New Zodiacs?!

It doesn't affect anyone in any part of the world, to be perfectly realistic. Horoscopes are for humor value only - nothing else.
Speaking of which, I should probably start reading random horoscopes now and again for a chuckle. That, or start eating more fortune cookies. Same difference.

I'm not sure why some of you are whining about what constellation you're supposedly under, because the constellations don't care jack about who's under them.

If you don't care about the Zodiac Signs then why are you posting in a thread about them T_T. Some people are attached to them, I am not but that makes no difference. I know your just saying your opinion, but I would reccomend not doing that at the expense of other users. That post was offensive to most of the people who have posted here. Just Sayin.

Does it really matter? Like I said we shouldn't let the zodiac dictate the way we live and how we live our lives. We are who we are whether If it was pre-destined by a higher God, we choose are own path, our own destiny. Yes we all share the same fate in terms of death however it's the journey that leads up to it that gives us full control.

When the time comes however we lived our lives whether for good or evil, it will either be another pathway to enlightenment sort of like the theory of Shangra La in Tibetian folklore or it will be severe punishment in the worst case possible If you lived your life in evil and sin. Know that good, love, peace, and free will shall always overcome evil, war, hatred, and sin regardless that it's universal.

Woah, I heard about this new sign months ago, but I didn't think it affected me, but then I saw this. I'm now an Aries instead of a taurus. I don't really know what they represent or anything, but it still seems really weird.

Oh no, I'm a Ophiuchus now :/. I liked being a Sagittarius. My life has completely ended, I think im gona go commit suicide now cause my life has dramatically changed thanks to this new zodiac sign and I just can't live with this change.

If you don't care about the Zodiac Signs then why are you posting in a thread about them T_T. Some people are attached to them, I am not but that makes no difference. I know your just saying your opinion, but I would reccomend not doing that at the expense of other users. That post was offensive to most of the people who have posted here. Just Sayin.
With all due respect, what's your point?
A lot of people that post in this thread are making a rather big deal out of such a minuscule issue. I think you're reading a bit too much into what I'm saying.
By the way, the bit about horoscopes being humor value? That actually is at the end of the horoscope section in my newspaper, just to make sure people don't actually take the stuff seriously.

CCloud is absolutely correct. Ophiuchus is a constellation; it is a timeless congregation of stars that have been studied for thousands of years. As an astrological sign, it is a lurker. It has been known for several decades, so this should be nothing new to the universal populace.

Wikipedia said:
Ophiuchus (English pronunciation: /ˌɒfiˈjuːkəs/ or /ˌoʊfiˈjuːkəs/[1]) is a rarely used astrological sign and is not included in most versions of the Zodiac.

To summarize: Ophiuchus ≈ Cat (Chinese Zodiac)

Our alignment with the universe is always changing; our heavenly tapestry is in a slightly different position every time. Centuries ago, we could have all been three signs backward. Ultimately - you are who you are :)

It seems like mine has changed, but it also seems like some people around the world are going somewhat crazy about this and freaking out.

I'm pretty sure Ophiucus is a snake-handler, not a cat... Anyone who's played MegaMan Starforce is well aware of this.

@DNA - The comparison between Ophiuchus and the Cat was intended to show the purpose of these two as the 13th sign of their respective zodiac.

^Ah, right. I do remember reading that the cat is the supposed 13th sign of the Chinese Zodiac. Thanks for that.

I heard that there's two groups (and there's always been two groups). Astrological signs have been 12 for a long time, while Astronomical signs are 13. It doesn't really matter which one you use, but they are different. The only reason this has caused an uproar is because people are just now learning there's a different classification.

dmaster out.

I'm pretty sure this only affects people who are born in 2010 or later. I'm still a Cancer at heart, and will never accept being a Gemini.

Yay! Mine kept the same! Not that it even matters. How is it supposed to predict your personality anyway? I would guess it was random, or on a vote count or something along those lines, but somebody would probably pound me for it. Does anyone know?

http://blog.comitic.com/is-there-a-new-astrology-sign-ophiuchus/

There is the sidereal zodiac and the Tropical, we have been following the Tropical.

Wikipedia said:
Unlike the zodiac signs in astrology, which are all thirty degrees in length, the astronomical constellations vary widely in size. The boundaries of all the constellations in the sky were set by the International Astronomical Union (IAU) in 1930. This was, in essence, a mapping exercise to make the work of astronomers more efficient, and the boundaries of the constellations are not therefore in any meaningful sense an ‘equivalent’ to the zodiac signs. Along with the twelve original constellations, the boundaries of a thirteenth constellation, Ophiuchus (the serpent bearer), were set by astronomers within the bounds of the zodiac

The change is to the sidereal. Which is, from what I understand - something completely different. It said I changed from Cancer to Leo, but that makes no sense because I am not like Cancer. I can actually relate to Leo. So everyone that reads horoscopes, quit worrying and read your same horoscope. :/

Edit: This article was posted here before by Ice_Master, but I think it is worth reposting because it explains this pretty well. http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/01/13/no-your-zodiac-sign-hasnt-changed/?hpt=C2

I'm still a Leo, but I think that if you were born under a sign, that means that it is your sign. Just because your birthday is now under a different sign doesn't mean that when you were born, you were under a different sign.

I'm the same as Guy89 now. Two Zodiac signs. Weird. I'll see if I can relate to either.

EDIT: Weird, I can relate to both

Back