Mario Kart Discussion Thread

catutie said:
The coin idea is...uhhh...it could go good or bad. On the good side YAY COINS. On the bad side...it depends on how many coins you earn for each thing. If you have to get 4 golds to buy one level then ya...it wouldn't be very worth it

"yay I finally got all 1,000 to buy Mushroom Gorge. I wonder what the next thing is"

"Coconut Mall 2,000"

"FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF"

Ya...you see my point
Tracks are unlocked the normal way. The car parts (wheels, frame and glider) are unlocked through coins, and are the only things unlocked through coins.

O.M.G i use to be the best at this game!!!! I would go online and get first in almost every race, i think my fav character was king boo. <3 but i had to trade it in becuse i needed money for black ops.

ForeignDude said:
So how about the 3DS Wheel? I think it's neat, and I'll probably get one if it comes in blue.

There's a 3DS wheel?! How did I not know about this?!?!

It was just announced today: http://nintendo3dsblog.com/there-is-a-steering-wheel-accessory-that-will-be-released-for-the-3ds-alongside-mario-kart-7

Looks interesting, though $16 might be a little much (though, if it made it to America, it would probably be something like $10).

It does look nice, but it's a bit too pricey for what it is. I'd get it if it were more like $10 or $11.

Oh gosh it's the Wii Wheel all over again, except the Wii Wheel felt sort of natural due to the rounded shape. This 3DS wheel just... looks bad. I doubt the gyro-motion control of the 3DS will make people want to buy the wheel seeing as you have to turn the whole console to turn, it might make those long drifts kinder difficult. Though it's obvious they'll bundle it with the game and a 3DS just to make some sales.

The way I understand it, the two unannounced new characters have never been in a Mario Kart game before. Correct? If so, I wonder who they could be...

Yeah. The two characters have never been playable in Mario Kart.

I'm working on a theory about the two possible characters. I'll have it done this afternoon and post it for you guys.

I'm gonna think that the new characters are gonna be someone more...um...main? Not like some random baddy they pulled out of a hat. I'm thinking Pianta or someone from the Galaxy games...hmmm....or maybe more DK characters :D Tiny Kong :D

But not Modern Tiny Kong. I like Classic much more. Now that I think about it, Pianta is almost a sure fire character.

ForeignDude said:
Has anything been said as to why Waluigi is not in the game? Seems like such an odd decision.

Because he makes me want to slam my head against a wall That is a good question. Wasn't he in DD? They probably just cut him from MKWii so that they could put in other people...like...um...Dry Bowser for some reason...

Seriously...why is a character that was in NSMB DS for 10 seconds in MK? That never made sense to me...

According to the latest issue of Nintendo Power, the remaining two characters are Wiggler and Queen Bee...

I'm not too sure what to think. At least its cool to see that Nintendo is thinking outside the box.

Heh heh... Did you seriously just say "Queen Bee"? o.o Seems a little...awkward but alright. Even Wiggler seems kinda silly but I don't really mind too much. Characters don't really matter too much, it's the gameplay that counts. >:]

Afro-G said:
Characters don't really matter too much, it's the gameplay that counts. >:]

>:O

Nonsense, the reason I am playing my new (lol) MK Wii like mad now is because I wanna unlock Rosalina. So pwetty <3

Moreover it's a multi-character game which is supposed to represent different parts of Mario, how can they not be important? :<

I kind of agree with Afro. When you compare MK to SSB, the characters don't really matter in MK.

Back