Finished Mafia XXXVII: Celever's School Grades ~ Game Over!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn it I missed it :( sub me up I guess

Wow, this was popular. I'm glad I didn't make it a 12-player game like people were suggesting!

There's a possibility of expanding the game to fit 20 players. If we get like 30 signups or something cray I would even have more than that. 16 players and 4 subs is fine for now, but there are still some big names which haven't had the opportunity to sign up yet, like Drac, KoN, Luis, Jabber, Muffin... I could go on. If they all sign up, we would have over 1.5x as many enthusiastic players as there are slots in the game.

If we reach 24 signups I will increase the game size to 20 players, or possibly 22/23 if people are wanting it. As this game has been tough to balance, I would anticipate adding roles to be quite time-consuming, however -- possibly up to a week to ensure there's balance and spark in each new role. It's inevitably the choice of players how big they want the game to be right now, so I want your feedback.

I remember lots of veterans were reminiscing about how games used to fill in less than 24 hours back in the day... This one filled in ~7. THAT'S CRAZY!

I would say better safe than sorry. Jesi's game had 16 players and a good amount of subs (5 I think?), and the inactivity was still quite brutal. I say keep it at where we're at.

I would say better safe than sorry. Jesi's game had 16 players and a good amount of subs (5 I think?), and the inactivity was still quite brutal. I say keep it at where we're at.
This is my opinion as well.

I think it's always best to plan for the worst.

But yeah holy balls this game filled fast!

while I agree with this, if we end up with 8 or more subs that seems a bit extreme, so I think if we end up with 8 or more subs Celever should add 2 or 3 roles.

Please keep the game small. If a lot of people are enthusiactic about this game and SS's we could consider upping the number of players in future games. Plus, we want you to have some free time! ;)

I'm going to agree about keeping this game short. I feel we need to see an active game before making bigger games.

Hmm we will see how this goes activity-wise, after Jesi's game I cut a couple of roles and changed my game to 13..

As this game progresses I'll see if I need to add them back.

For now I'm happy to stick with 16 as that's how You originally made the game and cos of what transpired last game.

Not in, just posting to say that I agree with everyone who wants to keep the game at 16.

Jesi's game needed 5 because quaking forgot they were going to be AWFK, so there was an increased need for subs then. I think that if you hit 7+ subs, then you should definitely knock the game up to 20 (providing those last three subs are reliable).

EDIT: I might also host a One Night Mafia in the middle stages of this game for those who missed out if the game size doesn't get up'd.

I think the game should stay small, or else it might be not that beginner friendly I think (beginner I am)
Oh yes, and I think at 5 subs signups should close.

But above all
Take those words with a grain of salt, I don't know how much size affects Mafia. (but consider my words

I vote to keep the size as it is. We don't know how active this game will be, and if it's anything like last game, we'll end up going through all our subs fairly quickly. Besides, it'll create demand for SS's game, and having players who want to stick around is always appreciated here.
What exactly does this mean? Never seen this term before.

Additionally, with Jesi's game, it was over summer break, so a lot of people were on vacations or trips or had otherwise limited access.

Wow Cel, I make you a nice fancy banner and you wait until an hour after I'm offline to open signups? smh

(jk <3)

/in as sub

Jesi's game needed 5 because quaking forgot they were going to be AWFK, so there was an increased need for subs then. I think that if you hit 7+ subs, then you should definitely knock the game up to 20 (providing those last three subs are reliable).

EDIT: I might also host a One Night Mafia in the middle stages of this game for those who missed out if the game size doesn't get up'd.
In my opinion, having the One Night Mafia during this game for anyone unable to play seems like a better idea than making the game larger.

You never know how a game's activity will unroll and it's pointless to try and predict it. For all we know, we may come across a situation where we'll run through seven subs. Sure glad we had seven subs on the list. And hey, if they didn't get to play, then they've got the One Night Mafia.

Heck if it's something you're really concerned about, we could give them priority spots in the next game to ensure they get to play soon.

I'll cast my vote for expanding the game. As cool as One Night Mafia is, I really wanna go to school. :L

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back