Minecraft (1.6 Discussion)

RE: Minecraft

Wow, there are a lot of Minecraft players on this forum. I CAN make a server, as I have experience hosting one, but it would only be up in the evening hours (EST).

Hmm. I'll see what I can do. No promises, ok? I'm about to head out of town for 5 days, so I won't be able to answer any questions until then.

PB minecraft server! That would be so awesome!
Me and my brother love minecraft. And recently I met a guy from France who doesn't speak English very well. I found out he plays minecraft and we played that all night haha.

I completely agree u MUST make a server. I have a friend who made one. IF/When u make a server u should use bukkit. It makes it a lot easier

I just... don't see how it could be fun. Now, I'm not totally knowledgable, because I've never played it, but I've seen my friends play it, and the only thing I ever see them doing is breaking a couple cubes of land or whatever and throwing down some cubes of bricks. Maybe it's just ignorance on my part, and the game is way funner when you're actually playing it, but I just don't get how you could get any enjoyment out of Minecraft...

Trust me I felt the same way. I was watching my friend play it and I had no idea how he was having so much fun. He let me make a new world, and I immediately became addicted. You can do anything you want. It's a lot more fun than it looks :D

Hey, i got a server set up if any of you guys want to partake. I cant leave the server up 24/7, so it is pretty flexible to your scedules. Hit me up if you want to!

Ok guys who want to join, the IP is 5.205.64.108 (or 5.205.64.108:25565 if the first dosnt work)

Please message me before you go on you I atleast have some sort of forwarning and no griefers.....

Hey you ought to make a Minecraft group in the group forums if you have a working server. :D

Eh. Groups tend to have trouble getting up. With all those appeal processes and what not, it might be best here. But Hit me up if you want to go on or not. Im turning the server on now. Sad to say, I cant be on for a bit because of Volleyball team practice, makes me sad:(.

I just tried getting on, just so I could test it, and it says

"Connection Timed out: Connect."

Do you know why this is?

You have to forward/trigger your ports if you never used this before
To do:
Go to routerlogin.net
Go to Port Triggering/Forwarding
Makes sure it is set on on a connection with a recieving port of 25565 and a exiting port of 25565.

Or the other problem: I just turned the Server on, so you may have missed it coming on. My bad

And to garentee this to work, download Hamachi (Look it up on Google if you dont have it), go to Network, click Join Network and type this:

Note: FOR THE SERVER TO WORK YOU MUST JOIN MY HAMACHI SO PORT FORWARDING OCCURS (sorry for over-dramitization but it is necessary)

When joining my Network type in:

ID: 070-012-191
Password: None (Leave blank and press OK)

Now that you are connected to my Port, you should be able to acess my server with this IP:

Thats basically the turtorial for those who dont know who to get in the Server. i will be leaving it up, however I cannot go on untill later. I will be changing the map, so dont get comfortable on the defult map now.

i'll be stalking your server as soon as hamachi decides to let me connect to its servers again someday.

Back