack of nutritional information.
Any food that fits in with the above two.
Small dogs.
Dogs.
Terrible spelling and grammar.
People who don't agree with me on a factual topic when I've given reasons for why I'm right and why they're wrong.
When somebody absolutely dominates in a game in Yu-Gi-Oh. I want to see a challenge, not a T2 victory.

That is all.

My allergies and Asthma. They prevent me from doing too much.

Going up against noob decks/bad decks/type based decks/Theme Decks. It especially bothers me on the TCGO because that's where it happens most.

People smoking in my face or near me. I love going garage sailing with my dad but so many people who smoke don't give a crap who's face/lungs it goes in. (I have nothing against people who smoke, just the smoke/cigar/cigerettes themselves)

People being nosy.

People calling my dad about stuff I put on Craigslist for him cursing and yelling at him because of a small grammatical error or typo. I'm not joking, this really happens. -___-

When people miss-use a meme. It happens too much.

People who neglect/mistreat their pets. Caged birds with no mental stimuli, dogs who never receive walks, cats with matted fur, etc.

Fashion magazines. I feel deeply sad whenever I glance at magazine aisles and notice how fashion magazines grossly outnumber anything educational. This is more a reflection upon western society so perhaps it's not exactly a "pet peeve", but it does bug me. The next time you are in a busy place, try and listen into people's conversations. They'll almost always be about: Fashion/looks, TV, getting drunk, or complaining about something. It would be wrong to say that it annoys me, but I still wish it weren't so.

But the biggest one for me, hands down, is parents who swear in front of their children. I've even witnessed a mother confess in front of her 3 year old (give or take) daughter that she didn't "love her". I can't even begin to imagine the long term psychological effects exposure to that sort of influence can generate.

Oh yeah. I hate when anyone smokes. I am super sensitive to smoking too :/.

Non Sequitur said:
Oh, yeah, and my allergies.
I'm sensitive to strong chemicals, so I can't be around cigarette smoke, perfumes, even strong deodorant. Some stuff doesn't bother me, but a lot does.
I have to use unscented shampoo, unscented deoderant, etc. It pisses me off so much...

Same here. I remember when I went to Wal-Mart with my great grandma one time, she made me go through the chemical isle several times! Very, very tortures to my allergies. (she's very over-protective and won't let me out of her sight)

I hate it when people burst into my room without knocking.

I hate it when people smack gum. *Shchula* <---- sound effect ----> *Eew, I say*

I hate it when people interrupt my reading for a bad reason, i.e saying, "ooh, watcha reading?"

I hate it when people hate things I love.

I don't like it (not hate it) when people use Firefox when I NEED to get on the computer. Firefox is soooooooo slow.

I hate it when lovers hate.

I also hate it when people turn the channel on a show I am watching on TV.

saurs said:
I don't like it (not hate it) when people use Firefox when I NEED to get on the computer. Firefox is soooooooo slow.

Wat. Internet Explorer is slower, and I've been finding Firefox to be quite fast.

I hate it when I'm talking to a girl (like talking before asking them out), and they always expect you to text them first. Ditch please.

I also hate stupid commercials, like really? Get rid of them and fire the person who thought of it.

Another thing, (this isn't religion bashing) is when someone acts all superior about their religion (i.e. saying their religion is the one, true religion).

Back