News Massive 'Premium Trainer's XY Collection' Releasing in November!

So every single card in the set will belong to it's respective number in the original sets. I hate the alternate art thing Pokemon is doing now. Either release it with the original sets or not at all. Sun and Moon has made the company greedier. "Here, have alternate arts", "here by the full-arts of cards that were in that one set in this $40 box."

This is where the downfall begins, just make sure we remember this is where it began and where we were to see it.

I disagree that the alternate arts are a negative thing. You're right, it means more product, but since they aren't promos and don't affect the meta it just means we get more cool stuff. the alternative is here, Japan still has cool stuff the rest of the world doesn't get

I'd be willing to buy 4 of these just for the N FAs alone. This is great

My thoughts exactly. I see this as "$80 for an Epic FA N and some nifty extras."

EDIT: If anyone can message me once they find a site you can pre-order this in USD I would really appreciate it :)

Last edited:
This sounds fantastic and all until I read that it includes TWO packs? Why include any at all at that rate? As a collector only and not a player I'm thinking I may sit this one out unless I'm extremely wowed by the product images. I'm going to need at least 6-8 packs for an $80 dollar price tag, including all of the extras.

I have no problem with the price tag if more packs are included.

Even though you don't get 6-8 more XY series packs in the box, it's like getting a full art or two in every pack (it's just that you don't get the pleasure of opening those 6-8 packs). Hopefully, they will make ALL of the full arts textured. They are so much more collectible that way.

I don't think the N from the collection will be more than 20 bucks simply because they will flood the market. I expect them to be about 10 bucks as the most expensive card from the box. As a matter of fact, I think Team Flare Grunt and Karen will be more expensive since those cards are already hard to get.

If this set is anything like the Generations Super Premium Box last year, there will not be a ton of them. The boxes actually dried up around here before Christmas then a few more came out after but those dried up quickly also. I think these will be more desirable because of the cool full arts alone.

If this set is anything like the Generations Super Premium Box last year, there will not be a ton of them. The boxes actually dried up around here before Christmas then a few more came out after but those dried up quickly also. I think these will be more desirable because of the cool full arts alone.

I don't think this will be a problem like last time.

images
Wait so will hex be an alt art or a promo... cause I would love hex to be standard legal for anither year. Especially with that art!
If that's possible I would be happppyyyyyyy

Thumbs down
and here i thought these cards are gonna be reprinted.
seriously what is wrong with tcg? alternate art thing is really not worth it. what happened to those days when we got reprints of all great bw cards in black white legendary treasures? japan made a best of xy expansion making cards valuable and legal for standards, people who are from rural places outside us and uk playing tcgo, not being able to buy original products they go after cheap cards and reprints would make them play with their old cards.
seriously tcg has become greedy for money

If you can't see why the alternate art system is one of the best things to happen to the TCG in a long time, you're an utter (pardon my French) dimwit. Rotations exist for a reason.

Oh, it's one of these posts. Nevermind.

While the origin of Pokémon was not to just make money, but give life to one man's childhood dream, the point of continuing franchises like this is to make money. The first games may have been created in earnest, but it is somewhat doubtful that the sequel was, and extraordinarily unlikely that any games after that were. Outside of the games, things like toys, comics, and our beloved trading card game were made strictly for profit. That is the point of such things. Saying something such as:
Only serves to demonstrate your lack of understanding of how the world works, or at the very least how businesses work. They haven't suddenly become greedy. The purpose of PTCG has always been money.

Now I'll admit that there is some merit to your comment in that over the past few years, they have been ever-reaching for increased profits at the cost of quality. The movie quality has been getting worse and worse, in terms of plot as well as dubbed versions having terrible VO and the musical score being converted to bland stock BGM. The TCG cards and bundles have increased in quantity and prices while the quality of the card stock has been decreasing gradually. Incidences of miscuts/misprints and damaged-in-box cards have been noticeably higher as of late. The Sun&Moon booster box pack-algorithm was a miniature disaster for traders/resellers. I'm sure there are plenty more examples available, but I tend not to involve myself with any other Pokémon product. Just remember, as long as people are willing to buy it, TPCi will make and sell it.

That N looks way better than I originally thought it did. Makes me want this product even more than I already did. Hope I'm able to get it in that early date.

Back