Mario Kart Discussion Thread

Professor Palutena

The Queen
The title should be pretty obvious what the thread's purpose is; the discussion of Mario Kart. Talk about the past games, the new ones, the future games, favorite characters and courses, etc.

PB members Mario Kart 7 community code: 61-5941-2631-6404 (Thanks TheGuy)

What happened to Diddy Kong and Waluigi they are two of my favorite's.I'm glad they kept Rosalina though.I also would of hoped that they added Petey Piranha he was in Mario Kart DD.There's probably plenty more characters and race courses that can be unlocked just like previous games.

They haven't been confirmed or denied yet. I only posted characters that have had screenshots confirming that they're appearing in Mario Kart 7.

Both of those two characters have fairly high chances of appearing in my opinion, so I wouldn't worry about them yet.

Pretty cool to see Koopa Troopa is coming back. Too bad Daisy is gonna drop some sexy all over this game and I will probably be KT only a couple times for nostalgia++.

Kalimari Desert coming back is pretty cool, too.

Not very interested in the new characters, but excited regardless! The Gliders have made me wonder if they're going to hinder the gameplay by over complicating it, hopefully this isn't the case.

So far so good although I'm not that excited for the new characters revealed so far. I just hope Metal Mario is not a trend for Metal Luigi, Bowser, etc. I'm looking forward to seeing how Rainbow Road looks this time!

PMJ said:
Pretty cool to see Koopa Troopa is coming back. Too bad Daisy is gonna drop some sexy all over this game and I will probably be KT only a couple times for nostalgia++.

Kalimari Desert coming back is pretty cool, too.
Kalimari Desert was one of my favorite tracks. Bringing old things back: <3

ForeignDude said:
So far so good although I'm not that excited for the new characters revealed so far. I just hope Metal Mario is not a trend for Metal Luigi, Bowser, etc. I'm looking forward to seeing how Rainbow Road looks this time!
Yeah, if four of the new racers are Metal Mario, Metal Luigi, Metal Peach and Metal Daisy, it'll be just like the babies in MKW all over again. -_-

I'm not too bothered with the character roster in this game too much, though i've always been fond of Birdo as no one seems to show her (or even him 0.o) some love.

The only thing i'm interesting in is the whole business with "customizing" your karts. It's obvious this will affect your handling, drift and pretty much overall preformance on certain tracks, but i want to know whether you'll be able to unlock a wide range of parts to give players alot of variaty so we don't end up seeing the same kart layout being used online (similar too how a majority of competitive players use Funky/Daisy due to their good stats). Plus it's an overall nice gimmick for the game, similar to F-Zero GX (maybe one day they'll remake it Wii U).

Once this game is released i'm pretty sure 3DS sales will sky-rocket.

Hey guys, a bunch of new stuff has been confirmed today.

GCN Dino Dino Jungle, Wii Coconut Mall, Wii Mushroom Gorge, Wii Koopa Cape and N64 Koopa Troopa Beach have all been confirmed as retro courses.

Its also been confirmed that there will be 4 newcomers, as shown by the official site here.

So yeah, discuss.

YES DINO DINO JUNGLE

Mario Kart 7 actually looks pretty interesting. I might even get it, if I get the Wii U, of course.

/me really wants the 3DS now so he can play on Dino Dino Jungle

Oh, and Hanglider on Mushroom Gorge = epic, epic, epic win. :D

Whoa, awesome! Dino Dino Jungle is a pretty great stage just for it's uniqueness. I like the walking dinosaurs. :3 The rest of the courses are okay but nothing really too special in my eyes.

Oh cool, they've already revealed 2 characters. I wonder who the next 2 will be. o_O Whoever they are I'm sure I'll like them. =]

Edit: Uhhh, Yoshidude... Mario Kart 7 is for the 3DS...not the Wii U. ._.

I knew that, Afro-G.

So it appears there are 14 New Stages, and 14 Retro Stages revealed so far, so that means we're missing two of each. I hope we get some good ones. :3

Back