'Omega Ruby' and 'Alpha Sapphire' Releasing November 2014! [5/7]

Furn said:
Luispipe8 said:
So, TCG-wise, are we getting Mr. Briney's Compassion and Celio's Network reprints? Because that would be supporter-ised Ace-Specs... e.e

Hoenn gym leader-owned Pokemon set as well please

Oh, no, I've never liked that... TT.TT Although we may need a "trainer-owned" mechanic, so maybe Aqua and Magna might be a thing. That I don't mind.
To a mod: Can I report my own post to create a different thread for speculation or to move this topic somewhere else if needed to? (or writing this is enough? e.e)

Wow...talk about unexpected! No hints or anything!
I have a whole bunch of Pokemon that I imported all the way from Sapphire, including the very first one I leveled up to 100! They're actually gonna return to Hoenn! :D

Watch, a couple years later we'll be seeing "SINNOH CONFIRMED". XD

Brainthought just hit me:
In the X/Y guide (or whatever) it mentions berries that can only be obtained from an (as of then) unknown region.
Everyone (including myself) took this to mean Z/X2/Y2 would be in a new region.
But since the ORAS news mentioned a new region, I've thought more and now I think that Z/X2/Y2 will just go back to Kalos.
And then since ORAS are related to R/S we get to go to Hoenn after the E4 (ala Gold/Silver).
(forgive if this has been brought up before)
Just some food for thought

Ik knew it, when you speak to Shauna after finishing the game she will tell her next yourney will be to a far away region. Maybe she will return in Some sort of way?

I don't think oras is gonna be in a new region.
Just look at mewtwos mega evolution. When they first revealed it they said it was a new pokemon. Which it technically was but it was just a different form of mewtwo.
I think the same applies here. You can't really trust what game freak says in the beginning. They just say stuff to get the hype up.
They probably mean it's a new region as a newly designed region, cause they did have to redo the Hoenn region. Or maybe their target is towards the younger audience who haven't played ruby and sapphire. To them it would be a new region.
Either way I can almost guarantee it's in Hoenn. As for after the E4, maybe you will get to go to a new region that was hinted at in XY.
But I kinda doubt it, that would be too much in one game.

9r5Cj46.png

I'm wondering how they'll implement mega evolution into this game. Surely we'll be seeing megas for the starters and Wally will probably have a mega Gardevoir. Hopefully Steven gets a Mega Metagross as well.

Hackzo23 said:
As for after the E4, maybe you will get to go to a new region that was hinted at in XY.
But I kinda doubt it, that would be too much in one game.
... Gold and Silver
... Seevi Islands

PS.: Looking forward to the Sinnoh Remakes.

I was also just thinking these games may have some sort of ties with that useless (at least as of right now) Strange Souvenir. Idk about anyone else but that item has grabbed my curiosity since I first heard of it/got it.

yammark said:
This is really surprise . All the people think remake of R/S will come next year or another year . But suddenly it's coming out of nowhere . I'm so shock with this guy . SO SURPRISE !!!

Yeah, this was pretty surprising. I thought we passed the period for them to announce a game for this year (January-February), but no, here we go. And in November, the biggest month for game releases. Wow.

And yeah, this is definitely an odder way to announce it, but it makes sense. This isn't a generation-starter, so it didn't get a Nintendo Direct or something. Normally, this is the type of announcement made on Pokemon Sunday/Smash (live streaming the 2/25/12 Smash when they announced BW2, good times), but if you want to have another simultaneous global announcement, I suppose this is the way you do it.

IT'S FINALLY HAPPENING

SkyeVictini said:
Watch, a couple years later we'll be seeing "SINNOH CONFIRMED". XD

Oh, heck yes. /started with Pearl

Anyway, having never actually beaten Emerald (the only time I technically did was with a borrowed Lv.100 Latias or something), I'm happy to have an adventure in Hoenn that will no doubt be less grindy.
Speaking of which, it sounds like these might be less remakes than they are new games in an old region, judging by the press release. I suppose that's fine too, as long as we get a sufficiently nostalgic (for those who have Hoenn nostalgia, anyway) experience.

I hope these aren't remakes and are instead something with a new region.

If they are straight remakes then GF need to get their heads out of their a's and make a game worth buying.

Professor Palutena said:
Hopefully Steven gets a Mega Metagross as well.

Ooooh my god I didn't think of that. Holy smokes my efforts in Beldum Masuda keeps paying out. I get more hyped by the minute.

Chariblaze said:
Yeah, this was pretty surprising. I thought we passed the period for them to announce a game for this year (January-February), but no, here we go. And in November, the biggest month for game releases. Wow.
HGSS were announced on the 8th of May, pretty much exactly five years ago.

"Game is in 2D, some areas also playable in 3D"

too bad. was hoping the overworld would be all 3D this time!

arulz said:
"Game is in 2D, some areas also playable in 3D"

too bad. was hoping the overworld would be all 3D this time!

At least they didn't try to fool you like they did with X & Y claiming the whole thing was in 3D.

Professor Palutena said:
I'm wondering how they'll implement mega evolution into this game. Surely we'll be seeing megas for the starters and Wally will probably have a mega Gardevoir. Hopefully Steven gets a Mega Metagross as well.

It's more possible, that would be Mega Aggron… although I like Metagross much more, but it didn't get any mega form (… yet), while Agrron did.

Luispipe8 said:
And thinking it through, Volcanion and the Mega Latis should have been the clearest hints we've received. e.e

How does Volcanion have anything to do with any of this? oO
It's a yet to be revealed event poke that is related to the power outages and the powerplants of Kalos.

The Mega Latis weren't proper hints either, as any new games will add new formes, megas and whatnot anyway, therefore already adding them into games where they aren't actually accessible is pointless.

Unless you are implying there will not be any new formes/megas in ORAS, then the Mega Latis make perfect sense for compatibility purposes. But that would be weird, especially when the mascots themselves are clearly different from their regular look.

pokesaurus1 said:
If mega evo's are in this game (wich obiviusly will ) then i think we'll get mega swampert and mega sceptile :D .OMG NOW I THINK ABOUT IT freiking mega swampert and mega sceptile O___O .

reverse issue.
mega latis were in XY...probably for compatibility? but there is no other megas hidden in there...
but there is a bigger WTF-part to this.

Out of all the possible starters not appearing in XY (18 - kanto - kalos= 12), only a single other one got a Mega evolution: Blaziken.

Why on earth did they pick Blaziken as an extra special event download if Hoenn starter Megas are going to be featured in the 2 games that come out NEXT?

Don't get your hopes up for Mega Sceptile/Swampert. S:

Athena said:
...but considering that this game is coming out as soon as a year after the release of XY, I would guess that they started working on ORAS before XY were released for sure.

Yes, these take several years to make..
Gamefreak has said before that they always have 2 teams working simultaneously on 2 different projects. The team that worked on XY is probably working on XZ/YZ right now.

When I first read this I just screamed like a little girl. THIS IS JUST SO AWESOME. I can't wait to return to Hoenn! Hopefully the secret bases will return, really looking forward to that. I'm really excited *screams and faints*

Back