'Omega Ruby' and 'Alpha Sapphire' Releasing November 2014! [5/7]

SuchADamnLady369 said:
What's all those extra markings on Kyogre?
UbwcOQk.png

>"Dramatic new world"

Will Aqua and Magma's plan succeed and change the world?
EDIT: Ah someone pointed out it isn't said to be remake
Mitja said:
just wanna point out:

NOWHERE DOES IT SAY "REMAKES"

merely "new" epic adventure. adding to that the fact that the mascots clearly boast new formes of some kind, and the obvious problem of integrating Rayquaza into generic remakes, its pretty clear that these will be either:
-sequels to RS
-radicaly improved versions (as opposed to the copy&paste-ish nature of FRLG/HGSS)

CONTEST HYPE

What if those moves Thousand Arrows and Thousand Waves are the signature moves of these new Groudon and Kyogre.

Teal said:
SuchADamnLady369 said:
What's all those extra markings on Kyogre?
UbwcOQk.png

I'm guessing she means the one on the forehead, since the other's aren't "extra", just highlighted.

Btw, will that old Battle Frontier...Spencer, that's it, have new markings? It would be nice to have him explaining stuff.

CMP said:
Hoenn definitely featured the most diverse cities (I'm looking at you, Fortree, Pacifidlog, and Sootopolis! , which I'm sure will look beautiful in 3D! I can't wait to see what changes are made.
Black 2 and White 2 without a doubt featured the most diverse cities ... XY make it close too.

Village Bridge, Black City/White Forest, Humilau City, Castelia City, Virbank City, Lacunosa Town, Nimbasa City, Lentimas Town, Undella Town, Anville Town, ... version exclusive Opelucid City...

Leaf_Ranger said:
Teal said:

I'm guessing he means the one on the forehead, since the other's aren't "extra", just highlighted.
There is no real "extra"... because the whole markings have been changed... .-.

Ohh My Gosh!!! This is amazing!
Darn work made me miss all the hype! :(
I'm totally jumping on the 'Groudon and Kyogre have mega evolutions' train! :p

Anyone else notice Team Aqua's symbol in 'Mega' Kyogre's wing?

Well, I haven't seen that coming. :p

It looks like Japan is not the only region that will get the colored boxes.
pokemon-omega-ruby-alpha-sapphire-169-uk.jpg

I don't get why some boxes are white and orthers are red/bleu but, the colored boxes say tentative and the white do not.

Mitja said:
The Mega Latis weren't proper hints either, as any new games will add new formes, megas and whatnot anyway, therefore already adding them into games where they aren't actually accessible is pointless.

Unless you are implying there will not be any new formes/megas in ORAS, then the Mega Latis make perfect sense for compatibility purposes. But that would be weird, especially when the mascots themselves are clearly different from their regular look.

The topic of whether new Megas would be able to be added to this gen is an interesting one. One might think that new Megas would be a no-brainer--simply update the old games with the new Megas, because oh yeah, we can do that now. But how would you go about updating? You have to consider the worst-possible scenario: Someone has a launch-day 3DS they've never connected to the Internet, and a 1.0 version of X/Y that's obviously never been updated. How is this person going to play with new Megas?

The obvious solution is to pull a Berry Glitch fix: Have ORAS patch the other person's XY while connecting with it, or if that's not possible, have ORAS able to distribute an update via 3DS Download Play. But there's a problem: 3DS game patching wasn't added until like April 2012. Our worst-case scenario has a launch-day 3DS. What now? We'd need to update the 3DS's firmware itself. If that were possible via a similar 3DS Download Play mechanism we'd be set, but I'm doubtful that that it is possible.

So you come to two other solutions:

One, X/Y has a function I don't know about that automatically updates your 3DS firmware, similar to how some Wii games did it, in which case we'd be totally set.

Or two, X/Y has some really weird function nobody knows about that allows for a newer game to temporarily send over new Mega Evos, sort of similar to how Origin Giratina works in DP--the sprite is shown to be Altered forme, but the ability is still Levitate. This is really a stretch, as you'd also have to send over a new model and animations for that model, but hey, maybe GF really, really thought ahead.

As for the mascots looking different, maybe some of the theories are correct; that it's an "Overdrive" form and not a Mega (though this wouldn't make too much sense since Mega Evolution was like the whole story in X/Y), or maybe they're just "temporary" Mega Evos that can't be used in link battles a la Skymin in Gen IV.

dmaster said:
A random day in May with no prior anything and a very minimalistic trailer with very little information and that it's coming out in just six months. Six months? That's insane!

BW2 had a similar US trailer :): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCEHi7HI9sk

Groudon and Kyogre each look like a young boy's fantasy...

This is great news and I hope we may expect the return of secret bases, I want a Chespin doll with my spikes mat.

Wow. I'm shocked by this....Pokémon just released two new long awaited games out of the blue?

I hate to say it but these look awfully fake or a joke by Pokémon. The cover art is pixelated and sloppier than usual. Plus, an English announce before Japan = seems legit

The trailer looks rushed and poorly made. Similar to BW2 but worse.

I can't wait to get Mega Groundon!

Mitja said:
Luispipe8 said:
If mega evo's are in this game (wich obiviusly will ) then i think we'll get mega swampert and mega sceptile :D .OMG NOW I THINK ABOUT IT freiking mega swampert and mega sceptile O___O .

reverse issue.
mega latis were in XY...probably for compatibility? but there is no other megas hidden in there...
but there is a bigger WTF-part to this.

Out of all the possible starters not appearing in XY (18 - kanto - kalos= 12), only a single other one got a Mega evolution: Blaziken.

Why on earth did they pick Blaziken as an extra special event download if Hoenn starter Megas are going to be featured in the 2 games that come out NEXT?

Don't get your hopes up for Mega Sceptile/Swampert. S:

They could very well make a patch update for Pokémon X & Pokémon Y that would allow any new content within Pokémon Omega Ruby & Pokémon Alpha Sapphire (and with Z/X2&Y2 in the future) to show up in the games and be perfectly compatible without any problems.

Genius715 said:
What if those moves Thousand Arrows and Thousand Waves are the signature moves of these new Groudon and Kyogre.

I don't think that would happen.
I mean, they are basically better versions of Zygarde's current (lackluster) sig. move, and considering Thousand Arrows specifically hits Pokemon in the sky, it looks like it's meant to be Zygarde countering Yveltal. (and the same with Thousand Waves and Xerneas)
Plus the animations for the moves scream Zygarde.

I think it's more likely we'll see Groudon/Kyogre get new sig moves that have something to do with seriously heavy weather. (that is if they get any at all)

Reggie McGigas said:
Wow. I'm shocked by this....Pokémon just released two new long awaited games out of the blue?

I hate to say it but these look awfully fake or a joke by Pokémon. The cover art is pixelated and sloppier than usual. Plus, an English announce before Japan = seems legit

The trailer looks rushed and poorly made. Similar to BW2 but worse.

I can't wait to get Mega Groundon!
*announced
Out of the blue? Kinda. But tomorrow it will be five years since the announcement of HGSS. (Or today... timezones.)
It was announced at the same time in English and Japanese.

Yeah, very pixelated...:
t7Yg5lM.jpg

PYVuxKI.jpg
Rushed? No. Just minimalistic. They wanted to start off by just announcing the games.

Wtf is your problem? O__o

Back