• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Neo Miasma Sun - HGSS-on [Leafeon, Espeon Prime, Roserade and Houndoom Prime]

RE: Possible Neo Miasma Sun? HGSS-on

Honestly your new decklist looks pretty solid, and you have a good grasp of the deck. What I question is how effective it's going to be in the new format at all. Your matchups from what I can see look like:

Serperior: With a burn flip you can OHKO off of two conditions, and three conditions guarantee you the knockout - exactly what you need to avoid getting completely locked. He's going to have to bring out his Zekroms against you to take early prizes, and just keep the rescues coming. I'd probably rate this 6-4 in your favour, maybe even.

Blastgatr: You have a bench load of free prizes and will have a hard time dealing 150 once he starts picking key pokemon. You'll have to double up Roserade _and_ Houndoom to stay alive, and that's a lot of setup before he wins. I'd say 6-4 for Blastoise; it's not that fast, so this could well happen.

Donchamp: This doesn't look THAT bad, but it sets up a lot faster than you do most of the time, being a guaranteed 60 on turn 2. If you can make the early damage happen, the game is yours; he has to get 2 champs to sweep. Definitely run Rescues to shore this up in case he does knock out your Espeon Prime with a loaded machamp left to finish you, as you have a hard time answering it otherwise. I'll actually call this even.

Zekrom: Ugh...that's not so good for you. He'll likely go off turn 1 or 2 and start hitting for 120 before you can start taking knockouts. Your best bet is to chump something to his first hit and try to do 100 on turn 2 off of a Roserade and a Rainbow. If you can get the turn 2 knockout going first, you can probably win. If he goes first it's a lost cause unless he fails to set up. 7-3 against you.

Still...I think it's possible for a Leafeon deck to become a serious contender. Will it be top tier? I have my doubts because of the Zekrom matchup. Will it be good? Definitely.

RE: Possible Neo Miasma Sun? HGSS-on

Thanks for your opinion, Kittymew. It was really helpful to read it, because I wasn't still knowing the new decks of the HGSS-on format.

Zekrom would be one of the best decks of the new format, IMO. Since it's easy to build and does heavy damage, it would be possible one of the most hard decks to play against for any deck. Maybe the best choice to counter Zekrom is running a line of Donphan Prime, but I don't think that will be very consistent for this deck. My deck start doing 100 damage since turn 2-3, it's still not fast enough to counter Zekrom. Maybe (and only maybe) add a starter to build without having Leafeon as active.

And Blastgatr is another bad problem, yes, I know, but, as you said, is not fast enough. It can build up everything in turn 2 (since you have to wait to use Rare Candies), but in that turn I can already do 100 - 150 damage, so I can KO Blastoise before it can do anything. And yeah, for this deck the best idea is double the tech line.

IMO, the worst weakness of this deck are Reshiboar and Zekrom. I'll have to do how this deck works against the decks I named before, but I have faith in this one. Maybe I'll need to run some counter against Zekrom.

It may be a coming-into-play power, but Shaymin UL can REALLY help you after you'e lost a Leafeon. Rather than having to wait a turn to power up your Leafeon, why not just Celebration Wind over an energy you previously used for Roserade's power over to Leafeon?

Shaymin is also particularly useful when you have ZERO energy in play, but you have that awesome Rainbow Energy in your hand. Attach it to Roserade for poison and confusion, then Celebration Wind it over to Leafeon and Miasma Wind for 100.

On a different note, I do mostly agree with Kittymew's match-up list, and just as been said before, Reshiboar has been the toughest matchup I've had thus far with my own version, though I've come incredibly close to nabbing a victory on a fair number of occasions (but a loss is still a loss). One thing I DO expect (and have seen thus far in the HGSS format) is that the "top tier" decks will be in a constant loop of countering each other. Reshiboar falls to Samugatr (Samuroutt/Feraligatr Prime). Samurgatr falls to Zekrom. Zekrom falls to Donchamp. The list goes on. So far, I'm seeing Powerade (what I'm calling Leafeon/Roserade) just simply squeezing in line. Like the others, it has good matchups, but there's one or two decks (I'm iffy about the Zekrom match-up, personally... survive the initial speed burst and you'll be fine, as their resources burn quicker than yours do... even matchup in my opinion, though I haven't tested it, yet) that it has problems with. It should also be noted that, in the unlikely event it comes back to power, Steelix Prime completely walls off Powerade. Like I said, though, not likely to really pop its head up due to Reshiboar being everywhere.

Okay, I'm ending this wall of test here. My main point was recommending Shaymin UL. It's worked wonders for me.

-1 seeker (2 is fine in this deck)
-2-2 Noctowl (I used to run this in decks but found it is just not worth it
-1 Elms
-1 Leafeon (4-3/1 is best in my testing with eevelutions and espeon prime)
+2-1-2 Crobat prime (Poisining for 40 a turn is great, also can snipe baby pokemon)
+2 rare candy (gets your crobats out early)

Lol Powerade, that's a nice name for this deck xD

Well, I wasn't expecting a post in this thread xD nevermind, the "top tier loop" always happened. It is like a law of the Pokémon TCG. But, thanks to the new format, now the decks are more competitive: Reshiboar is not very fast (but is very effective), Samugatr is very slow for build up, Zekrom is the only donk and the chances of that donk to happen are very low (but it is very fast) and Donchamp is not as fast as it used to be. The great pro of Leaferade (or Powerade, or Misma Sun, or blah blah blah) is that it can poison, confuse and burn the target, and that means that you can disrupt the opponents deck.

Leaferade has great chances of being a famous deck. IMO, the only thing that need is a good counter against Reshiboar (hece Espeon Prime for no fire weakness) and Steelix (but nobody is using it since Reshiboar is EVERYWHERE D: )

^Espeon Prime doesn't remove weakness. Umbreon MD does. :p

I think you can cut down the energy to 5 of each Basic Energy. This opens up room for 2 Unown RETURN. I don't know if you intended to use this in your deck, but it definitely helps to pick up the energy, and is better than plain energy that can only be attached each turn(it can also be searched out by Collector). Don't worry, I'm not trolling. I think:

- 1 Psychic Energy
- 1 Grass Energy

+ 2 Unown RETURN

That's my opinion. BTW, 4 Collector might be too much, you could consider Umbreon UD as a back-up attacker.

Ahiro said:
Lol Powerade, that's a nice name for this deck xD

Well, I wasn't expecting a post in this thread xD nevermind, the "top tier loop" always happened. It is like a law of the Pokémon TCG. But, thanks to the new format, now the decks are more competitive: Reshiboar is not very fast (but is very effective), Samugatr is very slow for build up, Zekrom is the only donk and the chances of that donk to happen are very low (but it is very fast) and Donchamp is not as fast as it used to be. The great pro of Leaferade (or Powerade, or Misma Sun, or blah blah blah) is that it can poison, confuse and burn the target, and that means that you can disrupt the opponents deck.

Leaferade has great chances of being a famous deck. IMO, the only thing that need is a good counter against Reshiboar (hece Espeon Prime for no fire weakness) and Steelix (but nobody is using it since Reshiboar is EVERYWHERE D: )

Powerade, an awesome deck and everyone's favorite sports drink (not really)! XD

I actually built and tested a Samugatr deck and found that it's not really THAT slow. It can easily match Reshiboar's speed despite running two stage 2s, and the big credit goes to Mantine HGSS with its attack that allows you to search your deck for any water-type pokemon. In multiple tests, I've found that I've had a turn 2-3 setup with it. Alomomola is essentially a weaker basic form of Samurott without the massive bulk, and that's what allows it to be going as early as turn two in some cases. It's main problem, however, is recovery. When it loses Samurott and Alomomola, it has difficultly trying to answer the KO back.

But that's not what this thread is about. XD

I tried Espeon Prime, but it always seemed to get in the way, even in Reshiboar matchups. The fact of the matter is that despite having a psychic weakness as oppose to the fire weakness, it's still irrelevent. Reshirams can still one-shot you. You'll still go behind one prize and you still have to KO the Reshiram back, anyways, if you want to keep up. I took it out of my deck. I still have yet to see a need for it in any of the matchups I have.

Pokemon Catcher will be great when it comes out so you can KO that annoying Emboar which makes Reshiboar tick, but it'll be a double-edged sword, as Roserade can be dragged out and KO'd as well. That's my greatest fear for its future. Won't stop me from trying, seeing as I'm an Eeveelution freak, but yeah...

It would be funny to make a deck with Feraligatr and call it Gatorade xD agh, bad jokes, get away from me...

I didn't knew about the existence of Mantine HS O_O yeah, that makes Samugatr a lot faster. About Samugatr, a nice tech is Golduck or Lanturn Prime, since you can attach the energies to Samurott and do a lot of damage with Lanturn.

Now, let's go to the deck of this thread.

You're totally right about Espeon Prime, and I also don't know which counter can be used in this deck. Maybe, the best way to counter Reshiboar is building as fast as possible 1 Leafeon and 1 Roserade.

Pokemon Catcher = No more techs, IMO. I dunno if Leaferade will be as powerful as it can be with Pokémon Catcher in the format. Maybe that'll come to add switches and SSU's, but still, Leaferade decks has a lot of benched techs that can be easily KO'd. Maybe the best idea will be adding a line of Vileplume, or use Rescue Energies in the techs too.

EDIT: Lol, I forgot to reply Yoshidude10's post!

Espeon MD doesn't remove weakness. Umbreon MD does :p

I used the Unown RETURN tech some time before, and I know that is very useful (and I don't know why I didn't add it in the decklist...). Also, the Umbreon UD line is a interesting idea (or a Umbreon Prime line? it's another type of strategy, but it can do some nice damage). I'll have to concentrate again in this deck, and try to made the changes.

PS: I'll modify the Pokémon Collector line.

Ahiro said:
It would be funny to make a deck with Feraligatr and call it Gatorade xD agh, bad jokes, get away from me...

I didn't knew about the existence of Mantine HS O_O yeah, that makes Samugatr a lot faster. About Samugatr, a nice tech is Golduck or Lanturn Prime, since you can attach the energies to Samurott and do a lot of damage with Lanturn.

Now, let's go to the deck of this thread.

You're totally right about Espeon Prime, and I also don't know which counter can be used in this deck. Maybe, the best way to counter Reshiboar is building as fast as possible 1 Leafeon and 1 Roserade.

Pokemon Catcher = No more techs, IMO. I dunno if Leaferade will be as powerful as it can be with Pokémon Catcher in the format. Maybe that'll come to add switches and SSU's, but still, Leaferade decks has a lot of benched techs that can be easily KO'd. Maybe the best idea will be adding a line of Vileplume, or use Rescue Energies in the techs too.

EDIT: Lol, I forgot to reply Yoshidude10's post!

Espeon MD doesn't remove weakness. Umbreon MD does :p

I used the Unown RETURN tech some time before, and I know that is very useful (and I don't know why I didn't add it in the decklist...). Also, the Umbreon UD line is a interesting idea (or a Umbreon Prime line? it's another type of strategy, but it can do some nice damage). I'll have to concentrate again in this deck, and try to made the changes.

PS: I'll modify the Pokémon Collector line.

I tried outspeeding Reshiboar. Doesn't work, and here's why: you can't one-shot them unless you have Roserade AND Houndoom (and Fire Breath is flippy), while Reshiram CAN one-shot you. Even if you get the first KO (which is likely while they're setting up), they'll eventually come back and start one-shotting everything you throw at them. At the moment they get ahead in prizes, you've already lost. **Technically, I've been testing against Reshi-phlosion, but I'm certain Reshiboar can mimic what Reshiphlosion does against Powerade.**

The only reliable way to face Reshiboar is to set-up TWO Houndooms (more reliability to get that burn, AKA 75% chance each turn), a Roserade, and a Leafeon. The problem with this is obvious: the time it takes to set-up. I HAVE found Elekid TM (yes, that baby Electabuzz) to be useful in softening a Reshiram enough to deliver a KO without burn (yay for poison tick!). I actually came close to winning one game because of this while I set up my Houndooms (shame that I got double tails when I absolutely needed the burn to deliver the game winning KO, and THEN a freaking heads on Elekid's sleep status). IMO, I think that Powerade against Reshi-boar/phlosion will remain unfavorable until Pokemon Catcher comes out. Targeting Reshiboar's engine will be what wins the game rather than trying to win a KO war (which they'll always win in the vast majority of cases).

At least until then, you can still make it an interesting game.

BTW, did you read my reccomendation for Shaymin UL in my first post in this thread?

The only battle I played against Reshiboar I ended winning it. The reason why was because I was able to build Roserade and Leafeon in T2, and the one using Reshiboar wasn't able to build anything. Maybe it was only good luck.

Seting two Houndooms is a good idea, the bad thing is that you loss an important place in your bench. I really didn't think about using Elekid TM (and yeah, coin flips are annoying). But, as I said before, IMO Pokémon Catcher will mean no more techs (or Vileplumes everywhere), and that'll mean no more Leaferade.

I think about using the Shaymin Line, but I didn't try it xD I was focused on some new decks (Zekrom, one for a friend of mine and another for my gf) and I didn't had time for testing another deck xD but thanks about the suggestion!

^ I agree. Also, Sunflora may be useful, but is a precious space in the bench (which it is occupied by another Leafeon, the special condition techs and Noctowl)

Look up the old archetype Riptide...It would qualify as a Gatorade deck.

You are going to have to adapt to having a leaner, more squishy Leafeon in a format without MD. Rescue Energy will be a key component. Adapting by switching from a more set-up heavy option like Blaziken to a more flip-heavy one like Houndoom is a step in the right direction.

Pokémon:
4-4 Leafeon UD
1 Espeon Prime UD
2-2 Roserade UL
2-2 Houndoom Prime UD
2-2 Noctowl GS

What Noctowl is that?
I was wondering if it was the same as
Noctowl 8/123 HGSS

Back