XY Mega Pokémon: Which Pokémon Would You Like To See With A Mega Evolution?

Finch182

Aspiring Trainer
To allow proper discussion, future posts about Mega Pokémon you would like to see should include arguments that support why the Pokémon deserves/needs a mega form and how the form can fix that. Personal preference should be elaborated with possible changes to design! Otherwise, think of competitive play: stats, types, abilities, weaknesses, strengths, etc. or other valid arguments! *[mod]Drohn[/mod]

So, now we know X and Y will contain 'Mega Formes' of older Pokemon, which Pokemon would you love to see go MEGA?!

Personally, I would love to see Blastoise, Charizard, Snorlax, Wailord and Alakazam.

What about you guys?

RE: What 'Mega' Pokemon formes are you excited/hoping to see?

MegaRhyperior, let's add an even more powerful form on an already unnecessary evolution!
Or MegaFarfetch'd for the trolls.

~

Honestly, I somehow expect a MegaKlinklang, with even more gears..

I love the Mega Forme concept, but I hope to God that they don't do one for EACH Unown and Eeveelution. Or things like Basculin, Luvdisc and Ditto.

MegaClefable with the ability to fly, MegaHoundoom Cerberus.
Wait, are these Mega forms their way of redesigning the pokemon for a newer generation? Clever

MegaChomp and MegaMence. Dear god.

Every starter as a Mega. It makes a lot of sense. Actually it makes a lot more sense than their choices for the revealed Megas.

MegaHydreigon, its design looks incomplete.

I seriously dislike the mega pokemon (the only good one is lucario in my opinion) they have really bad designs. Mewtwo is bad, Ampharos is the EXACT same except for it has a wig and differerent tail, making it a dragon type. Mawile looks really, uh, wierd, and Blazekin looks too complex, and looks more like fire/flying then fire/fighting. Don't ask me why, but Mega Blazekin looks like White Kyurem. Call me a genwunner, but Gen 6 is probally my least favorite generation so far just from the revealed information.

However, I would like to see a Mega Regigigas which has the rumored sky form from the shaymin/giritina movie.

Discuss the CoroCoro leaks here!

[private] I unapproved some off-topic discussion here, but since the front page wasn't updated there was not a lot of choice for them to discuss things elsewhere. So no (verbal) warnings given for off-topic posting. *Drohn [/private]

[split] What cool new Pokemon/evolution do you want to see in the 6th generation?

With the reveal of Mega Evolutions, I'm revising my list for new evos:

Fire/Dragon Charizard Mega evo (the realization of every fanboy's dream)
Farfetch'd evo
Tauros/Miltank pre evo
Dunsparce evo
Qwilfish evo
Skarmory Mega evo
Houndoom Mega evo
Surskit alt evo
Sableye Mega evo
Castform Mega evo
Tropius pre evo
Tropius evo
Luvdisc evo
Arceus Mega evo (let's face it, this is probably going to happen in order to re-establish Arceus' supremacy now that anything can Mega evolve)
Grass/Dragon Serperior Mega evo
Swoobat Mega evo
Druddigon pre evo
Druddigon Mega evo (possibly with a retype such as Dragon/Rock)

RE: What 'Mega' Pokemon formes are you hoping to see?

Mega Gigas, Mega Gigalith, Mega Yanmega, Mega Meganium, Mega Electrode.

The last one is because, if they're updating old Pokemon to look newer, I think they need to do something about the line that's a Pokeball with a face, and an evolution that's the same thing but upside down. Don't get me wrong, I like Voltorb/Electrode, but I'd also like to see them try to add random appendages to a Pokemon's head when that Pokemon is just an orb.

Ohman177 said:
Tropius, Lapras, Altaria, Flygon, and Banette Mega evos are a must. A MUST.

I don't think MegaBanette would balance out with Dusknoir if that's what you're implying.

Dark Void said:
Mega Gigas, Mega Gigalith, Mega Yanmega, Mega Meganium, Mega Electrode.

The last one is because, if they're updating old Pokemon to look newer, I think they need to do something about the line that's a Pokeball with a face, and an evolution that's the same thing but upside down. Don't get me wrong, I like Voltorb/Electrode, but I'd also like to see them try to add random appendages to a Pokemon's head when that Pokemon is just an orb.

MegaElectrode should look like a Master Ball.

Dark Void said:
Mega Electrode.

Well, how would you think they'll do that?! It's just a Pokéball! How would it be "upgraded"? An even bigger Ball? An upside-down Ultra Ball? XD

RE: [split] What cool new Pokemon/evolution do you want to see in the 6th generation?

I kinda like this actually... its an entirely new mechanic that brings new possibilities to the game, and so far the new Mega Forms are actually pretty cool looking, if you ask me.

Bolt the Cat said:
Fire/Dragon Charizard Mega evo (the realization of every fanboy's dream)
Suddenly seems like a possibility now, doesn't it? What with Blaziken being confirmed to have this new ability, it seems likely all starters will... of course, the Gen Wunners won't like it, since it'll involve a redesign and not just a retyping (if even that; he could easily stay Fire/Flying).

So, if I had to guess, I'd say all the starters will get a Mega Form, because of Blaziken...
As will Sableye, since Mawile got one...
I think Zoroark might get one, since Lucario got one, and they basically fill the same role...

After that, it's hard to say... I strongly doubt every Pokemon will get a new form, but I can see many of the rarer and final form Pokemon getting one.

Also, what does this mean for Mewtwo's supposed second form? And if he's getting a second form, what does that mean for other Pokemon? Could they get a second form?!

And what about other Legendary Pokemon?! Are they getting new forms too?!

Also, anyone else disappointed that Mewtwo got stuck with Insomnia?! I mean, seriously, Insomnia?! Sure, he's immune to Darkrai's Dark Void, but that's really all it'd be good for. They couldn't have given him something more... useful?

Mega Charizard please. Then I can have a Megazord in Pokemon.
*Edit* 1200 posts in six years! That's impreesive, right? *crickets* Anyone?

[private]Not unapproved because this is his post #1200. Don't want to ruin this special moment :p *Drohn[/private]

To allow proper discussion, future posts about Mega Pokémon you would like to see should include arguments that support why the Pokémon deserves/needs a mega form and how the form can fix that. Personal preference should be elaborated with possible changes to design! Otherwise, think of competitive play: stats, types, abilities, weaknesses, strengths, etc. or other valid arguments! *[mod]Drohn[/mod]

I suppose it's worth noting that new info has confirmed that not all Pokemon will be getting a Mega Form.

Definitely makes sense. I personally can't see why some Pokemon, like the generic early bug, bird and Normal-types getting a Mega Form.

I would love to see Tropius for one get a "mega form" because I'm so bummed about how it really sucks even though it looks as though it could potentially be a powerhouse. Higher special attack please!

Druddigon, because I would love for the lil' dude to be high rank as the other dragons. Dragon/Rock, Higher attack and defense. I want to use him competitively!

J.D. said:
I suppose it's worth noting that new info has confirmed that not all Pokemon will be getting a Mega Form.

Definitely makes sense. I personally can't see why some Pokemon, like the generic early bug, bird and Normal-types getting a Mega Form.

Don't you think those are pokemon that could both use and deserve a boost more than something already as powerful as Mewtwo or Blaziken? The bugs especially, who only seem to exist to play with in-game and be quickly forgotten.

SuperHyperKirliafan89 said:
professorlight said:
No, please, gardevoir is perfect as she is, they will make her look like some digimon shit.

That said:

MEGAMAGIKARP, FOOLS!

shame on you, forgetting the big M.

They're still gonna end up getting them (as long as Gamefreak does them the right way.)

I know, I know, but she is perfect as she is; so simple, so graceful, and she has my hair, my hair, do you understand that? I liked that hairdo since I was 3, she is my perfect pokemon... I don't want to see her change... *sob*

TokenDuelist said:
professorlight said:
No, please, gardevoir is perfect as she is, they will make her look like some digimon shit.

That's not so bad when you look at the art for most of the feminine digimon |3c

Also yay my other post got deleted for a possibly silly reason despite still fitting into PG-13. Yippee for knowing how age-ratings work when the above poster said shit even.

Hey, you can say shit too...

I don't like the feminine digimon either; the only one I like (digimon overall, not only feminine) is lillymon (dianamon too, but it's exclusive to digimon world dusk for NDS), and in digimon world, I never evolved her into those hedious rosemon and whiterosemon or whatever; they are sooo overdone, and ugly.
Pokemon designs are mostly simple, elegant, clever and "natural"; they make sense for something that is supposed to exist outside the control of humans. Digimon are too over the top, overdone and with a lot of specific references to human activities and objects, which makes sense, given their universe.
That's why they are different, and adding new evos (okay, "awakened forms", but evos nonetheless) is a step towards that direction, look at digimon, bakugan, dragon ball Z, ben 10 ultimate something (and those are only the ones I know of...) how many times they say "okay, this is the last form of X" but then, they go "you fool. here's the ULTIMATE SUPER ULTRA MEGA POWERFUL INFINITE FORM! HAHAHAHAHA!" it's just something they pull out of their asses as an easy way to give the franchise/season/movie more length/marketing/merchandising/new season/whatever; It's so cliche at this point.

I would be fine, though, if they do gardevoir like ampharos, keeping the same design but giving her something extra (something gorgeous), maybe shortening the skirt a little, giving her a little more hair and some pink "straps" on her shoulders, but that's IT. She doesn't really need that or anything more.

I'd like a megacorsola, (though I fear what might come out of that). I don't know about stats, moves or abilities since we still don't know about how those are handled even in the already released megaforms.
Corsola needs some love... and lots of hair, apparently.

Back