News Massive 'Premium Trainer's XY Collection' Releasing in November!

People will say that anyway lol. I know so many people who think the Shiny Megas from AOR are SRs

Well yeah, kids are gonna be kids, but still...I guess the point I wanted to make was that I don't think the card would deserve a Secret Rare numbering simply because of how much easier it'd be to get than if it were an actual SR that's either limited to packs or forking over a bunch for it for a single.

Well yeah, kids are gonna be kids, but still...I guess the point I wanted to make was that I don't think the card would deserve a Secret Rare numbering simply because of how much easier it'd be to get than if it were an actual SR that's either limited to packs or forking over a bunch for it for a single.
They could have (and probably will) Make the box quite limited as children wouldn't be as interested as competitive players, And IMO Pokemon tries to market towards children (see Legacy Evo Collection and M Tyranitar box). So that would warrant them being SRs

They could have (and probably will) Make the box quite limited as children wouldn't be as interested as competitive players, And IMO Pokemon tries to market towards children (see Legacy Evo Collection and M Tyranitar box). So that would warrant them being SRs

Still don't see how that warrants it? I mean, unless it's like "HEY WHOA WOW LOOK KIDS THIS CARD IS A SECRET SHHH DON'T TELL ANYONE"(like they did with that horrible article about Rainbow Rares and SR Items/Energy) in your face I don't see how that's going to be the selling point. What you see on the front of the box is what's going to sell, a little kid is going to want to see the big cool Pokemon, and I doubt that whether he knows it's a SR or not is going to make or break the deal. That M-Tyranitar EX box, for instance, the little kid buying it isn't going to notice it's a straight AOR reprint, he's going to buy it for the cool looking Pokemon. The numbering, in that market, is arbitrary since it's not the big selling point, unless they make it that selling point. That's just in a general market, filled with kids and parents who don't know the intricacies of the game. For collectors, it's obviously going to sell, and for players it's going to sell. Collectors such as myself want to add this card to their collection for a multitude of reasons. Art, exclusiveness, etc. Players who bling out their decks are going to want them, because there's a ton of stuff there that has either been previously unavailable as a Full Art, such as Delinquent and Hex Maniac, or cards that are incredibly difficult to obtain, such as N.

In a sense, yes, it doesn't matter either way, but if they make it a Secret Rare and advertised it as such, would that not be false advertising in a way? It isn't really a "secret rare" if it's available in that one product. If that were the case, they could make any promo card a "secret rare" of a set. Tapu Koko-GX Promo? FA Hex Maniac? Solg/Lunala GX promos? Any of those can now be a SR, or just a completely additional card with a new numbering if that were the case. You can't just add new cards to a set two years after they come out. Alternate cards aren't this because it doesn't affect the original set as it was, they're just a promo containing the same legality as the original print. In a master set, then yes it's adding a new card to it, but in the normal, basic set, no, not necessarily.

It's going to be a cool box, but $80 for a bunch of cards that aren't even Standard legal anymore just isn't worth it to me. I understand this is still awesome for collectors and those who play Expanded though. I'm really only interested in picking up the full art N. I'd rather just buy 4 of those separately, depending on what they go for.

It quite literally is not. If I go buy a Roaring Skies booster, I'm not going to find one of these in there.
Dude its an alternative art. It is still *technically* part of the set. Theyre only doing this so Shaymin doesnt stay in standard. Why are you arguing with something that the company has already done lol...

Oh man, I'm so hyped that I'll be able to get these earlier than anticipated! Already been talking to my LGS owner to reserve 4 of these when it first comes out. I can't wait to get these cards!

Do you know how much this is gong to retail for? I read online that it was going to retail for 80$ USD. But I am not sure that was legit. Do you have any insight?
It's $80. Which kinda sucks as you only get 2 packs (they better not be EVO or STS)

Contrary to the original story's listed MSRP, it will actually be $99 USD.

Well, for a collector of FA Supporters, $100 doesn't seem too bad for some solid cards. Maybe one box and a few code cards from eBay?

Let me ask a question, would you prefer this N over the Noble Victories one in your decks? Which one looks better to you?

Back