XY Mega Pokémon: Which Pokémon Would You Like To See With A Mega Evolution?

I moved many of the previous posts to the relevant thread. Remember we have other threads to discuss the Mega Evolution and Mega Pokémon; as well as a thread for leaks, rumours, and speculation. Keep this thread on-topic! Share your wishes and don't forget to elaborate on them! :D

I still haven't seen a single Unova pokemon with a mega evolution! I'm putting a guess for alot of pokemons that require a mega evolution. The ones on my guess are Gallade, if it's counterpart "Gardevoir" has a mega evolution why Gallade can't have one? Carnivine, Drapion, and let us not forget "Porygon-z" I doubt it has a mega evolution! I'm placing an assumption that Porygon-z's mega stone is most likely to be found in a lab! That's just an interesting theory! Regarding Unova pokemons that require a mega evolutions. Scrafty, Galvantula, and Cofagrigus, they need a mega evolution! Even though I still haven't got my hands on the games, because I'm waiting for players who are making walkthroughs, and playthroughs for the games to discover, and detail more new mega evolutions.

I was really hoping all the starters would've had megas. My favorite starter is Chikorita but Meganium really is nothing to be proud of. Hope it eventually gets ones. Maybe get fairy typing, flower pedal wings. I dont care, it needs something! lol

professorlight said:
I want a mega lanturn, like P.DelSlayer, but only if they do it in the streamlined/elegant direction, like ampharos or charizard Y and give it a super speed boost (lanturn just strikes me as a fast electric fish), rather than fully embracing it's angler heritage and making it a hellspawn determined to eat everything good and pure (like charizard X, mewtwo X, tyranitar, etc). Hell, I might even do one myself later, if I feel like doing it.

Meanwhile, I'm hoping for the opposite. I want it to go back to its anglerfish roots and be the deep sea pokemon I always knew it was meant to be - not a porpoise fish with lights. I know it's late, but I can always hope for a later introduction or Event reveal.

Mega Zoroark would be my personal request for a megavolution. Once I got one in Black2, I used it constantly, and loved it.

I think I'd now like to see a mega evolution for Milotic, giving it a bit of an angelic, long, flowy look to it. Also, I noticed something about mega evolution. It's apparently the "potential to evolve further", yet it can only be a "temporary evolution" and "more research is being done" on mega evolution. I guess this means we're looking at the pokemon as they are halfway through evolution, but due to some unknown force, they cannot complete it and can only use these stones to slightly get there. So, basically, for example, Mawile's evolution would look similar to mega mawile, but might be taller and more humanlike. And with absol, it's true evolution would have complete functioning wings, two full grown horns, and a possible fairy- or flying-type secondary typing. Anyway.....
I think I'd also like to see the regis get megas. Like, Regirock would become a bunch of rock plates from some broken ball floating around a golden ball of energy with Regirock's eyes on it, and it's back spikes would still be floating there, and it's arms would be longer and have rock claws. Regice would be similar, but with icicles and frost instead of rocks and would have long snow arms with icicle claws. Registeel would be the same with pieces of metal and some metal pack on the back with 6 wires going from one side to the other, right over the front. And the arms would be coming out of the shoulder balls floating there and would be lots of wires with metal armor on it with metal claws. Regigigas could have the black lines glow and connect to the black lines by the false eyes, and the false eyes could become real eyes. The feet would get a golden thing like the arms, but would go higher, and the back could get a stone, ice, and metal spike on each side. I'd like this.

I really like the idea of Milotic getting a mega evo. Seeing Gyarados turned into Water/Dark, i really hope Mega Milotic gains a Fairy typing, but with some new ability to be immune to Poison-type move and absorb it into raising it's defense. A defensive mega evo. :D

Lapras could really have one too, being a strong single line pokemon since Gen 1, it'll be awesome if Lapras has a mega evo, with sleeker design like Charizard Y, improving Lapras' natural beauty. :)

Ririka said:
Lapras could really have one too, being a strong single line pokemon since Gen 1, it'll be awesome if Lapras has a mega evo, with sleeker design like Charizard Y, improving Lapras' natural beauty. :)

I like that, makes it more like a Plesiosaur than Nessie! Milotinite, Laprasite, Dragonisite, Haxorite, Hydreigonite, Salamencite, Metagrite, Magmortite, and Electivirite should all happen. (Milotic, Lapras, Dragonite, Haxorus, Hydreigon, Salamence, Metagross, Magmortar, Electivire)
I'd love to see Magmortar get some kind of fuel rods on it's back and some kind of tubes from it's cannons to the fuel rods or something. Electivire could become a gorilla yeti thing but more muscular and lean with the wire tails now with plugs on the end, and the forearms and ankles with a long wire like the regular tails going down them. But, as long as they make Meganiumite, Typhlosite, Feraligatinite, Sceptilite, Swampertite, Torterrite, Infernapite, Empoleosite, Serperiorite, Emboarite, and Samurite, I'll be fine. Im sleepy now...

I would've loved to see a Mega Evolution for Ninetales with a Fire/Fairy type combo. My reasoning for this is because Ninetales is just one of those majestically designed Pokémon, but it could've been even more majestic with a Mega Evolution.

I also would've wanted a Mega Evolution for Cofagrigus. If Kangaskhan got a Mega Evolution where the baby comes out of the pouch to fight, why didn't Cofagrigus get a Mega Evolution where the mummy inside comes out of the coffin to fight?

The last Mega Evolution that I would've would've wanted is for Ludicolo. If this happened, the game's music would change from the respective battle track to a happy, mariachi-style tune. After all, Ludicolo does look like he could fit in with a mariachi band...

Give me a Mega Dunsparce and a Mega Stunfisk and I can die a happy man knowing that all things have at least some good in them.

Seriously though, I really hope that Nintendo have a few more hidden away in the coding that they'll give away in events!

christinaaguilerafan56 said:
I would've loved to see a Mega Evolution for Ninetales with a Fire/Fairy type combo. My reasoning for this is because Ninetales is just one of those majestically designed Pokémon, but it could've been even more majestic with a Mega Evolution.

I also would've wanted a Mega Evolution for Cofagrigus. If Kangaskhan got a Mega Evolution where the baby comes out of the pouch to fight, why didn't Cofagrigus get a Mega Evolution where the mummy inside comes out of the coffin to fight?

The last Mega Evolution that I would've would've wanted is for Ludicolo. If this happened, the game's music would change from the respective battle track to a happy, mariachi-style tune. After all, Ludicolo does look like he could fit in with a mariachi band...

Ninetales could work as Ghost or fairy, seeing as how it's based off of a spirit fox.

How are Cofagrigus and Kangaskhan similar at all? You can't say "after all, if this gets that, why cant this also get one?" if they're not related. That's like saying "If Kirlia now evolves with a dusk stone when it's a male, why doesnt Parasect evolve with a stone when it's a certain gender too?"

I'd honestly love to see mega Ludicolo and Shiftry. Ludicolo could... um... Not sure what it could get, but shiftry could definitely get a face like a Japanese Oni and matching horns and stuff!

The Unova pokemon need some love too i think.

Like, Mega Gothitelle as a dark counterpart of Mega Gardevoir (not too mention her shiny form). MegaGothitelle could become a Psychic/Ghost or Psychic/Dark, with more frilly dress and long curly hair with lots of ribbons.

And the popular demand of Mega Zoroark, seeing that it's likely to be the Gen V's Lucario. A lot of concept can be said for this guy, would love it if he became a Dark/Ghost.

And there are still tons of Unova Pokemon to be considered to have a mega form, but maybe these will wait until later Generation.

I kinda wanna see a Mega Emolga. It may not sound very good, but Emolga's wings aren't its most prominent feature. However, with a Mega Evolution, the wings would become more prominent. Without that treatment, it's just Pachirisu with wings and a shorter tail.

christinaaguilerafan56 said:
I kinda wanna see a Mega Emolga. It may not sound very good, but Emolga's wings aren't its most prominent feature. However, with a Mega Evolution, the wings would become more prominent. Without that treatment, it's just Pachirisu with wings and a shorter tail.

The only problem with that is that it would most likely mean all the electric rodents get Megas.

we could potentially have 7 just from the rodents:
-Raichu
-Plusle
-Minun
-Pachirisu
-Emolga
-Dedenne

now I know I said seven and there are 6 on the list. That's because of 1 glaring thing.
Pikachu.
I really would not put it past GF to give Pikachu it's own Mega, even if we got a Raichu Mega.
I wouldn't even put it past them to ignore Raichu completely and only give one to Pika.

What you described would probably be better done as a real evolution, and let's be honest, Emolga wouldn't mind having a real evolution either.

2 more of my ideas
-Arcanine - I'll admit I am biased, but Arcie has always been slightly underwhelming competitively. It's stats try to make it seem like an all-rounder whilst what it really wants is just speed and attack and then it's set. A Mega could potentially give it a nice Fire/Fighting or even Fire/Dragon dual typing - if Ampharos got Dragon then Arcanine isn't that much of a stretch. Give it more speed and attack and it's set.

-Altaria - poor Altaria was never the best Dragon; always dropped in favor of the bigger guys and left at the bottom of the barrel. A Mega could really help it, maybe even with a Fairy type - the potential to become Dragon/Fairy in a battle would be very interesting, plus it loses the annoying dual Ice weakness and its Rock and Dragon weakness for a Poison weakness and Steel weakness (and 2x Ice weakness). Could be very nice.

We can't ask for too many more because they can't possibly give away 10-20 mega stones as mystery gifts over the course of 2-4 years. DLC, although probably not happening, is a possibility...

But if we have to go through this generation without one single Unova mega, then I won't be very happy. I was disappointed when none of the Kalos pokemon were confirmed have any, so you bet I'm hoping for some fifth gen ones.

My Hopes-
Mega Meganium - Grass/Dragon
Mega Sceptile - Grass
Mega Infernape - Fire/Fighting
Mega Samurott - Water/Fighting (I swear, if he doesn't get fighting...)
Mega Serperior - Grass/Dragon
Mega Emboar - Fire (You read right)
Mega Sawk - Fighting
Mega Throh - Fighting
Mega Gothitelle - Psychic/Fairy
Mega Raichu - Electric
Mega Ninetales - Fire/Ghost
Mega Rapidash - Fire

For various reasons, I am fully aware that many of these typings and/or mega evolutions will not happen, but I'm still confident that most (if not all) of the starters will get something.

Jakeremix said:
We can't ask for too many more because they can't possibly give away 10-20 mega stones as mystery gifts over the course of 2-4 years. DLC, although probably not happening, is a possibility...

But if we have to go through this generation without one single Unova mega, then I won't be very happy. I was disappointed when none of the Kalos pokemon were confirmed have any, so you bet I'm hoping for some fifth gen ones.

My Hopes-
Mega Meganium - Grass/Dragon
Mega Sceptile - Grass
Mega Infernape - Fire/Fighting
Mega Samurott - Water/Fighting (I swear, if he doesn't get fighting...)
Mega Serperior - Grass/Dragon
Mega Emboar - Fire (You read right)
Mega Sawk - Fighting
Mega Throh - Fighting
Mega Raichu - Electric
Mega Ninetales - Fire/Ghost
Mega Rapidash - Fire

For various reasons, I am fully aware that many of these typings and/or mega evolutions will not happen, but I'm still confident that most (if not all) of the starters will get something.

On your list I'd change:
-Mega Meganium to Grass/Fairy - Meganium's overall shtick seems more Fairy-oriented and it provides a nice thing
-Mega Rapidash to Fire/Fairy OR Fire/Flying - Pegasus anyone? Flying fits with the whole wing business but Fairy could be an interesting way for it to go as well

with your ideas in mind:
-Mega Arcanine to contrast Mega Ninetales; the 2 are frequently thought of as a duo and it would be nice to see Megas for both, could be Fire/Dragon or Fire/Fighting
-Mega Reuniclus Psychic/Ghost - would be a very interesting thing for Reuniclus to gain

also, I bet they'll make a Mega Samurott and it will end up being Water/Steel or something just to troll us

Here are my hopes as of now:

Mega Torterra (turns to Grass/Steel!)
Mega Noctowl (Psychic/Flying with Magic Guard, anyone? And please, boost the special attack stat!)
Mega Sceptile (Grass/Dark and higher attack for dual-type Leaf Blade / Night Slash STAB and Super Luck!)
Mega Flygon (Ground/Dragon I guess, but Flygon needs it)
Mega Machamp (He needs something over Conkeldurr to succeed and he needs to be able to compete with Alakazam]

I'll think of some more later! This is my updated list!

Thetwiggy13 said:
Here are my hopes as of now:

Mega Torterra (turns to Grass/Steel!)
Mega Noctowl (Psychic/Flying with Magic Guard, anyone? And please, boost the special attack stat!)
Mega Sceptile (Grass/Dark and higher attack for dual-type Leaf Blade / Night Slash STAB and Super Luck!)
Mega Flygon (Ground/Dragon I guess, but Flygon needs it)
Mega Machamp (He needs something over Conkeldurr to succeed and he needs to be able to compete with Alakazam]

I'll think of some more later! This is my updated list!

How would a mythical turtle with a planet on it's back turn to steel type?
Mega Noctowl would be awesome to see!
You know, just the other day, I was telling my friend that the Hoenn starters make me think of fighting. Well, Ok so Sceptile makes me think of assasins more than fighters, but Blaziken is martial arts and Swampert is mud wrestling.
Isn't that already Flygon's typing?
How would Mega Machamp work? Red skin and a bulge? Lol I'm sorry, I'd like to see them make a mega for Golem too, since that's the 4 Trade Pokemon right there. Evolve around the same level, evolve again with the same method. One set dual type, the other mono. Also, one has (or had) the type advantage over the other, so we need this.

Jakeremix said:
Mega Sawk - Fighting
Mega Throh - Fighting

No, please no, no those two, everything except those two...

Jakeremix said:

Dark would be more fitting, and it'd give her STAB for a good part of her natural movepool.

P.DelSlayer said:
-Mega Meganium to Grass/Fairy - Meganium's overall shtick seems more Fairy-oriented and it provides a nice thing

Meganium is a dinosaur, dragon is the way to go. Though some fairy type moves would be okay.

P.DelSlayer said:
-Mega Arcanine to contrast Mega Ninetales; the 2 are frequently thought of as a duo and it would be nice to see Megas for both, could be Fire/Dragon or Fire/Fighting

That is a very good idea, fire/fighting and fire/psychic, I think.

P.DelSlayer said:
also, I bet they'll make a Mega Samurott and it will end up being Water/Steel or something just to troll us

Pfft, mega samurott will be a samurai bird, fire/fighting. I'm calling it now, guys, you'll see.

-Mega Kingler (Water/Dark, maybe Water/Fighting)
-Mega Golduck (Water/Psychic or just Water)
-Mega Jynx (Psychic/Ice or was it Ice/Psychic, I think a Jynx mega evolution will make up for Electivire and Magmortar)
-Mega Lapras (Water/Ice or Ice/Water whatever)
-Mega Vespiquen (Don't know if I spelled its name right, but Bug/Flying or Bug/Fairy)
-Mega Ninjask (Bug/Dark)
-Mega Pidgeot (Flying/Normal)
-Mega Fearow (Flying/Dark maybe)
-Mega Breloom (Grass/Fighting)
-Mega Jumpluff (Grass/Fairy)
-Mega Swalot (Poison)

Back