Mario Kart Discussion Thread

Currently i play Mario Kart DS in school in Lunch Time, i always choose Dry Bones with his Tank. My favorite course is Sky Garden from Mario Kart for the Game Boy.

MarekTheGamer2000 said:
Currently i play Mario Kart DS in school in Lunch Time, i always choose Dry Bones with his Tank. My favorite course is Sky Garden from Mario Kart for the Game Boy.

I also play MKDS sometimes also, now usually on my 3DS.(because of the circle pad) I usually use Dry Bones + Egg 1.

Also, I may be getting MK7 soon. When I do, I'll for sure do community races with you guys.

Yesterday I played MK Wii. I was terrible. Why is there a higher chance of Blue Shells? I got 3 Blue Shells in one lap.
Also, my favorite course is N64 Koopa Beach.

I was playing MKwii and came across someone cheating in the game. I got double blue-shelled so much, it wasn't funny. He became super obvious when he got a star before the first set of item boxes.

Bazinga001 said:
I was playing MKwii and came across someone cheating in the game. I got double blue-shelled so much, it wasn't funny. He became super obvious when he got a star before the first set of item boxes.
Oh yup, that'll definitely happen when you play online. For some reason a while back I thought it'd be a cool idea to write down the names off all the hackers I ran into while playing VS online. I think I ended up with a list of around 50+ unique names by the time I stopped keeping track.

Some of the hackers can be good, though. Usually the ones who have the 35000 vr hack will purposely come in last after they are done so everyone else can get lots of vr. Not to mention there are some who will give you the thundercloud glitch(which is having the thundercloud speed but not getting zapped the whole race) at the beginning of the race. It's the 0 VR(or very low vr) ones you want to watch out for.

pokemaister899 said:
Usually the ones who have the 35000 vr hack will purposely come in last after they are done so everyone else can get lots of vr.

That's how I got to the 9800's! (I floated around 8000 before that). All in all, I guess it's which kind you run into. Word of advice: If you get stuck in a race where they strike everyone with lightning, slow down and speed up the flow of the game, and randomly throw blue shells and bombs everywhere, leave IMMEDIATELY.

I wouldn't recommend leaving the game if they do that, because the game will count you leaving as finishing in last, meaning you lose vr, and depending on your vr and the vr of the some players in the room, your vr could take a big hit. Besides, situations like that are what make races with hackers fun(as long as they have high vr and finish in last).

Hey guys, just saying I own MK7 now, so I can now do community races with you guys, and if anyone wants to race me just vm me for my 3DS FC.

Well, Mariokart 8 is now out. So time for a thread revival? Probably could set up a tournament if enough people are interested.

We have a thread specifically about Mario Kart 8 that you can read and participate in here. :)

Back